Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Tere »

In post 1124, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1119, Tere wrote:(emphasis mine, in fact I am wondering if that capital D isn't a typo and is flagging that he viewed ika)

That is a convention that people use to signify game-day rather than reallife-day. I do it myself a lot and often capitalize Day when I dont intend to subconsciously.

Funnily enough, I just saw someone use that and realised it might be a convention I didn't know.

Quite a useful one, too.

I still think Ika's the most likely cop view pick for Grib, although he's now a more close run thing with you.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:32 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Am I the only one who thinks freek is being really quiet right now?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think freek's jump onto me after yesterday's consistent stance of, "MY MIIIIND'S TELLIN ME NOOOOOOO" then today going "FUCK IT, MY BODY'S TELLING ME YEEEEEESSSSSSS" really doesn't make much sense.
green shirt thursdays
the freekazoid
the freekazoid
Goon
the freekazoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:25 am

Post by the freekazoid »

In post 1126, dragonspawn wrote:Am I the only one who thinks freek is being really quiet right now?

Quiet how? Everyone in the game was kind of waiting on Tere, and everyone's posting lagged because of it this weekend. I like Tere's entrance.

@Reck, I still feel you are mildly town (other head), but would like to know your reads? The longer you keep ignoring people asking for them the more I question you. I am going to let Far's vote for our slot sit for the time being.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

You think I'm town, but you're willing to let your slot's vote sit on me because....?

So you're actually voting for a town read. WHat the shit?
green shirt thursdays
the freekazoid
the freekazoid
Goon
the freekazoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:30 am

Post by the freekazoid »

In post 1129, xRECKONERx wrote:You think I'm town, but you're willing to let your slot's vote sit on me because....?

Its responses like this to a legitimate request that make me okay with the vote.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think my bewilderment at your open admittance that you're leaving a vote parked on a town read is pretty reasonable, really.
green shirt thursdays
the freekazoid
the freekazoid
Goon
the freekazoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:32 am

Post by the freekazoid »

Fine, but what is so hard for you about giving your reads on people?
the freekazoid
the freekazoid
Goon
the freekazoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:32 am

Post by the freekazoid »

You have been asked by multiple people (not just us) for them at this point.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Its like they are playing a good-cop/bad-cop routine. BRantz is the good cop if that wasnt clear.
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

In post 1116, Tere wrote:Mantis, thanks for the reach out. Can you do my a solid and find me some typical games of yours both scum and town that aren't too long to read? Some of your stuff looks towny but I having some kind of stylistic issue with your posts that I didn't have at Ratskep and I'd like to have a decent base line from here.

Keep in mind that this is a hydra and any post with a capital letter in it is Nikanor's.
As far as I know Mantis doesn't play any differently between here and RatSkep but if the above doesn't clear up your style issues I could still get you some of Mantis's meta.
In post 1129, xRECKONERx wrote:You think I'm town, but you're willing to let your slot's vote sit on me because....?

He said it was mild town, and that he wants to probe you a bit more.
This is a really scummy post.

@Tere: Do you think that killerjester defended both of his partners? Your scum reads seem to consist solely of interactions with killerjester. If you are scum, this would be a very easy way for you to accuse townies without directly calling their play scummy. What I'd like to know is, do you have any reasons other than killerjester's ISO to suspect dragonspawn and freekazoid?
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

freek, what's going on in your Inn? I'm curious.
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

Spoiler: Setup spec done for ika
Green is town vanilla, orange is town power role, red is mafia. Italics is confirmed power, bold is dead.

PlayerRoleFlavourActions
xRECKONERx???
ActionDan???
the freekazoid???
Krystal Bald???
Tere???
ika
Townie
?-
dragonspawn
Bulletproof
Shielded Minibot-
AngryPidgeon
1-Shot Vigilante
Fire ElementalManablocked night one, shot killerjester night two
prawneater
Vigilante Giver
Dark Iron DwarfLynched day one
Albert B. Rampage
Townie
ShieldmaidenKilled night one
Sonic Heroes
Townie
Micro MachineLynched day two
Grib
Cop
Nerubian EggKilled night two
killerjester
Roleblocker
LoathebManablocked AngryPidgeon night one, killed night two

Unclaimed actions
Night ZeroNeighborizing of Klazam and Sonic Heroes
Night OneNeighborizing of Klazam and Krystal Bald
Night TwoNeighborizing of the freekazoid and ?

I'm assuming that Grib was a one-shot cop (nerubian egg's ability I can't see as a cop but in Hearthstone it's definitely a one-shot ability), and I'm assuming that killerjester was a one-shot roleblocker (makes sense because AP wasn't blocked last night).
Given those, I'd think that if the neighborizer is scum that there should be another weak/one-shot town power role, and if the neighborizer is town that it's balanced with no additional power roles on either side.
[tinfoil]It's technically possible that AP is actually a mafia bookie and is playing us all for fools by shooting his scumbuddy, but that's pretty much impossible unless town has millions of unclaimed power roles.[/tinfoil]
the freekazoid
the freekazoid
Goon
the freekazoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by the freekazoid »

@KB: Not much at the moment, its pretty quiet there.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1135, Krystal Bald wrote:This is a really scummy post.

