Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.03Cheery Dog (2) - Regfan, Cogito Ergo Sum
ika (2) - BlueBloodedToffee, theelkspeaks
Antihero (1) - Zachrulez
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) - Oversoul
Psyche (1) - Antihero

Not Voting (4) - Ankamius, Cheery Dog, ika, Psyche

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, April 25, 2015, at 4:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-04-25 16:30:00).
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:49 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 719, Zachrulez wrote:My posts probably wouldn't annoy you as much if you were actually town.

In post 722, Regfan wrote:Anti, how caught up to date is TTH on this thread - also ask her to explain her Psyche scum read in more detail as well as her comments on his deadline play, really need to see some actual thought process here because think you attempting to continue pushing Psyche and using TTH as reasoning behind that comes across as fake and would like your own independent reads right now, don't care if they're not in depth just throw em out.

oh screw you both

what, are you mad that someone who's not even in the game's reads are better than both yours or the fact that someone who was barely paying attention figured your aero read yesterday was a loser?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:54 am

Post by Antihero »

last time i checked in w/ tth on this was before the weekend. since tth has been keeping up w/ the game more than me, i'm hashing some things out w/ her this morning.

zack, if you say something snide about coaching, i'm autovoting you. preemptively, i'm telling you right now to can it.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:56 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Anti, vote ika?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Oversoul »

Regfan, you look townie outside of the efforts to expedite Aero's lynch, in my opinion. Can't really say CES looks to be the same level of town as you in that regard. It might be paranoia but CES's pushes have been weird this game.
For what it is worth, Tammy also disliked you pushing for the lynch that quickly. She said it made her feel skeevy watching you two try to force the lynch through.

Tammy says it isn't meta, but that she knows from experience BBT is capable of this type of play as scum. She says her read is based on the convenience and aggression of his stances/reads, especially given how Llamarble a town player was trying to discuss tokens.

I am most likely going to switch with Tammy, so you'll be able to ask her directly soon enough anyway. :P
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:32 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 727, Antihero wrote:last time i checked in w/ tth on this was before the weekend. since tth has been keeping up w/ the game more than me, i'm hashing some things out w/ her this morning.

zack, if you say something snide about coaching, i'm autovoting you. preemptively, i'm telling you right now to can it.

Well that would be a silly point because there really hasn't been any evidence of that.

It's not like I'm a monster.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

copper has been focused on games other than this one currently, so it's mostly me again.

It's a fair point to say that claiming something is SvT is hard to do, and a better claim would have been that both sides in that argument look scummier than they previously did for having had the argmuent.

ika's insistence on the semantics is a thing scum have incentive to do.

BBT jumping all over ika's "bad town play" if indeed ika is town is a thing scum have incentive to do.

The repeated one-word posts there insisting on zero content felt kinda off to me, enough to damage, but not nullify my townread on BBT. I'm still townreading BBT, just less than before.

I was townreading ika less than I was townreading BBT, and ika's behavior in that argument pushed him all the way into my scumpile, so I voted him.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:31 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

aaaaand copper is no longer part of my team now apparently. ...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 720, ika wrote:so GIF and I are considering switching games.

who think yay and who thinks nay (outside of BBT who has yet to admit his contridiction or justifying his smatics)

Yes please. It would help me get back into the game if he's town and your slot would be much easier to read if scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

Right, so Oversoul's town. theelkspeaks is probably town. I feel okay about Regfan. ika still looks slimy, but I'll wait to see if GIF replaces in and try to read him instead. CES is scum.

In post 695, Zachrulez wrote:I have no idea why Llamarble was killed. My theory of most of the scum being off wagon combines the factors of how scummy Aero looked, how the wagon formed, and where the nightkill was. (With the idea being that scum would tend to kill where they're not hiding.)

Can you go into detail more here please?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

I like Cheery Dog's 'push' on Zack on a surface level this day phase, but overall his day 2 play doesn't look proactive at all. Nullishscum so far.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Oversoul »

Post incoming later today
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Oversoul »

This is very likely my last substantial post in this game. Tammy and I are going to need to switch our games. I want to give my final opinion straight from the horses mouth as I think a certain amount of analysis/reasoning is lost in translation with communicating teammates' concerns. I know I have been doing that to Tammy in this game. I am scared shitless of getting modkilled that I paraphrase most of Tammy's comments so that the team overall will not suffer from a modkill. If there is anyone on our team that is likely to mess up, it is me. I've been on the line far too many times to really want to take a chance in the overall structure of these games.

