Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:18 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 422, pisskop wrote:Why?

Because. :P

Seriously I won't be doing it. I was just pondering it for a moment.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:19 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Senator, your posting is...infrequent.

I'm not used to that.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 am

Post by ConManMick »

I haven't moved my RVS vote because I think I picked a winner. I'm waiting for my horse to come in.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

No, I'm stating that the comma suggests these are different points! 28 I liked as it shows he wants to move out of rvs and into scum-hunting. Why wouldn't you challenge flub? He's scum-reading con for rvs nonsense, and rather than jump on it, he asks why. If you are scum-reading me for being 'opportunistic', this is the opposite.
102: I dunno why you think I'm not agreeing with you here. I am agreeing this was self-conscious. I'm saying that it was a reaction to farside's reaction to me. I'm asking why this is a scum-tell.
162: they promised catch-up posts. It was reasonable to a)assume I'd get answers and b) push if not. Pushing the same questions at them before they've done it seems unreasonable.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Senator »

In post 426, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Senator, your posting is...infrequent.

I'm not used to that.

That's why I got the alt. So I could try to be more concise and not posting 200 times in a game.
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:28 am

Can I get a reads list?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Okay, onto con-man.

Before the post BBT pointed out, no, not really. They'd not done much to catch my attention, and also it was like my ninth post?
But, that changed on the pages around my vote. Let's summarise the case on him.
posts 1-6: fluff, and stating he hasn't 'got anything yet' and setting up a reason not to give reads.
7- questions plot, no real follow-up.
8-9 nothing much
10-12 about rvs. Isn't progressing the game
13: now his rvs is serious, mainly 'coz flub has pushed on him (this will become a theme!)
14-22- literally all fluff/he knows a player irl. Again makes an excuse for not having reads.
23: has a vague read, on someone who's voted him. Apologises for 'dicking about', asks for advice. This is what really got me 'pinging'
24: no reads, and fluff. he's literally just said he wouldn't do this.
25: suddenly looks way better. but who is he commenting on? People who are scum-reading him. Also, he's kinda missed the point of my response to far.
26: I have no real rreads. Or I might. But only if you want me to share them 0.o
27: one of his better posts.
28: about irl
30-31: about someone who's voting him. has again kinda (deliberately) missed the point of my response to far.
32: best post. could be faked, though, as is easy.
33:nothing
34: fluff
35: going back to old ideas, not asking any questions. no progression (still about someone who's voting for him)
36: vaguely refers to the fact he's misinterpreted me, I'm still scum
37: 'why I haven't done anything since rvs'.

I can't see any progression to the game, even when he's a) asked for advice on how to do it and b) acknowledged that fluff-posting is a pain, but doesn't stop. He only gives clear reads/thoughts on people voting for him (who are scum) and isn't trying to sort the game at all. Do you need me to explain more, bbt?

(also, the scum-reading people voting you thing is really scummy, to me. For example, I think bbt is town, even with his vote on me, and I do like the discussion he's prompted.)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:53 am

Bella, I'm curious why you don't think Ric could fake either 28 or 90?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 428, Bellaphant wrote:He's scum-reading con for rvs nonsense

ok you're scum
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Bellaphant »

28, maybe he could, but I don't see why you would fake 90, rather than a)doing nothing or b) using it to push a scum-agenda. Why would you fake 90? (not sarcasm, actual question)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Also no longer willing to sheep a Plot wagon in the event it forms
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:01 am

In post 434, Bellaphant wrote:28, maybe he could, but I don't see why you would fake 90, rather than a)doing nothing or b) using it to push a scum-agenda. Why would you fake 90? (not sarcasm, actual question)

Town cred? It was an easy post to attack.

He is essentially defending everyone who RVS'ed. You really don't see the scum motivation for doing something like that?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 372, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Can you expand on this read Flubber. I can see it but want to know why you're scum reading her.

Her scumread on me is bullshit and she can't keep coherent as is. I can see farside looking for an easy mislynch out of me
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@flub, I'm not the only one who didn't get it at that point. 103 makes it clearer.

@bbt, okay.Did he? And, no, it's not something I've seen/thought about before. I could just be ignorant of it, though.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:17 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 309, Senator wrote:
@FA_Q2

In post 235, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 197, Ricastle wrote:Didn't you
just
say Spartan was V/LA?

This is actually starting to sound bad.

Agreed.

I am beginning to think this was a straight up slip. Con is a good lynch candidate for day one IMHO. We really need to hear from Spartan.

Let's say that Conman really slipped. That would imply that they scum together, right? So why would questioning spartan about this have yielded anything but an easy lie?
Can you summarize your reason for keeping your vote on Flubber?

