shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:18 am

Post by shos »

continuing from yesterday, not drunk anymore

got nothing to say about p4.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:41 am

Post by shos »

In post 104, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 98, notscience wrote:This doesn't make sense. First off, he posted it so early in the game that there wasn't even anything else for him to try and avoid talking about. Second, something something starting a policy lynch is a null tell.

Driving the conversation towards theory/setup/speculation allows scum to not contribute anything to the game. I've hidden behind it several times as scum. It's not about what he was avoiding THERE, it's about the direction he was heading. We have now had several pages of people claiming roles and wondering AHHH WHERE ARE THE OLD ROLE CLAIMS and it's just silly.

Advocating a policy lynch is pretty bad, unless the player is truly horrendous -- IE, not Who. Additionally, if it was really that bad that Cabd doesn't like playing with him, his team had the option to swap.

This post comes from town. Even if we disagree about the usefulness of (at least some of the) claims of the pre-reroll, this shows town mindset, imo.

In post 107, shos wrote:
Guys I should make it known that I pfyen phonepoat so please igbore spelling errora and also sorry if i dont produce as much content as I like in most posts
would like to reiterate this.
I'm right now on a vacation so I'm trying to find the time to post, but this should be noted.

Also, mod, I'm going on a fieldtrip with my buddies in the desert Sunday-Monday, consider me VLA.
Might still post though from phone if there's reception..

In post 116, notscience wrote:That being said, my reservations aside, I think you're town at the moment for trying to thin the herd some, in any way you can. Do I think some of the reasoning is flawed? Yes. But flawed reasoning does not a scum make.

Would you explain to me this townread? how is any of his posts 'trying to think the herd'?

In post 118, TierShift wrote:
In post 87, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 82, TierShift wrote:Yeah this is shit I'm pretty happy with my vote
WHy is it shit

Because there was obviously no intent to avoid engaging this game by cabd and you made it seem like there was. You seemed to be pretty certain in your read but now that there's resistance to your read you try to justify it with even more bullshit ('it was just about the direction he was heading') which is put forward more as an excuse for scumreading him than as a read you believe in. Town don't need to make excuses for reads, they believe in reads.

Seriously, people, read 104 and see it's a fucking excuse.
Bullshit. see above.
In post 124, Cephrir wrote:
In post 122, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Alright, fuck this. Let's do something.

Cephrir, as of right now who should we lynch today?

Reck, same question. Iec, same question.

Reck.

I'd also like Copper to answer this question.

Explanation. Why lynch my townread.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:52 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 271, notscience wrote:Waiting for Cabd to catchup personally, would love to see your catchup!

I read p1 and i am already bored but I thought cabd's post was pretty funny!

copper lets dance

In post 272, xRECKONERx wrote:SO GODDAMNED DRUNK WHAT'S UP IM TOWN FIGHTE ME RIRIRL

I will fight you IRL
whew!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:05 am

Post by shos »

In post 139, Cephrir wrote:
It is true that I prefer scum roles in general, but I have rolled it a lot lately. In fact, I put tokens on town here.

I find this wierd. why would you claim that, in a game which is explicitly not using the tokens?

In post 149, copper223 wrote:
In post 144, xRECKONERx wrote:What's the pro-town benefit of setup speculation discussion? It's not even current setup spec -- it's setup spec from a completely unrelated game. It is not productive, it's anti-productive. It's a distraction. I don't particularly give a shit about meta or anything, so that piece of the argument falls flat for me. For me, analyzing that within the context of this game alone, it's sketchy.

At least you can admit your bias.

You don't know if there is a correlation between the roles of the prior setup and the new ones, from the roles you all said you received I suspect there is one so the discussion is not useless, there are other ways where discussion of past roles can be useful as well.

I could make the same argument for RVS you just mad for Cabd proposing that discussion, it's not productive because all of us here know how it goes, it's anti-productive, it's a distraction, it's scum indicative that you RVS voted ... (if you space the logical jumps from A to D by putting in B and C to make it look reasonable it still is absurd when you connect the dots).

