Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:02 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 697, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, well, this full inspection is taking some time.

I suggest you hurry along.

Are you looking for me to provide a counter case?

In post 698, Otolia wrote:
In post 688, DarkLightA wrote:What makes you think a claim is pointless? What do you define as a fullclaim vs a claim? What if, say, Marcrell is a cop and can provide investigative results? What's "completely pointless" about that?

I thought he was scum ? But no matter, you're the scum here. That above is the proof.

Pre-day-3 vote: Otolia
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Otolia »

Reasoning is not your forte huh ?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:10 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I thought he was scum ? But no matter, you're the scum here. That above is the proof.

Can you explain how the post you quoted points to DLA being scum?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:11 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 700, DarkLightA wrote:
Are you looking for me to provide a counter case?

I'm looking for you to stop stalling.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:22 am

Post by DarkLightA »

As lazy and scummy as it makes me sound, if Otolia is so ready for a hammer that he gave a 4-hour deadline, there's not really much point in me making a case at this point. I have more useful things to do with my time.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 704, DarkLightA wrote:As lazy and scummy as it makes me sound, if Otolia is so ready for a hammer that he gave a 4-hour deadline, there's not really much point in me making a case at this point. I have more useful things to do with my time.

I am ok with this, DLA can have a town cookie from me
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Lucky 674 wrote:we are all waiting for you to be lynched

Now THIS is IC posting. :cool:

---

Otolia 676 wrote:Being a town leader in D1 (vote on Collatz, on me etc) to being more passive. What has changed ?

I can see where you are coming from with this.

---

ckd 678 wrote:I also didnt like the...."I am still the fool, but my wagon disappeared and I am puzzled." I am not sure why you are puzzled or why you would say this.

That sounds like honest to me, and I'll give him props for being vocal about it (although he should know the reason... the md wagon usurped his at the behest of BBT and the Marcrell wagon is usurping that one because Marcrell can't stop acting scum for the life of himself... literally!)

I agree with your other point, but with the caveat that I do not think that's what Otolia was doing. I read it as he simply hadn't really considered the two wagons seriously (he is focused on DLA instead).

That said, your is a good catch and there seems to be a pattern of Otolia tripping over the things he has said in the past (much like Marcrell, imo).

---

BBT 681 wrote:RC, what does a wagon on me not taking off have to do with a wagon on DLA? That's a strange link to make.

I thought the connection was rather obvious. To elaborate, Otolia was coming after you earlier today. When no one joined in his efforts, he floated the idea of a DLA wagon. Both of these are wagons that don't seem to be very popular ones, and it's strange that Otolia would go to such lengths to try and pull attention towards these non-starters. I don't think anyone would be interested in lynching you today outside from Otolia (sans Marcrell, although he has backtracked on this). The DLA wagon is a little more attractive, but I still don't see more than four votes for DLA, tops, based on what people have said so far this game.

BBT 681 wrote:I'm not so sure about Collatz being town anymore. He isn't really doing anything to progress the game and he doesn't seem to be trying to work out people's alignments either.

I sense more disinterest than active lurking in his case. Actually, let me check his sitewide history before I say this... and, yes, his sitewide posting history seems to corroborate that notion. That doesn't excuse him from participating, but I don't think he's necessarily ignoring this game to shirk suspicion either.

---

DLA 682 wrote:Who? Otolia?

:?:

If this is a joke, it went over my head...

---

Otolia 685 wrote:I don't like asking for claim in semi-open unless a fullclaim is coming as it's completely pointless so I won't bother with that. But I'm letting people with more towncred than me decided if they want one - now is your time.

Of course you should ask for a claim... that said, if Marcrell is scum, you'll get townpoints for the hammer and a slap on the wrist for not asking for the claim. If Marcrell flips town, however, you'll be putting yourself in a bad spot come tomorrow (and with good reason).

