Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

And my desire to lynch someone other than CDB has increased!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3804, ChannelDelibird wrote:If it gets to the point where I'm going to have to be hammered (and it still frakking shouldn't, btw, there are enough people and enough time to save me), please give me a chance to out the sign of my target. I think it's worth doing if I'm not going to survive.

Why do you think this is a good idea?

In post 3798, ChannelDelibird wrote:I correctly Detected a player whom I thought might be scum and might perform a kill during the Minor Night. I actually would have been tempted to go in harder on this player Today but I was still hoping to have the wagon on me fall away without having to claim so that I could be more sure of getting the investigation away.

I really, really, really dislike role-based excuses for how people are playing. Because they come a lot more often from scum than town. I also think given your stated reads and how weak all your scumreads are that this really is just an excuse for playing in a way that people are finding scummy, that most of your scumreads are basically borderline-interchangable lurkers, and that if you honestly think that someone outside of that is LIKELY enough to be scum that you can make a better case than your previous one throwing darts at ActionDan, you should be making that case.

Also, implying you're worth protection right now to me sounds basically deluded.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Espeonage »

People need to prematurely claim more often.
Don't @ me.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:23 am

Post by singersigner »

ActionDan it seems like activity is only a problem when you're not currently being discussed. With RRR you were plenty inactive, and in just about every game I've seen you in previously. There's a pattern, and just because you happen to take exception to that when you're being wagoned, doesn't me it's suddenly "not an issue anymore."

And calling back to my previous town read of you to defend an entire history of posting (not to mention your most recent ones in this game) is reaching, don't you think?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:23 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 3825, DeasVail wrote:And my desire to lynch someone other than CDB has increased!

Hooray! Together we can have it all!
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Gammagooey »

question to singer and Deas.

What makes you think his role is more likely to be aligned with town than scum?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:31 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 90 (Major Day 1, VC 52)

(8)
ChannelDelibird:
Gammagooey, Titus, Formerfish, Bulbazak, TellTaleHeart, Untrod Tripod, vezokpiraka, ActionDan
(Shadoweh)
[L-2]
(3)
ActionDan:
ChannelDelibird, DeasVail, singersigner
(2)
Titus:
Espeonage, Aronis
(vezokpiraka)

(1)
singersigner:
mastin2
(Untrod Tripod)

(1)
Aronis:
Shadoweh
(0)
Espeonage:
(ActionDan)

(3)
Not Voting:
Oversoul, Cheetory6, GuyinFreezer

With 18 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)

Bulbazak is V/LA until April 27th. GuyInFreezer is V/LA until April 27th.

Ten and a half hours until deadline.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Titus »

Hmm Tracker, detected someone likely to be killed ..sounds like scum tracker.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3832, Titus wrote:Hmm Tracker, detected someone likely to be killed ..sounds like scum tracker.

did you write this incorrectly or is this what you actually believe?

if the 2nd, please reread CDB's claim and come back.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:35 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

PEDIT: TITUS, PLEASE LEARN TO READ, I DID NOT SAY I DETECTED SOMEONE LIKELY TO BE KILLED. I DETECTED SOMEONE I THOUGHT WAS LIKELY TO BE CHOSEN TO PERFORM A KILL IF, AS I SUSPECTED, THEY WERE PART OF A MAFIA TEAM. COULD YOU PLEASE, PLEASE ACTUALLY READ THE WORDS THAT I POST AND STUDY WHAT THEY MEAN. FOR ONCE!

In post 3826, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 3804, ChannelDelibird wrote:If it gets to the point where I'm going to have to be hammered (and it still frakking shouldn't, btw, there are enough people and enough time to save me), please give me a chance to out the sign of my target. I think it's worth doing if I'm not going to survive.

Why do you think this is a good idea?

Because I'm actually confident-ish in the read, and I'd like for him to die soon if I'm lynched. I'll just say it, for the sake of transparency.
I detected Aronis
, who I think is probably lurker scum letting the loud players just fight it out among themselves.

I really, really, really dislike role-based excuses for how people are playing. Because they come a lot more often from scum than town. I also think given your stated reads and how weak all your scumreads are that this really is just an excuse for playing in a way that people are finding scummy

That's not quite what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to excuse my whole play - the only difference to how I would have played this as a VT, I suspect, is that I would have just sat on Aronis since the end of the Minor Day. This is just to explain why I haven't pushed Aronis

and that if you honestly think that someone outside of that is LIKELY enough to be scum that you can make a better case than your previous one throwing darts at ActionDan, you should be making that case.

