Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

for me its less of not wanting to lynch the bane target and more of bulba's play seeming kind of relentlessly...sure of himself or something similar to that and thinking maybe it could be coming from town. there were others that wanted to bane and lynch two different people which kind of makes sense for information, but I viewed the bane as something more likely to be negative (with an okayish chance of targeting the bane on scum additionally) but needed to happen to get the boon.

tso for lynch 2015
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Titus »

@Singer, supposing that's true, that's not true for a majority of the people pushing Bulba scum. The pattern has changed.

Also, yes, you're not likely to get the meta references. Sorry about that, but it's simpler to refer to games rather than fall prey to the "As you know" trope.

@All, let's get this TSO lynch done. We can have two lynches today, but we have to get one done first.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 3122, Cheetory6 wrote:UT is being dum about people posting in a game of mafia
it's been 126 goddamn pages with NOTHING gained

it passed the point of mental masturbation like 50 pages ago
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3127, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 3122, Cheetory6 wrote:UT is being dum about people posting in a game of mafia
it's been 126 goddamn pages with NOTHING gained

it passed the point of mental masturbation like 50 pages ago

But mental masturbation is the best kind...

inb4 can't tell if serious
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Titus »

Dude, you didn't meet me when I was in NC. Spiderwoman is actually pretty close to my build.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3125, Gammagooey wrote:tso for lynch 2015
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

when were you in NC??????
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 74 (Major Day 1, VC 36)

(7)
T S O:
Titus, Untrod Tripod, Gammagooey, singersigner, mastin2, vezokpiraka, Cheetory6 [L-3]
(6)
ActionDan:
DeasVail, T S O, Espeonage, Aronis, GuyInFreezer, ChannelDelibird
(2)
singersigner:
Bulbazak, Shadoweh
(mastin2)

(1)
Espeonage:
ActionDan
(Cheetory6)

(1)
Formerfish:
TellTaleHeart
(1)
TellTaleHeart:
Oversoul
(0)
Aronis:
(vezokpiraka)

(1)
Not Voting:
Formerfish

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I read Tsos iso

My thought summing it up is basically:

It could be worse.

That describes his posting pre-page 55 or whenever he went vla.

There are 2 separate distinct interactions with Titus and 3 scum reads of import. Other stuff isn't really critical

The first interaction with Titus is about the open games and their relative townsideness post she made. Tso gets this wrong, flatly, and subsquently forms a nullscumread on titus due to percieved lying. This didn't get resolved and imo there was ample opportunity for TSO to rectify this read by careful reconsideration of the post and posts following it. That's a point against him. However in the 2nd interaction which is about boons and hotheadness Titus does herself no favors by accusing Tso of attacking people who are alternative boon votes etc. He carries himself well here. Taken together it's inconclusive. The scumread on titus does gain justification, but it's largely colored by how it was conceived.

Ut and vezok reads are whatever/fine I guess but underdeveloped/shallow, though considering the nature and frequency of their posts compared to Titus', that's to be expected. Null point

The bulb scumread though is a bit different. At one point Tso says he has more than one reason to bane Bulb, though there's only one specific post about him that was ever talked about that would allow tso to do that (About bulb losing a post he didnt really care about). This is actually an ok starting point, and is even followed through on after bulbs response, but whatever other reasons there were for majorly scumreading the slot are absent. I don't know why they would be. (Also they're not going to be those reasons he never thought he had to state that he may have attributed to UT)

So... Meh? The recent posts I think are worse than any of this. Especially the hipocracy of claiming singers vote was awful for following ffery when he did the exact same thing when voting me for the same reason
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3132, Untrod Tripod wrote:when were you in NC??????

A few months ago I swung by the commune for a day or two because of wedding I was attending. It was cheaper to drive out to the commune than fly back sooner. Twas fun.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Titus »

I've actually played more f2f games with Singer than mafia games which is interesting because mafia games in face to face I suck at as it's all emotion and reading people.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

hey dan you're the only one left on espeonage's wagon

how does that make you
feel
?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 3136, Titus wrote:

A few months ago I swung by the commune for a day or two because of wedding I was attending. It was cheaper to drive out to the commune than fly back sooner. Twas fun.

Yeah! It was around Memorial Day or something. I think that was the first time we met Antihero and we haven't seen him since???

