Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 548, DarkLightA wrote:
Essentially my town-read was based on a lack of scum tells. There wasn't anything in particular that screamed town, it was more based on the lack of anything screaming scum.

Shouldn't he be a null read, then? He hasn't done anything townie, he hasn't done anything scummy...that equals null, right?

I can get on board this Otolia wagon.

VOTE: Otolia
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 550, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Shouldn't he be a null read, then? He hasn't done anything townie, he hasn't done anything scummy...that equals null, right?

I usually work with more of an innocent-unless-proven-guilty strategy.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:22 pm

DLA, you said you agreed with Alch that MD and Marcrell needed to be sorted toDay and you proceeded to vote for Otolia.

Why is that?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:29 pm

To clarify, how does voting Otolia help you to sort Marcrell and MD?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

It doesn't.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 pm

So how do you plan on sorting MD and Marcrell?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mod, I am not voting anyone yet.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:59 pm

meh, lets remedy that though.

vote mnemonicdevice
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:00 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 555, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:So how do you plan on sorting MD and Marcrell?

It would be based on iso.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:00 am

OK, you should go do that.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 549, DarkLightA wrote:This post by Otolia is mindblowing:
Spoiler: Otolia
In post 505, Otolia wrote:
In post 504, Collatz wrote:
In post 502, Randomnamechange wrote:You might be right ehoever daid collatz wasnt scummy. I just remembered that he reminds me of kelbris who ends up in similar situations.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: otolia
This here is pretty a pretty weak reason to change a vote, especially considering how much he believes I am scum.

You're not in my top 2 (Randommidget & BBT). When I voted you in D1 shortly before I did a re-read as an incentive to keep your promises to town. Considering there isn't a lot of people who can say that this game, it shouldn't worry you that much.
So why do you feel like I'm persecuting you ?

In post 501, Randomnamechange wrote:You might be right ehoever daid collatz wasnt scummy. I just remembered that he reminds me of kelbris who ends up in similar situations.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: otolia

Any reasoning behind your vote or did you just realize that because everyone is listing me as scum, I would potentially be an easy for a lowlife like you ?

[truncated]

Otolia appears to be responding to the same post twice in two separate quotes(?) and also calls RandomMidget a "lowlife". Ad hominems don't help a case.

In post 505, Otolia wrote:BBT, why did you start posting like RedCoyote ? I prefered when you were obnoxious and couldn't keep your words. At least that was easy to spot.

This is also strange. To my eyes it seems like Otolia is saying (if indirectly) that BBT's playstyle change makes him look less scummy, and labeling that as a negative thing. Has Otolia decided that BBT is scum regardless of future posts?

I'm gonna park my vote here for the time being as no one seems particularly keen on Alchemist yet.

VOTE: Otolia

Woah. I didn't thought you could be this nonsensical DLA. O.O

In your first post, I'm addressing 2 different persons and thus I quote 2 different part of the discussion. Oh and lowlife == scum. There was a misunderstanding that we cleared in #512. So your argument kinda falls flat there.

As for the second part, I already consider BBT scummy. I've posted why numerous times (hint: he contradicts himself all the time) but nobody seems interested in seeing him as anything but town. And yes when a change of playstyle of someone I consider scum makes him look less scummy to everyone else, then it's a bad thing obviously.

Is that all you can do DLA ? Because that's a very poor post you made. Seems like you're still riding your town-cred from D1. Where is the aggressiveness you displayed when you attacked me on D1 ? It seems to me it was all for show.

VOTE: DarkLightA
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:26 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 560, Otolia wrote:
In your first post, I'm addressing 2 different persons and thus I quote 2 different part of the discussion. Oh and lowlife == scum. There was a misunderstanding that we cleared in #512. So your argument kinda falls flat there.

Fair enough. I realize I misinterpreted your quoting.

In post 560, Otolia wrote:As for the second part, I already consider BBT scummy. I've posted why numerous times (hint: he contradicts himself all the time) but nobody seems interested in seeing him as anything but town. And yes when a change of playstyle of someone I consider scum makes him look less scummy to everyone else, then it's a bad thing obviously.

That's scummy. You're not willing to change your opinion.

In post 560, Otolia wrote:Is that all you can do DLA ? Because that's a very poor post you made. Seems like you're still riding your town-cred from D1. Where is the aggressiveness you displayed when you attacked me on D1 ? It seems to me it was all for show.

VOTE: DarkLightA

But this is brilliant, as it's even more scummy than anything I quoted. You're back to this boxing game attitude of yours. If I'm not completely mistaken, I'm not your top scumread. You transfer your vote to me because... I made some arguments about you? You're not supporting a wagon as no one else is voting me. Is it just to discredit my argument? You're not even making a case against me, you're simply responding to my points and using that as justification to vote me.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:45 am

Post by Otolia »

Your points were so bad it warranted a change of vote. You were AGAIN trying so hard to find things to say. Just like you did against Collatz at the beginning of the game. But what's even more interesting is how you changed your attitude. By your own words, I'm consistent with myself. You aren't. That's a big issue.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:48 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 562, Otolia wrote:By your own words, I'm consistent with myself. You aren't. That's a big issue.

Is this in response to my changing views?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 am

- What does being the 3rd person to comment on it have to do with it, DLA? The reason Collatz might be trying to use the noobie card is because it's good reasoning to cover any potential slips/bad play.

Right now, I'm not really interested in pursuing Collatz as I believe he is very likely town. This is just a note so that it's in my ISO.

- RC, how does this information effect your read on Otolia given this;
In post 438, RedCoyote wrote:
Otolia's argument against randomidget is not where I think he would have or should've went as scum. You had just very vocally come down against that wagon and there were other directions I think scumOtolia could've went that would've offered less resistance. As it turns out, random is digging himself into a bit of a hole and his wagon is actually garnering continued support (which I am a bit surprised with, actually), but I think that at the time that Otolia went after him, that was not necessarily the most logical direction the wagon was going.

