sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:17 am

Post by sthar8 »

It's Easter and I'm hanging out with the kids today instead of y'all.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 398, DeltaWave wrote:So basically you're going to fall back on that typo and then double-down on the whole "you've done nothing" reasoning. Of course you're not going after sthar who has 8 posts or Micc who has 10.

Your response makes no sense and looks like scum backtracking to cover an error. I think you tried to paint me in a nasty light and did it poorly.

There is the fact is you still refuse to acknowledge that I had reads when you said I made them up.

You have done very little in this game other than wrongly accuse me of scum so yeah I'm going to be a little more sensitive to that than people like Micc or sthar who, even though they haven't posted very much, at least appear to rationally be reading this game. Micc and sthar also haven't done the first two paragraphs so I'm not really sure why you think I should scumread them for only doing one of the things I'm suspicious of you for.

If you want the last word, go ahead. There's nothing left for me to argue with you so I'm going to do my best to nip this conversation in the bud before it become too verbose.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:50 am

Post by pieguyn »

/prodded while LA

the good news is I'm back today so I should be able to catch up later \o/
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:25 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Obligitory Happy Easter Bunny day. Not been about today, this is my only post as its already close to midnight here in the UK and I am going to bed to catch up on Arrow and Flash.

I will reply to this

In post 381, Thor665 wrote:It's a few little things, really, but the concise description would be; overaware RVS, paired with lack of hunting, paired with sudden push on whom I perceive as the weakest player available to push in the game, paired with no actual argument for that case beyond playstyle, paired with the token thing.

This is almost as bad as Fenchurch post I pointed out. Either I am lacking in hunting or pushing?

I am going after my scum reads, and who I think is scum. Not who I think is weakest. The token thing was decided by the team. Not overly bothered either way. If you will read back my reasons for voting boon are more than just playstyle.

What exactly was 'over aware RVS'
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Reread of thor's ISO complete. Townread on thor. Looks like I misread thor's intentions yesterday; I was looking at that quote out of context, and thought that thor was trying to get us to ignore STD and focus on jason's lynch. In context, that doesn't look like what he meant. (I blame sleep deprivation for this one; I'd had a rough night.)

So now I'm back to jason.

In post 390, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 388, Trojan Horse wrote:Is that 5?

UNVOTE: jason

This is only an unvote to avoid a quicklynch. I'm still eyeing jason.

Why unvote? 7 votes are needed to lynch, L-2 doesn't seem that risky to me (even Boon can't lol-hammer by himself). At some point we do need a lynch, and preferably with a claim first. I'd rather we don't wait a week until deadline for that to happen.

I've seen some crazy things happen at L-2. I don't want to risk a lynch without a claim. Call me overly cautious, if you want.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 280, Save The Dragons wrote:Good luck with that

here's my readslist

god S tier scum:
Save The Dragons [Sickeningly Sweet]

scum:
Thor665 [Gestalt]
Trojan Horse [The Captains]

unknown/want to think more about currently:
Deltawave [TBD]
Boonskiies [TEAM WITH NO NAME]
jasonT1981 [The Kliq]
Malakittens [The Unviggable Vegetables]

town:
Fenchurch [God Save the Black Goo]
Pieguyn [Indecisive]
sthar8 [Marshmallow Pillow Fort]
Egg [Peruvian Flute Band]
Micc [The Athenians]
SleepyKrew [The Cockettes]

Emphasis mine. Obviously a bad joke, and not a scumslip, right?

Right?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

oh
my
god
To be clear: quack
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 280, Save The Dragons wrote:Good luck with that

here's my readslist

god S tier scum:
Save The Dragons [Sickeningly Sweet]

scum:
Thor665 [Gestalt]
Trojan Horse [The Captains]

unknown/want to think more about currently:
Deltawave [TBD]
Boonskiies [TEAM WITH NO NAME]
jasonT1981 [The Kliq]
Malakittens [The Unviggable Vegetables]

town:
Fenchurch [God Save the Black Goo]
Pieguyn [Indecisive]
sthar8 [Marshmallow Pillow Fort]
Egg [Peruvian Flute Band]
Micc [The Athenians]
SleepyKrew [The Cockettes]

this is actually far too many townreads...
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:This is almost as bad as Fenchurch post I pointed out. Either I am lacking in hunting or pushing?

Sure?
Not sure what you're saying, really.

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:I am going after my scum reads, and who I think is scum. Not who I think is weakest.[/qote]
Question: who do you think is the weakest player here and why?

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:The token thing was decided by the team. Not overly bothered either way.

Refusing to discuss it tends to strongly suggest that at least one of you went scum though.

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:If you will read back my reasons for voting boon are more than just playstyle.

Like which?

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:What exactly was 'over aware RVS'

What I voted you for initially - the unvote and immediate reactions thereafter.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:This is almost as bad as Fenchurch post I pointed out. Either I am lacking in hunting or pushing?

Sure?

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:I am going after my scum reads, and who I think is scum. Not who I think is weakest.

Question: who do you think is the weakest player here and why?

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:The token thing was decided by the team. Not overly bothered either way.

Refusing to discuss it tends to strongly suggest that at least one of you went scum though.

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:If you will read back my reasons for voting boon are more than just playstyle.

Like which?

In post 403, jasonT1981 wrote:What exactly was 'over aware RVS'

What I voted you for initially - the unvote and immediate reactions thereafter.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:22 pm

In post 405, Trojan Horse wrote:Emphasis mine. Obviously a bad joke, and not a scumslip, right?

Right?

Are you for serious?

In post 407, Boonskiies wrote:this is actually far too many townreads...

Are you for serious?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Yes. it's page 12. How are you possibly town reading all of those?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 411, Boonskiies wrote:Yes. it's page 12. How are you possibly town reading all of those?

how is this any different from me having 4 town reads on page 5?

