Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 510, Seraphim wrote:Yes I want to lynch Hoopla. aaaaaaaand?

Aaaaand this will be the legacy you leave on the game:

In post 522, quadz08 wrote:
1 man power wagonHoopla (1) - Seraphim

oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Sonic's post of the day 4

In post 432, Seraphim wrote:MS: I'll be the first to admit that my entry posts were shit.

Of course you're the first to admit that your entry posts were shit. Apparently, you're the only person that is able, by definition, to "admit" that your entry posts were shit. Unfortunately, I called out your posts were shit first, so you probably aren't the first in that regard.

In post 432, Seraphim wrote:The reads list was honest and straight from my notes I'm keeping on the game and since reads lists are considerably more useful in this game b/c no NK WIFOM I decided it would be useful for people to see where I stood.

Well, why don't you post all of your notes too, instead of the "demo version" of reads? Demo versions are usually shit. You know that. We all know that. What, must we pay you to get the "full version" or something?

In post 432, Seraphim wrote:
wgeurts and MS: I want you both to clearly and concisely try to explain to me why the other person is scum. I want to mediate and stop you guys from fighting because I'm 90% convinced you're both town and this fight is stupid.

If this fight was stupid, then A.B.R and GreyICE wouldn't be agreeing with me.

Anyway, point form for those of you lazies:

1. Shallow scumhunting. wgeurts makes weak attempts to scumhunt that are easily manufacturable by scum.
2. Actions contradict his words. wgeurts asserts certain points but his behavior, tone, and vote do not reflect it.

NEW 3: Antitown biased tunnelling: By tunnelling and only focussing on the towniest player in the game, allows him to avoid scumhunting other players. Whenever questioned about other players in the game, he will redirect the subject onto myself in order to reduce the amount of meaningful, relevant content that he has to say. Knowing that I will never be in danger of a lynch, his push can go on infinitely and while not needing to contribute relevant points or scumhunt during this period.

NEW 4: Lack of logical rebuttals: His defenses against me consist of only 3 catchphrases "You're Lying", "You're Misrepping", and "That's False". wgeurts is unable to counter my arguments in a convincing manner, and thus has to resort to desperate tactics in order to keep fighting. Unfortunately for him, not many are buying it.

In post 435, ZZZX wrote:Metal do you believe in fking GIF?

Maybe yes, maybe no. I want GIF to explain his read clearly, because he could be wrong on his read, especially when he isn't invested in the game as a main player. I also want to establish GIF's meta knowledge of wgeurts and how many scumgames and towngames he has seen.

In post 441, ZZZX wrote:Metal. Will you trust me this once and follow me??

Yeah, except you changed your vote like 10 posts later. That means you don't even trust yourself.

In post 470, ZZZX wrote:Also wgeurts. Are you going to do what i told you and move ur vote and ignore metal?
Because you are not following up.
Be playing pro-town and just freaking do it already

Even ZZZX caught it already. wgeurt's reluctance to move out of his vote park until much pressure indicates: How much he loves his vote park.

me wrote:2. Actions contradict his words. wgeurts asserts certain points but his behavior, tone, and vote do not reflect it.

I think that the evidence is clear.

In post 489, Seraphim wrote:False equivalence, ABR.
It is precisely the noise/content to ratio on Hoopla that makes her scummy. The fact that she has posted less content than sotty over twice as many posts is a significant factor towards her being scum.
Also, sotty has (until recently) been at the receiving end of GreyICE's wrath and has not been given a chance to do anything besides react.
Plus, you are now on a wagon with the same person you've been wagoning so heavily. Does that not give you pause?
This post used to be a lot more venomous but I've told recently that antagonizing my townreads is a bad idea so...

So, GreyICE, why the vote?

This post is interesting.
@Sotty
, this is a case against Hoopla, a poor one, but a case is a case. Do you want to respond to this?

_____

The amount of posting today has been pretty low. I've responded live to most of the latest posts today, so those have been covered.

