shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:59 am

Post by shos »

And yes I know, the thread was locked for a short amount of time, I saw it happen live. isn't that just so convenient as an excuse for the lurking. it was locked a full day AFTER your proddodge that was 2 days after your last post.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.33

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Cabd (4): xRECKONERx, Cephrir, Iecerint, notscience
Katsuki (2): Lady Lambdadelta, TierShift
T-Bone (2): T-Bone, shos
shos (1): Katsuki
xRECKONERx (1): Cabd
Cephrir (1): copper223

Not Voting (2): Rhinox, pirate mollie

Deadline for Day 1 is Thursday, April 16th, at 00:00 midnight EDT (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2015-04-15 23:00:00)

NameChangeScore
Cabd
-
Cephrir
-
copper223
-
Iecerint
-
Katsuki
-
Lady Lambdadelta
-
notscience
-
pirate mollie
-
Rhinox
-
shos
-
T-Bone
-
TierShift
-
xRECKONERx
-

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:00 am

Post by shos »

In post 974, Iecerint wrote:I don't have any experience I can remember with TierShift, so I'll have to defer to your judgment.

My inference was that TierShift's content patterns might have coincided with whether scumfriends were being pressured, etc.

see Shameless game. ended yesterday. metown caught himscum in mylo.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 970, Iecerint wrote:The only anti-town thing I can think about Ceph is that he went overboard on expressing paranoia to motivate people to explain the townieness and make it maybe unnecessarily salient, but that's just as much on me, so.

theres been much more than that but its not gonna be prosuctive talki g about it because there ar2 other players who i think are much more likelu to be scum tha. ceph. i mist say i wasnt expecting this degree of viness out of a player with his joindate though, its sad how the quality of tm has deteriorated. ive heard recently that newbies are one of the few places to find quality games nowadays.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 975, shos wrote:And yes I know, the thread was locked for a short amount of time, I saw it happen live. isn't that just so convenient as an excuse for the lurking. it was locked a full day AFTER your proddodge that was 2 days after your last post.

literally scumposting
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:02 am

Post by T-Bone »

I don't want to make this discussion about that game or copper, I don't think he intentionally did it, he's a player who likes to solve set-ups. I'm not sure if that is alignment-indicative for him or not, as I do not have any completed experience with him. In general I find set-up breaking bad, but too many players do it to call him scum.

What about me makes me a villiage idiot Iece, this is hardly our first game together. We've played as scum together, I'm pretty sure we've played as town and opposite alignments, so it's not like you have no experience with me.

Wow shos, are you seriously contending that it was my scum strategy to ask the Mod to look into something potentially game-breaking for me upon my catch-up? If that is the case please never ever play mafia again until you learn what alignment-independent means.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 962, T-Bone wrote:
Preedit: So basically you're willing to lynch a slot you admittedly had no read on...and that seems protown. Riiight and I'm the scummy one.

It does. I do not have any scumreads right now that aren't Katsuki, who we aren't lynching today because of basically nothing. Unless you are suggesting I lynch my townreads, this is my best option at the moment. It's not like I voted you, though. I just expressed my willingness to lynch you because you're in the large group of players I'm unsure about and you've also been useless. Even now, you're here and able to write a lot of words and you still aren't doing anything that doesn't directly relate to yourself.

In post 965, Iecerint wrote:
In post 955, TierShift wrote:Lec, what do you think of T-bone?

1. It's an i.

2. I think he's scummy, but not in a dynamic or exciting way that would make me risk lynching him over Cabd. The only player who fits that bill for me is you, because if you flip scum I think we can infer something from your windows of higher activity and lower activity.

Cabd is scummy in a dynamic or interesting way?

In post 967, Katsuki wrote:
ceph wrote:

that seems protown

rich coming from you

only reason y9ure a dumbtown reqd is because i dont expect you to undetstand whats scum motivated about youre posting...

maybe im wrong about you and you actually understand how to play mafia but i doubt it so you can stay i. thw dumbtown have no idea how to play mafia catagory. youre lucky b3caue3 normqlly i would want players such as yourself dead becauw3 such players as town are liabilities at best. I have 0 tolerance for vi's as town.

I've never been called a VI. I would much rather be called scum than bad, so please stick to that, because I am not bad. I think you're just trying to discredit me because I want to lynch you and you don't like my reasons. Incidentally, you've used the words "as town" about 40 times today.

pedit: let me post you assholes
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:04 am

Post by T-Bone »

Like it was well documented that I was going to be inactive last week. I said so. I was v/la. I said so again. None of any of that had anything to do with my alignment. So for you to continue to come up with activity related shit that has nothing to do with the game is ridiculous, and I apologize to everyone else in the game for you for burdening us with your reasonings.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Iecerint »

What did your avatar used to be? Maybe that would help me.

