TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2598, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2582, TellTaleHeart wrote:Hello mastin.
Anti's wondering why you're not sheeping the vote he's endorsing if you're townreading this slot so hard.
Mainly because Marquis is a much weaker read and I'm not sure who I want to lynch.

...Okay, I know who I WANT to lynch (singer, DV), but I'm not sure who I want to AGREE to lynching. (Who I bargain with, essentially.)

To be perfectly honest, it's looking like today's heading towards an Esp lynch (not the happiest about that), secondary choices being Dan, Aronis, and
maybe
Marquis. I'll support any of those. I'll try to unify the town in their stronger reads, work together in bringing stuff together where it most matters. But none of them will make me happy. Not Marquis, not Aronis, not Dan, maybe not even Esp.

So you won't play ball with me here? Even if I've got Anti's blessing? I'd kind of like to know why. I'd also kind of like to know why Dan and Aronis show up on your "would lynch" list.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

DV, it would be great if you could share a few details of that Marquis read now. TIA
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by Marquis »

doesn't really mean much when you guys are probscum

also it feels like everyone else or at least everyone who matters is only townreading you guys for the antispeak filtered into townantispeak from you

more later tonight
link in bio
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I'd really like to try to see you back that up.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

*see you try

Don't judge me.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Marquis »

also the whole "i'm not giving a read on marquis right now but i'll just say anti's scumreading him for reasons a town!anti would know are bullshit and a scum!anti would take advantage of so i can leave a marquis option open and then not take as much of the heat for should the lynch somehow miraculously happen"
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Marquis »

also it feels like time for an honesty hour so i'm just going to say while my feelings about a tth lynch mellowed a lot more quickly than expected especially bc of tammy bringing up the antispeak back there to look at it again i'm still feeling infinitely more "meh" about actually going through with any other of the major wagons and this feels like the only scumtrail i have that actually has a chance of being right
link in bio
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Here's where I am with the reads list.

Town: Cheetory6, Oversoul, Titus (*ETL), T S O, Vezokpiraka
Town(ish): Actiondan, ChannelDelibird, Espeonage, Gammagooey, GuyinFreezer, singersigner

Somewhere in between: Aronis, Bulbazak, Deasvail (*Antihero), Mastin2 (*Antihero and ETL), Shadoweh

Would Vote: Marquis, Untrod Tripod
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2605, Marquis wrote:also the whole "i'm not giving a read on marquis right now but i'll just say anti's scumreading him for reasons a town!anti would know are bullshit and a scum!anti would take advantage of so i can leave a marquis option open and then not take as much of the heat for should the lynch somehow miraculously happen"

In post 2606, Marquis wrote:also it feels like time for an honesty hour so i'm just going to say while my feelings about a tth lynch mellowed a lot more quickly than expected especially bc of tammy bringing up the antispeak back there to look at it again i'm still feeling infinitely more "meh" about actually going through with any other of the major wagons and this feels like the only scumtrail i have that actually has a chance of being right

Are you drunk?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Marquis, the read is both of our reads and I've given my side of it without the meta that Antihero is referring to so saying that I'm withholding my own reasons and hiding behind Anti is bullshit.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Marquis »

i really feel like i should want to make a case but 1) lazy 2) when i made cases as scum in doa they were all right and so maybe that means if i make a case here it'll just add to the downward spiral of my read accuracy with how much more wrong i'm growing to feel about this and
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Marquis »

how do you make a case when you don't even know if you believe in it anymore

how do you play when you have literally have no experience you can remember of being both town AND right about something

how do you find the time to get away from mafia and just hope everything will be okay again when you get back
link in bio
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

That "are you drunk" is now not sarcastic anymore.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2093, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2056, fferyllt wrote:
@Gamma

Nacho wants to know what the fuck that singer vote was. he's calling it garbage.

best way to describe it is probably that singer feels like she's trying to display her emotions as much as possible to get read as town for how she's reacting to the things happening around her. it doesn't feel like she's legitimately suspicious of anyone - just that she's bouncing off everything that's been happening.

granted, i could see her potentially doing it as town because of her playstyle whereas most of the playerlist doing something like that I would probably go completely berserk on getting them lynched, I just think that it's still more likely to be coming from her as scum than town.

