League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40975 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Voided, if you go to op.gg and click record on your games during loading screen, I can take a look also if you want!

(or like if you have any other means to record your games/have recorded your past games)
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40976 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:57 am

In post 40974, zoraster wrote:I don't think it's optimal (heal has saved me/my teammates from getting killed/gotten me kills almost as much as flash), but teleport on an ADC isn't exactly like taking clairvoyance or something. Teleport is pretty awesome.

I think I might be in the minority, but I still think teleport is a really bad summoner spell except for some top laners. I think once a person learns where to be at the right times they don't need teleport, etc.

The only champions that really need teleport are heavy split pushers and heavy tanks.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #40977 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:59 am

Post by zoraster »

I mean there's a reason why only top laners tend to take teleport right now.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40978 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 40978, zoraster wrote:I mean there's a reason why only top laners tend to take teleport right now.

And Master Yi.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40979 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 am

Post by quadz08 »

In post 40971, hitogoroshi wrote:If a play-by-play person wants to join forces with me, let me know! (I'm color commentator to the bone.)

I would actually really love to give it a shot - I haven't tried it yet, but have wanted to for a while.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40980 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40959, Voidedmafia wrote:I'd hire Hito as my League Life coach (actually if I could I'd link the replays of the five placement games I've had and ask some of you guys to critique me. I figure one part of it is having something like LoLReplay, but I don't think I have what I need to actually make the replays viewable to you guys or something.)

I could try my hand at helping you out through spectating your games. I pretty much only play AD though so I can only really help with that role.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #40981 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:34 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 40959, Voidedmafia wrote:Btw, general question regarding mid: I'm fairly positive that the first item you should get is morello's/Athenes most of the time (because first-world mana problems), excluding mana-less champs like Kat, but should I almost always go for, like, Rabadon's next item unless I absolutely NEED to buy a defensive item (either because my opponent got fed or because someone else on their team is getting too huge to simply ignore them and go stragith damage)?

http://www.leagueoflegendsmath.com/Must ... ml#Rabadon

Someone did the work for you.

TL;DR: if going offensive, build void staff,
unless
you have a shield or something similar that scales off ap.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #40982 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 40968, zoraster wrote:it counts trinket wards, so probably that.

I actually don't buy trinket sometimes.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40983 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 40973, hitogoroshi wrote:flaminghito on skype and league. [ZPR] Hito on steam is the best way to contact me, though.

I send a league friend request, at least.

And...he did? Then I guess I won't.

In post 40974, zoraster wrote:I don't think it's optimal (heal has saved me/my teammates from getting killed/gotten me kills almost as much as flash), but teleport on an ADC isn't exactly like taking clairvoyance or something. Teleport is pretty awesome.

It might be, but it's not an item that's good for an AD.

In post 40976, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Voided, if you go to op.gg and click record on your games during loading screen, I can take a look also if you want!

(or like if you have any other means to record your games/have recorded your past games)

Probly need an account there, don't I?

(I used to have LoLreplay, but I think it got really outdated and I couldn't figure out how to bring up my own replays to use them.)

In post 40980, quadz08 wrote:I would actually really love to give it a shot - I haven't tried it yet, but have wanted to for a while.

I'm voidedlegend, if you want to friend me or look for me. I'm taking a small break now but I will be getting back to my last 3 placement matches soon. I've got at least a 3-game streak thanks to some pretty good teams, but I'm kinda worried that I'm either going to ruin that streak or get a bad team.

In post 40983, PJ. wrote:
In post 40968, zoraster wrote:it counts trinket wards, so probably that.

I actually don't buy trinket sometimes.

I always buy one, but not always upgrade it.

(Btw, as an adc, when should I change to scrying orb, if ever? I feel like I need to ability to place a ward down more than I need that, even if it'd help spot baron/dragon attempts)
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #40984 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 40969, Maestro wrote:What would you all recommend for trying Corki?

Practice, practice, practice. I sucked balls at Corki the first dozen or so times I played him. So I stopped playing him for a long time. Then I picked him up again and sucked again but stuck it out. Now he's my main.

R > Q > E > W

Take one rank in W at level 2 if you have any fear of being ganked or CC'd by the enemy support.
Don't forget pots. Corki is really mana hungry early on, and I'll typically get one mana pot on my first back to sustain my way through lane better.
Speaking of first back: If you have enough to get Sheen, do that. Otherwise, get Phage parts, and then get Sheen after you finish Phage.
Like with any Triforce champ, practice weaving AAs with your abilities.
Take advantage of your Triforce power spike. As soon as you get Triforce, you want to be taking over the map. Push towers, pokepokepoke, zone jungle camps/dragon.

Triforce, Sorc Shoes, I Edge, Last Whisper, (lifesteal item)/(defensive item) in either order... much of the time this is what your build order will look like. Obviously it's situationally dependent.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40985 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 40982, mykonian wrote:
In post 40959, Voidedmafia wrote:Btw, general question regarding mid: I'm fairly positive that the first item you should get is morello's/Athenes most of the time (because first-world mana problems), excluding mana-less champs like Kat, but should I almost always go for, like, Rabadon's next item unless I absolutely NEED to buy a defensive item (either because my opponent got fed or because someone else on their team is getting too huge to simply ignore them and go stragith damage)?

http://www.leagueoflegendsmath.com/Must ... ml#Rabadon

Someone did the work for you.