This post has been a short one.
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 526, Metal Sonic wrote:10 posts later

*33 posts later. Whoops, maybe wgeurts will cry that I'm 'lying' again.
oopsies! haha!

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:53 am

Post by wgeurts »

So I've got internet but it's really slow, as in 2 minute wait to post this. So I may post occasionaly but I'm still VLA due to limited access.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:56 am

Post by wgeurts »

Metal Sonic, you are wrong and from my team mates perspectives I may also be wrong.
Is it not possible to focus on others, for now?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

It is possible. Look at who I am voting.

Am I focusing only on you? You seem to be implying it.
oopsies! haha!

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:49 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 530, Metal Sonic wrote:It is possible. Look at who I am voting.

Am I focusing only on you? You seem to be implying it.

No, you just keep repeating yourself like a broken record on me (as do I concerning you.)
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 531, wgeurts wrote:No, you just keep repeating yourself like a broken record on me

That is a misrep. I am not repeating myself like a broken record, because I have been making cases on other people as well. I am currently voting Seraphim. So you are lying about me not focusing on others.
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:57 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

But okay fine I'll stop.

Go enjoy your VLA

I want espeonage to closely watch the game while you're away and you are going to post everything he says when you get back. Clear?
oopsies! haha!

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:11 am

Post by wgeurts »

(Said you were a broken record when speaking of me)
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Zar »

Checking in. Still need to fully catch up.

In post 396, GreyICE wrote:MS, ZZZX, Zar, chat with your teams. I want you on board here. MS, I know you are, ZZZX same, Zar, just chat with Regfan. He's the best fucking player on this site, bar none.

AS LONG AS YOU TELL ME I'M NOT GONNA BE PLAYING PROXY HERE, but certainly. I'm also waiting for Empire to wake up to talk a little about Nacho, because I'm finding him scummy here and I'd like him to weigh in as well. I don't like how it feels like he was lining up to vote Seraphim and then suddenly have a 180 degree unexplained change of heart when he was alling him a very good vote.

Speaking of Serpahim, there's one thing I want to ask himWhy's your team's opinion so adamant to talk about declaring token use?
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:36 am

Post by GreyICE »

Zar, I'd settle for you playing period.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

He was talking, and then he wasn't talking.
Why do you think my read changed, Zar?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And, if you're going to be sensitive to playing by proxy, then don't wait on Empire to push a read on me. If you wait for Empire to substantiate the read, then I'm probably going to deal with Empire's read. If you push the read yourself, then I will deal with your read.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

The post I owe ABR

So why the Hoopla read? Well initially I was trying to figure out what the hell she was doing. Then what she was doing made sense. It is impossible to win if the town splinters off into a thousand different directions. All you need is two players like Eddie or Wguerts on the town's side, noble crusaders for the banner of Quixote, and the town can't get a lynch together without bussing. Town reads aren't ultra important compared to getting together a block of people who vote together. That lightbulb moment? That's when I switched my read.

The vigging plan is immensely pro-town. If we have two town lynches in a row, it means we can't block effectively enough to get a scum lynch. At that point literal random chance is better than what the town can do. And airing it on day 1 is immensely pro-town. Trying it on day 3/4 when the scum can effectively choose whether to "agree" or "disagree" based on selection is awful. If someone says "great plan!" on day 1 and then on day 3 is like "How awful I'd never do that" then at least we'd have a shot.

That's strong, town analysis.

So why hold off on explaining?

Because it's town
analysis
. Shit you could do before you even got your role PM. She knows that I'd be all over shitty analysis from her like white on rice. So if Hoopla pushed the plan and made everyone either agree or disagree (not this weak-sauce shit from Kagami, actual yes/no up/down on it) then we'd get scads of information. Do scum sign on to a pro-town plan? How do they or do they not?

