jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Prod dodging myself at the minute, sorry. Small but urgent issue atm

On the case of Mala. I do get where the wagon is coming from, though I had Mala as lower town on day 1. I just am conflicted on if day 2 is just bad play, or scum being scatty after losing a member. I have asked my team for their opinions (though this was just now) So hopefully by tomorrow something is brought up.

Boon not interacting with Thor really isn't an issue to me. I am sure not everyone interacted with everyone day 1. I know I didn't interact with Egg or Sthar on day 1. I think the boon not interacting is only an issue because Thor flipped scum, otherwise it would not be an issue.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Egg »

Well that and the fact that he was widely discussed throughout the entire day and even ended up lynched. How often do you not talk about the player who ends up lynched Day 1? You'd think he'd offer an opinion once in a while.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

@vyse:

I used to be a firebrand, but then I lost my mojo. Now the tables are turned. I rather play scum than town any day. ;-;
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

Also Vyse little catch up didn't do much for me so I guess I want to wait out and let him catch up fully. ;-;
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:09 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 1201, Egg wrote:Well that and the fact that he was widely discussed throughout the entire day and even ended up lynched. How often do you not talk about the player who ends up lynched Day 1? You'd think he'd offer an opinion once in a while.

Boon was only on once between my claim, and Thor lynch, and that was to declare V/LA and made a comment about the TH wagon.

Keep that in mind, he would not know (nor any of us at the time) Thor would be lynched, and when the wagon on Thor started to form Boon was V/LA. Thor Wagon came about very fast and towards the end of the day (last minute almost)

Boon was not about for it.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:26 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

And to add, Thor wasn't actively discussed much until my claim and the wagon on him, to which he claimed and then declared V/LA.

He was noisey for my lynch, but didn't actually be discussed much until AFTER my claim.

in fact, aside from SAD... NO OTHER VOTES formed on Thor until vote count 1.12 which was after my claim, and after Boon declared V/LA http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p6757348
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:27 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

OH, WRONG SLIGHTLY. bOON DECLARED v/la AFter that.

Point still stands that Thor was not discussed much until the end of the day and got no real steam until after my claim.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1206, jasonT1981 wrote:Point still stands that Thor was not discussed much until the end of the day and got no real steam until after my claim.

I disagree that Thor was not discussed much

I talked about Thor, Pie talked about Thor, sth8r's vote on thor gave it steam and it occured before your claim, there were a couple of "my team thinks thor might be scum", mala said she has issues reading Thor. I dunno how much steam I gave it but I know pie voting Thor made it seem like I wasn't crazy and made the wagon seem legit for me and that was well before your claim the first time.

I don't really think Boon not mentioning Thor necessarily means Boon is scum but I certainly think it's possible they could be scum who spent the game kind of ignoring each other.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:13 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I've got to admit, I'm having a hard time reading Mala. I think her case on me is objectively bad and basically boils down to "he didn't give Boon a chance to claim." Even though I never brought Boon to L-1, apparently this was a scummy thing to do. If the choice is between "lynch a D1 PR claim" and "lynch my top scumread" guess which one I'm going to pick? Going full speed ahead on this case is inexplicable to me.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:14 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Why aren't you scumreading her?
To be clear: quack
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I almost feel like it's too obvious. It's fucking with my brain.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:18 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

What do you mean by it's too obvious? Like, her recent actions are too blatantly scummy?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

@Vyse - wtf are you talking about? I am not projecting that I am playing a VI game at all this game. In fact, I feel like I'm doing quite well this game, considering we aren't even Day 3 yet.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 1196, pieguyn wrote:what do you think of ?

*IF* Mala is scum here, this doesn't look like something someone says about a partner I think. it looks more like scum going out of their way to put effort into a town read on a town player in order to buddy/manipulate them than scum inventing reasons to town read a partner.

I think this was directed at me. The post in question:

In post 1164, Malakittens wrote:Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I can finally flesh out my townread more on Boons because the game I was carefully watching just ended.

So the reason why I was against the push in Jason's D1 play and why my townread on Boons strengthened was due to this game. If you read his ISO he was attacked early D1 because of his play. Lurking, not contributing much etc and then later on used for mislynch bait. His reactions that game reminded me of how he reacted here.

Yeah, I agree. That doesn't look like a scum-defending-scum post.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I'm just fucking done at this point. Apparently I can't be town that's putting effort into trying to find townreads. I guess that is NOT an option.

Whatever.

When I'm lynched and I flip town push the fuck out of SK.

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1160, pieguyn wrote:the tl;dr of it is that her play this game day just isn't coming from town. none of it.

You said this about me yesterday so...