We tried playing True American but it got a little dark and less fun for the people not drinking, but we'll have to do a redo if/whenever you make it out again. :]
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3139, singersigner wrote:
In post 3136, Titus wrote:

Yeah! It was around Memorial Day or something. I think that was the first time we met Antihero and we haven't seen him since???

We tried playing True American but it got a little dark and less fun for the people not drinking, but we'll have to do a redo if/whenever you make it out again. :]

Definitely. If you are on the west coast, swing by my place too.

But seriously, we should stop this. It's spammy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3066, T S O wrote:Yes, you've summed the situation up quite accurately - I was one day returned from V/LA at that stage, a conftown player with a good team asked for a sheep. I sheeped. I then posted content from the one member of my team who is reading this game. I did not take that into consideration with my reads because I haven't actually considered my reads yet - I was planning to wait for Major N1 to try to somewhat catch up.

In post 2777, T S O wrote:I know I'm popular, everyone, so you don't immediately have to scurry to the ActionDan wagon. I won't ridicule you in public for walking in an orderly fashion, I'll simply berate you heavily in private.

This really doesn't look like you were actually just sheeping without having an opinion of your own on actiondan btw
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3138, Gammagooey wrote:hey dan you're the only one left on espeonage's wagon

how does that make you
feel
?

Sad and alone in the world. And not that it should, but increased confidence I'm voting scum

Pedit: it does doesn't it.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 3137, Titus wrote:I've actually played more f2f games with Singer than mafia games which is interesting because mafia games in face to face I suck at as it's all emotion and reading people.

That's kind of funny because I feel like I'm the exact opposite. I'm much better at f2f because I think people can be more calculated as either alignment on the forum and I'm pretty terrible at trusting my reads even when they're right. You seem to be fairly emotionally engaged on the forum, though, so what makes the difference for you?

Preview Edit...
You call it spammy when I responded once about it... :( :?

Also, there are still three votes to lynch and several people haven't even commented on the wagon. We need to do it pretty soon if we want to take advantage of the second lynch...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by ActionDan »

VOTE: Tso

Fine.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3143, singersigner wrote:
In post 3137, Titus wrote:I've actually played more f2f games with Singer than mafia games which is interesting because mafia games in face to face I suck at as it's all emotion and reading people.

That's kind of funny because I feel like I'm the exact opposite. I'm much better at f2f because I think people can be more calculated as either alignment on the forum and I'm pretty terrible at trusting my reads even when they're right. You seem to be fairly emotionally engaged on the forum, though, so what makes the difference for you?

Preview Edit...
You call it spammy when I responded once about it... :( :?

Also, there are still three votes to lynch and several people haven't even commented on the wagon. We need to do it pretty soon if we want to take advantage of the second lynch...

There's a difference between emotional engagement and reading people well. I'm always emotionally engaged when I play. I usually do better when I can compartmentalize and look at just the facts. In f2f mafia, you have body language to determine who is town or scum but there are a few things that translate well. For instance, one player on the forums (name withheld obvious reasons) tends to be quiet as scum online and in face to face. Usually, there is no such transfer and face to face.

Because people are more calculating, forum mafia is easier for me as I respond to mental chess matches better if they are logical ones. You can't exactly do a VCA in a face to face game.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

TSO I think you should claim soon.

Mostly because I want your blood at this point and think you're actually a scum lynch that can finally happen but I still feel that I should give a warning that I will totally endorse anyone and everyone hammering you even without a claim given how bad I think a lot of people are at quickly processing claims (in relation to alignments) correctly and that you just don't really have any strong towntells that are going to be making anyone slow down on this.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Lynch someone. Stop with the garbage.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3106, Espeonage wrote:AD is wonky. He's either wrong about stuff or scum.

I had 3 reads at this point:

Shadoweh: town
Singer: town
Espe: scum

Your reads

Shadoweh: N/A
Singer: town
Espe: presumably, town

Since stuff = reads I'd like to know where simply the pluralization came from
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

This is just another random lynch that won't give much info if it's town. :/ TSO was v/la for a week, it's not weird that he dropped off, and I thought he was active and townie when he was posting. However since this seems to be Dan vs TSO I would rather vote TSO. I do not condone this. >:| He had best claim, we were suposed to have lynched by now. Setting the deadline later was stupid, we'd already had Fake Day 1 and we should have known we have special procrastination powers. I wish I had considered that sooner. At least we're learning when this presumably happens again tomorrow.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”