killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:02 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 466, Soren wrote:A quick skim of Aristophanes' iso tells me that he's either a busy person or has limited access to a pc, possibly both, thus he hasn't posted much. But when he does post, he contributes by offering his thoughts, tries to understand the line of thoughts behind reads and most importantly, he votes.

One problem I see is the lack of his own reads, he's trying to understand other people's reads more than giving his own reads.

"Trying" to understand other people's reads is one of the easiest things to fake a scum.

I feel if Aris was town he'd actually look at the wagons, identify the people on them, read the cases each had provided for the wagons, and ask specific questions about things he didn't agree with or understand fully.

"WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING FOR TAYLOR SWIFT? I DON'T GET IT. CAN SOMEONE POST A CASE FOR ME PLEASE," isn't trying to understand the wagons. It's a lazy attempt to appear sooooo relatable and sooooo town because townies have doubts and are skeptical about things.
AND HE'S DONE IT THREE TIMES!
Last edited by Marquis on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Bookitty »

Empking said he wouldn't ever vote Antihero AFTER Anti went to L-1 and looked to be the most likely lynch. That doesn't look like a scum move to me. Why make a stand-out remark like that when Anti was clearly on the way down? It would make more sense to vote Anti as scum since he was a lost cause anyway, right?

So I'm reading Empking as town after looking at the chronology there.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Soren »

In post 475, killerjester wrote:
In post 466, Soren wrote:A quick skim of Aristophanes' iso tells me that he's either a busy person or has limited access to a pc, possibly both, thus he hasn't posted much. But when he does post, he contributes by offering his thoughts, tries to understand the line of thoughts behind reads and most importantly, he votes.

One problem I see is the lack of his own reads, he's trying to understand other people's reads more than giving his own reads.

"Trying" to understand other people's reads is one of the easiest things to fake a scum.

I feel if Aris was town he'd actually look at the wagons, identify the people on them, read the cases each had provided for the wagons, and ask specific questions about things he didn't agree with or understand fully.

"WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING FOR TAYLOR SWIFT? I DON'T GET IT. CAN SOMEONE POST A CASE FOR ME PLEASE," isn't trying to understand the wagons. It's a lazy attempt to appear sooooo relatable and sooooo town because townies have doubts and are skeptical about things.

That's a pretty good point. I can definitely see scum doing this.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:07 am

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 470, Bookitty wrote:Okay, LucianRoy. I have a couple things to say.

Drawn on Arrival just ended, allowing me to say something about Ika. He lurks a lot as scum, as that game will attest. Since he replaced in, he hasn't contributed a thing. I'm watching that slot and if he continues this trend, my vote is going there.

What's the scum motivation for pushing Antihero's lynch and then not stepping in to vote him to take the towncred? Was he NOT going to be lynched without my vote? (Hint: he was lynched anyway -- just letting you know.) If I were scum, why wouldn't I jump on that vote to ensure that you would think I was town? Why would I push for his lynch in the first place if I were scum?

What is your deal anyway? It really seems to me that you're trying to push the idea of me as scum without getting your own hands dirty with a vote and without giving reasons that make ANY kind of sense. So what's your major malfunction?

I'd really like to know.

This is the second game I've played with ika, or actually, the first of him not as a hydra...
Oh wait, that game is still in progress. Nvm.
All I can say is, you're partially right, and partially wrong, but I don't think meta reads will help you with that slot.

That's the exact thing that bothers me, and that is exactly why I question your behavior.
If I were playing a ruthless scum-game. I would've immediately seen Anti as a cuttable canon, regardless of his role or ability. I would've painted him as scum early so I could do the exact thing you're doing at the current moment. Using that as a somewhat substitute town-cred. It's like bussing without the actual bus. However, I'd have faith in Anti as well. I'd restrain myself from voting him because I'd believe he'd come back and clear up his case with all the meta on him, and such. So, I wouldn't vote him, but I'd imply him as an option. I wouldn't save him. That's his job, but I wouldn't damn him either.
That's my scumlogic right there.

Also, I'm only slightly uncertain of you as definite scum. I seem to be the only one reading you as such, and that's usually a bad sign.
Thus, why I'm hesitant to vote you. All I'm doing right now is conversing with you to gain a stronger sense of my read.
Bzzzrrrt... zap
* I also appear to be malfunctioning. Time for repairs.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Elyse »

You could call Boo scummy if Anti flipped town...but there's no scum motivation for Boo to push a scum lynch and not swipe the town cred from being on it.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 am

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 473, Bookitty wrote:
In post 467, LucianRoy wrote:And we all know that Boo is highly critical of sheep votes. In this sense, I dislike the hypocrisy.

Can you provide examples of this in general? I objected to Soren's sheep of ME, yes, but this is not true in general. So prove it or stop making sweeping statements that are not true.

So you dislike sheep votes on yourself, but you find it okay to sheep other people.
You pointed out the example I was thinking of yourself.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Marquis »

V O T E C O U N T
2 0 5

It was a wicked and wild wind;
blew down the doors to let me in.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums...
People couldn’t believe what I’d become.

— "Viva La Vida",
BBC Radio 2
promotional Coldplay cover for
Speak Now

(4)
Aristophanes
— killerjester, DarkLightA, Empking, Bookitty
(L-3)

(0)
Bookitty

(0)
Elyse

(0)
Empking

(0)
Endless Possibilities

(0)
Espeonage

(0)
killerjester

(0)
LucianRoy

(0)
Not_Mafia

(2)
ika
— Endless Possibilities
(L-5)

(0)
Soren

(3)
DarkLightA
— Not_Mafia, LucianRoy, Elyse
(L-4)

(4)
Not Voting
— Aristophanes, Espeonage, ika, Soren

With
alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2015-04-17 15:15:00)
(Fri Apr 17 @ 15:15:00 EST).

