Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

OkaPoka wrote:
In post 614, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 610, Randomnamechange wrote:Tbh there is very little going on today and in my opinion big wagons hrlp generate content.

soooooooooooo...

Don't remember. Sorry but I'm legitimately not sure.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

can u explain why you are voting me now?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

UNVOTE:
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sorry for lack of stuff. Should be around tomorrow night.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:35 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 653, Aristophanes wrote:Sorry for lack of stuff. Should be around tomorrow night.

Ditto. Busy Saturday. Will try to post content tomorrow. Specifically a response to Wicked.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:36 am

Post by massive »

We now have 9 days to lynch. We're getting hung up attacking non-players and scum are happy to let the conversation die.

Monkeyman576(7): FA_Q2, Wickedestjr, OkaPoka, Saul Goode, vikingfan,
Slandaar
, havingfitz

Gotta figure that this isn't all town. If Oka is scum, then two of his buddies aren't on his wagon, so there's at least one more scum on Monkey's wagon. Who is it?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: vikingfan
case tomorrow.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:43 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 656, Randomnamechange wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: vikingfan
case tomorrow.

Did i do something that caused you to unvote?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:50 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

How about the fact that he said case tomarrow...

It is hard to post anything as there is noting to comment on. Something needs to get this game going and I dont know how.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 647, Formerfish wrote:I don't think that my votes specifically are based on activity in the way that you are saying. My vote on Oka had reasoning behind it, you could just disagree with those reasons. My vote on Rando is for reasons other than activity as well. You try to make it seem like these are both only attempts at policy lynching slots based on inactivity and a general lack of give a fuck from those slots. I would like to think that the slots are acting in such a way that there are easily seen scum motivations behind their play right now. Who do you have on those wagons voting for policy lynches?

Firstly, I don't think I ever used the word 'activity' when describing the cases against Oka and random. If I did, then I didn't mean to. I get the impression that the cases revolve around lack of contribution/care. Yes, you and others have given multiple reasons for voting Oka, but they all seem to revolve around the same unconvincing/irrelevant theme. The only outlier that I noticed is this;
Formerfish wrote:Then there is the attitude. It reeks of caught scum trying to give as little away as possible.

...which is really ambiguous and you've given no evidence for it.

In post 648, Saul Goode wrote:@Wicked - I agree with this statement, fwiw:
In post 647, Formerfish wrote:I feel like you are slightly misrepping the reasons people are voting the slots that they are.

For me it's more of a poe thing and strength of Town reads.

I don't think that's enough to put someone at L-1 on day 2.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 655, massive wrote:We now have 9 days to lynch. We're getting hung up attacking non-players and scum are happy to let the conversation die.

Slandaar
, havingfitz

Gotta figure that this isn't all town. If Oka is scum, then two of his buddies aren't on his wagon, so there's at least one more scum on Monkey's wagon. Who is it?

What do
you
think?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Iknal »

Sorry for the time away guys I am back. I will put up a vote count t as soon as I get home.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by vikingfan »

In post 645, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 639, vikingfan wrote:
In post 636, OkaPoka wrote:viking...

I don't think you ever listed me as scum so your point to havingfitz doesn't make sense.

I haven't, yet, but you've been a main candidate so far and wicked has listed you as a scum candidate before. When I was asking, it wasn't a reflection of how I felt about you, it was a reflection of how wicked felt about you. Make sense?

I have never listed Oka as a scum candidate. In fact, he is one of the few players (if not, the only player) that I have consistently town read.

Hmm, after reviewing your ISO, in post #437, you note that oka is a very weak town read but also acknowledge that oka would be a very informative lynch. Do you still believe this?

In post 646, Wickedestjr wrote:Oka is probably town and this recently-formed wagon on random is even worse. Can we vote somebody for something
other
than lack of contribution? I
still
get the impression that these wagons revolve around contribution-levels. Sorry, but I don't sign up for mafia games to policy lynch. We are currently pursuing null tells that towns chase after in virtually
every game
that I've played... Maybe that's why everyone's so bored. Oka and random clearly don't care about racking up town points. Let's go after something more interesting, like vikingfan's interest in my Monkey-case only after he helped with the mislynch:
In post 565, Wickedestjr wrote:
vikingfan wrote:Because I was A, interested in hearing your responses to massive's questions and B, interested in getting input from the players who haven't chimed in yet on day 2 of the game (now day 3).

You were interested in hearing my response to massive's questions about my vote for Monkey?

Huh...

You didn't seem interested when you made this post:
In post 495, vikingfan wrote:UNVOTE: I can get on board with a monkey lynch, I'm not a fan of the oka wagon or the people on it. VOTE: monkey. Posting from my phone so if this looks strange that's why.

