Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:04 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 810, sthar8 wrote:Im not done catching up yet pie, but do you have a new question for me?

STHAR

You are calling to 'lynch Thor' but also saying that you aren't caught up with the game, so why are you wasting time focusing on the Q&A session when we are 6 hours from deadline and don't yet have a lynch?

I asked you in my last post to comment on Thor's claim. It's scummy that you are not doing this. If you don't believe the claim, please say so and your reasons why.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:05 am

Post by VysePresident »

VOTE: Trojan

I skimmed the ISOs. Thor looks like a mess. Trojan feels calculated.

If anyone wants to tell me why Thor's supposed to be scum, that'd be nice. I'm heading to bed in the next hour tops, though.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I talked it over with my team and there's a strong preference for a sthar8 lynch, even though this guy has been flying largely under my radar. They do seem supportive of Trojan as a next-best-lynch. I've been on the fence about Trojan for a while, but I'll give my team some credit on this one. Plus, I'm not about to lynch a D1 PR claim.

UNVOTE: Boon

L-1
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:04 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

I'm here. Looks like all of my team's top scumreads have piled onto me, except for the absent Thor. Not surprised.

Delta: it's 5-5 now. Thor and I are both at L-2. If that "L-1" was an attempt to gauge people's reactions... sorry to spoil the game, but we don't have time for games now.

Thor is obviously going to vote for me if he is available, so that leaves Fen and Mala. Any questions you want to ask? I'm around until deadline.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

SK: since my team is convinced that Thor is scum, they saw your recent push against me as attempt to save a scumbuddy. But you've now voted Thor, so that shoots down that idea.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:27 am

Post by DeltaWave »

If anyone wants to flashwagon boon I'd be down with that too.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

I would join a Boon wagon as a last resort, but I don't think it's going to happen. Besides, Thor is much likelier to be scum than Boon. A hider and a bodyguard in the same game? I just don't see it.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:04 am

Post by Malakittens »

Fbalfhjehdd

I have a post written out on my work computer just the bosses came in and I can't hit send. I'm phone posting for a second, but hopefuly they leave before deadline.

Ugh
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 829, Trojan Horse wrote:SK: since my team is convinced that Thor is scum, they saw your recent push against me as attempt to save a scumbuddy. But you've now voted Thor, so that shoots down that idea.

Dunno. It could still be a slight bus. I think SK is likely town so I don't really agree with this push.

In post 830, DeltaWave wrote:If anyone wants to flashwagon boon I'd be down with that too.

This is hilariously anti-town. Like majorly, even if we get the support for it, it's not a good move at all.

In post 831, Trojan Horse wrote:I would join a Boon wagon as a last resort, but I don't think it's going to happen. Besides, Thor is much likelier to be scum than Boon. A hider and a bodyguard in the same game? I just don't see it.

No. A boon wagon at last minute would be scum driven IMO.

I have seen a hider and a BG in the same setup, it's just a large not a mini-normal.

~

Sorry to do this man, but I feel thor is just a riskier lynch due to the pr claim.

;-;
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Overnight I decided I would go with the Trojan lynch. Even though he's still a null read for me, and his wagon are also a bunch of null or weak reads, which makes me inclined to think that Trojan might be town and the wagon is (at least partly) scum driven. But my other hunch is that Thor and Trojan might both be town, and scum are in the players hanging around but not really giving commentary on the wagons (Mala, sthar, one other). And I still think the better long term play would be to let town-Thor confirm jason's alignment before we lynch him. I can understand why that might not be of value to pie though, as she has a strong town-read on jason; but it would help me immensely.

That said, 2 out if 3 of my teammates think Thor is the better lynch. I've been waiting to see which way some of the lurkers wouldgo. Now that most votes have been placed, I'll have a little think and then add mine. (If it's Trojan, I'll ask for a claim first.)
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Fen: I think you can guess what my claim would be. I'm an inch away from being lynched, and deadline is approaching. If I was a power role, I wouldn't keep it hidden THIS long.

Vanilla townie here, obv.

Fen, one thing I ask: don't assume that you have to vote for me because I'm at L-1 and Thor is at L-2. There's still time for someone to change their mind.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Ceph is convinced Trojan is town. I'm not as convinced but I would still much rather lynch Thor.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Fen: if we lynch Thor and he's town, that pretty much confirms that Jason is town. If Jason was scum and Thor was town, Jason would be pushing to lynch Thor right now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Malakittens »

Fench Sthar is voting Thor.

How is that not giving a comment on a stance?

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Egg »

Trojan wrote: A thought I had today: if Jason is scum and Thor is town, Jason's push to lynch me makes no sense. Jason would know that his goose is cooked if Thor survives the day, so he'd push to lynch Thor. (And he wouldn't look scummy for doing so; as has been pointed out, Thor has made a safe claim that he can get away with.) So either Jason is town, or... oh, this BETTER not be the truth... Jason and Thor are BOTH scum. So I'm certainly not going to push against Jason now

Not if scum has a roleblocker and Jason wants to push "don't lynch PR claims" because he claimed bodyguard.

