Shadoweh:
singersigner
(1)
Gammagooey:
GuyInFreezer

(3)
Not Voting:
Actiondan, T S O, Untrod Tripod

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)

Tammy is V/LA until April 20th. CDB is V/LA until April 17th. T S O is V/LA until April 17th.

I will be slightly harder to reach for two days because I'll be going to Nebraska and back. I'm not invoking a backup mod in general because I will be able to get some net, but if there's a very urgent question, best to cc Zor on your PM.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:20 am

Post by singersigner »

@Gamma...you definitely have more recent town meta on me, which was more the point, and I honestly haven't been scum (save my most recent newbie game) since the 2012 Scummies Invitational, which was also almost two years ago. I think your statement that you hate meta but are using it as a soft support/case/whathaveyou on me is really inconsistent and self-serving.

Now that I think of it, of the 40-50 games I've played, I think I have about five scum games under my belt. >_>

@Titus...so I agree with your stance on hydra dissonance being an issue, but I fail to see where it's particularly relevant here. You're pursuing it with a confirmed town so I'm not really seeing the endgame with this argument...

@GiF...why would ika replacing into your spot make it another mislynch spot? If it's substantiated I can see your thought process, but, that logick train I'm not really following, which seems to be the basis of your town read on CDB.

@AD...I know you're a particularly ornery player when it comes to working well with others by participating even a little bit, but it's pretty much an excuse to get yourself lynched/vigged/whathaveyou. It's not fair in a normal game, let alone when you have a whole team counting on you to step up. Despite my gut townread on you, I have no issue lynching you because of it.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

^and i think you attacking the individual games I posted for your town meta is more than a little dumb and arbitrary when one of them I brought up specifically because Nacho was in it with you and the other was just another large theme I remembered being in with you.

the point of bringing up those games isn't 'omg i think singer is scum because she's playing differently' which is always garbage, it's more like *i think singer's tone doesn't really seem like she's scumhunting and these are some games that i have personally seen singer play in (i was in the dead qt for a chunk of nacho's game with you) that helps to show my background with singer and why I think it's not just a playstyle nulltell*
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:52 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 2201, singersigner wrote:@GiF...why would ika replacing into your spot make it another mislynch spot? If it's substantiated I can see your thought process, but, that logick train I'm not really following, which seems to be the basis of your town read on CDB.

I don't expect everyone to follow it anyway. It's a really weird reasoning that I can't really explain until, like, post game.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:56 am

Post by ActionDan »

@titus/singer : i have no compunctions about working with you persay. This game is incredibly long both in wall posts and page numbers so I'll be able to give you a read/analysis of any one or two particular players at a time. Make a suggestion and ill go from there
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Titus »

@Singer - I literally just answered that in the post before you asked me, and then you just asked GiF a question that mirrors one I asked (why would ika be mislynchable?). If you're so uncertain on me, why do I get the feeling you are ignoring my posts?

@FFery, After today's first lynch, I would like to try an exercise that has us work together. We will post our townreads. Those who we match on, we do not lynch or push. Then we each toggle down until we get to four remaining players. We then agree the second lynch is within those four and put our town weight behind it. I would like to stop sucking as widely townread plus force myself to work with people even if I do not always agree with their reads and this seems like a method to do that.

As for the hydra thing, I will need time to try and get your perspective. I will review what you have said in more detail.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2204, ActionDan wrote:@titus/singer : i have no compunctions about working with you persay. This game is incredibly long both in wall posts and page numbers so I'll be able to give you a read/analysis of any one or two particular players at a time. Make a suggestion and ill go from there

Espionage and any one of the two person counterwagons.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2204, ActionDan wrote:@titus/singer : i have no compunctions about working with you persay. This game is incredibly long both in wall posts and page numbers so I'll be able to give you a read/analysis of any one or two particular players at a time. Make a suggestion and ill go from there

I really don't like seeing you take a consulting stance like this.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2207, fferyllt wrote:

What do you mean by "consulting stance"?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 am

Post by singersigner »

Titus wrote:
@Singer - I literally just answered that in the post before you asked me, and then you just asked GiF a question that mirrors one I asked (why would ika be mislynchable?). If you're so uncertain on me, why do I get the feeling you are ignoring my posts?

@FFery, After today's first lynch, I would like to try an exercise that has us work together. We will post our townreads. Those who we match on, we do not lynch or push. Then we each toggle down until we get to four remaining players. We then agree the second lynch is within those four and put our town weight behind it.
I would like to stop sucking as widely townread plus force myself to work with people even if I do not always agree with their reads and this seems like a method to do that.

As for the hydra thing, I will need time to try and get your perspective. I will review what you have said in more detail.
I specifically asked you that because it doesn't really answer my question. You seem to be pursuing Ffery for "hydra dissonance" (as much as can be done in TM), but where was this concern with other people using their teammates as a fallback for their reads/disagreements?

And can you please stop with the AtE with regards to your skills and ability? It's clouding the way I feel about you.

I like tomatoes.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

he's asking others to give him assignments. There is plenty of surface data in the thread that would suggest how to prioritize, and doing so - prioritizing - would be the town thing to do IMO.