That brings me to my second point. From what I have read across the other Team Mafia games, I think people, myself included, are placing a little too much emphasis on the importance of winning the game. I think token discussion does unfortunately go towards that. I think there is a general malaise in this game because we are trying to rely on something as so indicative when in reality, it isn't as strong as we hope. I know I have fueled those fires and as much as it irks me to admit that BB&T could possibly be right, I think further discussion on tokens is probably not the wisest option, given the state of this game. People across all the games seem to have forgotten how to have fun and just play the game. Sure there are stakes on the line, but in the end is it all really worth the emotional pain and mental fatigue that it is causing? Probably not. I know from here on out, I am going to be taking these games a lot more leniently and relaxed. Then again, I guess I can personally say that since I've already "won" once and it doesn't really matter to me.

On that note, Tammy is going to come into this game and she is probably going to poke you all where you don't want to be poked. She is going to ask you questions that you probably will not like or do not approve. That's fine. But don't take it out on Tammy. She has very recently submitted her dissertation thesis (she is a professor at a university) and this is perhaps the most stressful time of her entire life. This single piece of work carries a lot of importance for her current life and her future in the field of academia. I'm doing this little PSA because I think Tammy is too modest to talk about how smart she is, but I'm not. :) I think the dissertation is causing her a great amount of stress and various individuals are only causing her more stress. This applies to so many more people than just Tammy, though. Remember that you are talking to a human being. Sure it is easy to forget in the heat of the moment of the game or on the Internet, but every single person has more going on than they project on this forum.

In post 612, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 611, Oversoul wrote:
I don't think she wants to share which games for the sake of alt anonymity.

She has made a couple of critiques on your posts, but they all boil down to the fact that she thinks the way you are approaching this game is not authentic townie.
She thinks your case on Llamarble is bad (too forced for you to legitimately believe your points are good points).
I agree with her overall that your aggression is just hitting a sour note with me. I don't like it. Have you ever heard of the Uncanny Valley? Animators make models of humans and almost accomplish making it look human, but something about the model makes it not human so it exists in this Uncanny Valley of looking human without accomplishing the belief that it could be human. That is where your posts exist, at least to me. You do have posts and positions that I think are pro-town motivated and for that reason I personally think it is a stylistic difference between our playstyles. Tammy thinks it is something more.

Haha, no. If she is going to accuse me of being scum and base it on meta then she needs to show me where she has got this information from otherwise it's impossible for me to defend myself against it. I'm also going to bet her 'meta read' on me isn't very deep and I look forward to tearing it apart.

This feels like Tammy is attacking me in place of you to avoid any chance of your attack being attributed to OMGUS. The timing of it is somewhat convenient.

What does she think my case on Llmarble is? (2nd time)

I answered this before, but she thought your case on Llamarble was shitty. I think it says something when perhaps the person you've spent the most time analyzing and suspecting as scum was the scum's first nightkill. But that is neither here nor there. :cool:

I bring up this post again because you are about to get what you want. You can ask all these questions to Tammy because Tammy and I are switching our games.

In post 639, Zachrulez wrote:We are more than a week into this game now. You shouldn't need another day to just now have actual reads.

I felt this post was a little strict, given Aero's posts about having to deal with a real life emergency and what not.
I don't know what it is, but Zach still hasn't hit me with the obvtown play.

In post 641, Psyche wrote:
unvote

hehehe

Psyche continues to be as useless as he is in Mafia Discussion.
Promises a lot and posts a lot, but nothing ever
really seems
to get done...

In post 646, Cheery Dog wrote:I'm still not getting any wrath of ika? What's the point in me bring on his wagon then.

Don't really understand the point you are trying to make here, Cheery.
Can you only read Ika when he responds under the pressure of being near lynch?

In post 658, theelkspeaks wrote:wondering whether the inherent delay for Aero to return made him a good wagon choice for scum because the time it took for Aero to respond to it would dispel pressure from ika/Psyche.

I actually think this is a fairly high level of analysis. Shame copper was shortsighted.
Don't know how I feel about this post as a whole. Expresses concern over the wagon while simultaneously allowing elk to advocate for the lynch. Fencesitting 101? I dunno. Hard to tell in a vacuum.