Ok I'm back on a computer so I was actually able to go back and look for this, which I think is the most substantial post Gamma's made about his scumread on me (the previous one said "skeeved out" which I don't know how to respond to. >_>

In any case, he's not wrong! That is basically exactly what I've been doing, mostly because I had a hefty job replacing in, but also because I tend to be a lot more passive these days. My main goal is to ask questions, and interpret answers to get the best feel for any game I play. He's interpreting it incorrectly, but I can't really do anything about the facts of how I play. I'm just legitimately surprising he's interpreting it the way he is, which is why I interrogated him about his follow-up meta arguments.

@Gamma...your particular insistence that I give a specific read on you "gut to my head" felt like you genuinely thought I was scum and wanted to force me to let down my ability to waffle on you until maybe a wagon on you started or it didn't. You're right that you could probably fake that as town, but your continued effort/real-time talk with me attempting to paint me in a negative light seems a fruitless effort as scum after Ffery suggested she and Nacho were slightly scumreading you because they were townreading me.

@Titus...you're right, I know BBT doesn't really do meta, but if feels regardless of that, the only real reason anyone's scumreading me right now is because of the way I'm posting?? Which is tried and true just the way I post (I'd like to think as both town and scum, but I digress). It feels weird that no one's really addressing any depth to their read of me, particularly Mastin, who still refuses to acknowledge me, despite agreeing not to lynch me yet for Ffery's sake.

How can you personally say you share a disdain for meta when you're using it to read people in this very game?

And if any of my confident town reads were under fire, I would stick my neck out for them. I can't just...make something up...

@Mastin...I replaced into Quickness (another rather large game at the time), had very little interaction with Anti, and ended up losing the game in lylo...why do you think Anti "not wanting singersigner back" means anything? This kind of jab is terrible. :roll: (oh look! singer discrediting yet another backhanded jab at her! how scummy!)

@TTH...are you at all in fear of getting lynched today?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2524, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 2521, singersigner wrote:I'm proxying my vote to Nacho.

The hell I'm already doing that so you can keep your vote

You're proxying to Ffery!
I'm proxying to Nacho!

This means we're
actually
more likely to actually get a lynch through regardless of who it's on. Yay!

I've considered refusing to post until people decide on a lynch to prevent this game from getting any longer unless it was to join the wagon, but I decided against it. People are still wrong about me so that needs to stop.

Still waiting on mollie's thoughts about me.

I like tomatoes.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: Espeonage

Singer's recent posts seem alright and I like the people on the espeonage wagon getter than the singer one. And this way the day might end sooner.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

Spoiler: EBWOP
In post 2613, singersigner wrote:
In post 2093, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2056, fferyllt wrote:
@Gamma

Nacho wants to know what the fuck that singer vote was. he's calling it garbage.

best way to describe it is probably that singer feels like she's trying to display her emotions as much as possible to get read as town for how she's reacting to the things happening around her. it doesn't feel like she's legitimately suspicious of anyone - just that she's bouncing off everything that's been happening.

granted, i could see her potentially doing it as town because of her playstyle whereas most of the playerlist doing something like that I would probably go completely berserk on getting them lynched, I just think that it's still more likely to be coming from her as scum than town.

Ok I'm back on a computer so I was actually able to go back and look for this, which I think is the most substantial post Gamma's made about his scumread on me (the previous one said "skeeved out" which I don't know how to respond to. >_>

In any case, he's not wrong! That is basically exactly what I've been doing, mostly because I had a hefty job replacing in, but also because I tend to be a lot more passive these days. My main goal is to ask questions, and interpret answers to get the best feel for any game I play. He's interpreting it incorrectly, but I can't really do anything about the facts of how I play. I'm just legitimately surprising he's interpreting it the way he is, which is why I interrogated him about his follow-up meta arguments.

@Gamma...your particular insistence that I give a specific read on you "gut to my head" felt like you genuinely thought I was scum and wanted to force me to let down my ability to waffle on you until maybe a wagon on you started or it didn't. You're right that you could probably fake that as town, but your continued effort/real-time talk with me attempting to paint me in a negative light seems a fruitless effort as scum after Ffery suggested she and Nacho were slightly scumreading you because they were townreading me.