(I'm almost caught up, but saw this in the interim.)
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 412, pieguyn wrote:
In post 411, Boonskiies wrote:Yes. it's page 12. How are you possibly town reading all of those?

how is this any different from me having 4 town reads on page 5?

(I'm almost caught up, but saw this in the interim.)

you said maybe, implying that you are impressionable still, which you should be by that time.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also the fact he went out of his way to make an unknown list.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:44 pm

In post 262, Boonskiies wrote:Keep in mind, these are page 11 reads! Don't go over exaggerating everything like you all have been. I'll give you 6.

Pieguyn
- town, as explained earlier.
sthar8
- I like his thought process in this game; he's been coming off very genuine to me. I believe him to be town.
Egg
- aye...most of the games I've been in with Egg, i've seen him as instantly town. Granted it's page 11, but I'm not feeling that. lean scum.
Trojan Horse
- i think this guy is ignorant as hell. But when I see ignorance and I'm not town reading someone, usually means they're scum. I feel like he's just waiting around waiting for people to act scummy so he can mislynch them. scum.
jasonT1981
- my team told me that he's probably town. So I'm going to start seeing things as if they're coming from TownJason.
Malakittens
- My team told me you were town. But I felt that anyways. I liked your 188, and you've kind of been helping me stay on track, and not be all flail townie-easy mislynch. People could argue that you could be WK'ing me, especially since I believe this is our first game together since the Titus meet? yes. Your reactions come off genuine.

You're town reading 4 people here.

So 2 extra's bad?

Does townread not mean "I think these people are town?"

Do any of those reads look off to you or just the number of reads?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:46 pm

In post 414, Boonskiies wrote:Also the fact he went out of his way to make an unknown list.

Tbh it was in response to this:

In post 277, DeltaWave wrote:STD, what do you think of my other reads?

I just never got around to comparing it. I made the list the day before (around the time I voted Thor, iirc) but decided to keep it in my team thread rather than post it out here so I could get some feedback on it.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 410, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 405, Trojan Horse wrote:Emphasis mine. Obviously a bad joke, and not a scumslip, right?

Right?

Are you for serious?

Not especially, but I'm sure I would've been lynched on the spot if I had done that...

In post 410, Save The Dragons wrote:

Are you for serious?

I'm with STD on this one.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 409, Thor665 wrote:What I voted you for initially - the unvote and immediate reactions thereafter.

I'll reply to the rest in the morning, but I actually didn't react at all to your vote or the reactions to it, I went about my business looking scum IMO. So I am curious to what you mean
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In fact, I didn't even react at all to it in my posting after.. this was my first post after the wagon formed http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p6724186

I assume you are talking about my reactions? correct me if I am wrong, its 1am lol.

In post 409, Thor665 wrote:Question: who do you think is the weakest player here and why?

Since I have been unable to shake the wagon, or get anyone to agree with my reads, I would say me
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 409, Thor665 wrote:Sure?

well, one second you say I am lacking in scum hunting, the next I am pushing... which is it?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by pieguyn »

OK

first off, the jason wagon is fucking terrible. I'm reading his recent posts as strong town. everything about them. from the way he's interacting with his scum reads, to the way he's getting pissed off at people pushing him without adequately backing it up, to the conviction in his pushes (notably Boon). I don't particularly agree with all of his conclusions, but all of what he's doing makes sense to me.

I think that a lot of the reasons he is being scum read in this game are either flat-out nonexistent (there are several votes that are either sheeping or just placeholder votes), or could be attributed to playstyle. there is a bit more to this - for example, the last time I played with him my hydra partner had meta'd him and came to the conclusion that strong posts are a part of his town meta - and I think that a lot of my reasons for scum reading him before could also be easily enough explained via playstyle.

I think that a large number of people who are active proponents of this wagon (THOR), or softly pushing/encouraging it from the sidelines without committing to a firm stance on jason either way (Mala, DW, sthar, maybe Micc/SK) are likely scum.

I have notsci telling me that this is Mala's town game. I still don't see it, but that's good enough for me to want her off the table for now.

I have mixed feelings about DW. the logic behind the STD read makes sense, even though I disagree with the conclusion. however, I thought his catchup wall looked more like he was just coming up with things to comment on as opposed to believing what he was saying - there are a few things that specifically made me think this, namely him saying he supports jason's pressure of me when jason had explicitly said he wasn't actually pressuring me and was just confused as to the meaning of my post.

I think in general, most of sthar's pushes have been rather weak. it feels like he's kind of poking at people here and there, but not actually doing anything that has town motivation. the push on Egg in particular came off forced and more like he was attempting to create noise in order to distract - namely the last line in which feels more like an overjustification and not like something a town player would think.

I don't like anything Thor is doing. I'm not seeing a town thought process in his posts. I'm seeing him posting a bunch of stuff directed to STD/jason, but I don't get the impression he's making any effort to game solve with any of it. there is no proactive effort here to divine the alignment or form a read on whoever he's pushing, and there's no effort here to go out of his way to form reads or convince anyone else to see his POV on either of his scum reads. it feels more like he feels that he's expected to "respond" to his "scum reads", so that's where the majority of his focus while he is here lies. the way he's responding to people here feels almost robotic, really. I also think the jason push is rather shallow and not indicative of what jason is doing - he calls him out for a lack of scum hunting, without explaining why, specifically, he thinks this, and despite the fact that there is a fair amount of scum hunting in jason's ISO.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

no, its not.. as it narrows down who they think is scum.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'm going back now and responding to individual posts directed to me I skipped over/elaborating on these reads in more detail. for now:

VOTE: THOR

if anyone wants to know anything specific, ask.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:05 pm

VOTE: Thor