Yes, it's so scummy to express bewilderment at someone parking their vote on an admitted town read. :roll:

Here's a reads list. None of these are particularly strong because everyone is annoying me.

ActionDan: nothing has happened to change my earlier town vibes off his D1 posts
the freekazoid: slightly scummy for the good cop/bad cop routine + farside's sudden switch from MY BRAIN IS SAYING RECK ISN'T SCUM to FUCK MY BRAIN + BRantz leaving the vote parked on me despite a town read
Krystal Bald: scummy. taking pot shots from the side. NK spec was bad. pushed wagon on Sonic Heroes based on ?????
dragonspawn: null. nothing egregious. probably town then
Tere: Klaz was uninspiring but I really liked Tere's entry post into the game.
AngryPidgeon: not scum at least. probable SK. off-shot of being town vig. won't kill tonight due to claim of no more shots regardless so can be left alone
ika: ???? this guy is a mystery. doesn't seem as scummy as he was in MWAT4 when I was pretty sure he was scum. but that game was an enigma
green shirt thursdays
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Krystal Bald »

It's scummy because you're forcibly percolating BRantz's read on you.
You go from "you're willing to let the vote sit on me" to "you're voting me" in one post while those are clearly two completely different things. Obviously BRantz was not the one who voted for you but saying he's willing to go along with his partner for now is by no means unreasonable.

Also apparently we're the only ones responsible for Sonic's mislynch lololol

What did you like about Tere's posts?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1140, Krystal Bald wrote:Also apparently we're the only ones responsible for Sonic's mislynch lololol

Uhhh I mean ya, kinda.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1140, Krystal Bald wrote:What did you like about Tere's posts?

:effort: like that is really hard to fake as town. at least for me. so if anyone makes an entry into a game in a slot like that and puts out decent content in their catchup post, it generally gives me positive vibes

it helps that the rest of this game is a grey murky fuckfield
green shirt thursdays
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Tere »

In post 1123, dragonspawn wrote:I like what tere has to say so far. Only problem is his scum read of me. I've already explained why I claimed. I wasn't going to wait till right before I was going to be lynched at the deadline and give no one time to find a scum choice.

I think you are misunderstanding what is bothering me. It's in part this post here where you quickly crumb you are a special:

In post 125, dragonspawn wrote:You too Dexter?

Considering I explained myself in the vote I didn't think I have to explain myself again.

Reckon and jesters votes were scummy as heck. I can only choose one and the game is early so I picked on at random. It's not like we have 40 pages of info to go off of.

If that's to you, your plain stupid. And if you want to lynch me for it than go ahead. Town will only hurt itself by doing so.

Now at that point we were barely out of RVS. You had two votes on you, one from Jason (now AP) at (which I agree with by the way, I didn't like your RVS semi serious vote at in the least when I read through in night) and one from the Freek at which seems waay early to crumb you are a special. The emo routine in this post really bugged me as well. I suppose I could also see this from a town perspective in that you could be trying to draw the NK a bit clumsily, but I am not completely sold on that. That plus KJ's about face on you which only really makes sense if you are scum really looks hmmm. of yours looks a little better though.

Reading through the rest of your ISO looks a bit better. You do still have a consistent scumread on jester at . and look like aggressive town. is asking why a case on Krystal when they are L-2, which I am chewing over. is asking why Freek is a good lynch choice. There's the poke at Grib's crumb which I already mentioned (but if you were scum and that was a scum spot I'd have expected them to take out a special not ABR, so ugh, unless ABR terrifies people as town. I will table that as overspeculation). The prawn vote at is a gut vote, fine. Freek and KJ both FOS you for this I see at and . Timing of bulletproof and then full claim looks fine at and - you did say you weren't going to be back. More pushing on prawn wagon looks quite genuine. You do explain you were trying to draw the NK in . End of day looks honest and I quite like that.

So Day 1 sort of looked OK and at this point in the ISO I was considering offering you an olive branch.
BUT!!!!
Your ISO in Day 2 is basically non-existent. I hate hate hate , that looks like cheeky scum to me and I would send you to the naughty step almost just for it. I like your Freek vote though. I am not as sold on townreading Krystal as you are.

Basically I think I liked your Day 1 but your towniness has fallen off a cliff since your claim. This is either cheeky scum thinking they have a safeclaim or it's a town being lazy who needs to pull their bloody finger out.

I tell you what, Dragon, you can have an olive branch from me today. I am still bothered by your claim but I will believe your claim and not vote for you for today
IF
I see some serious scum hunting. You can start by having a reread though and giving me a decent set of reads. Seem fair?
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:00 am

Post by Tere »

In post 1134, AngryPidgeon wrote:Its like they are playing a good-cop/bad-cop routine. BRantz is the good cop if that wasnt clear.