In post 676, Zachrulez wrote:I'm more inclined to lynch off wagon. Especially considering the kill. I'm just feeling with where the wagon stalled at scum were likely sitting back off the wagon knowing what the flip was going to be, and it's also a happy bonus that I find the people off the wagon generally more suspicious than those on.

What do you think about the wagon itself? Do you think my premise is sound?

Not entirely sure I think your premise is sound. I believe they killed Llamarble because he was obviously town. There might be tertiary reasons that make killing Llamarble an even better option, like wagon composition.

I think the wagon has a solid town bloc voting it between Llamarble, Regfan, myself, and to a lesser extent you but I do have some reservations about you.
That said, I doubt that *entire* wagon was pro-town. If it was, sad day on mafiascum considering the specific people voting that wagon. This is partially why I think CES might be scum. His vote was the momentum changer that all but sealed the deal. He had been letting his vote rot on Cheery since page 2. Sure he was advocating for Cheery's lynch but it was never a substantial amount of discussion except for early in the game. On top of that, a large basis of his wanting Cheery dead seems to be the token thing, but he calculated it to be almost 50/50 that Cheery would get scum. That isn't exactly a resounding argument. I still believe that Cheery is likely town for his forthright attitude when discussing how he spent his token.

In post 677, Regfan wrote:CD is still very very likely mafia and as much as it pains me to admit it I probably should have buried my ego and sheeped there D1.

What is it about CD that makes you think he is safer to lynch? I feel like this is a repeat of CES last time this game happened. *sigh* At least Tammy will be the one who can deal directly with him.

I find it odd that you include 608 as CES being a town post. Why did you use those posts specifically? All of them are fairly low impact. Maybe I haven't played enough games with CES to truly understand how he plays.

In post 686, Cheery Dog wrote:I'm actually kind of feeling the opposite about CES doing that after he announced he wasn't looking.

It's not like any of the rest of us actually did stuff there.

:(

Fair.

I might be treating this as a holier than thou.

In post 687, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:CES wasn't even the primary person rushing the lynch. Ika was. His timing for his 'activity' was scummy as fuck and yet nobody bats an eyelid because 'lol, it's ika.'

In fact, ika, Psyche and Ank were all pretty scummy towards the end of D1.

I agree with you about Psyche. His posts read to me as "I'm doing nothing and I am happy about it!"
ika I'm just going to defer to you and others who have the willpower to
read
wade through his posts.
Ank I disagree. I thought his posts toward the end of the day showed an earnest attempt at scumhunting.

In post 691, ika wrote:
In post 690, Zachrulez wrote:You're not even voting for him.

i know i want to hammer him. would you vote him if i voted first?

Do you actually win games playing like this?

705-708 is lol.

In post 711, theelkspeaks wrote:VOTE: ika

This recent BBT vs. ika is definitely not TvT. At least one of those two is scum, and I already had a townread on BBT, so ika it is.

In post 713, theelkspeaks wrote:ika's insistence on semantic troubles with the claims being made against him seems kinda like a non-town way to respond to a push. Focusing on the wording instead of the content feels like just trying to discredit it.

On the other hand, BBT's consecutive single word posts feel a little off also, not sure if that's town frustration or a scum player trying to be very insistent.

Uh...
So out of the three possibilities, this interaction is definitely TvT as opposed to SvT or even SvS? The thing that seems like a "definite" in this interaction is SvS.

What is your read on BB&T and why do you think those posts are "off"?

In post 714, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Oversoul, I would've liked Day 1 to have ended earlier, so maybe try voting scum instead?

What is this comment supposed to imply? It looks like you jammed two different concepts + sentences together in a nonsensical fashion that does not follow at all.

In post 720, ika wrote:so GIF and I are considering switching games.

who think yay and who thinks nay (outside of BBT who has yet to admit his contridiction or justifying his smatics)

I think you should stay in this game.
Though this is mostly out of selfishness as I am about to switch with Tammy and I think can physically bring myself to read GiF's posts.

:mrgreen:

In post 722, Regfan wrote:Singer got around to reading BBT, I'll try and paraphrase her thoughts but she likes his stance on token usage (I don't) and finds it mirrors her thought process about them as well as find the later part of his ISO to have a large difference in effort here v the newbie she played with him where he was scum. She thinks his posts here aren't as stubbornly void of content as they were over there and finds Post 483 and Post 485 town especially him questioning Ank about the town read on himself as she thinks he'd happily just accept is as scum.