@Titus...you're right, I know BBT doesn't really do meta, but if feels regardless of that, the only real reason anyone's scumreading me right now is because of the way I'm posting?? Which is tried and true just the way I post (I'd like to think as both town and scum, but I digress). It feels weird that no one's really addressing any depth to their read of me, particularly Mastin, who still refuses to acknowledge me, despite agreeing not to lynch me yet for Ffery's sake.

How can you personally say you share a disdain for meta when you're using it to read people in this very game?

And if any of my confident town reads were under fire, I would stick my neck out for them. I can't just...make something up...

@Mastin...I replaced into Quickness (another rather large game at the time), had very little interaction with Anti, and ended up losing the game in lylo...why do you think Anti "not wanting singersigner back" means anything? This kind of jab is terrible. :roll: (oh look! singer discrediting yet another backhanded jab at her! how scummy!)

@TTH...are you at all in fear of getting lynched today?

"but your continued effort/real-time talk with me attempting to paint me in a negative light seems a fruitless effort as scum" this is supposed to mean that
if you were scum
you would purposefully be painting me in a bad light which seems like a fruitless effort, so it feels more like town who is legitimately trying to parse me out, and failed to do so.

I like tomatoes.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2567, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 2533, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2526, fferyllt wrote:
have you played with vezok much?

A few times. L4D was where I learned how good his reads could be, mainly based off of what Mastin said in post. I think I played at least two more times with Vezok after that, and I correctly town read him each time. His reads were also pretty good and tended to align with mine, or at least not severely clash with them. Here, I'm having a hard time getting that same feeling, and I don't know if it's just me or if there's really something missing.

In L4D you correctly identified me as town even though my reads where all over the place.
In Marvel Alliance you town read me and we synced up pretty well.
Organic chemistry had me as confirmed town so that doesn't count.
And you were scum in playing card mafia so there was no way we could sync reads.

I agree that you townread me correctly in L4D and MA.
Our reads only synced up in MA.

I really don't understand why you're trying to push this vezok-scum scenario by using meta.

I had no clue how to read you in L4D. In fact, I think I was even leaning scum, and Mastin talked me into a townread (she was scum, but still). That's how I learned how to read you in all the other games. For Marvel and Organic, it was easy to see town you, and even though you were conf. town by the time I replaced in, a read of the thread made it obvious to me anyhow. As for Playing Card, I mimicked what my read on you would have been as town, because you were playing in the same manner. Just because I was scum does not mean I wasn't trying to approach my fake reads in a similar manner. The fact is that I'm not seeing town you in this game, and I don't know if it's because I'm off in terms of Vezok play, or if there is actually something there.

Here's a question: Why did you abandon TTH, who was your strongest scumread, to jump on the Aronis wagon with me, who was another scumread of yours?

@Ffery: How is Vezok's behavior matching with his town meta, particularly that last part I brought up?

In post 2572, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2520, Bulbazak wrote:@Mastin: I don't know if you have or not, but can you walk me through your DeasVail scum read?
Aside from TTH's rock-solid reasons?

This is Tales-DV. A DV who is doing his damnedest to look like his town self and has successfully done so in the eyes of most major players, but who is still visibly manipulating things to me. His thoughts simply do not look organic. At all. They're meant to look good. They aren't ACTUALLY good.

I didn't play in Tales, and I have no interest in reading it. Please be a bit more specific.

In post 2574, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2454, Bulbazak wrote:@GIF: Short version: The way she treated Empire's replace in does not come from scum. She examined it from a point of trying to figure out the game, which comes from town.

Ok, the thing is that I probably wouldn't be so concerned about her if it weren't for the way she treated Empire's replace-in. Her stances on the slot have all felt kind of wrong to me, with her wanting to lynch Zar, getting very hands-off when it came to Empire and not seeming to want him lynched, and then when singer replaced in BAM! suddenly the slot is lynchable again! It seems to me a lot like scum changing their read based on how lynchable the person representing it is (singer and zar being a lot more lynchable than Empire imo) rather than a natural progression of read from town. I know you're saying you have reason beyond this to consider her town, but I wouldn't be opposed to you convincing me I'm wrong here.