Because it would require Spartan to actually link himself with con or distance. I think it would have provided more information if we ended up with a flip from either. More information and/or commitment from players can be beneficial in the long term even if the information is not necessarily that useful today.

I would not have necessarily trusted the answer but there is no such thing as an ‘easy’ lie. The more lies a scum must tell, the more likely we are to catch them in one.

I am keeping my vote on flubber right now because he is getting scummier and scummier as this game goes on.

He has actively avoided answering my questions and his last statement to me was nothing but bullshit and purposeful misconstruing what I stated.

Then he stated I was making things up. Scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:19 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 437, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 372, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Can you expand on this read Flubber. I can see it but want to know why you're scum reading her.

Her scumread on me is bullshit and she can't keep coherent as is. I can see farside looking for an easy mislynch out of me

That's why I'm pushing a lynch and cLalling you scum right now.

Wait no I'm not doing that at all. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 436, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:He is essentially defending everyone who RVS'ed. You really don't see the scum motivation for doing something like that?
I did that arguably twice and neither was an actual defence. Flubber's logic on Con's vote was flat-out flawed and I challenged that; I took no stance on Con during that exchange. I was also not defending choof, merely arguing that shouldn't be taken into serious account when trying to read him as it's totally null.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:39 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

More to come later. I know there are a lot more questions I need to answer but I am tired as hell and need to get some sleep for work tomorrow.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

farside22 wrote:

Okay but that's not refuting your read is bullshit but keep trying to be condescending to discredit me
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

There's not enough people here ive fucked up around for you to laugh me off as a vi this game
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Senator »

Plotinus
Ric
BBT
Farside

FA_Q2
Conman

Everyone else - I'd lynch below this line

Bella
Papi
Flubber
Lane
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Okay, I've finished rereading the thread. I'd been reading as it happened but I wanted the whole thing fresh in my mind. Ended up reading in order after adding a couple more ISOs to my notes because reading in order is faster. and now it's late and i'm tired but i'll share my reads list and try to explain it.

10+
BlueBloodedToffee
- like the catch up so far, looked over the thread with a sharp eye. I have been feeling less apathetic about the thread since BBT started posting and I like how he's showing his work and evaluating things but listens to input and is willing to change his mind about stuff.
FA_Q2
- looking for townmotivation in other people's posts, poking people when he doesn't find it, prompts people to explain themselves when they state that a read has changed without explaining why, liked .

8 to 5
farside22
- can see town motivation in her posts, has been scumhunting and asking people questions and stuff
Bellaphant
- was on the fence for a while but I'm liking the way she's responding to BBT's pushes against her. She's remaining calm and explaining herself.
Flubbernugget
- could usually see where he was coming from while reading through sequentially and was sometimes agreeing with him, but his ISO is hard to parse. wish he'd use the word "because" more, especially when talking about his reads.

3 to -2
Ricastle
- the rvs argument was kind of lame and i didn't get why he was asking me the same questions again and expecting different answers and it's kinda annoying when he brings it up now because i've moved on, but he does seem to be scumhunting and asking people questions and trying to understand where others are coming from.
choof
- I liked the way he responded to my RVS vote and that he didn't get overly defensive about it. But he hasn't really done anything this game.
Wrong Song
- hasn't done much yet.
Papi Bear
- prodging already :/ hasn't done much but keeps talking about how he'll eventually do something. Asking for people to summarise things when the game was only 13 pages long. It's not like we were on page 300 and he'd just replaced in.
ConManMick
- lots of fluff early on, had some nice towny posts but isn't asking many questions yet or trying to sort people
lane0168
- i don't even know he's pretty null
Senator
- his earlier posts weren't doing it for me, but I think he's getting more engaged in the game now

RationalMadman
- hasn't done anything yet but suggest a policy lynch on lurkers. He's only just replaced in though so he can have some time to get caught up.
vettrock
- actively lurking, only posts to say that he's not doing anything.

TheReverend
- I liked his entrance until BBT said that him focusing on the SK is a scumtell and now that he's said it I can see the point and I think I might have read that somewhere before I'd just forgotten it.

This is where I'd vote but I have a new rule about voting after midnight. The list is in order and the distinctions between the categories aren't that strong yet, but basically dark green and red are more than 1 standard deviation from the mean and the middle 3 colours are townlean, null, and scumlean.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@sen, some people missing from your list?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 443, Flubbernugget wrote:
farside22 wrote:

Okay but that's not refuting your read is bullshit but keep trying to be condescending to discredit me

I called you scum once.
I've moved you to null with wouldn't be shocked if you were sk.
I'm not pushing your lynch or making a case I'm making notes.

Not refuting shit, other then I'm not voting or pushing for your lynch, which is fact
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 448, farside22 wrote:Not refuting shit

Return to “Completed Open Games”