(
o
´ω`
o
)
Last edited by Marquis on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
link in bio
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:13 am

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 475, killerjester wrote:

This is considerable, but I'm still uncertain.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

I didn't imply Anti as an option. I supported EP's push on him with evidence. That's flat out making him an option, not implying anything. Reread my ISO. I think I was a pretty strong voice for Anti-scum and provided both town-meta and scum-meta for him.

Why did you vote for Anti, precisely, LucianRoy? Can you explain your scumread on Anti to me in more detail? Do you think you deserve towncred for that?

What happened to your read on Aristo, LucianRoy? What has changed between yesterday and today?

The sheep thing is stupid. Someone sheeping me makes me suspicious of them because they seem to be borrowing my reasons in lieu of giving their own. That's not a general indictment of sheeping by any means and it looks trumped-up and fake to me.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:33 am

Post by LucianRoy »

Anti's one #92 post basically sums up an instance of divine BS logic, and I didn't like his RVS on you. Several of my town-reads also supported the wagon that formed on him, so I thought it was in good faith.
I have no idea what Anti's meta is. Nor do I really wish to. I don't think I read the games you posted, so I didn't really have external knowledge of him outside of this game.
You keep bringing up the subject of town cred like you believe that I think I have some, when really, I don't even know. The question is, do I deserve town cred for my vote? That's not for me to decide.
My read on Aristo changed when scummy people started to vote him. It's leaving me doubting its viability. Yesterday he looked like lynch bait people wanted to snuff out, today they're actually doing it.

Heed your own words. How do you think KJ feels when you sheep him? I'm sure he doesn't care, but that's beside the point.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't care what your read on me is, LucianRoy, except as it relates to your own alignment. I don't care what KillerJester thinks either, because I think he's right that votes building up on Aristo are the only way to get him to post in this game. If he has an issue with it, I'm sure Killer can speak for himself.

You said the same "lynchbait" thing about Antihero, actually, without unvoting him. Why don't you want Aristo pressured? Wouldn't his flip still give you a better idea about my alignment, like yesterday?
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:53 am

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 485, Bookitty wrote:I don't care what your read on me is, LucianRoy, except as it relates to your own alignment. I don't care what KillerJester thinks either, because I think he's right that votes building up on Aristo are the only way to get him to post in this game. If he has an issue with it, I'm sure Killer can speak for himself.

You said the same "lynchbait" thing about Antihero, actually, without unvoting him. Why don't you want Aristo pressured? Wouldn't his flip still give you a better idea about my alignment, like yesterday?

I feel the empathy.
No, I wouldn't learn a lot from his flip. If he flips town, everyone would only pound their heads against a wall.
If, however, he ends up flipping mafia scum, then I'd almost drop my scum read on DLA, and lose a ton of suspicion for your slot.

It's just that, I think he'll flip town, or third party. More likely third party.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Shit, I haven't posted yet today...
I'll do that right soon.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:21 am

Post by LucianRoy »

Alright. This better be good.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Empking »

In post 461, Soren wrote:
In post 303, Empking wrote:Won't be voting Anti ever.

Why?

Thought scum was lolquicklynching him (since he was hammered by known scum, I'm going to count it as a win)

In post 335, Empking wrote:
In post 334, Elyse wrote:
In post 318, Empking wrote:
In post 317, killerjester wrote:Who were the scum on the Anti wagon?

SEL

I've actually thinking EP was scum for a while, but that was just based on role speculation (we're due for a temp-Hatred to be scum.)

Do you think Soren, LR, and I are all scum? Or just one? Or two?

@Soren
Why did you include Aris if you don't have a read on him?
Why would LR's wordiness affect your read on him if you two have played together? Is he not usually wordy?

I would also like you to point out the 20% of Boo's scummy actions, as well as my fluff and iffy posts.

I don't think you are scum, I think EP is scum.

What's the EP scum read?

You quoted it (318)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:07 am

Post by DarkLightA »

@Killerjester, I agree, that's a good point @.

I'm going to make a reads list, largely for myself, just to get my thoughts in order.

LucianRoy - I have a good feeling about this guy. His play seems consistent and honest. His reluctance to give more information on the softclaim goes well with and , which I like. However, I still don't understand what motive he would have to softclaim anything as opposed to breadcrumbing. I can't see that coming from scum, but I can't understand what kind of plan town would have with it either. His playstyle seems relatively consistent with his only completed game on the site where he played doctor. His playstyle was a bit more playful at the start, and metas based on one game don't count for shit, but I feel comfortable reading him town.

Aristophanes - is bad. Of course people being connected is scummy. I don't have an opinion on Lucian's argument, but I don't like Aristophanes' response. "Plus, how often have you played a game where in D1 you can see obvious scum links and actually had them hold true?" () is further shit. He then says "I'm talking in circles I think, and this isn't really helping the game, so I'll stop." and then promptly continues the same thread in the same post. Wants to appear to act town, but doesn't act town. My argument in and I think it's very valid. Scum.

This is taking longer than I expected so I'll stop here with this pathetically short list and go to bed. I'll continue my readlist soon enough.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:24 am

Post by LucianRoy »

My first game onsite. Drixx + Copper + Deathfisaro. Walls and walls and walls of text. Lol.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 487, Aristophanes wrote:Shit, I haven't posted yet today...
I'll do that right soon.

How long is soon?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Marquis »

ika
    and
    Not_Mafia
    have not posted in over 48 hours, and are being prodded.

link in bio
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by ika »

why did i go in this game again? i forgot i repalced in
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Sup
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by ika »

not much you?
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum