Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I guess I misunderstood your previous post, because it kind of seemed to be making the opposite argument?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by singersigner »

I'm not very good at sarcasm. :(
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1515, TellTaleHeart wrote:Marquis, Anti wants me to let you know that you just chewed up your townread, spat it out, lit it on fire, squeezed a bottle of horseradish on it, pissed on it, then took a big runny shit on it.

I'm not sure if it's in that order or not. Should I ask for clarification?

This is the only thing that sounds vaguely town from this slot.

I'll post my issues with this slot tomorrow.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1520, TellTaleHeart wrote:
My "would vote" list would follow: Shadoweh, Espeonage, and UT. Anti thinks Marquis should be on there. I'll
tie down and coerce
ask very sweetly for Anti to look at Empire because I'm struggling with that one, but I can see the stuff coming from Regfan as genuine.

What stuff came from regfan that you found genuine?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1876, singersigner wrote:I'm not very good at sarcasm. :(

gotta use dat /s tag

and your argument is weak, but I can see the position it's coming from, and it's one of not understanding how to play a strong scum game.

calling the CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN scummy and acting like "lol I forgot" as scum is cheeky as fuck and has no real upside. That's shitty and cute scumplay you're accusing me of. Have some goddamn respect.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

What someone said the word cheeky im here what's going on
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1872, singersigner wrote:Um...

@UT...when you said you forgot that Ffery was confirmed town, does that strike you as something one alignment would do over the other, or just a generic mistake? I'm going to explain my thoughts on that lest someone mistakes that for a trick question...

As town, my priorities are finding scum; however, in the absence of an ability to do so, town hunting could be considered equally important. In this particular instance, with the locked thread, the public mistake, the missed hours of game time...all kind of flashing red lights to what's going on, don't you think? Because of this, I have a
seriously
hard time believing it was just an oversight.

So let me explain why I think this is more likely to come from scum...

AS SCUM, you're trying to trick the town, or throw shit around, or blend in, or make enough noise that people get distracted, or whatever scum-playing tactic one might have, right? It's my theory that a scumUT was more concentrated on trying to pressure/find little indescrepencies with one of the most recent posts (probably didn't matter who the poster was) that could potentially thrust someone else into negative limelight.

His priority didn't read as "is this person scum" it reads "is this person scummy."

Preview Edit:
lol, it's k, yeah that was directed at Aronis, and should've said "so was" not "so what" but I digress...

Singer, you act like ut was paying attention all that time, based on his lack of activity he could have easily never looked at the thread during that time. I for one didn't see it in thread, but in the team mafia main thread a while after it had occured. And how exactly is it alignment indicative? I highly doubt he could trick 18 people into forgetting fferys status. While UT hasn't been the most helpful player, I feel like you're pushingnsomething that isn't there right how.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

back in the cage gamma

I'll call you when I'm ready to POSSE UP
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

The only cage im going in is a drunk cage

punk
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1638, fferyllt wrote:Mastin, usually you and I don't do a lot of direct interaction in games.i

I think the rest of this game day could benefit by being an exception.

I'm not sure how to go about thisl, but I'm going to start with a revised reads list sometime tomorrow.

are you guys reading mastin as town?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1663, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1657, vezokpiraka wrote:No it isn't. Do you think tth is a doc? That really wants to protect tammy?

When did Tammy come into the equation here? o_O

Also, answer your own question.

I'm usually on most people's minds. Eventually most people get called Tammy.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1883, Gammagooey wrote:The only cage im going in is a drunk cage

punk

Maybe we can be in together so I can firm up on you in a few days...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I smell a townblocccccccccccccccc
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1887, Untrod Tripod wrote:I smell a townblocccccccccccccccc

Who are you smelling? I don't feel good about Gamma (see our prior interactions) but if everyone else feels good, I could let it go for now...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by Titus »

Mine's kinda far out btw so I doubt you'd go for it UT...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

No titus

You and your actually horrifying number of posts have to feel my Toshiba's yourself

You must belieeeeve in my towninesa for it to become your guiding force in the game

Also autocorrect actually made this post better so im leaving it in
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Tammy »

My apologies for how disjointed this is. I've kept up here and there on my phone and these are things I made mental notes to respond to. Hopefully tomorrow I can make it make sense in full. Probably not going to stay awake much longer because I can feel myself drifting...even though I got plenty of sleep last night and took a nap this afternoon. I just want to whine about how exhausted I am for absolutely no reason. :/

In post 1702, Espeonage wrote:
In post 1698, Cheetory6 wrote:
Espeonage wrote:2. I actually spent token(s) on making myself town because I want to win TM.
3. The only time I don't choose scum when given a choice is when I really want to win or need to do it to eradicate choice meta. Both of those need me to be town.
Are you better at town than scum? Can you talk more about the reasoning behind why you spent tokens on being town?
Yeah, I have a well reputed history of having a super accurate gut and a super terribad scumgame. I'm only good as scum if I can get theatre going.

I wanted to be town here so I have a better chance of winning, fairly simple.

Why did you spend your first ten posts chiding Titus instead of scumhunting?
Because I hadn't read. If I'm behind in games I will usually get in an argument with someone. It's the best way to get people chatting, good for getting fast reads. See Capcom for me trying to do the same kind of thing. Other examples are [REDACTED]

I keep telling myself to fight against doing anything more than nullreading his ridiculous "I should get baned posts" because I don't see any reason why scum wouldn't be aiming to try and tryhard an "I am way too ignorant to be scum" persona.
Probs doesn't count for much, but I don't think I'm a NK target. I saw no reason for me to be worried if scum know my sign. They would rather shoot elsewhere I presume and I've already outed myself as a VT.