Vote: vikingfan

Any particular reason for this? Or is it simply this previous post?

In post 565, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 543, vikingfan wrote:This I don't understand. If you would have been happy to unvote until Monkey claimed, then why didn't you? you could have easily said that you were waiting until he claimed.

I didn't un-vote because a.) I wasn't expecting havingfitz to hammer and b.) un-voting can be seen as false expression of doubt, even if I make it clear that I'm just waiting for a claim.

vikingfan wrote:Because I was A, interested in hearing your responses to massive's questions and B, interested in getting input from the players who haven't chimed in yet on day 2 of the game (now day 3).

You were interested in hearing my response to massive's questions about my vote for Monkey?

Huh...

You didn't seem interested when you made this post:
In post 495, vikingfan wrote:UNVOTE: I can get on board with a monkey lynch, I'm not a fan of the oka wagon or the people on it. VOTE: monkey. Posting from my phone so if this looks strange that's why.

To start with, I don't get your claim that you weren't expecting havingfitz to hammer. You yourself specifically said it was all up to havingfitz to vote, havingfitz noted RL reasons why he had to hammer soon. What exactly did you expect to happen? When players reference R/L events, I tend to believe them unless given pressing reason otherwise and I haven't seen it this game. also, you can specifiy that you're watiing for a claim when you unvote and people can take it as they will. plus, a little later, you note that you wouldn't have believed a power role claim anyway so obviously a claim didn't matter to you at all.

and I'm interested in hearing different people's reactions, especially since there's so little going on.

As for random, I'm not impressed by a vote with a promise of a case, I'll wait to see what your case is before I can rebut anything.
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by Iknal »

Vote Count 2.3
OkaPoka(1): Kelbris
randomidget(4): massive, Formerfish, Saul Goode, vikingfan,
vikingfan(2): Wickedestjr, randomidget

Not voting: havingfitz, Aristophanes, FA_Q2, OkaPoka

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Searching for a replacement for Kelbris

Deadline on 28/4/15 1900 UTC+10.
(expired on 2015-04-28 19:00:00)
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:42 am

Post by Formerfish »

Going into work now, I'll be round tonight.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I work until 7 EST tonight. If I see no case from Random I will be putting him at L-1 at that point.

I also am going to look into Massive again.
I've been a bit tunnelly of late and am trying to break out of that.
- Jingle
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 am

Post by massive »

In post 660, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 655, massive wrote:We now have 9 days to lynch. We're getting hung up attacking non-players and scum are happy to let the conversation die.

Slandaar
, havingfitz

What do
you
think?

Well, I was hoping to start some actual discussion that I could read when I get back in on Monday (I'm usually just on the periphery on the weekend) but apparently no one else thought it was interesting. Right now I think it's Saul but it could also be FA. I have you and fitz penciled in as town and am leaning town on vikingfan so it could be some amount of POE.

Since I'm in the office today and not at home, I don't have TV to distract me. As long as the Avengers Alliance daily mission isn't something good, I should be able to go back and ISO as many people as possible.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:06 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...I'm trying to catch up on all the content that has accumulated over the last week or so.[/sarcasm]

So anyway...I'll start from the newest stuff and work my way back until I think stuff is no longer relevant.

are you talking about random Idget's vote on Oka when you say "it's not enough to put someone at L-1 on D2? If so...does that do anything to your opinion of random Idgit? (aside from the fact he's in you stand by group of suspects)

I'm as big a fan of vote analysis as the next guy but what you are suggesting in this post is crap (no offense). Common sense alone dictates there is 1 or more scum on Monkey's wagon. But even so...your conjecture about Oka being scum serving as an indicator that there's at least "one more scum on Monkey's wagon" is of no help, and in fact makes me wonder what your point actually is. You are willing to raise suspicions on the Monkey wagon based on the presumption that Oka is scum...yet you are not voting Oka....and you are not voting anyone in the group (i.e. Monkey's wagon) that the "at least one more" consists of. So you are staying away from the 33% chance or better odds of hitting scum that you bring up and instead go for the 20% or less chance of hitting scum off the Monkey wagon. (25% or less if you discount yourself). Either way, you're opting for the less attractive situation that you yourself are bringing up. And that's not counting the possibility that all presumed three scum could be on Monkey's wagon. And more importantly...it ignores the possibility that Oka is town (I hope not) in which case scum could be anywhere...in any number or either wagon.