You can tell from my reads list that Aronis is my strongest scumread but I don't really have anything to push - it's just the fact that he's probably generic lurker scum - so I got a bit too enamored with finding something else to do and taking advantage of my detect to hit him at night. In a game where I can't always expect my night actions to work even if I target the right people, having the advantage of definitely being able to track a suspect and therefore lynching somebody else was really appealing.

Also, implying you're worth protection right now to me sounds basically deluded.

I have a powerful pro-town role, and if I survive this wagon then it'll be because people believe that I'm town - because, look at ActionDan, it's not just going to be a formality based on claim alone - so at that point those are the ingredients for someone being worth protection, yes.
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:42 am

Post by Gammagooey »

CDB remind me why you're townreading singer
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

Nacho and I did some meta diving of Aronis yesterday.

Summary:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go - town

- hostility is cyclical, and event driven. he is questioning people and scumhunting (nacho)

- tonewise his posts are similar to this game. his analysis and mindset both come off very town, and are similar to this game. (me)

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go - scum

- there is a very strong trend in his scum vs town play that come out in the above game. And this game is like his town play. he tends not to question others, and he works to get mislynches in before he goes down (but not always - he does sometimes whikteknight) (nacho)

- no analysis and lots of voting. he wk'd pisskop in this game as pisskop was run up. The only thing here that is even slightly parallel to our game is the way he was so sure TSO was town but didn't put up a real fight or argument about the lynch, just refused to participate (me)

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Another scum game (somewhat atypical because he was bussed to shit) (nacho)

towngame - he replaced into this one. he opened with a reads list. he was a pr. he came off thoughtful and earnest compared to his scum games. his vote changes had good, game state driven reasons.

another town game showing how much more analytical he is than when scum. there were also some examples of sarcasm about being scumread.

We both came away from the meta dive feeling that this is aronis' town game.

------------

I reread Aronis' iso before I started the metadive, and I noticed something that I saw recently before in another player. In real time, watching his posts hit the thread in context, I often felt they looked scummy. Reading them in iso, the posts give me a strong townvibe. This happened with town-Egg in a recent game. It could be an artifact of sporadic catch-ups or of phone posting or something. With Egg, anytime I felt the urge to lynch rising, I'd reread his iso and get another grip on my townread.

------------

This is a strong, thoughtful town given not just the player list but most of the teams. Reading through Aronis' games I've seen him mislynched by towns that looked pretty lazy in doing so.

It would be really cool if this town figures him out and doesn't default-mislynch him if he's town.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:46 am

In post 3835, Gammagooey wrote:CDB remind me why you're townreading singer

not going to waste work time explaining something that's already in my easily isoable reads list from yesterday
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

fair

i think there are probably about 2 scum in the pile of people that everyone's written off as not lynchable today. Who do you think is scum that has basically little or no chance of being lynched today?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Titus »

Blech. So tired. Sorry I misread.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3838, Gammagooey wrote:fair

i think there are probably about 2 scum in the pile of people that everyone's written off as not lynchable today. Who do you think is scum that has basically little or no chance of being lynched today?

Are you proposing a no lynch?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Gammagooey »

can you like

think about the conclusions you're making

before immediately posting about them
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Gammagooey »

hint: no
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Hey.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ok. I am back from a pretty rough sickness over the last few days.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Increasingly feeling like I shouldn't be playing this game.
Like.
Damn.
Someone ask me something or ask me to do something because I am just not feeling fucking anything right now wrt this game.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Like.
I look at CDB ISO and I think of things and then I think "oh wait, that's stupid, all of the reasons you think people are scum or town are stupid."
Highfive me.
Go me.
Woo.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Titus »

Gaming at 3 today. Off to play skyrim to try and wake up.

FFery, you have basically dismantled many wagons today. That readwall would be great so we can get a lynch.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Oversoul »

I really dislike the strength of CDB's role.

Tracker + Rolecop?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:34 am

In post 3838, Gammagooey wrote:fair

Dunno about people who 'everyone' has written off but in terms of people who look very unlikely to be lynched soon but on whose towniness I'm not sold, I guess you'd be looking at the likes of Bulbazak, Shadoweh, maybe someone like mastin (if I could read her at all), Formerfish, UT? I'd feel far better about voting for the first two there than the latter three, though. Also not sure what this question is trying to accomplish but I'll just run with it
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”