All of this said, I so much agree with your and Otolia's push over the dayvig thing looks really sketchy. I don't think that's a lost in translation error either.

Eh... BBT, who do you think would join us on a theoretical Otolia wagon?

Was what you originally said and we now have a Otolia wagon up and running.

- Otolia, you state your top two scum-reads are Random and myself and then proceed to vote DLA as soon as he attacks you? You're obviously very defensive and I'm finding it difficult to determine whether it's scummy or whether you're just defensive in general regardless of alignment.

What are you waiting for from Marcrell?

Do you have an opinion on MD vs BBT instead of making a filler comment?

Who is in a weird vote crossfire?

How am I posting like RC?

- CKD, I dislike the first part of this post immensely. Why is Otolia vs myself strictly TvT or SvS, why is it not TvS? What are the differences that enable you to rule out one set of alignments?

- RC, this post feels disingenuous. I don't like it. It's a 'try-hard' post to 'look town.'

- Do you have an opinion on MD instead of making a generic comment that tells us nothing?

What was the 'find criticism' comment in relation to?

- Otolia really trying to deflect away from Marcrell here. If Otolia is scum, Marcrell is very likely scum as well.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:06 am

In post 561, DarkLightA wrote: If I'm not completely mistaken, I'm not your top scumread. You transfer your vote to me because... I made some arguments about you? You're not supporting a wagon as no one else is voting me. Is it just to discredit my argument? You're not even making a case against me, you're simply responding to my points and using that as justification to vote me.

he is the leading wagon, as scum, wouldnt it make more sense to join an already established wagon to try to save himself?

also, my last vote, I didnt make (post) a case. I just voted. does that make me scummy?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:20 am

In post 564, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

- CKD, I dislike the first part of this post immensely. Why is Otolia vs myself strictly TvT or SvS, why is it not TvS? What are the differences that enable you to rule out one set of alignments?

gut..experience(?). Dont know. Just a feeling. I feel like you guys are on the same side (most likely town). That being said, there is a lot of fluffy back and forth between you two that very well could be theater....a very slight hint of not being genuine...or maybe it is being non committal. here is an example. I attack mnomic in post 529. you vote him in 531. Lucky(town) votes Ot in 536, Dark votes Ot in 549, after appearing to get no traction, you vote Ot in 550..........................................

I was going to say, you didnt seem like you were really interested in a OT wagon, until it got going (ie not really feeling what you were preaching). But now, that I have gone back to look at the recent votes, it looks more like you are opportunistic. LOL. Okay, maybe you have changed my mind...it could be SvT.

this is why I dont think about my gut instincts anymore. As soon as I do, I start thinking something else. then when all the cards are shown, I am left saying "Fuck, if I only listened to my gut".

bottom line. I dont like the Ot wagon nor do I feel like you should be a lynch candidate today.

EDIT: this post is the very definition of flip floppy. Feel free to use this in a "CKD is scum" post.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:24 am

- Otolia really trying to deflect away from Marcrell here. If Otolia is scum, Marcrell is very likely scum as well.

I dont see this. I read this as Ot questioning why RC has only focused on Marcell. If Ot and Marcell are scum together, this was a horrible post linking them together.

BBT, is there a chance you got a bit of the tunnel vision?

also, is this post "deflecting" from away from Ot?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:27 am

In post 523, curiouskarmadog wrote:here is a preview.

vote Alchemist21

vote mnemonicdevice
vote Marcrell
vote DarkLightA

I think these slots need pressure today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:31 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 564, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - What does being the 3rd person to comment on it have to do with it, DLA? The reason Collatz might be trying to use the noobie card is because it's good reasoning to cover any potential slips/bad play.

I always find it suspicious when people jump on a case acting without regarding previous arguments on the case. But it doesn't really matter. You're town.

In post 564, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Otolia really trying to deflect away from Marcrell here. If Otolia is scum, Marcrell is very likely scum as well.

Fair point.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:32 am

EDITED.

In post 568, curiouskarmadog wrote:

vote Alchemist21

vote mnemonicdevice
vote Marcrell
vote DarkLightA

NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:33 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 565, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 561, DarkLightA wrote: If I'm not completely mistaken, I'm not your top scumread. You transfer your vote to me because... I made some arguments about you? You're not supporting a wagon as no one else is voting me. Is it just to discredit my argument? You're not even making a case against me, you're simply responding to my points and using that as justification to vote me.

he is the leading wagon, as scum, wouldnt it make more sense to join an already established wagon to try to save himself?

also, my last vote, I didnt make (post) a case. I just voted. does that make me scummy?

Yes, that's essentially what I'm saying. His vote on me would be more sensible if I were a wagon. Now it just looks like pure OMGUS to what he likes to call the "DLA vs Otolia" case. He feels the need to fight fire with fire, which seems suspicious to me.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:34 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 570, curiouskarmadog wrote:EDITED.

In post 568, curiouskarmadog wrote:

vote Alchemist21

vote mnemonicdevice
vote Marcrell
vote DarkLightA

Neat! Why the change?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:35 am

DLA, question of shits and giggles.

if you took Marcel out of the picture, tell me what RC has done in the game?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:37 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 567, curiouskarmadog wrote:

I dont see this. I read this as Ot questioning why RC has only focused on Marcell. If Ot and Marcell are scum together, this was a horrible post linking them together.

BBT, is there a chance you got a bit of the tunnel vision?

also, is this post "deflecting" from away from Ot?

Upon review I agree with this.
What confuses me more is why Otolia is criticizing RC for sticking to reads and criticizing myself for changing my reads.

Return to “Completed Open Games”