It's not going to happen, at least not in connection with that quote.

In post 2574, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2465, Bulbazak wrote:I really liked his early game, and whenever he posts, I still get the same sort of warm fuzzies. I just have a hard time seeing that sort of thought process coming from scum. His activity is atrocious, but it always is, and that's not a reason to scumread him.

This is weird coming from you considering your criticism of me for something similar.

Why? AD didn't try to buddy me, so I'm not seeing the similarities.

In post 2575, Oversoul wrote:
I do think Singer is town and wonder why so many people think otherwise given Empire and Singer's posts. :?

Did you even read the Singer/Gamma back and forth? Singer was dancing all over the place and avoiding a very simple question. There was way too much double speak there to be coming from town.

In post 2581, GuyInFreezer wrote:
@Bulba: Can you link me your singer-case again? I don't see how singer has a scum-mindset.

I don't think I ever made a singer case per se. I can try putting together the reasons why I think she's scum, but it'll probably be tomorrow at the earliest. I just can't see how you think she's town after her avoidance of Gamma.

In post 2588, GuyInFreezer wrote:ika says titus is being too obscure for him to figure out. Also he says if we told you we would have to kill you :P
Also ika wants you to tell him why you think titus is town.

Didn't Ika have a Titus townread?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Forgot about this:

In post 2614, singersigner wrote:

I've been letting Mollie deal with her own stuff for a bit. I'll try bothering her again tomorrow.

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2618, Bulbazak wrote:Forgot about this:

In post 2614, singersigner wrote:

I've been letting Mollie deal with her own stuff for a bit. I'll try bothering her again tomorrow.

She's had time to comment on several other things in this game so far (within the last couple of days, I might add), but not the person you're voting/scumreading?

Especially me? :(

I like tomatoes.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Fferylt, now that Thor and Llmarble are dead could you have them give their opinions on this game? Specifically, CDB, UT, TellTale, and Mastin?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 60 (Major Day 1, VC 22)

(6)
Espeonage:
ChannelDelibird, vezorpiraka, Cheetory6, Untrod Tripod, ActionDan, Aronis [L-4]
(3)
singersigner:
Gammagooey, Bulbazak, Titus
(Aronis)

(2)
TellTaleHeart:
Oversoul, Marquis
(2)
Marquis:
TellTaleHeart, Espeonage
(2)
ActionDan:
DeasVail, singersigner
(1)
ChannelDelibird:
Shadoweh

(3)
Not Voting:
T S O, GuyInFreezer, mastin2
(ActionDan)

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)

Oversoul is V/LA until April 18th.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

@Singer: I relayed your questions to her, but she hasn't responded yet. Most of her focus seemed to be getting me to reach out to Ffery. Other than that, she's been a bit preoccupied with another matter. I've been giving her some breathing room to sort her crap out.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2599, GuyInFreezer wrote:mastin
is pie following your game
Nope, just me in here.

There's been TALK from my team of, "Hey, I might be able to view your game later", but they never actually follow through, the slackers. :P

In post 2600, TellTaleHeart wrote:So you won't play ball with me here?
...That post was explicitly me saying I might be willing to play ball?

It's just that, well, y'see, I have this fear of balls, instilled in me from playing soccer...... :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2613, singersigner wrote:I replaced into Quickness (another rather large game at the time), had very little interaction with Anti, and ended up losing the game in lylo...why do you think Anti "not wanting singersigner back" means anything? This kind of jab is terrible. :roll: (oh look! singer discrediting yet another backhanded jab at her! how scummy!)
Actually...yes, it is.

The expression, "X called, they want their Y back" means that Y is being shown, when it is something shown from the past.
"Game called, they want their player back" means that the player is showing the same stuff they did in that prior game.
e.g. 'Tales called, they want their DeasVail back'.

When I said, "Incidentally, Quickness is NOT calling for singer back", that was a not-so-subtle jab. "Quickness called, they want their singer back" would be me saying that you're town like you were there, so it stands to reason that Quickness
not
calling for you back means you're NOT town here.

And there's no way I can see a player not understanding this. It's rather self-explanatory.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”