Idic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Titus »

@Singer, You think I am "pushing"Ffery as scum? Stop. Just stop. You seriously need to reread that conversation.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I've never seen singer post this much in a mafia game and it's freaking me out
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:12 am

Post by ActionDan »

I'll be forming my own opinions with the advantage that they will be relevant to other's interests. For now ill look at esp and CDB.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:12 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2205, Titus wrote:@FFery, After today's first lynch, I would like to try an exercise that has us work together. We will post our townreads. Those who we match on, we do not lynch or push. Then we each toggle down until we get to four remaining players. We then agree the second lynch is within those four and put our town weight behind it. I would like to stop sucking as widely townread plus force myself to work with people even if I do not always agree with their reads and this seems like a method to do that.

I want to work with all of my town reads toward some consensus for both lynches. To the extent this looks like it fits with my overarching goals as the game progresses, I'm game.

Idic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2210, fferyllt wrote:he's asking others to give him assignments. There is plenty of surface data in the thread that would suggest how to prioritize, and doing so - prioritizing - would be the town thing to do IMO.

Ok I get where you are going. That does sound like a much better question for a PT with his team considering any of them could see the wagon spots
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I really like that he's participating

don't harsh my buzz
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:15 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 2202, Gammagooey wrote:^and i think you attacking the individual games I posted for your town meta is more than a little dumb and arbitrary when one of them I brought up specifically because Nacho was in it with you and the other was just another large theme I remembered being in with you.

the point of bringing up those games isn't 'omg i think singer is scum because she's playing differently' which is always garbage, it's more like *i think singer's tone doesn't really seem like she's scumhunting and these are some games that i have personally seen singer play in (i was in the dead qt for a chunk of nacho's game with you) that helps to show my background with singer and why I think it's not just a playstyle nulltell*

If you had any bit of recent meta on me, I wouldn't be arguing with you. The difference in those games are circumstantially different, particularly the scum game, which is the only one I really attacked anyway.

Point being, you might have that experience with me, but anyone who's played with me recently
at all
knows my town game is vastly different now than it was three years ago (so much so that in just about every newbie game I've played recently, I comment on it at one point or another), so bringing up outdated meta while simultaneously saying "fuck meta" is really only fitting your agenda.

If you read literally any game of mine in the last year you'd see a
significant
difference in the way I approach mafia now, which you seem to be blindly approaching/not acknowledging.

fferyllt wrote:he's asking others to give him assignments. There is plenty of surface data in the thread that would suggest how to prioritize, and doing so - prioritizing - would be the town thing to do IMO.

Agreed. If he were replacing in I would understand this initially, but he has a responsibility to keep up/follow along on his own merit. To give us the responsibility of providing him direction is severely lacking town-motivation unless he can properly supply a reason for doing so.

Preview Edit:
@Titus...I'm going to ask you nicely to shut up. I'm not saying you're trying to paint Ffery as scum, pls tia (literally have never said that before but it felt good!). I'm saying you're pursuing an unnecessary line of questioning that you haven't proven to support this current game state. You know she's town. What does her opinion/stance on hydra's have anything to do with the game right now?

I like tomatoes.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2214, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2205, Titus wrote:@FFery, After today's first lynch, I would like to try an exercise that has us work together. We will post our townreads. Those who we match on, we do not lynch or push. Then we each toggle down until we get to four remaining players. We then agree the second lynch is within those four and put our town weight behind it. I would like to stop sucking as widely townread plus force myself to work with people even if I do not always agree with their reads and this seems like a method to do that.

I want to work with all of my town reads toward some consensus for both lynches. To the extent this looks like it fits with my overarching goals as the game progresses, I'm game.

Ok. If this doesn't fit with your goals, please try to tailor this so it does.

@Singer, We are all like hydras here. We all factor in opinions from three other people. Determining scummy dissonance from just people disagreeing is hard.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:20 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 2212, Untrod Tripod wrote:I've never seen singer post this much in a mafia game and it's freaking me out

*shrug* I really wanted to play TM and when I have what's essentially free reign over my own line of questioning, I try to take advantage of it.

I did post the majority of the last game we played together after Glork was wrong D1, did you not know that? (in case it wasn't obvious to anyone else, I was hydraing with Glork)

I like tomatoes.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:35 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 2104, Titus wrote:This is my gun to my head scum team if Singer's scum.

What if singer is town?
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm phone posting so I don't know how much sense it will make but whatever. If I get the chance to post again I will.

I don't like the Espeonage wagon. People are frustrated with him and I get that,but how does that make him scum? People are saying it doesn't matter if he's town and I get that, but we're bound to be wrong enough that I don't want to waste lynches on people we cant be bothered dealing with or reading properly. The fact is that Espeonage is sort of all over the place and his play doesn't make any sense to me from scum and so I think he's town and don't want to lynch him.

I don't dislike the singer wagon as much, but I'm sort of skeeved out by some people seeming much more interested in that after Empire replacing out and I wonder why that could be???

CDB I could see being scum, but he's V/LA and so I think it would be a pretty cool idea to wait until he's not busy having a great time doing other stuff to lynch him.

While TTH really is probably scum and her telling me my lynch pool sucks with no explanation is much appreciated, I've explained my reasons for not wanting to lynch her.

Let's lynch Bulbazak.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh and Marquis is still as town as he was before so no thanks.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 2221, DeasVail wrote:CDB I could see being scum, but he's V/LA and so I think it would be a pretty cool idea to wait until he's not busy having a great time doing other stuff to lynch him.

Nah if all my stuffs are correct CDB is probably the towniest person in this game next to fery and tammy.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 am

Post by DeasVail »

I meant read him not lynch him, but you get the idea. I'm not as sure as you are, but I'm putting off reading him partly out of laziness so we'll see.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”