I think the main thing is your sentence structure, which includes lots of run-ons.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ Ceph -- Cabd could be scum and already claimed, so I think you need something compelling if you want to run anyone else up. He doesn't have to be dynamic or interesting anymore.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:08 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 981, Cephrir wrote:
Preedit: So basically you're willing to lynch a slot you admittedly had no read on...and that seems protown. Riiight and I'm the scummy one.

It does. I do not have any scumreads right now that aren't Katsuki, who we aren't lynching today because of basically nothing. Unless you are suggesting I lynch my townreads, this is my best option at the moment. It's not like I voted you, though. I just expressed my willingness to lynch you because you're in the large group of players I'm unsure about and you've also been useless. Even now, you're here and able to write a lot of words and you still aren't doing anything that doesn't directly relate to yourself.

I find it easier when I am behind on a game to focus on myself first to get back into it. I do it pretty much in every game regardless of alignment. I don't fault you for being willing to lynch a player in your null pool, I faulted you for not making an attempt to do something about it beyond 'hey utility lynch'. When someone invokes the term 'utility lynch' it tells me that you don't care who gets lynched, as it doesn't matter so long as someone gets lynched, and that's a scum mindset. Your language suggested to me not that you had a pool of players you were unwilling to lynch, it suggested to me you just wanted to direct the lynch on a random player because it doesn't matter to you so long as it isn't you. That's my perspective on it.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Katsuki »

thats unfortunate c2ph, i think yourw far more likely to be a vi than scum. usually id just troll you instead becauew proper responses would be wasted on you but i think its productive for yoh to understabd where i stand sothat you can stop harrassing me wjeb i have no intention on interacting with you. sorry but i dont enjoy wasting my time on vis so pls kindly hqve yourself a good day thx.

im only treating you so kindly because i think yourw more lik3ly to be towb than scum.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah, really kind. Remind me not to interact with you once I finish lynching you tomorrow.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Iecerint »

I'd also feel more motivated to hunt elsewhere if he looked very invested in scumhunting, but it looks like he's basically just going to lurk and hope another wagon shoots up.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Iecerint »

Not sure what to make of Katsuki's Monday afternoon drunkposting.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 962, T-Bone wrote:No, I'm saying that argument is lazy. No one has really taken issue with any particular thing I have posted. I think someone scoffed at my reason for townreading Reck, but that's about it. What is shos argument here? That I posted too soon in response to Ceph so I must be scum? You're telling me you'd be willing to lynch any player based on that flimsy alignment independent reasoning?

2+ days out is hardly that point. We're close, but we're not there yet. I know I am voting myself, and I want to keep it there for the moment based on potential role interactions with Cabd. I know I'm the last player that should be saying "i'll have plenty of time to change my vote" but I'll have plenty of time to change my vote.

Well you are a tough one to read because as you say you haven't been here much. But I did just read through you in iso and you have said some stuff and you're also right that there really isn't much there to have a problem with on the surface.

I do have a problem with how much you've been quick to remind us all how you're busy and haven't been here much. I mean out of your 40 posts probably close to 25% of them contain those kinds of comments and that seems like a lot. Just seems like someone spending so much effort reminding us how you haven't been here that much could probably redirect that effort to something more useful.

I did notice in your iso at some point you said you had no interest in lynching shos because you hadn't interracted with him at all. First off that is pretty lazy on your part. I mean there are a few people I haven't interracted with much at all yet but if one of them were a top wagon I'm reasonably sure I could read some of their posts and determine whether or not I had any interest in lynching them based on content, and not just outright dismissed them. Or at least made some effort to try to interract with them to form a read since at the time they were the 2 leading candidates for lynching. Mostly, I just want to know if your opinion on shos has changed at all based on your recent interactions?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:10 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 983, Iecerint wrote:What did your avatar used to be? Maybe that would help me.

I think the main thing is your sentence structure, which includes lots of run-ons.