I do think it's possible you are strirring things up as town and some pressure on Cabd is fine by me.
Of course you do know, there's no correlation and it's explicitly been said that a new setup has been brought. The only thing we can get from this is scum fakeclaims, and you look a lot like you're just trying to direct conversation to useless specs.

Honestly if anyone is still thinking Reck is scum after reading this page I'm gonna shit brix and throw'em on you

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:05 am

Post by shos »

(that was page 6 btw :/ and the one before was 5)

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:09 am

Post by shos »

In post 150, Magua wrote:
Vote Count 1.5

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

shos (2): Rhinox, Cephrir
xRECKONERx (1): TierShift
Lady Lambdadelta (1): shos
TierShift (1): Lady Lambdadelta
T-Bone (1): copper223
Who (1): Cabd
Cabd (1): xRECKONERx
Katsuki (1): Iecerint

Not Voting (4): Katsuki, notscience, T-Bone, Who

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, April 15th, at 12:00 noon EDT (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2015-04-15 11:00:00)

NameChangeScore
Cabd
Cephrir
copper223
-
Iecerint
-
Katsuki
-
Lady Lambdadelta
+2
notscience
-
Rhinox
shos
+2
T-Bone
-
TierShift
Who
-
xRECKONERx
+1

So
I have +2 and I have 2 votes
and the ones voting me have -2
Reck has +1 and has 1 vote
and the one voting him has -1

Rhinox and LLD ?????
I hope by now you guys know more about this than on P6

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:37 am

Post by shos »

In post 153, copper223 wrote:
In post 151, Cephrir wrote:This game is pretty high-profile and run by smart people. There's absolutely no way they would allow setup spec based on the previous game to be useful for town here -- that would be terrible modding. I expect there is exactly the same amount of correlation you would see between any two Magua games. So unless you normally do buckets of mod meta, we can stop anytime.

No matter how smart Magua is he doesn't live in a vacuum, he had 1 day to make a new setup and he had the roles from his previous game fresh in mind, so I guarantee he is going to re-use some ideas.

The point of the RVS example was not to compare the validity of the two, it was to highlight how Reck made a series of unjustified logical leaps to land to his conclusion.
On another thought, this could be fitting. I'd imagine Magua was not planning this game alone on that day, you know many people here communicate in other means and stuff, online chats etc.
But I can see how this is coming from a townie mindset.
In post 154, Cephrir wrote:shos is different because he's being a smarmy coy asshole about his read. He's doing the "I have a read, you wanna know what it is? Too bad!" thing that reminds me of elementary school bus rides.
Does that make me scum? have you seen me on gamestarts?
in a game YOU modded I did practically the same, got myself run up and almost lynched on D1. ended up vigging two scums iirc or something like that. This behaviour was not a one-time thing too. How does that make me scum, please?

In post 173, TierShift wrote:
In post 159, Rhinox wrote:minus for votes cast, plus for votes received?

No. Doesn't add up.

I like the way rhinox is going about the game.

Not really feeling a shos wagon as it's based on not cooperating, essentially, which I don't find to be a scumtell
for him.

Copper is posting safe. Trying not to butt heads.
VOTE: copper

Shos, thoughts on copper?
Bolded for you what would be the main idea. TS knows me well <3

My thoughts on copper are kinda wierd. I mean so far I have like 3-4 reads, main ones being reck town and ceph scum, but I'm always a sucker for AtE and activity, and copper & ceph's activity makes me wonder. ceph I'm scumreading for the contents of his posts and their consistency of being bad imo, but copper, I dunno, partial agreement doesn't give me shit and the fact that he posted that much content by now(which is actually content) makes me lean town....

Not voting there anyway.
In post 174, copper223 wrote:That's hilarious on so many levels Tier:

- I am bold as fuck when I play scum.

- One of the reasons why Sthar8 townread me in the game we just played together was me being conciliatory for the sake of information gathering.

- I just finished butting heads with Ceph.

Are you bored with this game and scum claiming?

and what the hell is this :/

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 274, copper223 wrote:This says you are ok with Cabd's post, you then go further on covering your back with the: I've seen Cabd lurk as scum... but it's too early to tell.

