Mini 1663: Rick and Morty Mafia (Game Over)

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 24, Rainbowdash wrote:Heartless attack is comical. Apparently Jingle for a scum PM that was an antagonist so he tries to invert flavor which he would at that point know is going to be proven wrong? Seems like an odd conclusion for scum to come to. I could see TOWN who got an antagonist PM come to that conclusion though.

It was based on a bad assumption.

Antihero
knew the name of the scum team ("Dark Coalition") because it was named in our ability (there's an investigative dimension to our role). He left
me
with the impression that he knew it because it was in the town win condition; this is what Antihero told me when I was reading through the thread and before I even looked at the role PM. I took his word for it and thought, "Jingle didn't know that
town
knew about the scum team being named the Dark Coalition. Town would know already know about the Dark Coalition because it's right there in the win condition. Therefore, Jingle didn't get a town role PM and he's accidentally exposed because kiwieagle didn't post a sample town VT role PM, as is the standard practice."

I treated it like a scum slip and, for different reasons, it still could be but there's other plausible alternatives.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by d3x »

Plausible enough for now.

UnVote

@Jingle- How do you know about the name of the ScumTeam?

Vote:Jingle
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 25, Heartless wrote:I treated it like a scum slip and, for different reasons, it still could be but there's other plausible alternatives.

wrong, it still is a scum slip

VOTE: jingle

explain why tomorrow morning
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'm mobile, and have been busy most of the day (as anti should know) and assumed the flavor shit was in my role pm or the opening post. Mostly cause I don't think anti would make that kind of assumption.

I await your explanations in the morning.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 19, kiwieagle wrote:Also because some people have asked.
Standard wincons.

You win when all threats to [Your Alignment] are eliminated and at least one of the [Your Alignment] is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

For reference, not me.
This is a Parachute.
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Flames682 »

In post 28, Jingle wrote:I'm mobile, and have been busy most of the day (as anti should know) and assumed the flavor shit was in my role pm or the opening post. Mostly cause I don't think anti would make that kind of assumption.

Smells like bullshit to me to cover up

VOTE: Jingle

Seriously with this kind of show anything could be the scum team.
Stop using gut as a reason to state someone is scum. Now.

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 30, Flames682 wrote:
In post 28, Jingle wrote:I'm mobile, and have been busy most of the day (as anti should know) and assumed the flavor shit was in my role pm or the opening post. Mostly cause I don't think anti would make that kind of assumption.

Smells like bullshit to me to cover up

Seriously with this kind of show anything could be the scum team.

I'm lying that I'm mobile and didn't actually check anything? Why?

As scum, who has other people in the game that I can count on to realize I've been away from home since this morning, why not just shut up and let everyone else argue it out.

I looked at anti's post and saw information I didn't know. I figured that meant I hadn't read it, because otherwise why would he post it? If it was a scumslip I'd know soon enough. And anti's "I know the scumteams name" thing is pretty :/

On the other hand flames feels opportunistic here. He hasn't added anything to the discussion, and he's voting me without really giving a reason that he thinks I'm scum.

VOTE: Flames
This is a Parachute.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:45 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 24, Rainbowdash wrote:I am pretty sure my role is going to be linked to an anti-town so probably need to claim it out the gate. I am Mr Meeseeks... technically mod never game me a role name more than being aligned with the good guys. I have a compulsive ability to perform a certain player's actions for them, I don't know the action, their role, their alignment, etc. Also its an unblockable action. This is something I have only seen a variant of once before, and it was scum controlling town. If somepony can figure out who is going to be targeting me each night, that would be nice. Until they are dead I am also going to be randomly acting so just a heads up.

makes sense meeseeks would have strongman modifier
the closest thing i can think of to this is a captain, but you're saying it's random (????)
it's a way to gate an ability (by making it reliant on the survival of two people). it's kinda' a mutation of an enabler.

Heartless attack is comical. Apparently Jingle for a scum PM that was an antagonist so he tries to invert flavor which he would at that point know is going to be proven wrong? Seems like an odd conclusion for scum to come to. I could see TOWN who got an antagonist PM come to that conclusion though.

no, he wouldn't know it was going to be proven wrong. that's the point. [the theory is pretty simple: town would already know about the dark coalition. he acted oblivious. thus he didn't know what town knew, as it wasn't public information. therefore he didn't get a town pm]

kjlf;dsmciea;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
did you not read your role PM prior to posting in this thread?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 24, Rainbowdash wrote:I am pretty sure my role is going to be linked to an anti-town so probably need to claim it out the gate. I am Mr Meeseeks... technically mod never game me a role name more than being aligned with the
good guys

Pretty sure it isn't stated anywhere but role pm that "town" is called "Good Guys". Rainbowdash is conftown.