Espeonage wrote:Also swapping itself is null in the same way replacing due to being swamped is null. If you are under fire and you swap, that seems pretty suspect as it is mechanically different to replacing.
It bugs me that you didn't say this again when people started using this logic against TTH.
If you look just above, I pointed out that I wasn't aware of other reasoning past vezok's thing. That would explain why everyone started the day with voting tbh. Was a bit confused about that.

Espeonage wrote:I think Bulba might be town.

I've never been able to read him but just from a couple of posts and the things people are saying I'm going to go town.
So you can't read him, but you're throwing a townread at him because ???????
Reasons. Yes I have a terrible time trying to read bulba. But I'm noticing some things that haven't come up in his play before and those make me lean town.

Espeonage wrote:I don't actually think I can read Tammy except in cases where she is being very town in her own way which isn't happening here.
How did you start confidently scumreading her later this cycle then?
Thinking

Espeonage wrote:I'm getting more and more happy in my read that you're scum. Truth be told I found myself unapproving of the tth wagon simply because you were on it which took me by surprise tbh. Your tone here doesn't read to me like the frustrated got irl stuff tone as far as I can tell, which is about the only explanation I have for the amount of scumminess I am feeling from your posts. And even if that is the reasoning for your tone it still doesn't mean you're town, it takes it to null, at most. I don't have the most experience with you but I'm going off what I do have. And your responses to people here for the most part aren't looking town.
Can you pull specific examples of that you're finding scummy about her responses/tone?
It's most of it. She usually respects and embraces reachouts in my experience. She even scumread mollie after she didn't react to a reachout from her. There's a disjoint and that usually means scum.

I feel slightly marginally less convinced than I was before that Zar/Empire/singer vs Esp interactions could be scum/scum on reread, but there's enough in here that a vote on Esp is decent enough. Will make a case depending on answers.

Responses in bold.

Why would you have thought you taking town would give town a win? You are pretty accurate usually, except here with me right now, but you are also rather easily mislynched and often have trouble getting people to follow your reads. Why would you think you as town would win team mafia from this game?

Interestingly enough the bane me thing I like for town as my team and I had suggested me offering to be baned. The only issue there is my relatively high night kill percentage there. Even counting the teams here, I'd think I'd be in the front load if not near the top.

Can you do better than that on why you're scum reading me? You're extremely wrong and it's annoying that you keep harping on me, calling wagons bad because I'm on them, when you know damn well I bus if necessary, and generally reading the game around your incorrect read of me. You're also showing that you clearly don't know how to read me because you don't understand me. I do appreciate reach outs; I appreciate them even more as scum. If someone reaches out to me when I'm scum, I eat that shit up because that means I have an in and I don't have to do a whole lot to manipulate and keep that town read alive, just work with them.

I don't know of any reach outs this game. Unless the one you're talking about was when Empire said he'd want to work with me and I said I wouldn't. You're comparing apples and oranges to try to make it fit the mollie situation. I was frustrated with empire and felt insulted. I was mad when he said he would want to work with me, and lashed out in the moment. I can guarantee you that Empire didn't think twice about that except for me being me. Empire and I are RL friends, hydra together when he used to play as well as play together in games. Empire knows that I get snippy when I'm pissed or feel insulted and that after a couple days I'd calm down and we'd figure out a way to work together.

But there are sometimes that I don't think I can work with someone in a game. In Mafia on Air when malakittens or titus reached out after coming after me, I said we wouldn't be able to work together that game. And I've done that before after being needled and frustrated by someone.

It's not about the reach out solely, you also have to look at context. Like I'm pretty frustrating with you and your laser focus on me and constant needling me and tearing down my reads that I probably wouldn't work with you this game if I became confirmed town to you somehow and you stopped thinking everything is wrong with me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Espeonage »

You know as well as I do that I am significantly worse at scum than town.

I'm also not harping on you. I was asked directly about you, so I answered. I've unvoted you, and I gave reasons for why TTH is a lynch I don't agree with past the composition.

That's not what I was talking about but the point is moot now anyway.
Don't @ me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Espe, who should we be lynching?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1715, Espeonage wrote:
In post 1712, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 1709, Espeonage wrote:You were being pretty widely townread, wanted to get us something good.

What did you expect? This makes no sense. What did you think would happen if you detected cheetory?

been over this. I thought something good happened if you guessed correctly and something bad happened if you guessed wrong.

Why did you choose a universal town read to detect if you thought there was a possibility of something bad happening if you misguessed?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by singersigner »

Um ok so my cat walked across my laptop and turned my screen sideways so I'm getting a bit of a head/neckache reading right now but I'll be back when someone tells me how to fix it. I'm on page 32 right now, but I can keep following along with current posts on my phone (just don't want to read 30 pages' worth of posts on it).

Ugh...I'm so annoyed. -_-

Also liked TSO calling out Bulb for his deleted post comment...aaaaand...yeah I think everyone else is kinda up in the air until I keep reading and get a better overall feel of the game. I also missed an entire day of The Good Wife for you guys so...you're welcome.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1718, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 1705, Cheetory6 wrote:Just because of the timing of it and going against the grain of all of the townreads on Tammy sort of dealio? Or something more subtle than that?

his comments regarding tammy's boon feel purposeful and like he's trying to affect the game for the better in a way that I think makes more sense coming from town than scum.

why couldn't it be scum looking busy arguing against a town read who could potentially use the boon to town's advantage?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by Tammy »

lol one time waffles walked across my laptop and turned on the voice activation for the blind I guess? It took me forever to get it back to normal.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Tammy »

crashing, pick this up tomorrow at some point.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Aronis »

Oh cool.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”