---

DLA 694 wrote:I haven't looked into him too much yet, unfortunately. I'm wouldn't be overly upset if he were lynched, but I'm a lot more confident in my Otalia-scum read.

Okay, now this I do not like. DLA, you stated unequivocally that you'd be looking into Marcrell several days ago:

DLA 183 wrote:Your case against Marcrell is compelling. I'll look into it later when I have time.

Not much has changed with him since. What I mean by that is, he hasn't done anything to improve his status as a townie that might otherwise mitigate how scummy he looked earlier in the game. If anything, as the wagon is clear evidence of, he's gotten worse overtime. Although I do recall you looking into it and providing feedback, I remember it being mostly positive. So... I'm a little confused as to why you're taken by such surprise and you act as though you haven't put enough thought into the idea of Marcrell scum.

A Marcrell scumflip will definitely cause me to look in DLA's direction going forward.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 702, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

It doesn't matter what marcrell claims.

Let's postulate that he is indeed a town PR. There are 2 roles that are relevant : JK and Cop. Thing is JK is not indicative of alignment, nor is Cop since there may be a Godfather.
Other possibility, he is scum. He claims a PR, we have no way to confirm his claim without a complete fullclaim from everybody.

Since the principal proponent of such a reveal is dead (OH THAT'S CONVENIENT) there is little we can do. Are we going to take what he says at face value despite the fact that we KNOW for sure, it's not going to be useful to town ? Look how convenient it is for DLA to stall if he is scum with marcrell. He votes him so he cannot be accused of being fishy, but still tries to peg me as scum. Saving his buddy much ? Also the mention of cop screams scum-buddy coaching his buddy to a fake-claim. There is no reason to wait for a claim in the present conditions. Doing so only makes the game much harder for town by introducing potential WIFOMs.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 706, RedCoyote wrote:...you'll get townpoints...

careful with this. Only an IC may give out town points without it being suspicious.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 707, Otolia wrote:

Let's postulate that he is indeed a town PR. There are 2 roles that are relevant : JK and Cop. Thing is JK is not indicative of alignment, nor is Cop since there may be a Godfather.
Other possibility, he is scum. He claims a PR, we have no way to confirm his claim without a complete fullclaim from everybody.

Since the principal proponent of such a reveal is dead (OH THAT'S CONVENIENT) there is little we can do. Are we going to take what he says at face value despite the fact that we KNOW for sure, it's not going to be useful to town ? Look how convenient it is for DLA to stall if he is scum with marcrell. He votes him so he cannot be accused of being fishy, but still tries to peg me as scum. Saving his buddy much ? Also the mention of cop screams scum-buddy coaching his buddy to a fake-claim. There is no reason to wait for a claim in the present conditions. Doing so only makes the game much harder for town by introducing potential WIFOMs.

it very much matters what he claims. If he claims cop, we will probably still lynch him anyway cause youre right he could be scum lying. However we will get his results before his flips, so if he DOES flip as a cop WE KNOW WHAT HIS RESULTS WERE.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I really don't see how hard a concept that is to understand.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 709, Lucky2u wrote:

it very much matters what he claims. If he claims cop, we will probably still lynch him anyway cause youre right he could be scum lying. However we will get his results before his flips, so if he DOES flip as a cop WE KNOW WHAT HIS RESULTS WERE.

Never heard of Godfather have you ? There is one in more than 50% of the possible scum-setups. His results may be right or not. IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTERS !
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:54 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Okay seriously can we lynch this ^^
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:57 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 706, RedCoyote wrote:
DLA 682 wrote:Who? Otolia?

:?:

If this is a joke, it went over my head...

The pronoun was ambiguous. I'm guessing he's talking about Marcrell, but the pronoun indicated he was talking about Otolia. I wanted clarification.

In post 706, RedCoyote wrote:
DLA 694 wrote:I haven't looked into him too much yet, unfortunately. I'm wouldn't be overly upset if he were lynched, but I'm a lot more confident in my Otalia-scum read.

