Mini 1665: Papers, Please Mafia (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.07Otolia (4) - xRECKONERx, Cheetory6, Untrod Tripod, Dinare
Kop (2) - Wrong Song, hitogoroshi
Quilford (2) - elusive, PeaceBringer
Untrod Tripod (2) - GuyInFreezer, Quilford
Cheetory6 (1) - Kop
Dinare (1) - Otolia
Wrong Song (1) - ChaosOmega

Not Voting (0)

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, May 7, 2015, at 11:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-05-07 23:30:00).
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:39 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 162, hitogoroshi wrote:Also PB, I unvoted Otalia so you'd only be making him L-2. Feel free.

WTH did you do that?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:41 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 161, Otolia wrote:I don't claim D1.

so you are an anti-town jerk then I see...
anyone who takes such a stand I will vote for on policy as it is anti-game and antitown...
just stupid!
Vote oto...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:42 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 164, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 162, hitogoroshi wrote:Also PB, I unvoted Otalia so you'd only be making him L-2. Feel free.

so you think Kop is still more compelling than this juicy juicy oto/PB ballet?

UT- wth with the misrep?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:44 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

So you were willing to take Oto to L-1, and you have no idea why the hell I'd unvote Otolia, but you're going for an alignment-null policy reason to vote Otolia? That's interesting.

And UT isn't misrepping, he was referring to MY vote on Kop.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:44 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 170, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 122, PeaceBringer wrote:I am comfortable with the oto or quil votes
back to
vote quilford...

-popcorn-

why were you voting him before this?

what makes you comfortable voting him?

he caught my attention with his interactions
liked the folks that were voting him...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 179, hitogoroshi wrote:So you were willing to take Oto to L-1, and you have no idea why the hell I'd unvote Otolia, but you're going for an alignment-null policy reason to vote Otolia? That's interesting.

I don't like the manipulative I won't f-ing claim on day one bullshit. Everyone gets run up day one soon or later. Folks playing that game is just BS manipulative crap. It is antitown and antigame and it pisses me off. The game is all about running someone up, getting a claim and evaluate. All anyone has on day one is will speculation... to claim otherwise is bullshit. And I hate refusals to claim and will not budge if someone is pulling that shit.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 179, hitogoroshi wrote:So you were willing to take Oto to L-1, and you have no idea why the hell I'd unvote Otolia, but you're going for an alignment-null policy reason to vote Otolia? That's interesting.

calling my interaction with OTO as ballet is a misrep...
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 171, xRECKONERx wrote:hito & I are bros outside the game

that may be why he's trying to pick my brain. that's what i just assumed was happening

Alright.

In post 169, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 109, Dinare wrote:I might as well throw my thoughts on this while I'm thinking about it. You cannot advance the game by adopting the "prey" mentality as you claim. Any advancement that happens in that case is simply a result of you allowing the perceived "hunter(s)" to do so for you.

uhhh wouldn't a "prey" mentality apply to Otolia?

Otolia's freakish defensiveness and persecution complex over basically a few early votes is a huge red flag

I think you should read what I said about Dinare. The rest of your votes are irrelevant, his isn't. I was being unjustly attacked because I wasn't active enough. And now that I am, you can find scummy people on my wagon (Dinare) or people who flat out refuses to answer any question that I ask (UT). I may not have had the best entry but I will not lie down and wait for scum to pile on my lynch in a game I've waited a month to enter.

Also what's with you all and condescending gif posts :igmeou:

In post 177, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 161, Otolia wrote:I don't claim D1.

so you are an anti-town jerk then I see...
anyone who takes such a stand I will vote for on policy as it is anti-game and antitown...
just stupid!
Vote oto...

What do you think I could possibly bring to the table by claiming now ? Everyone is thinking I'm scum so unless I'm a role I can prove immediately (like DayVig), me claiming wouldn't bring anything to the table. And the worst in this, is that if you're town and I'm getting lynched you've just served yourself a perfect D2 lynch for scum to push without risking anything. As for the accusation of playing against my alignment, well you can shove it. I have played badly today but I have not played against my alignment, nor will I ever do that.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:51 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 183, Otolia wrote:What do you think I could possibly bring to the table by claiming now ? Everyone is thinking I'm scum so unless I'm a role I can prove immediately (like DayVig), me claiming wouldn't bring anything to the table. And the worst in this, is that if you're town and I'm getting lynched you've just served yourself a perfect D2 lynch for scum to push without risking anything. As for the accusation of playing against my alignment, well you can shove it. I have played badly today but I have not played against my alignment, nor will I ever do that.

flat out refusal to claim day one and playing Manuplative BS is that. It take this as a soft VT claim. I come from an entirely different philosophy but philosophy has nothing to do with stating out right "I never claim day one" bullshit.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 181, PeaceBringer wrote:
I don't like the manipulative I won't f-ing claim on day one bullshit. Everyone gets run up day one soon or later. Folks playing that game is just BS manipulative crap. It is antitown and antigame and it pisses me off. The game is all about running someone up, getting a claim and evaluate. All anyone has on day one is will speculation... to claim otherwise is bullshit. And I hate refusals to claim and will not budge if someone is pulling that shit.

