RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Muffin 96 wrote:for example, we could have the wagon as normal but when it reaches L-3 or L-2 the next votes are just FoS such that if the person reaches lynch via those FoS votes, we organise the wagon in such a way that we can achieve this... or other similar methods of achieving the same result

it's antitown to refuse, so unless you're scum or a knobhead, you'd agree to this for the overall good of the game

I think that's wishful thinking. I'm going to be honest, I won't vote for someone I don't think is scum. Period. I don't care if you think that makes me a knobhead or what, but I won't do it. Maybe I'm overestimating how independent players are (which I have been known to do), but it seems counterintuitive to rely on people just submitting to another person's will because they claim it's for the good of the town.

---

lalala 100 wrote:Ah, I see you joined in 2008. Did you see when I joined?
What kind of exceptionally significant things do you expect from me at this point?

Gross. Come on, lalala, a newbie card? I'm not expecting anything of you except to honestly tell us what's going through your mind when you read these posts. If your best contribution to the game is "It's RVS... what does a No Lynch do???", then I argue you're not being very honest. Either you didn't take the time to actually read what Gaiden was doing with his vote, or you were giving me fake frustration.

lalala 100 wrote:but here's my take; with this strategy the power of townies is minimised. Demons get to kill whichever innocent people they like each night. Town doesn't get to lynch who they think is a demon. To me, it seems like a better option to take the chance and lynch the most suspicious candidate - at least there's a chance we'll get the right one.

Bingo. This is what I wanted to see from right off the bat, not the half-assed "what does no lynch do???" crap. I'm worried that it took my poking at you to get this out of you, but I'm glad it came out.

UNVOTE: lalaladucks

---

Sakura 105 wrote:@RC: So do you agree that mollie is likely to have replaced out from a scum role PM? I don't really understand your stance there

Eh, moreso that I can't fault someone for going that direction. I would not vote based on this personally, no. I think it's a great opening for discussion, however.

---

lalala 106 wrote:
We have slightly more than four pages. It's great if you guys can ascertain who's scum from that, but I can't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More newbie card playing. Dislike this.

---

SXTLH 112 wrote:even if we don't do all the no lynches, i still think we should no lynch D1
it minimizes the number of sinning townies.

This is not good enough. Muffin gave you a serious retort. You should confront him as to why this is a good idea.

SXTLH 115 wrote:hahaha, i found a rules loophole that FG had to fix.
LOL

You're starting to rub me the wrong way. I don't think it's a scum thing though, just your personality is annoying me somewhat... :/

SXTLH 153 wrote:At worst, he leaves us sinners and goes with the Angel.

Why are you not addressing Muffin? At first I thought you were just goofing around and were going to get around to it eventually... but all these posts are piling up and you're not taking him seriously at all. I wouldn't care about this except for the fact that you're still pushing the idea of a no lynch today. You need to sell that and that entails arguing with Muffin because he's the foremost critic of your plan thusfar.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 200, RedCoyote wrote:More newbie card playing. Dislike this.

Me too actually, but i don't think he's scum.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by grapes »

Lala feels genuine with their contributions. Over-eager, fluffy and redundant at times but that's not inherently scummy.

I'm not gonna waste my time trying to sort AA9 yet. Same for Katsuki but I'd like more from them in particular, might make it easier.

In post 200, RedCoyote wrote:
lalala 100 wrote:but here's my take; with this strategy the power of townies is minimised. Demons get to kill whichever innocent people they like each night. Town doesn't get to lynch who they think is a demon. To me, it seems like a better option to take the chance and lynch the most suspicious candidate - at least there's a chance we'll get the right one.

Bingo. This is what I wanted to see from right off the bat, not the half-assed "what does no lynch do???" crap. I'm worried that it took my poking at you to get this out of you, but I'm glad it came out.

UNVOTE: lalaladucks

Why'd you back down here of all places?

Pretty much a reworded consensus of the setup spec so far.

@everyone not voting, how come?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 122, grapes wrote:
In post 114, Elbirn wrote:What even is this

A scum read.