I had the Hypnotoad avatar for the longest time, and then changed it to it's current one as a jab at mastin who was so upset Marquis and I won the award this year. I'll try and structure sentences better for you? I'm not really planning out what I'm saying or anything, I'm just reacting to what's here.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 989, Iecerint wrote:Not sure what to make of Katsuki's Monday afternoon drunkposting.

i think the conclusion to draw from this is that we need to drink togwtger sometime. i dont think weve ever had the chance to drink.properly
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 985, T-Bone wrote:
In post 981, Cephrir wrote:

I find it easier when I am behind on a game to focus on myself first to get back into it. I do it pretty much in every game regardless of alignment. I don't fault you for being willing to lynch a player in your null pool, I faulted you for not making an attempt to do something about it beyond 'hey utility lynch'. When someone invokes the term 'utility lynch' it tells me that you don't care who gets lynched, as it doesn't matter so long as someone gets lynched, and that's a scum mindset. Your language suggested to me not that you had a pool of players you were unwilling to lynch, it suggested to me you just wanted to direct the lynch on a random player because it doesn't matter to you so long as it isn't you. That's my perspective on it.

I phrased it as utility because I don't see you doing anything. This means you're unlikely to produce anything in the future that will help me read you. I could add LLD to the group I'd be willing to lynch for the same reason. I wish I had more confident reads. I could almost get excited about a reck wagon but not quite
Bartleby the Scrivener
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 987, Cephrir wrote:Yeah, really kind. Remind me not to interact with you once I finish lynching you tomorrow.
instead of lynxhimg scum, you want to.pynch out of personal bias. thats what differs.me from you and why you do not belong in yhe.calibre of.play that is expected of TM. granted yoh could just be scum and my frustration wasted but my gut says thats not the case。
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Katsuki »

like ceph, if you were truly town and cared about town winning you would replace out.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

I also wish copper had not been force-replaced because WTF was he going on about pages 35-37? His asking for claims and then going off on ceph I just don't understand. Is there some kind of personal history there? I didn't like reading any of his posts in that range and would have liked to ask some questions about them.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Katsuki »

hey rhino i dont think ive had a chance to properly talk to you this far. what are.youre thoughts on this day?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:16 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 990, Rhinox wrote:
In post 962, T-Bone wrote:No, I'm saying that argument is lazy. No one has really taken issue with any particular thing I have posted. I think someone scoffed at my reason for townreading Reck, but that's about it. What is shos argument here? That I posted too soon in response to Ceph so I must be scum? You're telling me you'd be willing to lynch any player based on that flimsy alignment independent reasoning?

2+ days out is hardly that point. We're close, but we're not there yet. I know I am voting myself, and I want to keep it there for the moment based on potential role interactions with Cabd. I know I'm the last player that should be saying "i'll have plenty of time to change my vote" but I'll have plenty of time to change my vote.

Well you are a tough one to read because as you say you haven't been here much. But I did just read through you in iso and you have said some stuff and you're also right that there really isn't much there to have a problem with on the surface.

I do have a problem with how much you've been quick to remind us all how you're busy and haven't been here much. I mean out of your 40 posts probably close to 25% of them contain those kinds of comments and that seems like a lot. Just seems like someone spending so much effort reminding us how you haven't been here that much could probably redirect that effort to something more useful.

I did notice in your iso at some point you said you had no interest in lynching shos because you hadn't interracted with him at all. First off that is pretty lazy on your part. I mean there are a few people I haven't interracted with much at all yet but if one of them were a top wagon I'm reasonably sure I could read some of their posts and determine whether or not I had any interest in lynching them based on content, and not just outright dismissed them. Or at least made some effort to try to interract with them to form a read since at the time they were the 2 leading candidates for lynching. Mostly, I just want to know if your opinion on shos has changed at all based on your recent interactions?

That's fair enough. I feel like there was too much 'lurker' talk. To me lurking is an intentional thing to try and do, and I didn't want to be lumped in there. If people are going to scumread me (or anyone), I want it to be relevant to the game, rather than the activity of a player. Hence why I called out Copper for essentially saying Tiershift disappeared because I pressured him, which is just untrue on so many levels. He said he disappeared for legit reasons (and I will never presume a player lies about out of game stuff), and I was hardly the power player to make scum!Tier back down. So that's where the context of a player's activity matters. His inactivity over the weekend doesn't matter just like mine didn't just like anyone else who claimed v/la doesn't.

My perspective on Shos then was this, it was not an interaction I was a part of that led to all the scumreads. It's not that I was intentionally avoiding it, it was that it happened when I wasn't really part of the game. As far as Shos now I am sour of him as a player, and if I didn't personally have a history of him pushing alignment independent reasons for scumreading me, I'd be all over his lynch at the moment. I know he does it as town, I don't know if he does it regardless of alignment or not.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:17 am