Catch up intermission.....I suspect Oka. I do not like Oka's play on either day. He was a significant counterwagon to Monkey. His flip, if town, provides more info than any other potential mislynch as would his flip as scum. If he is town his VT claim makes him a minimal casualty. I don't want him in LYLO (something I bet scum would love). That said...I really do not like random Idget any better. It is a complete toss up for me between the two of them. I do think an Oka flip provides more info (and hope of hitting scum)...so I'll

VOTE: Oka

but I could easily change over to random. Who is currently at L-2 btw.

More catch up later....sorry...phone posting, work, RL are slowing me down.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:09 am

Post by massive »

In post 667, havingfitz wrote:I'm as big a fan of vote analysis as the next guy but what you are suggesting in this post is crap (no offense).

I'm horrible at vote analysis which is why I wanted to raise the discussion. And make no mistake, that is what this was, an attempt to spur discussion, which is sorely needed in this game if we are going to have any chance to win. Sadly, I couldn't even get actual responses from the active players -- I get a "no what do YOU think" and a lambasting of the mere suggestion of discussing it.

In post 667, havingfitz wrote:Common sense alone dictates there is 1 or more scum on Monkey's wagon. But even so...your conjecture about Oka being scum serving as an indicator that there's at least "one more scum on Monkey's wagon" is of no help, and in fact makes me wonder what your point actually is.

The point is this:

1. If Oka is SCUM then there aren't two scum on his wagon. Hence, it is very likely that one non-Oka scum is on Monkey's wagon.
2. If Oka is TOWN then it is still likely that there is scum on Monkey's wagon, and it's not Oka.

Either way, we are ignoring Monkey's wagon completely and I think we need to look at it.

In post 667, havingfitz wrote: You are willing to raise suspicions on the Monkey wagon based on the presumption that Oka is scum...yet you are not voting Oka....and you are not voting anyone in the group (i.e. Monkey's wagon) that the "at least one more" consists of. So you are staying away from the 33% chance or better odds of hitting scum that you bring up and instead go for the 20% or less chance of hitting scum off the Monkey wagon. (25% or less if you discount yourself). Either way, you're opting for the less attractive situation that you yourself are bringing up. And that's not counting the possibility that all presumed three scum could be on Monkey's wagon. And more importantly...it ignores the possibility that Oka is town (I hope not) in which case scum could be anywhere...in any number or either wagon.

Evidently it wasn't clear that my post was to start conversation (despite it saying "conversation is dying" and that me attempting to restart it follows logically) but the attempt at math here makes me itch.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:10 am

Post by massive »

Also THIS:

In post 667, havingfitz wrote:It is a complete toss up for me between the two of them.

also makes me itch. Given that it's a toss-up between the two, why vote for the one who ISN'T at L-2?
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Saul Goode »

Sorry guys, I'm seldom around on weekends. I'll get caught up in a sec.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Saul Goode »

In post 655, massive wrote:Monkeyman576(7): FA_Q2, Wickedestjr, OkaPoka, Saul Goode, vikingfan,
Slandaar
, havingfitz

Gotta figure that this isn't all town.
If Oka is scum, then two of his buddies aren't on his wagon, so there's at least one more scum on Monkey's wagon
. Who is it?

Would you mind explaining the bold? I'm not following you here.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Saul Goode »

In post 659, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 648, Saul Goode wrote:@Wicked - I agree with this statement, fwiw:
In post 647, Formerfish wrote:I feel like you are slightly misrepping the reasons people are voting the slots that they are.

For me it's more of a poe thing and strength of Town reads.

I don't think that's enough to put someone at L-1 on day 2

Got ya. I missed that during my catch up.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:01 am

Post by massive »

In post 671, Saul Goode wrote:
In post 655, massive wrote:Monkeyman576(7): FA_Q2, Wickedestjr, OkaPoka, Saul Goode, vikingfan,
Slandaar
, havingfitz

Gotta figure that this isn't all town.
If Oka is scum, then two of his buddies aren't on his wagon, so there's at least one more scum on Monkey's wagon
. Who is it?

Would you mind explaining the bold? I'm not following you here.

Sure. If Oka is scum and there's a viable bandwagon, his buddies aren't going to sit on Oka for towncred in the off-chance he gets lynched -- they're instead going to (at least one) vote for the counterwagon in an attempt to save their buddy. Make sense?
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:40 am

Post by Saul Goode »

In post 673, massive wrote:Sure. If Oka is scum and there's a viable bandwagon, his buddies aren't going to sit on Oka for towncred in the off-chance he gets lynched -- they're instead going to (at least one) vote for the counterwagon in an attempt to save their buddy. Make sense?

Yeah. I had forgotten Oka was the CW so I didn't put that together. Did anyone move from Oka to Monkey towards the end, though? That's the place to look if you are going to follow through with this plan...
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”