I am actually coming around to BB&T town, too. Though I think you have your work cut out for you if you are going to convince Tammy.

In post 722, Regfan wrote:Oversoul please don't forget to respond to the bottom of Post 677 how are you differentiating CES and my push for the day to end quickly? And I want Tammys meta on BBT because that's now two of us that think his play fits his town meta more than his scum meta so her stance on him doesn't add up for me at all.

I feel like I have done Tammy and her opinion on BB&T a disservice with my paraphrase attempts. She will be in the game soon enough to explain her opinion, unfiltered, so I just ask that you save this question for her.

In post 727, Antihero wrote:last time i checked in w/ tth on this was before the weekend. since tth has been keeping up w/ the game more than me, i'm hashing some things out w/ her this morning.

Did you guys come to any conclusions from your talk this morning?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 am

Post by ika »

oversoul/tamme: do you think CES is town ro scum?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Psyche »

I've achieved loads in MD. I've done a few substantive studies, for instance.
But the bigger things I've promised take
time
and knowhow and MD posts that I still need more of before the magic can happen.

I'm certainly not glad to be inactive right now; I'm simply finding it hard to juggle all of my current obligations. Encouragement yesterday to just vote Aero because ??? plus the various meanspirited put-downs (which inclined me to revenge-troll) sort of held me down, but I don't intend to be as difficult this Day. But still not today, sorry.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 738, Oversoul wrote:Don't really understand the point you are trying to make here, Cheery.
Can you only read Ika when he responds under the pressure of being near lynch?

I'm just jealous he was talking to everyone else on his wagon but ignoring my vote, I believe direct interaction can lead to a better read on someone. I'm not sure if it was there with ika, but he never even tried getting me to remove my vote yesterday.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

On another note, it's time for gamma's reads, or at least the part of them that are given to me and then badly paraphrased.

VOTE: Regfan

We have a large scumread on regfan.

regfan wrote:CD is still very very likely mafia and as much as it pains me to admit it I probably should have buried my ego and sheeped there D1.

This post triggered the need for the vote to be laid down, as it's just an excuse to lay away from the awful case that was there yesterday. (awful case being from my where I called it out, although Gamma also didn't like the comment about elk that I said was fine). That post then goes about that something else should have been down instead of the aeronaut lynch, aka my lynch, aka a different townie dying earlier. My flip is not going top have changed the matters. I still fully expect to have been lynched before lylo because of the whole token thing - which is always worth considering.

and older Gamma reads are CES making good comments about ank being team-heavy theory. Ank having too much effort in his posts to avoid poking - when lynch happened Ank was therefore most likely scum.
elk looking bad from pre-team conversation post. I believe he still looks bad beside that one post, but as I said somewhere, it's still just 'bad' so much as 'scummy'.
Around the middle of Day 1 (I think this is around where I voted Llama, and he told me it was a bad vote, but I pushed on with my own agenda then) psyche was scummier than elk acccording to Gamma, and zach was a little-off but not alignment-indicative.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 726, Antihero wrote:
In post 719, Zachrulez wrote:My posts probably wouldn't annoy you as much if you were actually town.

In post 722, Regfan wrote:Anti, how caught up to date is TTH on this thread - also ask her to explain her Psyche scum read in more detail as well as her comments on his deadline play, really need to see some actual thought process here because think you attempting to continue pushing Psyche and using TTH as reasoning behind that comes across as fake and would like your own independent reads right now, don't care if they're not in depth just throw em out.

oh screw you both

what, are you mad that someone who's not even in the game's reads are better than both yours or the fact that someone who was barely paying attention figured your aero read yesterday was a loser?

And BBT thinks I'm the one with an ego problem here.

In fact let's delve into you slamming it in our faces that you figured out the aero read was a loser. Here are your posts regarding Aero on day 1.

In post 526, Antihero wrote:
In post 523, Llamarble wrote:Still hoping for Aero Ank Cheery team.

the only one of those three that MIGHT be ok is aero but that's mitigated by him being from EM player and it's a close call

i like tth's reads better can we do those?

Which is wishy washy actually. You eh the wagon, but make a comment that halfway encourages the wagon as well.

