Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Can we quit this? Or would you like me to embarrass myself some more for your amusement?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 638, Malakittens wrote:

I lost any capacity to care about anything, but close family/friends since tuesday.

I'd still like you to explain your naked vote and jump though.

I know, and I'm sorry for snapping. I'm starting the drive to the place I'm staying now after having been at work for 12.5 hours. When I get there I'm gonna eat for the first time today, then I'll come explain my vote. I can't do the relevant reading and quoting on mobile and I've been on my feet all day. I felt that I conveyed clearly that I'd be unvoting or explaining later, but I'm sorry if that wasn't the case.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 632, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 624, Malakittens wrote:Again so you have meta on Boon doing what he does this as both alignments, but you are still trying to push a policy lynch via saying he's a liability. I have seen him just hammer people at will AND BE TOWN. I have seen him self-meta AND BE TOWN. So him doing everything above is null.

In then end you are trying to chalk up a null-read as a policy lynch, end of story.

Rubbish. It is not a policy lynch.

The Meta is him
boasting as scum about doing it, he did it as scum in Pokemon, he did it here.

The action of hammering town
is not the meta issue
, its the boasting about doing so is the meta issue. Can you show me examples of him posting 'I hammer town reads' when he is town in a game? If so I will retract my comments on it. But right now, he boasted about it as scum in Pokemon, and has boasted here about it too. It is a match to scum boon unless you can show me otherwise him posting about hammering town reads when he is town (Note - not the action of hammering but the boasting about doing so like he has here and in pokemon)

My comments about him being a liability were because I expected to wake up to be lynched. Can't quite remember now why though I thought I was waking up to noose. IF Boon is town (which I highly doubt) that is someone you do not want around towards end game as he could cost town. That is the point I was making there

Understand now?

Good, I am not going around in circles again on this.

One last time

The meta is him boasting as scum about doing it. NOT the action of doing it as town.

This logic is flawed. It's like saying, oh he's breathing! He breathes when he is asleep! He must be asleep. It's saying that because one thing happens, it automatically makes it the ladder. Just because I am breathing, doesn't mean I can't be awake. I do it as town too. It's not alignment indicative. At all...also, you are in no place to talk about my meta, as if you did, you would obviously know I am a much stronger player late game, making the fact that I am not someone you want around late game moot. If you check my meta, it will prove I am a strong player, and I shine late game. My early game is crap. I really wish my team didn't say that you were probably town, because I feel you are scummy as crap.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

You're refusing to see something from the other side.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 637, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 556, SleepyKrew wrote:What was that about a double standard wrt me?

stharry

In post 594, sthar8 wrote:There was the active lurking note on me, and I remember someone else getting pushed for 'not doing anything' right now. But you've basically stated that you're not going to contribute today and I don't see you taking any flak for it. I need to dig around and see if activity standards are being unevenly applied and figure out what I think that means if they're not. But I'm tired tonight and I'm working a 12 tomorrow, so it'll be Saturday after I help the boys with homework.

This is the first thing on my to-do list tomorrow after helping with research for a report on public transportation in the 1930s.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh sorry, totally missed that the first time you posted it.
To be clear: quack
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Okay, so, I totally get that thor's ego killed the dinosaurs when he vacationed in Mexico, and he probably has some kind of socialization or empathy issue that often prevents him from understanding when he's being offensive, but still allows him to take offense when someone lashes back. That's all personality and not alignment related.

But there is a huge disconnect between
In post 499, Thor665 wrote:Players are dumb and play badly without it affecting their alignment.

and
In post 516, Thor665 wrote:I can't get over how derp and scummy that Save The Dragons post is.

"Is Ffrey reading?
Yes.
That's not very convincing!
...bwuh?

Like, what is the magical convincing it's supposed to generate? I didn't claim it supported or attacked anything, but he attacked it anyway after *asking* me to state it.
I don't think he's reading, I think he's just attacking.

And after STD made it clear how upset he was, Thor keeps calling him bad
in every post
. That's beyond the realm of incidental misunderstanding and well into the world of intentional. Thor wants STD upset and off balance... why? He's pulling fuel for his case out of STD's anger, but he agrees with me that being upset is a null tell.