Okay, now this I do not like. DLA, you stated unequivocally that you'd be looking into Marcrell several days ago:

DLA 183 wrote:Your case against Marcrell is compelling. I'll look into it later when I have time.

Not much has changed with him since. What I mean by that is, he hasn't done anything to improve his status as a townie that might otherwise mitigate how scummy he looked earlier in the game. If anything, as the wagon is clear evidence of, he's gotten worse overtime. Although I do recall you looking into it and providing feedback, I remember it being mostly positive. So... I'm a little confused as to why you're taken by such surprise and you act as though you haven't put enough thought into the idea of Marcrell scum.

A Marcrell scumflip will definitely cause me to look in DLA's direction going forward.

Nice box.
I agree, I should have looked into it. Frankly, it's just not been high enough on my agenda.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:57 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 708, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 706, RedCoyote wrote:...you'll get townpoints...

careful with this. Only an IC may give out town points without it being suspicious.

^ Town points for this.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:59 am

Post by Lucky2u »

At no point did I say we would write off the possibility of godfather and %100 trust his results even if he flips as a cop. However you are being ridiculous if you think some information doesn't help us. It's Day 2 so he is only going to have ONE result. Let's say it was an innocent on DLA. Then we sure as hell are not lynching DLA for several more days since the likelyhood of there being a godfather (by your own math) is %50 and of him targeting the godfather is 1 out of 11 (since there is never more than one godfather) that means it is a %4.5 chance that his result is wrong. SO STOP RUSHING THE HAMMER YOU DOLT!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Lucky2u »

You know what screw this, rage wagon on Otolia

VOTE: Otolia

who's with me?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 715, Lucky2u wrote:At no point did I say we would write off the possibility of godfather and %100 trust his results even if he flips as a cop. However you are being ridiculous if you think some information doesn't help us. It's Day 2 so he is only going to have ONE result. Let's say it was an innocent on DLA. Then we sure as hell are not lynching DLA for several more days since the likelyhood of there being a godfather (by your own math) is %50 and of him targeting the godfather is 1 out of 11 (since there is never more than one godfather) that means it is a %4.5 chance that his result is wrong. SO STOP RUSHING THE HAMMER YOU DOLT!

I'm not rushing the hammer since I won't hammer. Just like I said I wouldn't if people wanted a claim. You're going to get it and I'm going to laugh because nothing will change.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hmmm... Otolia, I may have underestimated you. This is seriously much deeper than I had looked into the setup.

WWLD (What Would Llama Do) ?

Can anyone retort this?

Lucky, since you're voting on the back of this post supposedly, what's not sound about his reasoning?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, wait, I just read Lucky's post about a cop report. That's a consideration, too. Yeah, a claim is for the best. I have to admit I'd lol if Marcrell claimed cop though.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:10 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 707, Otolia wrote:Look how convenient it is for DLA to stall if he is scum with marcrell.
He votes him
so he cannot be accused of being fishy, but still tries to peg me as scum.

Did I?

In post 718, RedCoyote wrote:Can anyone retort this?

We're not hammering before Marcrell has had a say.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Otolia's argument is that cops are useless in mafia because their results may not be accurate.

It's like saying you shouldn't go to the toilet because you might drown.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Otolia »

Oh dear.

Vig, please kill me tonight.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 718, RedCoyote wrote:Lucky, since you're voting on the back of this post supposedly, what's not sound about his reasoning?

I think I've explained it fairly well in the above post. However I will expand a little more. Using his claim of %50 of C9++ games having a godfather, having a result that is %4.5 chance wrong and %95.5 chance accurate is valuable information. The fact that he is acting like its certain there is a godfather in this game bothers me because it reads to me as scum who is using his knowledge of scum setup to fake speculation as town.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 722, Otolia wrote:Oh dear.

Vig, please kill me tonight.

or we could lynch you and vig can kill Marcell tonight.

Return to “Completed Open Games”