Pie wrote: Egg (in addition to what you said) appears to be voting him bc he doesn't like his reaction to jason's claim - he believes TH feels way too strongly it's false - and he thinks this despite supposedly not believing jason's claim himself is true. this is also conditional around jason being town, again while he doesn't appear to believe the claim. this is a part of why I'm getting bad gut pings from the way the wagons are right now.

My Day 1 reads don't account for associative tells. After Jason or Trojan flips, I'll re-evaluate. This is true for a handful of reads.

Pie wrote: the bolded isn't strictly true. if you fake claim hider as scum and clear a partner, and then get lynched yourself, the other isn't in any way an auto lynch. it's just a shitton of WIFOM regardless of how you attempt to look at it.

Just typed out my arguement against this and realized you're right. The reverse would still be true though. If one of Thor's "clears" flips scum, fingers are going to get pointed at Thor. And still, a hider can be so valuable that lynching someone who claims it Day 1 is a bad idea. Even if you think he's scum, why not let him get some results on the off chance you're wrong and sort him later? And if you are wrong, there's even the chance he dies at night and we don't have to use up a lynch. I'm realizing the more I think about it that hider would be a better fakeclaim than I thought. But that's still no reason to not get any benefit from a possible real hider.

Still to Pie, on my stance on sthar vs Trojan, you might be right. I may have been voting sthar longer than I thought Trojan was scum. I'm not sure. I think it's close. But I don't see how that is relevant to my current read on either unless you are suggesting that I'm scum with sthar which I'd be shocked if you were doing.

On Thor, still to Pie... it's a vibe I get. He seems to be arguing the way he always does. I don't know why, but I didn't feel that early in the game and I do now. Maybe his activity picked up and that's why? I really don't know. He just feels more like Thor now. Even before, the closest thing I ever had to a scum read on him was paranoia. You're acting like I was ready to vote him and that was never close to being true.

Trojan, why does your team think we have four scum in a 13p game?

Delta, if we have enough, I'd flash wagon Boon. Much more confident on him than Trojan.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Fenchurch »

You still didn't need to claim it Trojan,but it's done now.

This is painful because I've been in this position before and CES insisted that our hydra lynch the PR, when the VT turned out to be scum who won the game. And so I'll be so annoyed if CES talks me into lynching the PR again this game, and it's the wrong play again. The difference is that in that game I was pretty damn sure the claimant was town, whereas here, I think the claimant is more likely scum out of the two. But if both are town, then the better play is to lynch the VT.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:42 am

Post by Egg »

If you plan on voting Thor, you still need one vote in addition to yours
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 838, Malakittens wrote:Fench Sthar is voting Thor.

He's not even acknowledged the claim, and has explicitly said that he's not fully caught up on the game. It's normal as a townie to re-evaluate your target when they claim a power role. I'm pretty sure everyone else on the wagon has commented; I want to know sthar's thought process, assuming he's done this.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 841, Egg wrote:If you plan on voting Thor, you still need one vote in addition to yours

Yes, I assume someone would change is necessary, to get a lynch. It's the pro-town thing to do.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 839, Egg wrote:Trojan, why does your team think we have four scum in a 13p game?

:igmeou:

They gave me their lists of top scumreads. What's wrong with having four scumreads when there are only three scum?

Egg wrote:If you plan on voting Thor, you still need one vote in addition to yours

Mala and Delta are around. Either one could change their mind.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Malakittens »

The reason why I'm against flash-lynching anyone is that we have already ran up three people and forced them to claim. We'd be essentially running up a fourth for a barely good reason, possibly cause a no lynch. I have never seen flash-lynching actually be good for the town, on both sites I played on. Not to mention he hasn't claimed so we could be at a risk.

So nonono on flashlynching.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Malakittens »

I made my stance clear. I'm not risking lynching a claimed PR on D1. Too much risk; not much profit (unless thor is scum).

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 842, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 838, Malakittens wrote:Fench Sthar is voting Thor.

He's not even acknowledged the claim, and has explicitly said that he's not fully caught up on the game. It's normal as a townie to re-evaluate your target when they claim a power role. I'm pretty sure everyone else on the wagon has commented; I want to know sthar's thought process, assuming he's done this.

That make sense, I thought he did. I been skimming since work and all. I hate 12 hour days

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Egg »

Trojan, the way you listed it originally looked like you were assuming four. Then again I didn't realize on first glance that micc/vyse was one slot so meh. My bad.

Mala, I forget when but I remember flash wagoning scum right before deadline semi recently.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Less than 1 hour left.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”