If thor is town, then why does he need STD upset?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

UNVOTE:
I really need to read this fucking game.
Like, there's a very real chance that jason is just being
bad
. And his teammates are letting him get away with it.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.12:

jasonT1981 (3)-
Thor665, Fenchurch, Trojan Horse
Thor665 (3)-
pieguyn, Save The Dragons, sthar8
Boonskiies (2)-
jasonT1981, Egg,
Save the Dragons (1)-
DeltaWave
Trojan Horse (1)-
Boonskiies
Fenchurch (1)-
Malakittens

Not Voting (2)-
Micc, SleepyKrew,

The deadline is at 6pm on Tuesday 14th April 2015. Four days! With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Malakittens is v/la indefinitely
Egg is v/la until the 12th April.
Fenchurch is semi-v/la until 18th April.

I am going to the UK Meet today for 24 hours-ish so the next votecount probably won't be until tomorrow evening. Sorry guys.
Trans rights are human rights.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 626, Malakittens wrote:okay the major thing that Iec didn't like about Fenchurch was the talking about dice-rolling etc in regards to STD. He felt that it didn't really have her sorting out his alignment by questioning on it nor did it really contribute much to the question at hand.

~My read~

I'm also not really feeling the Fenchurch that I saw in wicked either. I don't remember her really posting readslists like she's doing here with nothing of substance to back it up. Like besides a select few people that she's had to explain her reads on I don't know how she's gaining these reads. They aren't transparent.

I'm also not sure I agree with the major sticky vote that she has been doing with Jason. I understand that she has a scumread on Jason and where it stems from, but it seems like she's trying to use things from past game team-mafia as leverage to get 'rid' of Jason.

I have my own niggles of Jason, but these reasons why she has a scumread on Jason feels more safe. I think Fench is playing a safe game to the point she has the game at arm's length.

I just personally don't like her posts at this point.

I think you might be comparing my Day 1 play here to my later-game play in Wicked. I'd say my Day 1 here is pretty standard for me. I have some reads but not all of them are strong, and most are gut-based. I always post my reads lists, so at the very least people can compare mine to their own, and I've explained them, especially when asked, in as much depth as I have. Do you have stronger reads or reasons than mine? Do you disagree with the points I've made more than with anyone else?

Iec's point seems really minor and I don't have much more to say about that which I didn't already - I thought the response could have been alignment-indicative but I wasn't looking for anything I particular. I'd be curious to know if he has updated that read, or is still following the game.

Someone asked about my pie-town read. I find her thoughts clearly laid out and easy to follow, and they are ones that seem to come from a town mindset to me, and I think this is difficult to fake as scum.

I still find STD town, I think his exasperation at the attacks on him seems genuine (and maybe this is in part because I don't see the attacks on him as especially valid).
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:17 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 650, Save The Dragons wrote:Can we quit this? Or would you like me to embarrass myself some more for your amusement?

I'm moving on from you right now.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 659, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 626, Malakittens wrote:okay the major thing that Iec didn't like about Fenchurch was the talking about dice-rolling etc in regards to STD. He felt that it didn't really have her sorting out his alignment by questioning on it nor did it really contribute much to the question at hand.

~My read~

I'm also not really feeling the Fenchurch that I saw in wicked either. I don't remember her really posting readslists like she's doing here with nothing of substance to back it up. Like besides a select few people that she's had to explain her reads on I don't know how she's gaining these reads. They aren't transparent.

I'm also not sure I agree with the major sticky vote that she has been doing with Jason. I understand that she has a scumread on Jason and where it stems from, but it seems like she's trying to use things from past game team-mafia as leverage to get 'rid' of Jason.

I have my own niggles of Jason, but these reasons why she has a scumread on Jason feels more safe. I think Fench is playing a safe game to the point she has the game at arm's length.

I just personally don't like her posts at this point.

I think you might be comparing my Day 1 play here to my later-game play in Wicked. I'd say my Day 1 here is pretty standard for me. I have some reads but not all of them are strong, and most are gut-based. I always post my reads lists, so at the very least people can compare mine to their own, and I've explained them, especially when asked, in as much depth as I have. Do you have stronger reads or reasons than mine? Do you disagree with the points I've made more than with anyone else?