These points don't have anything to do with each other, untwist your knickers.

In post 276, shos wrote:
In post 98, notscience wrote:This doesn't make sense. First off, he posted it so early in the game that there wasn't even anything else for him to try and avoid talking about. Second, something something starting a policy lynch is a null tell.

Driving the conversation towards theory/setup/speculation allows scum to not contribute anything to the game. I've hidden behind it several times as scum. It's not about what he was avoiding THERE, it's about the direction he was heading. We have now had several pages of people claiming roles and wondering AHHH WHERE ARE THE OLD ROLE CLAIMS and it's just silly.

Advocating a policy lynch is pretty bad, unless the player is truly horrendous -- IE, not Who. Additionally, if it was really that bad that Cabd doesn't like playing with him, his team had the option to swap.

This post comes from town. Even if we disagree about the usefulness of (at least some of the) claims of the pre-reroll, this shows town mindset, imo.

How? These things are all really easy to say and more mafia philosophy than anything alignment-relevant. I you couldn't fake this you need serious work.

In post 276, shos wrote:
In post 116, notscience wrote:That being said, my reservations aside, I think you're town at the moment for trying to thin the herd some, in any way you can. Do I think some of the reasoning is flawed? Yes. But flawed reasoning does not a scum make.

Would you explain to me this townread? how is any of his posts 'trying to think the herd'?

In post 118, TierShift wrote:
In post 87, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 82, TierShift wrote:Yeah this is shit I'm pretty happy with my vote
WHy is it shit

Because there was obviously no intent to avoid engaging this game by cabd and you made it seem like there was. You seemed to be pretty certain in your read but now that there's resistance to your read you try to justify it with even more bullshit ('it was just about the direction he was heading') which is put forward more as an excuse for scumreading him than as a read you believe in. Town don't need to make excuses for reads, they believe in reads.

Seriously, people, read 104 and see it's a fucking excuse.
Bullshit. see above.

See above? The above is "could you explain this to me." You not understanding something doesn't make it bullshit. Moreover, I can't see what you could be failing to understand about this post, it makes perfect sense, and it's townier than any of the seemingly random posts you're currently god tier towning Reck for.

In post 276, shos wrote:
In post 124, Cephrir wrote:
In post 122, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Alright, fuck this. Let's do something.

Cephrir, as of right now who should we lynch today?

Reck, same question. Iec, same question.

Reck.

I'd also like Copper to answer this question.

Explanation. Why lynch my townread.

If you don't know why I suspected Reck at that point I invite you to RTFT again, since it apparently didn't stick the first time.

In post 276, shos wrote:
In post 278, shos wrote:
In post 139, Cephrir wrote:
It is true that I prefer scum roles in general, but I have rolled it a lot lately. In fact, I put tokens on town here.

I find this wierd. why would you claim that, in a game which is explicitly not using the tokens?

Who cares?

I claimed it because meta would suggest me being excited to play this game would be scummy, as a means of showing that I'm actually pumped to be town. But who cares, and why not?

In post 276, shos wrote:
In post 149, copper223 wrote:
In post 144, xRECKONERx wrote:What's the pro-town benefit of setup speculation discussion? It's not even current setup spec -- it's setup spec from a completely unrelated game. It is not productive, it's anti-productive. It's a distraction. I don't particularly give a shit about meta or anything, so that piece of the argument falls flat for me. For me, analyzing that within the context of this game alone, it's sketchy.

At least you can admit your bias.

You don't know if there is a correlation between the roles of the prior setup and the new ones, from the roles you all said you received I suspect there is one so the discussion is not useless, there are other ways where discussion of past roles can be useful as well.

I could make the same argument for RVS you just mad for Cabd proposing that discussion, it's not productive because all of us here know how it goes, it's anti-productive, it's a distraction, it's scum indicative that you RVS voted ... (if you space the logical jumps from A to D by putting in B and C to make it look reasonable it still is absurd when you connect the dots).

