TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:55 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3749, singersigner wrote:I'm not even really sure what you mean by that. Like, at all.

Also, Mina signed off on not lynching CDB based on his recent posting, too. I'll have her put together something while I'm at work.

ETL and Antihero signed off on lynching CDB based on his recent posting.
Does that mean I win?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:57 am

Post by singersigner »

Booooo. I like winning.

Anyway, Mina's also at work and says "gut" so maybe we'll get to it by tonight but my phone's so cracked I can't see half the screen so doubt it. Just...fucking-a. I can't believe no one's seeing how scummy Titus has gotten in the lasts few days...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Titus »

@Singer, Yes, I'm not commenting on your comments regarding Viktor because
I don't even know what you're saying
. So rather than dodge my question, why not tell me who the hell he is so I can contribute?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

If we have a completely irrelevant discussion of the roles on the first page of the game on page ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE I will try my very hardest to get everyone involved dead by the end of day two.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 am

Post by singersigner »

I...I don't think she could be faking it any harder...

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 am

Post by singersigner »

I don't know what I'm more offended over: the fact that she thought I would fall for it, or the fact that she thought she could get away with it...

I like tomatoes.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

OK, I'm back. I'd really hoped that more people would have chimed in while I was away; I want alternatives to the current wagons. I don't know for how long I'll be awake tonight but I think the first thing I'll do is read singer's links on Titus, although my mind is not as open on that front as it really should be. Then I'm going to have a look at some of my plausible suspects and get a vote down. Otherwise, I'm generally here if there's anything people want to ask me.
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3756, ChannelDelibird wrote: I want alternatives to the current wagons.

cough do it yourself
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:18 pm

In post 3757, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 3756, ChannelDelibird wrote: I want alternatives to the current wagons.

cough do it yourself

Come on, I know you're reading. What part of 'I'm going to have a look at my plausible suspects and place a vote' didn't make sense to you? I know you're probably too far down the rabbit hole right now to see sense but c'mon, dude. Wait to see what I get done and then complain if you have to.
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

i just think it's kinda dumb to expect other people to offer up alternatives to the current wagons when you're the one who doesn't believe in any of them.

i'll lay off for a bit though
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:45 pm

PEDIT: I didn't say I expected anything, Gamma. I said I was hoping. Take off the fucking scumglasses.

---

On singer/Cheetory's Titus case, as briefly as possible because I want to get to other people:

singer's 3641: Titus is a very particular person, who often sees things in quite different ways to others. I can believe that she believes the weird distinction between meta and meta as highlighted in the first part of this post.

The bit about the changing stance on singer, re: trusting ffery's read on Empire, is maybe the part of this post that I find most interesting but, as I believe that she's genuinely trying to be more accessible in this game by encouraging cooperation between people she thinks she's reading well, I don't find it particularly weird that she's talking about contributing part of a case rather than a full one of her own.

The thing about 'wants coaching that assumes she's town' actually sounds like an argument for Titus town, if anything.

singer's 3645: As far as using ffery as a shield to reduce responsibility for her own choices, I don't necessarily disagree with this, and the I think the game as a whole needs to do it less. Having an innocent child for 130 pages or whatever it's been is incredibly distorting. But, again, I don't think that's necessarily something that's more likely to come from Titus as scum. I think it makes a lot of sense as either alignment, but particularly for a town Titus who's trying to be more approachable and cooperative.

The weird "stop scumreading me for being a decent person" part is maybe the part that makes me most want to vote Titus out of what I've been shown here - I have the hardest time explaining how such a statement makes sense - but it's not much. I really can't help feeling that this is the sort of argument that happens with Titus all the time, in that her playstyle and way of thinking rubs a lot of people up the wrong way
and
she's actively trying to do something different in this game so it makes total sense that that would grind on people in this game. Essentially a lot of what I'm reading here just brings me back to 'it's a personality clash' and that doesn't make me want to vote for Titus. As in a lot of games, I think a lot of Titus's conclusions here make very little sense to me, but I feel like I can understand the intent under it, more or less. And I really don't want to let go of that, because it feels more fundamentally true than nitpicking at her individual posts, because I don't think I've seen a Titus game in which there isn't a major flare-up on her like this.

Cheetory's argument, as best as I can follow up without going back to dig up quotes from that truly terrifying Titus iso, revolves around claiming the detect being bad (I dunno, not sure I have a good enough handle on the mechanics to get into a debate there when there's every chance that Titus would just think differently to me on what's good practice anyway) and that he thinks she's doing too much teambuilding and not enough scumhunting. Maybe it's just because I'm someone who she's scumreading fairly vociferously, but I don't feel like she's neglected that part of the game so much. I agree that the teambuilding stuff is excessive, but I don't see why townTitus wouldn't hit that as hard as this if that hadn't been very much her intention in dealing with the game that way. It's not even as if we can point to her and say that approach isn't paying off because we've only had one lynch in this game so far.

tl;dr
Titus case feels like it boils down, fundamentally, to whether or not you believe that she's taken this approach genuinely as town. I don't find a compelling reason to disbelieve that, so I don't want to vote for her.
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