Similarly, if she's building consensus, she'd look to establish a block. 5 or so town votes that work together is immensely powerful in this setup. These are great things. But I don't want to say "Hoopla would do X if she's town" because then Hoopla gets to either agree/disagree and her actions are meaningless WIFOM. I wanted to see what she would do with a few days of free time.

The answer?
LURK LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER.

Don't consider that spot one of my town reads. Still like my current vote, mind you.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Zar »

In post 537, Nachomamma8 wrote:He was talking, and then he wasn't talking.
Why do you think my read changed, Zar?

Basically, you responded this to Metal Sonic's question:

In post 518, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 516, Metal Sonic wrote:I want your thoughts on the following players:

Seraphim
GreyICE
Albert B. rampage
Any updates on your wgeurts read?

If members on your team (including ffery) could chip in that'll be great!

I think all of these people are town.
I think Hoopla is scum.

But before you said the following earlier:

In post 331, Nachomamma8 wrote:Sorry for being contrary guys!

I still think wolf slot is a fine vote, although a bit less so.
Sotty, unfortunately, is forming up to be an ok vote at this stage.
Seraphim is a great vote.

I'd like to bring Sotty into the game at this point because I find I do best when I have a couple of sounding boards in thread to work with and now that Empire's gone, Sotty is probably the player I feel the most comfortable with, but I'd like her in the game and talking about things instead of letting Grey dictate interactions and her just sitting on the peripheral.

I also love Hoopla's entrance in a "good player" sort of way, although the Eddie vote doesn't seem like the strongest direction we can take at this stage.

and I don't really see what leads to the change, so it kinda looks to me like it's something that could be done to take off some heat off a partner without looking like you're defending them.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Zar »

In post 538, Nachomamma8 wrote:And, if you're going to be sensitive to playing by proxy, then don't wait on Empire to push a read on me. If you wait for Empire to substantiate the read, then I'm probably going to deal with Empire's read. If you push the read yourself, then I will deal with your read.

Also, I don't mean like I'm going to go lone wolf and suddenly try to ride this without the team pitching in, I prefer the team environment since I have three other set of eyes that can collaborate in and look at the game and help me figure out if I'm missing something that may be glaringly obvious? But I don't want to just be cornered into playing delivery boy. I might get a full compiled set of reads from the Circlejerk as soon as they all have a chance.
Show

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Hoopla Mar 31, 10:47pm Apr 01, 10:37am
2 days 6 hours

Prod?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Time's up, guys. I stepped back to let the game breathe without me and nothing happened. Hoopla never posted, Sotty didn't contribute, wgeurts and ZZZX V/LA, Zar not caught up. Absolutely nothing.

Let's get this underway and end this day.

Vote: Sotty
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

ABR, thoughts on GI's post?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 526, Metal Sonic wrote:
This post is interesting.
@Sotty
, this is a case against Hoopla, a poor one, but a case is a case. Do you want to respond to this?

Not really. Like you said it's a poor case. She has one vote currently but at least five people (GreyICE, Kagami, Nacho, Zar, ZZZX) have voiced some kind of scum "feelings" about her that seem to be void of any real reasoning, outside of GreyICE's Post 539. I wouldn't be surprised if there is scum in that group looking to jump in should a Hoopla lynch become an actual possibility. Just the whole thing is icky.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:48 pm

In post 544, EddieFenix wrote:ABR, thoughts on GI's post?

Looks like he wanted to give Hoopla space to work, and then she stopped posting, so it didn't work, and he doesn't townread her.

So yeah. Let's vote Sotty out.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 546, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 544, EddieFenix wrote:ABR, thoughts on GI's post?

Looks like he wanted to give Hoopla space to work, and then she stopped posting, so it didn't work, and he doesn't townread her.

So yeah. Let's vote Sotty out.

I'd rather vote GreyIce. I'm willing to bet both of my testicles that he's scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Well help me out here. Let's compromise.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

Lemmie guess, I help you vote sotty, and then I get my wish on GreyIce?

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”