In post 527, Antihero wrote:
In post 525, Equinox wrote:Aeronaut (5) - Zachrulez, Regfan, Llamarble, Cogito Ergo Sum, Oversoul

mmmmmmmmmmmm

wagon composition isn't anything to write home about either

You're voting psyche, you've pretty much always been voting for psyche. If you had an issue with the wagon composition, the time to have gone into more detail about that would have been in the above post.

In post 534, Antihero wrote:
In post 529, Llamarble wrote:Wat
If BBT and Elk joined, this might become the towniest wagons I've ever been part of...

my only townread on the wagon is regfan

everyone else is firmly in the bleh territory

This is vague. If you hated the wagon, you should have gone through it and found the reasoning on those that joined the wagon that you dislike.

In post 536, Antihero wrote:i don't care for you not trying to distinguish between me being swamped and lurking
AND
acting like there's some kind of inconsistency here

i'm saying i'm not enthused about the aero wagon and everything i've said is consistent with that.

You may not have been enthused about the wagon, but you really didn't do much to try to stop it. Witness.

In post 589, Antihero wrote:
In post 585, Regfan wrote:Bolded makes absolutely no sense to me, fact they come back to back make it even worse. TTH's reads pretty much consist of stating a scum read on Ika, Elk and Psyche in Post 81 and then adding CES to the list in Post 135 so if the players you're wanting lynched/not trusting include Ika/Elk/Psyche/CES 3/4 of them are not on the wagon ie. Shouldn't that make it a good wagon for you? I'll rephrase since I don't feel like I'm being clear enough; you not liking the wagon doesn't add up since there are several different wagon combinations you'd say the same (or worse) about and nearly none you'd be able to claim to like. You using the wagon-dynamic to avoid getting on really reaaaaaally looks like wanting to dodge lynching a partner here and has p much entirely killed any inkling of a town read I still had on you.

assumption: everyone is either a townread or a scumread

not so

tth is saying that aero's chances of actually flipping scum are pretty much random and i'm inclined to agree with that

Which again doesn't actively try to derail the wagon. Nothing you said in your opposition to the wagon made any statement toward the belief that you thought Aero was likely to flip town.

I mean if you truly thought the wagon was terrible and that it was a loser, then you'd have been willing to say he was town and that we shouldn't lynch him. You didn't do that. I know if I think a lynch is bad, I'll actively oppose it.

Anyway, other things I'm interested in.

In post 232, Antihero wrote:
In post 228, Zachrulez wrote:I would like the reason for the swap explained. I don't like that it hasn't been.

clarifying stuff w/ zor at the moment. hold onto your britches.

you are talking out your ass when you speculate we swapped so i could take over a SCUM role (lol). ESPECIALLY on a team w/ etl, tth, and sthar8.

your reads are terrible and if you're town you need re-evaluation. badly.

In post 524, Antihero wrote:
In post 394, Zachrulez wrote:I don't think I have any playing experience with anyone other than you so expecting me to know the meta of your team is a bit unfair.

so you think it's unfair to substantiate the crux of your case...?

/kill me

Assume I don't know a damn thing about your team's meta. (Because I really don't.) Explain to me in detail what I'm missing. Detail may or may not include commentary about how 'bad' you think I am at this game, but can not be the only thing that said explanation contains.

Now let's come off to that and answer other people.

In post 734, Ankamius wrote:Right, so Oversoul's town. theelkspeaks is probably town. I feel okay about Regfan. ika still looks slimy, but I'll wait to see if GIF replaces in and try to read him instead. CES is scum.

In post 695, Zachrulez wrote:I have no idea why Llamarble was killed. My theory of most of the scum being off wagon combines the factors of how scummy Aero looked, how the wagon formed, and where the nightkill was. (With the idea being that scum would tend to kill where they're not hiding.)

It's the zachrulez (tm) wagon analyzer that consists of how I see things from my own point of view. It should be pretty easy to actually see that point of view. I think my position is pretty clear and that your question delves more into gaining activity by making a theory argument that won't actually make any real productive mark in the game.

In post 738, Oversoul wrote:

In post 639, Zachrulez wrote:We are more than a week into this game now. You shouldn't need another day to just now have actual reads.

I felt this post was a little strict, given Aero's posts about having to deal with a real life emergency and what not.
I don't know what it is, but Zach still hasn't hit me with the obvtown play.