CDB wrote:PEDIT: I didn't say I expected anything, Gamma. I said I was hoping. Take off the fucking scumglasses.

nope, separated by a semi-colon, doesn't count >:3
dumb also =/= scum if you wanna be semantic about things
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:58 pm

'scumglasses' was meant to be a thing about you seeing scum when you look through them, not that wearing them makes you scum

I'm still townreading you, I'm just really tired at this point and probably losing some of my finesse with words. Busy shift combined with arguing with you for hours, seemingly fruitlessly, has left me very low on energy. Looking at ActionDan atm meanwhile
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

i know exactly what you meant, saying your expectations which were hopes i guess are dumb isn't the same as saying they're scummy

you don't have to respond to every little needle i poke you with either, if I want you to answer a question or something I'll try to make it pretty clear.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Going to start with ActionDan. I'm having a read over his iso (probably won't do this with everyone but think he should be concise enough for my eyes not to bleed).

One thing I find a bit off is how he talks
a bit
here and here about Marquis's read on TTH but it's nothing particularly serious and not really presented as something that's pressing or requires a response from Marquis to break anything open. But when he comes back three days later he implies it's more important than it looked before. That thing just doesn't feel like the sort of thing which would suffice me as an entry/exit point from the thread as town. I'm struggling to imagine town Dan caring enough to latch onto that three days later.

Espeonage case is lame, basically

For someone who keeps promising to read me, and has really recent experience with me as scum, it looks really weird that this is the only post in which he actually deals with me in any meaningful way, and even then it's very fence-sitty

Well, I got to the end of it. My eyes are drooping a bit so might reconsider this in the morning but basically there's not very much in it that grabs me. Part of the reason why I got pretty scared of ActionDan while he was alive in Retrospective Rehash was that, when he actually bothered to engage with the game, he had a lot of conviction behind him that I don't see here. I see pretty lame reasons on Espeonage (I know, I know) and an almost bizarrely casual relationship to the major wagon that sprung up upon him - like, we got a bit more activity from him around that time, but there's not really any of the passion that I would associate with townDan facing his own lynch.

I'm well aware that this, the part where I'm trying to dig into my suspects and actually figure out whom I want lynched instead of me, is a conveniently shitty time for me to get too tired to be as coherent as I'd like. Tomorrow's going to be similarly busy for me and I don't know how much more of this that I'm going to be able to do, but I'll try to get up with a bit more time in the morning to do things, and hopefully work (afternoon again) will be quiet enough for me to do some more work, but it's a matchday so who knows. Evening's likely to be busy too, but if I get done quickly I'll have a little bit of time before deadline.

In the meantime, at least overnight, this is a better option than the other wagons for sure:

UNVOTE: Espeonage
VOTE: ActionDan
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:27 pm

eh, Marquis stuff at the top there is probably confirmation bias talking, but I do think the main argument that I don't really see any real signs of town Dan townily caring about the game is valid. But there's no escaping the fact that I started that iso wanting to see scummy things, at this point. Still a better lynch than current alternatives, still believe my reads as detailed earlier. Think that's it from me tonight, I'm pretty beat. I'm gonna be pretty frustrated if more people overnight don't take a stance on my posts today.
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

i'm about to post one more thing generally at you if you want to stick around for 10 minutes

if you don't then i'm a little sorry for being a jerk and posting it right after you went to bed but I wanted to wait until after you did your fabled vote post
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

CDB you probably are going to want to respond to this even though I don't personally mind if you don't.

These are two posts from you in Reckoning 3 before you replaced out.
CDB in RECKONING iii wrote:
actiondan wrote:In post 355, ActionDan wrote:
Since when does "have not developed strong reads on" equate to "want to vote" cdb?

Are you being intentionally obtuse? You are more than capable of understanding me when I say that all my strong reads are of the town variety, and that I therefore want to vote for someone not among those reads (we've explained why mollie is an exception for now).
You should also know (or at least not be surprised to be receiving confirmation of previous patterns) that I always aim to be doing the most useful possible with my vote, particularly on Day 1, so I'm not just going to sit around without my vote on anybody until a scumread magically comes along. I put my vote where I think it is most likely to help me develop reads on people. In this case, for example, your bizarre attack on me is making me think scum more than it is town.

CDB in RECKONING iii wrote:It's the Gamma part that I find confusing and exasperating. I see nothing particularly worrying there and
would be very surprised if you found any enthusiasm elsewhere that would cause the vote to have any real impact. Meanwhile, the Dan wagon is a bit light to sustain people hopping off for side projects.

Granted, these are early game and this game had more of a 50-page pregame to deal with. But do you know how long your vote has been doing nothing sitting on espeonage?

Fifteen days. Yes I'm very aware you were V/LA for just about exactly half of them.