This post I totally chimed with and it made me laugh but what do you make of it? Do you think it is scummy?
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

Vote: xRECKONERx.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Tere »

In post 1135, Krystal Bald wrote:
In post 1116, Tere wrote:Mantis, thanks for the reach out. Can you do my a solid and find me some typical games of yours both scum and town that aren't too long to read? Some of your stuff looks towny but I having some kind of stylistic issue with your posts that I didn't have at Ratskep and I'd like to have a decent base line from here.

Keep in mind that this is a hydra and any post with a capital letter in it is Nikanor's.
As far as I know Mantis doesn't play any differently between here and RatSkep but if the above doesn't clear up your style issues I could still get you some of Mantis's meta.

He said it was mild town, and that he wants to probe you a bit more.
This is a really scummy post.

@Tere: Do you think that killerjester defended both of his partners? Your scum reads seem to consist solely of interactions with killerjester. If you are scum, this would be a very easy way for you to accuse townies without directly calling their play scummy. What I'd like to know is, do you have any reasons other than killerjester's ISO to suspect dragonspawn and freekazoid?

OK, thanks, I hadn't noticed the caps thing, that's helpful.

If you would grab me some Mantis meta (and while you are at it some you meta) that would be great. I've only played with Mantis once recently in a timed game where she was a lurksacky town, and then years and years ago, although I observed another timed game quite recently where she was a lurksacky scum :). Her activity levels come across as a lot higher here and that might be what's freaking me out although the format is obviously better for busy peeps, which I know Mantis is.

The bolded bit in this post is giving me heebie jeebies as I think it's quite misrepresentative unless I haven't explained myself properly. I thought I'd made it clear I'd done a full read through as well as the work I did yesterday. Going into that reads list I felt I had plenty of other reasons from that initial read through but I wasn't going to push myself through a full set of ISO reads right then. I need to do a full ISO workout on both you and the Freek but OMG that is like the elephant in the room because of your posting levels so my project for today is to concentrate on getting a feel for everyone else.

Looking through my ISO as I write I think it's clear that I have been reading even if I didn't lay out every single thought process in my town to scum list. I'm not going to apologise for that, I spent several hours working on the game yesterday and I think that's clear. This push here feels a bit weak and forced and I no likey.

Would you gladiate with the Freek today? For I feel there is scum in you two and it would split the game open. If not, why not? Can you give me a rundown of your reads and where you are at with folk?
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Tere »

In post 1137, Krystal Bald wrote:
Spoiler: Setup spec done for ika
Green is town vanilla, orange is town power role, red is mafia. Italics is confirmed power, bold is dead.

PlayerRoleFlavourActions
xRECKONERx???
ActionDan???
the freekazoid???
Krystal Bald???
Tere???
ika
Townie
?-
dragonspawn
Bulletproof
Shielded Minibot-
AngryPidgeon
1-Shot Vigilante
Fire ElementalManablocked night one, shot killerjester night two
prawneater
Vigilante Giver
Dark Iron DwarfLynched day one
Albert B. Rampage
Townie
ShieldmaidenKilled night one
Sonic Heroes
Townie
Micro MachineLynched day two
Grib
Cop
Nerubian EggKilled night two
killerjester
Roleblocker
LoathebManablocked AngryPidgeon night one, killed night two

Unclaimed actions
Night ZeroNeighborizing of Klazam and Sonic Heroes
Night OneNeighborizing of Klazam and Krystal Bald
Night TwoNeighborizing of the freekazoid and ?

I'm assuming that Grib was a one-shot cop (nerubian egg's ability I can't see as a cop but in Hearthstone it's definitely a one-shot ability), and I'm assuming that killerjester was a one-shot roleblocker (makes sense because AP wasn't blocked last night).
Given those, I'd think that if the neighborizer is scum that there should be another weak/one-shot town power role, and if the neighborizer is town that it's balanced with no additional power roles on either side.

[tinfoil]It's technically possible that AP is actually a mafia bookie and is playing us all for fools by shooting his scumbuddy, but that's pretty much impossible unless town has millions of unclaimed power roles.[/tinfoil]

OK, I think this is an OK summary although my major point of difference with you is I am not assuming bulletproof is automatically a town role.

Can you walk me through the bolded bit like I am about 5 because I don't see the logic flow here at all? why is it balanced if neighboriser is town? It's almost like you know bulletproof is scum.... meeting bbl
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Tere »

also from

I'd never heard of bookie, but assuming you mean this http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bookie, I think it's just better to remove that tinfoil hat. KJ was under no vote pressure and was falling under the radar quite nicely. Why choose him as a bus target? Makes no sense at all to me.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Tere »

In post 1142, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1140, Krystal Bald wrote:What did you like about Tere's posts?

:effort: like that is really hard to fake as town. at least for me. so if anyone makes an entry into a game in a slot like that and puts out decent content in their catchup post, it generally gives me positive vibes

it helps that the rest of this game is a grey murky fuckfield

This post made me laugh.

Hi reck! This a bit of a reach out to you. I see you've descended from your grumpy old man mountain a little and given some reads. How can I keep you engaged in the game? Help me out here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”