In post 32, Heartless wrote:
Heartless attack is comical. Apparently Jingle for a scum PM that was an antagonist so he tries to invert flavor which he would at that point know is going to be proven wrong? Seems like an odd conclusion for scum to come to. I could see TOWN who got an antagonist PM come to that conclusion though.

no, he wouldn't know it was going to be proven wrong. that's the point. [the theory is pretty simple: town would already know about the dark coalition. he acted oblivious. thus he didn't know what town knew, as it wasn't public information. therefore he didn't get a town pm

I thought the point was that only scum would know about Dark Coalition? I got a town PM, it said nothing about scumteams name. Your statement is...The opposite. I thought the whole scenario was opposite, he named Dark Coalition without it being public knowledge, therefore he scum slipped.

Speaking of which

RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:14 am

Post by RIP »

In post 24, Rainbowdash wrote:I am pretty sure my role is going to be linked to an anti-town so probably need to claim it out the gate. I am Mr Meeseeks... technically mod never game me a role name more than being aligned with the good guys. I have a compulsive ability to perform a certain player's actions for them, I don't know the action, their role, their alignment, etc. Also its an unblockable action. This is something I have only seen a variant of once before, and it was scum controlling town. If somepony can figure out who is going to be targeting me each night, that would be nice. Until they are dead I am also going to be randomly acting so just a heads up.

I get the feeling this is a power heavy game with my role to start. It may be worth an early massclaim, especially as it could basically confirm me as town if my "controller" never shows up in that claim.

Vote MMWW

Im serious about the hydra thing

What? Is this real life.?
VOTE: rainbow dash
We are not mass claiming, how it's that helpful?
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 am

Post by RIP »

Wow shouldn't we not be discussing PM? In other sites this is frown upon.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Elbirn »

...Honestly I don't know, but others have already put it out there. And actually, reading back Heartless is the first person to mention "Good Guy" as the town alignment, so Rainbow Dash isn't conftown, but Heartless is. If I've pushed a boundary by explicitly pointing out, then sorry everyone.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:15 am

Post by RIP »

So what's jingle play here? He named the dark coalition as a bad team? So he must be scum?

Makes sense if that's correct
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:45 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

Yakko checking in. was expecting link to game in pm. /confirm
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:11 am

Post by RIP »

Anyone here
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:00 am

Post by d3x »

In post 37, RIP wrote:So what's jingle play here? He named the dark coalition as a bad team? So he must be scum?

Makes sense if that's correct
That's kind of the argument. The thing is, Heartless named them 1st {hence my Vote on them to open}. Jingle responded in kind, and to me, it sounded like he didn't know that the majority of Town didn't have that knowledge.

Heartless has since Claimed an Investigative Role and the flavor is how they knew the name of the ScumTeam. Jingle has since claimed that he was just assuming the name of the ScumTeam was available in some format to all of us and he just didn't check because he wasn't at a stationary computer.

GTKAS - d3x
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:05 am

Post by RIP »

Hmm I see. U refer to heartless as them.
Why?
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:06 am

Post by RIP »

VOTE: jingle
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:12 am

Post by d3x »

Because they are a them. Heartless is a hydra of 2 players: Antihero and TellTaleHeart. And they're pretty solidly ConfTown in my book due to both the Good Guy thing, but more so the reaction to their realizations in p and p before anyone else pointed it out.

Why aren't you Voting for Jingle? And what is the relevance of my pronoun usage in reference to Heartless?

p.edit- Why now?

GTKAS - d3x
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am

Post by lufan131 »

VOTE: Jingle. Same reason as everyone else, has info he shouldn't have.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 am

Post by RIP »

I wasn't sure about jingle.
That's why I asked what was the case, now I feel better so I voted.

------

I was just wondering, never played with hydras. Kinda weird.
So they both post in same acct and we won't know difference?
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:35 am

Post by RIP »

I played with antihero, seem like a good player. Good to know
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:41 am

Post by RIP »

how many hydras we have? The mod post with player list doesn't specify who is hydra. How did you know?
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:52 am

Post by lufan131 »

The game's queue will help tell.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 am

Post by RIP »

Better to just have that info in this thread in pregame or whatever.
Anyways, as long as they post in same acct I won't be confused

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”