On that note do you happen to have any of your own? You seem content so far putting most of you energy into speculating why mollie replaced out. Which at the end of the day is wifom..

Yes but a scumread based on what? All you said in that post was that her posts "don't resonate with you", and not only am I not hip to your jive, but whatever that means, it seems to be quite lacking in substance. It's just "I don't like their posts" without any reasoning, and it struck me as odd. Your above quoted post elaborates on this however, so we kewl.

Do I have any scumreads? Not really. I've found that I'm pretty terrible at scumhunting, so I'm trying to townhunt instead. So far Equinox, Muffin, and Gaiden are town.

If you were to put a gun to my head and demand scumreads, I'd say that Katsuki isn't looking good so far. ISO him/her, it's all either trying to lynch AA for some indiscernible reason, or fluff. Lufan is likewise pretty much no content yet high posts. And I liked what you had to say about Sakura.

As for that Mollie comment, that's not what WIFOM is, and I think it's kinda crappy to try to discredit a line of thought with buzzwords. Do you not think that the Mollie replace out is noteworthy?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 202, grapes wrote:

(Idk who scum is yet. I could eeny meeny minny moe someone right now, but I really wanna go play Mortal Kombat right now / read this thread and vote tomorrow.)
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 184, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 181, lalaladucks wrote:Sakura why are you bringing this up again? Do you legitamitely believe I'm scum because I asked RC to see that I joined a couple months ago?

Because i wanted to see Gaiden's motives and whether they aligned with what he was preaching.

And what conclusions did you gather? Did Gaiden's motives fit with what he's saying?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 205, lalaladucks wrote:And what conclusions did you gather? Did Gaiden's motives fit with what he's saying?

Well i can actually picture him truly not reading your quote and sticking to his guns on no lynching as town, so, while i didnt get much info from his answer, at least it was an answer i'd expect Gaiden to make.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 202, grapes wrote:

Don't have any reads strong enough to justify a vote yet.
Rather than nitpicking I think I'll wait to see if anything interesting arises.
If not, I may have to be more punctilious.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 206, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 205, lalaladucks wrote:And what conclusions did you gather? Did Gaiden's motives fit with what he's saying?

Well i can actually picture him truly not reading your quote and sticking to his guns on no lynching as town, so, while i didnt get much info from his answer, at least it was an answer i'd expect Gaiden to make.

How many games have you and Gaiden played together?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 208, lalaladucks wrote:How many games have you and Gaiden played together?

Too many to count, if i take a wild guess more than 5 or maybe even more than 7
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Ah, thanks :D
I'll look through a couple now.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

I see why you were so bothered by my mentioning newbness.
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:34 am

Post by lufan131 »

In post 212, lalaladucks wrote:I see why you were so bothered by my mentioning newbness.

That happened to me, except in reverse kinda often. It still does, but not as much. "He's too newb and lurks too much to be town" Within 4 minutes of day one sometimes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:09 am

Post by RedCoyote »

grapes 202 wrote:Why'd you back down here of all places?

Prior to this, she was just rattling off general strategy. "Why no lynch? No lynch doesn't help us." That wasn't acceptable. Gaiden was voting no lynch for a specific reason. Now that she took the time to say, "okay, I see why you are voting NL, let me disagree with that because of X", I'm better with her for now.

Additionally, if she would've dug her heels in and continued down the track of, "no lynch doesn't help us" without taking the time to see that this specific setup/mechanic constituted that vote, then I would've left my vote on her.

I'll VOTE: lufan131 though because I should have a vote down. I'm still a bit confused about what went through his mind during the mollie situation. If he wasn't aware that Glass replaced mollie, then why did he vote Glass to begin with? His Glass vote doesn't make sense to me in either case. The question in goes out of it's way to be too cutesy, I guess. No idea what the implication is otherwise. Aside from that, the whole AA9 confirmed thing is a bit over-the-top.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:14 am

Post by Katsuki »

you started the whole aa9.confirmed thing = =

also why does this feel like an everyone try their best moi inpersonation game?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:16 am

Post by lufan131 »

In post 214, RedCoyote wrote:
grapes 202 wrote:Why'd you back down here of all places?