I completely believe you and understand that you've been busy. But the CDB you described in Reckoning 3 doesn't exist here. The desire to actually IMPACT the game and vote to squeeze information and alignments from other people is nowhere to be seen. The CDB that takes note of what wagons are actually doing something and which ones are going nowhere and should be getting up and doing anything else is not what I see here.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

actually wait I'm retarded

you voted ActionDan and TSO before going back to the espeonage vote

I still don't like that you've done so little to try to actually further the game but a that chunk of the above isn't correct or fair.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm here, barely. Obviously you've rebutted yourself a bit there but, yeah, basically I feel uncomfortable coming into a thread on which I'm behind and still declaring 'this is the most useful place for my vote right now' when there's a lot of stuff that I haven't read yet. The times when I've been more caught up with this game are the times when you can see me being as useful as I can, I think

seriously bedtime now bye
#greenshirtthursdays
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by singersigner »

I ended up with an extra hour and a half to my night cuz lolstarbucks, so I'm going to do Mina's work for her. Try not to think of it as anything other than
justifying our gut.
Actually Regfan agrees so now it's fact!

It started with his most recent reads post in , which a lot of people are calling out for being easy, even though the only viable lynch target is ActionDan (I say him instead of Espy because I feel like anyone who had any strong conviction about lynching him has convinced themselves not to). Sure most of them are lurkers, but don't you find lurkers hard to read? I think they'll have more support than anyone that people are actively conflicted over, so it's not like it's really an easy stance for scum to take either. I think scum would prefer lurkers to stick around because they're easy to target when left with nothing else, not when it's D1.

Then in he doesn't even begin to justify a survivalistic hop onto either me or Titus. I think it would even be pretty easy to target Dan again at this point, but instead goes back to someone that, like I said, not many people would prioritize over Dan. Yes I know he eventually moved there, but it would take a lot of foresight to plan a more town motivated move onto a vanity wagon before making a scum motivated move onto an easy lurker lynch.

In he actually makes me paranoid again by bringing up RRR and how he thinks he can manipulate his ability to make pro-town-looking posts, but I see a difference in the way he played there versus here. Now this I really can't explain. It just is.

Now in he breaks down my case on his leading counterwagon, and could
easily
find reasons to hop onto Titus right now, yet still chooses not to. Unless they're scum buddies, I read this as very genuinely trying to decompose the motivations behind her posting and coming up with his own, genuine conclusions (as opposed to regurgitated ones). I know this was after the fact, but I think this is the most recent example that supports how Mina and I feel he's developed into a townread of ours.

I like tomatoes.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 3496, ActionDan wrote:
In post 3450, Oversoul wrote:ActionDan, is this the comment you're referring to? This is the comment that you are asking "Why"?

I didn't answer your why question because I don't think I ever said I had a gut scum read on Espeonage, or at least I can't remember it now and I can't find it in my ISO either. What I am trying to communicate with that bolded comment is that I don't have a read on Espeonage and I would rather go with a wagon where I at least have some basis for a read (my initial gut scum reads). Espeonage has lived comfortably in null land in my perspective of this game. He is a blind spot that I still have not been able to properly address.

I asked in general (from a theoretical perspective) if the move from gut scum read to disliking the wagon would *necessarily* be bad a thing because I don't think I actually did what you think I did in that post. Clearly something about that transition is causing you concern - what is it?

Yes that was the post. I didn't catch the "s" in "reads" I guess since I interpreted that as distancing yourself from a gut scum read on him. If that wasn't the case then I would be concerned because changing reads on a player without explanation is convenient for scum since usually it's not questioned. That said, I still am not sure why you'd hate a wagon on a null player. Most people would feel "whatever" about it.

In post 3503, ActionDan wrote:Well ok. I am a bit concerned about you limiting the lynch options to AD, Singer, Titus, UT, Espe. 2 you think are town, 1 null, 1 scum, and I don't actually know what you think of me since I was on Espe but you also hated my wagon but I'll assume not a hard scum hard. The point is you're advocating limiting to options in which you truly only believe 1/5 will flip scum. That at the least is counter intuitive to me despite the assertion that you think information wise we'd get the most out of lynching 1 of these 5.

These are posts that I think show Dan being engaged with the game here. And I'm still pretty comfortable with my read on his reaction to his wagon. I'm not like, dead set against another wagon other then CDB but it's not going to be Dan and it's definitely not going to be Titus, at least not at my encouragement. I can't see Dan springing up again at this point anyways. This is really the point where we should be picking a lynch and pushing them to claim. Preferably before quickhammering them. I'd be okay with Espe, and if Aronis got flashwagoned again I would happily push that. I was actually quite happy with the idea of axing a bad lurker early.

Your read on me is amusing to me in the sense that you sound like you have a bottle of wine in front of you. It would go a long way if you just answered the concern that I brought up of who exactly called me a 'good player' on your team, and why they think that. My thoughts are stubbornly stuck on that point because it doesn't make sense. Fenchurch hasn't played with me, so even though she's scumreading me she doesn't have a basis for whether I'm good at it or not. CES probably hasn't even said my name. Patrick is unfamiliar with me too. And you were fairly condesendingly dismissive of me in Fantasy Camp. So it seems like a sentiment that either came out of nowhere in order to pacify me despite me being someone you would prefer to die.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: ACTIONDAN