I do think it's possible you are strirring things up as town and some pressure on Cabd is fine by me.
Of course you do know, there's no correlation and it's explicitly been said that a new setup has been brought. The only thing we can get from this is scum fakeclaims, and you look a lot like you're just trying to direct conversation to useless specs.

Honestly if anyone is still thinking Reck is scum after reading this page I'm gonna shit brix and throw'em on you

I'm not going to make the logical connections for you. If you think someone's town I want to hear why you think so whether or not I agree, I'm more interested in your reasons than the actual read, so what makes this post town?

DO you have a physiological issue with giving reasons? So far I feel like I'm playing with a less articulate mastin.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:47 am

Post by pirate mollie »

hi shos!
whew!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 281, shos wrote:
In post 153, copper223 wrote:
In post 151, Cephrir wrote:This game is pretty high-profile and run by smart people. There's absolutely no way they would allow setup spec based on the previous game to be useful for town here -- that would be terrible modding. I expect there is exactly the same amount of correlation you would see between any two Magua games. So unless you normally do buckets of mod meta, we can stop anytime.

No matter how smart Magua is he doesn't live in a vacuum, he had 1 day to make a new setup and he had the roles from his previous game fresh in mind, so I guarantee he is going to re-use some ideas.

The point of the RVS example was not to compare the validity of the two, it was to highlight how Reck made a series of unjustified logical leaps to land to his conclusion.
On another thought, this could be fitting. I'd imagine Magua was not planning this game alone on that day, you know many people here communicate in other means and stuff, online chats etc.
But I can see how this is coming from a townie mindset.

Because _______

I made this point more often and more emphatically than copper did. Here you are agreeing with a post of his that isn't even making it, and actually the opposite. Perhaps you don't want to give me any credit, since you're probably building up to trying to force a scumread on me.

In post 281, shos wrote:
In post 281, shos wrote:
In post 154, Cephrir wrote:shos is different because he's being a smarmy coy asshole about his read. He's doing the "I have a read, you wanna know what it is? Too bad!" thing that reminds me of elementary school bus rides.
Does that make me scum? have you seen me on gamestarts?
in a game YOU modded I did practically the same, got myself run up and almost lynched on D1. ended up vigging two scums iirc or something like that. This behaviour was not a one-time thing too. How does that make me scum, please?

I don't remember what you did to get run up there. If I feel like it, maybe I'll check. If it was really "no I won't explain my reads and I'm taking my ball too" then you deserved it.

In post 173, TierShift wrote:
In post 159, Rhinox wrote:minus for votes cast, plus for votes received?

No. Doesn't add up.

I like the way rhinox is going about the game.

Not really feeling a shos wagon as it's based on not cooperating, essentially, which I don't find to be a scumtell
for him.

Copper is posting safe. Trying not to butt heads.
VOTE: copper

Shos, thoughts on copper?
Bolded for you what would be the main idea. TS knows me well <3

My thoughts on copper are kinda wierd. I mean so far I have like 3-4 reads, main ones being reck town and ceph scum, but I'm always a sucker for AtE and activity, and copper & ceph's activity makes me wonder. ceph I'm scumreading for the contents of his posts and their consistency of being bad imo, but copper, I dunno, partial agreement doesn't give me shit and the fact that he posted that much content by now(which is actually content) makes me lean town....

Not voting there anyway.

Color me surprised. Lol. Oh, their consistency of being bad! What a grand fucking case. I'm quivering in my boots because I can just see that getting sheeped. And apparently copper's activity makes him town and mine makes no difference, even though I have twice as many posts as anyone else? Yeah, k. Can you not come up with anything more creative than OMGUS? You've done a pretty terrible job of pointing out what posts of mine are apparently bad.
Bartleby the Scrivener
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:55 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 274, copper223 wrote:My position on Reck is not how you described it, what I said at the time was: I am still making up my mind whether his attack was scummy or not and that it depended a lot on what Cabd, whom I was lightly townreading at the time, would do, so how exactly did I agree with you?

My bad, I misremembered. I don't understand how cabd being scum makes reck 'right' about this attack, please explain that.

In post 118, TierShift wrote: Because there was
obviously
no intent to avoid engaging this game by cabd and you made it seem like there was.