Prior to this, she was just rattling off general strategy. "Why no lynch? No lynch doesn't help us." That wasn't acceptable. Gaiden was voting no lynch for a specific reason. Now that she took the time to say, "okay, I see why you are voting NL, let me disagree with that because of X", I'm better with her for now.

Additionally, if she would've dug her heels in and continued down the track of, "no lynch doesn't help us" without taking the time to see that this specific setup/mechanic constituted that vote, then I would've left my vote on her.

I'll VOTE: lufan131 though because I should have a vote down. I'm still a bit confused about what went through his mind during the mollie situation. If he wasn't aware that Glass replaced mollie, then why did he vote Glass to begin with? His Glass vote doesn't make sense to me in either case. The question in goes out of it's way to be too cutesy, I guess. No idea what the implication is otherwise. Aside from that, the whole AA9 confirmed thing is a bit over-the-top.

Yeah, I wan't aware, until someone laid it out to me. I also tried to do that for emphasis, but I get how it seems cutesy.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Kat 215 wrote:you started the whole aa9.confirmed thing = =

also why does this feel like an everyone try their best moi inpersonation game?

:?:

I haven't addressed AA9 yet this game.

Also, who is impersonating you? There ain't no one as vague and unpredictable as you.

---

lufan 216 wrote:Yeah, I wan't aware, until someone laid it out to me. I also tried to do that for emphasis, but I get how it seems cutesy.

Are you missing the foundation of my vote though? Why did you vote Glass if you weren't aware?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:21 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I think I know the actual answer to that question, btw. I just want to see what lufan has to say for himself.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:24 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hey, and look out. Last time I hammered Kat we lost the game. :(
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:39 am

Post by lufan131 »

Until I read farside, and checked the player list. Then I figured it out, by checking dates. Once I knew, I voted. I waited until then, and a random vote had no purpose anyway.
(How many times will I have to say this...)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:51 am

Post by farside22 »

Catching up on the phone so this is just general thoughts I'm posting that may read as gibberish.

Equinox is town, like his follow through and questions

I don't like glass post 30 I didn't see an issue with lul's response that warranted a vote. Plus Equinox never explained his reasoning.

Noting Kats response about mollies replacing out elsewhere. I didn't note it when I searched her.

Gaiden' town

I was liking suk till post 59. In post 49 he said that gaiden had an idea similar to him but in 59 he thinks gaid might be scum because of his plan. If the plan is similar why is it that gaiden maybe scum and what does he gain for suggesting the idea that is ill thought out?

God lala post 70 is so wishy washy I just want to vote her right now.

I lol'ed at kats different between wotc and turbo lynch.
Put kats in town pile

Aa post 77 is worthless fluff post

So far with muffin all I see is talking stragety. Note to keep an eye on him.

@rc: are you voting lala for not being caught up? If so how is that scummy?

Stopped on top of page 5, will finish later today.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Why do people still think i scumread Gaiden because of the plan, I scumread him because of the fact that he brought a plan and decided to no lycnh which didnt sit well with what i know of Gaiden to begin with. Like, i thought that'd be obvious but I guess not. The "I don't know if his plan has ill intent or not" was mostly a reference to him being scum wanting to form a plan that would hurt town, which I only noticed after Gaiden's discussion with muffin.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:45 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Gaiden's plan came about since gaiden thought "How fun would it be to completely remove a scum win con?"
i actually hadn't done any analysis on how it would actually play out.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 222, Sakura Hana wrote:Why do people still think i scumread Gaiden because of the plan, I scumread him because of the fact that he brought a plan and decided to no lycnh which didnt sit well with what i know of Gaiden to begin with. Like, i thought that'd be obvious but I guess not. The "I don't know if his plan has ill intent or not" was mostly a reference to him being scum wanting to form a plan that would hurt town, which I only noticed after Gaiden's discussion with muffin.

If the plan is to no lynch and create no sin for scum to kill why would voting no lynch not make sense.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”