He was V/LA from the 5th up until his lynch on the 9th. His V/LA was slated to last until the 11th. 6 days in a game with a 2 week deadline is pretty close to being inactive for half a day phase. I don't think my attacks were unfair there.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by Regfan »

I've had a dreadful day at work, going to just crash and go to bed now. Will catch up on this game tomorrow morning.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by Regfan »

Couldn't even get to sleep so caught up here.

Anti re; you're missing what I'm saying completely, what I'm after is you actually posting reads and content, I had a town read on TTH before the switch and liked your reaction/response initially after the switch. My issue really is with your lack of reads and content and your explanation with the "wagon" dislike from yesterday (Albeit that's kind of less of an issue given that Aero flipped town and I was reading it as you trying to avoid bussing). So reads, please.

Oversoul/Tammy switch means that the Oversoul slot is super likely to be town here, don't see Tammy switching into a scum slot willingly.

Ank, explain that CES scum read for me especially in light of your "reads reset" comment in .

Overoul I'll just wait for Tammy to pop in to discuss her CES/BBT reads then since having you as a mouthpiece isn't working since I still don't get what she's trying to say. Reads list (Even if it's just a S->W) type one would be nice before you leave. Also was nice playing with you again even if so briefly.

In post 738, Oversoul wrote:t is it about CD that makes you think he is safer to lynch? I feel like this is a repeat of CES last time this game happened. *sigh* At least Tammy will be the one who can deal directly with him. I find it odd that you include 608 as CES being a town post. Why did you use those posts specifically? All of them are fairly low impact. Maybe I haven't played enough games with CES to truly understand how he plays.

I don't get what you're saying in the first sentence, CES was town last TM so you may need to rephrase that (If what you're asking what it is about CD that makes me fairly comfortable to vote there it's a) I found his stance around Llama to read very fake particularly his vote in , b) The Llama death when he was likely to come out all guns blazing at CD today over me who had a weaker read there comparatively, c) The fact that I town read majority of the playerlist making him likely scum via PoE alone strengthened via the token usage enhancing the odds of him drawing scum) and those posts read the most genuine from CES - think my best chance of reading him is tonally since a lot of his actual reads and stances are things I can see him fake.

In post 742, Cheery Dog wrote:We have a large scumread on regfan.

This post triggered the need for the vote to be laid down, as it's just an excuse to lay away from the awful case that was there yesterday. (awful case being from my where I called it out, although Gamma also didn't like the comment about elk that I said was fine). That post then goes about that something else should have been down instead of the aeronaut lynch, aka my lynch, aka a different townie dying earlier. My flip is not going top have changed the matters. I still fully expect to have been lynched before lylo because of the whole token thing - which is always worth considering.

Don't like nor can I follow any of this at all, doesn't read even remotely genuine (Nor does the fact that you have "team reads" that are severely outdated that weren't brought into the thread when they were "given" to you - looks more like a "Lookie here, I can fake having had team reads" to seem town). Still think the fact that Aero avoided commenting on anything really game-related other than the fact that he was being FoS'ed to be a massive massive scum-tell. Only thing I'm annoyed at is that it's now twice in a row (Last TM I forced through a lynch on Amrun who was the sole town player in my scum pool instead of joining CES and co elsewhere on actual scum) that I've been wrong and I hate being wrong, really really do.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 734, Ankamius wrote:Right, so Oversoul's town. theelkspeaks is probably town. I feel okay about Regfan. ika still looks slimy, but I'll wait to see if GIF replaces in and try to read him instead. CES is scum.

Regfan, you must be able to see that 726 is a town-looking post.

Cheery Dog, Regfan is not getting lynched unless he keeps living without winning us the game. He's not close to being a lynch option yet.
What's the basis of that read anyway? Just that one (genuine-sounding) post?

Can we just lynch Ank today? He is so scummy.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 746, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:

Regfan, you must be able to see that 726 is a town-looking post.

Cheery Dog, Regfan is not getting lynched unless he keeps living without winning us the game. He's not close to being a lynch option yet.
What's the basis of that read anyway? Just that one (genuine-sounding) post?

Can we just lynch Ank today? He is so scummy.

Sotty actually thinks Anti's frustration looks town.

I think I'm doubting enough to UNVOTE:

I'm still in a place where I'd only really be voting Cheery Dog for taking a scum token, and if I'm actually going to be on his wagon would like another reason to actually lynch him.