TL;DR: if going offensive, build void staff,
unless
you have a shield or something similar that scales off ap.

It's a champ by champ basis.
Don't alwyas do the same thing.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #40986 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, @Voidedmafia, I'm also potentially interested in casting. Add me (Glork on NA).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40987 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Playing my next game, or trying to. Look for voidedlegend or vVv_Voided if you want to spectate.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40988 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

G7...I don't get why we lost. Maybe I wasn't watching the other lanes that much, but I don't understand how we got out of the early game that bad.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40989 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Hito and I are casting Voided's next placement game at twitch.tv/quadz08

RIGHT NOW

GO GO GO
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40990 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by quadz08 »

JK probably doing it on hito's twitch - I can't do it anymore because lol ping
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40991 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

G8 done. I think that the dragon play was what set us behind and eventually cost us. We should've pinged there earlier so fiddle could've been there.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #40992 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

http://www.twitch.tv/flaminghito

still trying to make it work through technical difficulties, pop in and tell us if there's delay or whatever
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40993 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

idk about delay, I just had it constantly trying to buffer ever 2-3 seconds. THat might've just been me, tho.

Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40994 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I spectated G8, so if you don't mind I'm going to give some of my thoughts on it. I'm only really going to talk about your lanephase since it's a bit tricky to do anything past that without a replay to watch.

To start with, your lane mechanics aren't that bad. You didn't really take many dumb trades, and your csing was pretty good. It could'be been a little better before your first base since neither side was playing too aggressive, but it was fine overall and you outfarmed Ashe.

One big thing thing though is that you respect your lane opponent too much as Cait. One of Cait's biggest strengths is her ability to poke and bully out enemy laners. Against a lane like Taric/Ashe that you outrange, you need to focus more on playing aggressive in lane and poking them out. Whenever the enemy AD looks like they're trying to step up to farm, start harassing them with autos. It can be hard, especially for less experienced ADs, to deal with a Cait that tries to auto them whenever they try to cs.

Along with that, you can use Cait's passive to zone your lane opponent. When your passive comes up, instead of wasting it try to hold the headshot. By holding headshot in lane, you can zone the enemy laners by walking up to them when they'll try to cs. No laner wants to take a Cait passive shot, so most will back off losing a couple of cs as long as you hold it and make sure to scare them with it.

One last thing, Im not sure if you know about it but you can combo abilities with Cait's E, and it's pretty important to learn if you're a big Cait player. When you e, you can cast q or r during the animation. I'm not really sure how to describe it, so here's a video to show what it looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFZO9zz-DIY
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40995 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

In post 40984, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 40976, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Voided, if you go to op.gg and click record on your games during loading screen, I can take a look also if you want!

Probly need an account there, don't I?

(I used to have LoLreplay, but I think it got really outdated and I couldn't figure out how to bring up my own replays to use them.)

You don't need to have an account for op.gg. It's a lot like lolking, except with the ability to check your in game, ex what runes/masteries your teammates/enemies running, etc (like lolnexus.com), plus the ability to record games. When in loading screen, alt tab, go to your na.op.gg, search your name, click on "in game info" in top right, then click "record" in top right.

ex: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=karthos
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40996 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 40996, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You don't need to have an account for op.gg. It's a lot like lolking, except with the ability to check your in game, ex what runes/masteries your teammates/enemies running, etc (like lolnexus.com), plus the ability to record games. When in loading screen, alt tab, go to your na.op.gg, search your name, click on "in game info" in top right, then click "record" in top right.

Okay, but I'm asking because I searched for both voidedlegend and vVv_Voided and I didn't get anything.

Unless it's because I'm not ranked yet. idk.

In other news, I won my last placement game, which puts me at...5-5, I think. Or 6-4. I really feel liket hose last two losses hurt my chances, but here goes...

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40997 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bronze II. Not bad. I think I was hoping for Silver V because I got B1 when I played my placements right before S4 ended. Shame.

Well, that's it for tonight. Hope you two enjoyed casting, hito and quadz.

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40998 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:19 pm

In post 40997, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 40996, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You don't need to have an account for op.gg. It's a lot like lolking, except with the ability to check your in game, ex what runes/masteries your teammates/enemies running, etc (like lolnexus.com), plus the ability to record games. When in loading screen, alt tab, go to your na.op.gg, search your name, click on "in game info" in top right, then click "record" in top right.

Okay, but I'm asking because I searched for both voidedlegend and vVv_Voided and I didn't get anything.

Unless it's because I'm not ranked yet. idk.

In other news, I won my last placement game, which puts me at...5-5, I think. Or 6-4. I really feel liket hose last two losses hurt my chances, but here goes...

Umm I'm trying to search for you right now on league and it says theres no such summoner with that name...
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40999 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by quadz08 »

vvv_voided is his name

Return to “The Arcade”