How much of your reads are coming from mastin?
In post 1160, pieguyn wrote:
it's not WIFOM, it's basic common sense

if you see a L-1 wagon on your scum partner, and there's less than a minute until deadline runs out and a no lynch occurs, what do you do? even discounting some of the nuances behind it - no lynch on D1 (or, specifically, the first no lynch in the game) is functionally the same for scum as a mislynch as it still takes them to 3 more mislynches required to win instead of 4, barring PR shenanigans, and it's also strategically better as town gains fuck all when it comes to useful information rather than a scum flip (which is pretty fucking good in terms of information) - you just don't fucking needlessly hammer your scum partner.

it's bad play if he was scum, and I'm not ruling it out entirely, but at this point I'm working under the assumption that Egg isn't a fucking idiot who'd shoot himself in the foot. if it becomes relevant again later, I'd consider it again.

:neutral: So under pressure with a minute left on the clock, you find it impossible that he didnt consider day phase math. Kay.

In post 1168, Malakittens wrote:I don't get why Skrew is problematic. Can you explain that for me? Also this is probably the third person so far this game that you said you would be inclined to give more time. I feel like you're trying to dance step your way away from certain things.

Because I don't have him as obvtown despite his assertions, and I think he has the balls to just coast as scum like that. But there are a couple things that could mean, so that's mostly me taking in-thread notes.

And yeah, I'm willing to give that more time. Because I have two good scumreads. I'm not sure why that's hard to comprehend.

In post 1200, jasonT1981 wrote:I know I didn't interact with Egg or Sthar on day 1.

you said in the pt you werent going to mention this.

@vyse- vote egg with me. we can live the dream
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 1214, Malakittens wrote:I'm just fucking done at this point. Apparently I can't be town that's putting effort into trying to find townreads. I guess that is NOT an option.

Whatever.

Was this directed at me? I didn't say you couldn't be town. I said I didn't think you and Boon were both scum.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Malakittens »

No, not you TH.

I'm just sick of the people perched on my wagon without considering the fact I could in fact be town, more directed to Pie and the sheeping SK. I already interacted with STD, but I already said stuff that I'm not the best at trying to convince, but I was going to do my best to try and flesh out some of my reads so they made sense.

In post 1215, sthar8 wrote:Because I don't have him as obvtown despite his assertions, and I think he has the balls to just coast as scum like that. But there are a couple things that could mean, so that's mostly me taking in-thread notes.

And yeah, I'm willing to give that more time. Because I have two good scumreads. I'm not sure why that's hard to comprehend.

It just feels like you're waiting til his wagon grows and then you'd be willing to jump on it. That's why your comments have been kinda bothering me so much including that one.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 1214, Malakittens wrote:I'm just fucking done at this point. Apparently I can't be town that's putting effort into trying to find townreads. I guess that is NOT an option.

Whatever.

Seems odd that you'd give up without trying to push me *before* your flip.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1218, SleepyKrew wrote:

Whatever.

I rather have DW lynched before you, but if I had to pick out two scum on my wagon right now I would say it's you and Egg. You two are the top picks for scum on my wagon.

I have strong connections that needs DW to be flipped in order to clear or not to clear people.

That's why I'm not pushing you because right now you're not my top priority.

Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Mala: OK.

Vyse, I want to focus on just one part of your latest post.

In post 1193, VysePresident wrote:Nulls of varying flavors include: Delta, TH(+), SK(?), Mala(-)

Delta is just a void for me. I haven't seriously looked at him. TH gets points for being the counterwagon to Thor, but that's not an actual read.
SK is just empty -- They're blatantly coasting, and it's annoying. I'm not impressed.

Take a look at SK's interrogation of me at the end of day 1, starting from #787. Tell me if that changes your read on SK.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 1219, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1218, SleepyKrew wrote:

Whatever.

I rather have DW lynched before you, but if I had to pick out two scum on my wagon right now I would say it's you and Egg. You two are the top picks for scum on my wagon.

I have strong connections that needs DW to be flipped in order to clear or not to clear people.

That's why I'm not pushing you because right now you're not my top priority.

Then why was I the only one you mentioned in that post.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Also, have you explained these connections that rely on a DW flip?
(I have not been following along very closely!)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

sthar8 old buddy old pal ol' chum

In post 1152, Save The Dragons wrote:I don't actually see a strong case on Egg by you, can you clarify (or point me to) your case?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1217, Malakittens wrote:It just feels like you're waiting til his wagon grows and then you'd be willing to jump on it. That's why your comments have been kinda bothering me so much including that one.

im not voting skrew today. let's be clear on that. there are too many better wagons.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”