Ok so...

Aeronaut
(7) - Regfan,
Llamarble
, Cogito Ergo Sum, Oversoul, Zachrulez, theelkspeaks, ika
ika (3) - Cheery Dog, BlueBloodedToffee, Ankamius
Psyche (1) - Antihero
theelkspeaks (1) -
Aeronaut

Not Voting (1) - Psyche

I'm having a really hard time seeing scum on that wagon. Got Regfan as town, could see CES as scum, but I'm not really getting the YOLO mafia feel here so I feel like I would be reaching on that. If Tammy is replacing Oversoul, then scratch anything I said about that slot, it's just town. Elk's maybe the flakiest one on the wagon and the actual wagon hop was blegh but again that might be reaching a little bit. Ika I'm not really interested in. Marquis has a town read on him and I would trust his ability to read ika far more than my own since I know pretty much nothing about ika except that the way he plays really grates at me. I tend to see ika as a popular easy lynch choice.

Cheery Dog: His play doesn't give me the overwhelming town read I'm looking for to think he should live deep into the game. Scum token raises his odds of being scum off the bat too. I remember he said a few things that looked pretty bad to me but he's never really been my top choice for a lynch. Still, I could be talked into lynching him pretty easily.

BlueBloodedToffee: Pretty much exclusively gunning for ika now. Hasn't really seemed to be looking elsewhere for scum lately. Not really feeling the town read as much now.

Ankamius: Think he could easily be scum, and I don't really know why he suspects who he does. Does he think Cheery Dog is town? Why? Why is Ika scum? Why is CES scum?

Psyche: Had a town feel from his early play and haven't really found him incredibly scummy, but I'm not really the authority on his meta and his actual content and posting frequency has really been lacking lately. He could have managed to get into my blindspot up until now the more I think about it.

Antihero: I think I've beaten this one to death. Stated issues regarding Aeronaut wagon still stand and want to see more content from him.

theelkspeaks: Might be giving too much credit to the things that caused me to lose interest in him on day 1. Insisting that BBT vs Ika can't be town vs town could be a pretty easy way to set them both up for a lynch if they are.

So yeah, I'm not thrilled with Anti's play but where he stands is in a lot of flux for me with a lot riding on what he does from that point on. If I were to take him off the table for a lynch for now that would leave a top three of something like Cheery/Ank/Psyche.

Probably most comfortable seeing Ank hang on that list.

VOTE: Ankamius
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 745, Regfan wrote:I don't get what you're saying in the first sentence, CES was town last TM so you may need to rephrase that (If what you're asking what it is about CD that makes me fairly comfortable to vote there it's a) I found his stance around Llama to read very fake particularly his vote in Post 251, b) The Llama death when he was likely to come out all guns blazing at CD today over me who had a weaker read there comparatively, c) The fact that I town read majority of the playerlist making him likely scum via PoE alone strengthened via the token usage enhancing the odds of him drawing scum) and those posts read the most genuine from CES - think my best chance of reading him is tonally since a lot of his actual reads and stances are things I can see him fake.

It was two separate thoughts. I just smushed them together. It should have been "What is it about CD you find scummy?" new paragraph "Ugh I feel like I am reading CES wrong again like last time". I agree with you about the tonal thing. I found his two most recent posts to be the sort of stuff a townie would post. Since I am on my way out, I'll defer to you on that. Including that into my reads

Town to scum reads: Regfan, Zachrulez, Antihero, BBT, CES, ika, elk, Psyche, Ank, Cheery.

I honestly could vote any of the final 3, but Cheery is most likely given support behind his wagon and the statistics (which i seem to find myself buying less and less each day)
I'll let Tammy place the vote.
Elk I am having a hard time discerning. I think he is just inexperienced and doesn't know how awkward he sounds when he posts stuff. But then again, I don't get the impression that he is actively scumhunting. It is really a toss up.
Ank is a little sketchy for me because he only started to produce work once pressured and singled out as likely scum. Psyche I think could be the token coasting scum.

I enjoyed playing with you too, Reg. I may play again over the summer when I (supposedly) have more time.
Hope you all will enjoy playing with Tammy. :)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Oversoul »

I really only feel super confident in my top 3 town reads. Everyone else has done some townie things but they also have all done things I absolutely hate and would attribute to scum motivation.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”