Iec's point seems really minor and I don't have much more to say about that which I didn't already - I thought the response could have been alignment-indicative but I wasn't looking for anything I particular. I'd be curious to know if he has updated that read, or is still following the game.

Someone asked about my pie-town read. I find her thoughts clearly laid out and easy to follow, and they are ones that seem to come from a town mindset to me, and I think this is difficult to fake as scum.

I still find STD town, I think his exasperation at the attacks on him seems genuine (and maybe this is in part because I don't see the attacks on him as especially valid).

I may be. This post of yours is a reminder to take a quick glance to see if I am or im not.
I'm more of a gut reader D1 so it's not really fair to try to compare me to you. We have different playstyles. I disagree with how you came to your SK townread.

I'll ask him again. This game has been on the back burner since ~tuesday~. We really only had some talk about possibly replacing me if I wasn't able to get my footing back into the game.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

Pie I know you have mentioned that Notty is reading this game, but how much has Mara and Mastin read? Whats their take on things?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Boon - you can claim all the BS you want, the fact is, you boasted about it (hammering town reads) as scum in Pokemon, and you've boasted about it here. The Meta matches, you're scum. Regardless of how you spin it. Despite asking, you have yet to show me a town game where you boast about hammering your town reads.

Reluctantly though, you will not be the lynch today. And that pains me.

I have been on the fence about Thor, I tried to see his actions as 'too loud to be scum' but the truth is, he is a cheerleader, trying to get lynches and out roles (in his own words) without doing the work. He is quite happy to sit back and get a lynch without considering other options. He should be the lynch today. He only wants to serve as a distraction to town with his attitude towards others.

All 3 of my team agree the vote is wasted on Boon today and think it should go on Thor, I am sure he is scum (Boon). But that won't sail today. With only a few days to deadline I will move to the cheerleader who wants to out roles. Thor today, and I will push for Boon tomorrow. 2 lynches, 2 scum.

vote:Thor

Back to my bed I go.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

I'd be happy with a Boon lynch. Jason, your case against thor is incomprehensible to me.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Egg »

Unvote, Vote Jason

I'm not caught up but saw that deadline is coming and prefer a Jason lynch to a Thor lynch
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh shit deadline is soon.
Hey pieguy, you ever find ask Mara about the reading you on the forum thing? Think you could paraphrase me a case by her on why I should believe you're town?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Alright, Jason 's case continues to be an exact copy of the case people make when they're demonstrating how to make the shittiest meta case ever. Plus, yknow, the goalpost moving. Back to
VOTE: jason
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Oh look at the oh shit deadline posts...lets jump on. Including one, not fully caught up in the game so go with the easy lynch lol.

Well done Thor, you've outted a role as I said you wanted to do. (which you then admitted to)

I am a town power role, a protective role at that.

I am a town bodyguard.

Now, lets see if this forces those on my wagon who have sat there easily all day, do something. Instead of cheering on the sidelines like has been pointed out.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Hmmmmm
Yeah I think I'm fine keeping my vote there.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I also want to note... the last 2 people on my wagon.
HAVE NOT EVEN READ THE GAME FULLY

In post 665, Egg wrote:
Unvote, Vote Jason

I'm not caught up
but saw that deadline is coming and prefer a Jason lynch to a Thor lynch

In post 657, SleepyKrew wrote:UNVOTE:
I really need to read this fucking game.

Like, there's a very real chance that jason is just being
bad
. And his teammates are letting him get away with it.

Any reason why you both, without reading the game fully, and not being caught up.. are willing to force through a lynch for the sake of it being close to deadline and not knowing what to do because... like said.. neither of you are caught up.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Don't engage him. Don't engage him. Do not engage him. Do. Not. Engage.
ugh self-control is hard
I promise to try to make this be my only post about not engaging jason before his bloody bloody neck death
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Not buying it, Jason. Hammer time...
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

You're using meta as a way to validate your read when the exact same meta you are trying to use also would show up if you were arguing if I was fucking town. I don't see how you are completely ignorant to this fact. You are using 1 game as reference. One fucking game. How much shallower and ignorant can you be?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Egg »

Jason, you act like I haven't read anything. I did a full catch up maybe two RL days ago and the thread exploded again. The only thing I've missed is that thread explosion.

Also this is me acknowledging the claim

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”