This says you are ok with Cabd's post, you then go further on covering your back with the: I've seen Cabd lurk as scum... but it's too early to tell.

I'm okay with cabd's post. That is NOT a read. I can be okay with a certain scumpost. I can even be okay with someone's every post and still scumread them for general lack of direction, for instance.

The last question doesn't merit an answer, if you are teammates you have a vested interest in him not being early wagoned and lynched but you also don't want to tie your fate to a player that has shown he might lurk and get himself quickly lynched as scum, this is how I interpret the deflection I quoted, which was part of your Reck campaign. Why are you so worried about a TS/Cabd connection?

What I'm worried about is you pushing bullshit. I don't care if I have a 'connection' to cabd, if there were one. But there isn't and I'm trying to find out why you're acting like there is.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:02 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 276, shos wrote:

Yeah no. Convince me. Without calling my dislike of this bullshit.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:05 am

Post by TierShift »

shos, your reck townread is shit. I'll give you time to reread and reprocess. Afterwards I want you to say it's shit.

Also, explain your ceph scumread to me in 3 sentences.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:28 am

Post by copper223 »

@Mollie
Let's, what's your read on Ceph., I think he is town.

@Tier
If Cabd is scum I can well believe Reck being right that Cabd picked the setup spec. as white noise, and I will add since I have been thinking about it also as an oblique way to rolefish, and his PL on Who is an easy way to scumread someone.

You can deny all you want, that was a clear deflection and if Cabd flips scum barring other posts that make me change read on you I'm going to try my best to get you lynched next.

I also really dislike how inflexible you are being with your reads, that is very different from the TS that took 13 days to decide he'd rather NL and let us sort out the situation at lylo when you were town last time.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:52 am

Post by TierShift »

blegh, I don't feel so sure about you. Where would you suggest I vote? Not super up for cabd, would vote if needed.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:52 am

Post by TierShift »

also, I'm very thorough and paranoid at mylo/lylo!
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:04 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 289, TierShift wrote:blegh, I don't feel so sure about you. Where would you suggest I vote? Not super up for cabd, would vote if needed.

I think Cabd is at the very least a fine pressure vote.

I don't get why T-Bone is supposed to be town either. I need someone to condense why shos is scummy, I do n't see it but I am also not townreading him, I really dislike the catch-up posting style he is using btw.

Mainly getting it right on Ceph. seems to be important for today cause he looks like a divisive read, spending some effort there also makes sense, he does seem town to me but he has been kind of pocketing me as well so not in the most objective spot to judge.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:08 am

Post by copper223 »

Also if Mollie doesn't start to try and assert control on how the game is going and on who she wants to push she is likely scum, I don't get why their team would have gone with that replacement though as her preference for playing town is well known, so still waiting to see what she comes up with but leaning town due to this.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:55 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 291, copper223 wrote:I don't get why T-Bone is supposed to be town either.

T-bone is in this game?
I need someone to condense why shos is scummy, I do n't see it but I am also not townreading him, I really dislike the catch-up posting style he is using btw.

I'm not sure on shos yet. I get that the posting style is tryhard, but I don't associate that with his town- or scumgame. Pretty sure I'll be able to read him later.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:57 am

Post by TierShift »

Oh yeah T-bone could use sme pressure votes too

VOTE: cabd
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

That's tryhard? If it is, then I'll be sad.
Bartleby the Scrivener
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:06 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 294, TierShift wrote:Oh yeah T-bone could use sme pressure votes too

VOTE: cabd

You misspelled 'T-Bone' bud.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:10 am

Post by T-Bone »

Don't be lazy scum and ask someone else to pressure me. Cabd already has heat on him so let's not pretend you're adding to it when you say things like 'let's pressure bone lololol'
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:32 am

Post by TierShift »

uh, I think I am.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Iecerint »

I'm on vacation, but I'll drop in and say that my team has mentioned that Cabd could be scum, though I don't know how closely they've read. I haven't caught up all the way.

NS, not sure what it means, so maybe you read between lines when there weren't any margin notes. D:

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”