Why do you care if a scum player refuses to claim?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Oto, you drew attention to yourself day 1 with you play, you get runup, you claim, town evaluates and either you get lynced or we move on. This is how the game is played. Sure, around here, folks like to let run ups tail off and go elsewhere... it is not how I play
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:54 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 185, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 181, PeaceBringer wrote:

Why do you care if a scum player refuses to claim?

it is antitown, it is antithical to how the game is played... flat out stating never claim day one is just manipulative BS...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:56 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 185, hitogoroshi wrote:Why do you care if a scum player refuses to claim?

let me add, claims are information, without a claim there is less information...
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:56 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Why is scum being manipulative antithetical to how the game is played?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Otolia »

Also and for everyone who thinks I'm just a retard who's out to ruin the game : Here is a post from Vi on claiming in various situations. I feel I wouldn't bring anything by claiming right now.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:59 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 189, hitogoroshi wrote:Why is scum being manipulative antithetical to how the game is played?

so you know oto for fact is scum...
I don't
he is a player in the game. His behaviors was suspiscious so run up.
Refusal to claim goes against the very heart of the game...
it is basically and F-U to the rest of the players.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:01 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 191, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 189, hitogoroshi wrote:Why is scum being manipulative antithetical to how the game is played?

I don't

No, I don't know Otolia is scum.

I do know that you were willing to put him at L-1 and that you were shocked I unvoted him. So you should think the chance of his being town is pretty low. Given that, your anger at something that's only against the game if he's town seems exaggerated.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

to add it is opposed to game play as it makes one player making themself more inportant then the game. Such an action is designed to elict never being run up on day one and is not in line with fair play. It is overall manipulitative and contrary what is sound play in this game. He made it beyond this game by saying never claims day 1. He took it beyond this game.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 192, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 191, PeaceBringer wrote:

I don't

No, I don't know Otolia is scum.

I do know that you were willing to put him at L-1 and that you were shocked I unvoted him. So you should think the chance of his being town is pretty low. Given that, your anger at something that's only against the game if he's town seems exaggerated.

it is not exaggerated... again, I come from a different culture all together. I have no idea if he is town or not. His behavior is suspect, so voting, voting leads to claim. His chance of being town is 50-50. When players get up, I expect to see a claim. A STATEMENT THAT NEVER CLAIMS DAY ONE- is manipulative.

And if you think my frustration is not truthful, go examine my meta. I stopped the site in 2005 after stuff I couldn't live with. I even left this site over frustration over similar issues but came back to try somewhere and things had been going okay. It is a cultural difference but this kind of stuff gets me. Where I come from refusal to claim will get the person policy lynched period. But that is on per game. If someone were to claim never claim on day one they would be summarily lynched day one till they left or changed.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 173, hitogoroshi wrote:Not quite. Just getting weird vibes on you sheeping me, wanted to see your independent thoughts on Otolia, figured that'd be a good question to do it.

I greatly respect you as a player, so when you caught onto something that made me go, "Huh, I could see it" and then I saw Otolia flail in response, I decided to go with you. I am in a rough space right now w/r/t time dedication to games, so of course I looked for a way to do something I felt was pro-town and productive while putting in as little effort as possible.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 183, Otolia wrote:The rest of your votes are irrelevant, his isn't. I was being unjustly attacked because I wasn't active enough.

Wait can you quote this? No time right now, but that's a really shitty reason to vote someone on page 7 of a game that has been open like 48 hours at most? Especially since I'm fairly sure you have more content/activity than I do
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 180, PeaceBringer wrote:
back to
vote quilford...

-popcorn-

What
interactions?

And
which
people voting him did you want to sheep?
green shirt thursdays
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 196, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 183, Otolia wrote:The rest of your votes are irrelevant, his isn't. I was being unjustly attacked because I wasn't active enough.

Wait can you quote this? No time right now, but that's a really shitty reason to vote someone on page 7 of a game that has been open like 48 hours at most? Especially since I'm fairly sure you have more content/activity than I do

I don't understand what you're asking. Could you be more specific ?

If you were asking about the first vote on me :
In post 36, hitogoroshi wrote:that otolia post is kinda gross. no random vote or nuthin. Like he's already scared there's content he's gotta fake so he gives what essentially feels like a prod dodge post in a game where nothing's happened.

Unvote, Vote: Otolia

In response to this (1:38 AM CEST in Paris where I am) :
In post 35, Otolia wrote:Hey I'm here. I'm sleepy. I'll be back this week-end !
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 197, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 180, PeaceBringer wrote:
back to
vote quilford...

-popcorn-

What
interactions?

And
which
people voting him did you want to sheep?

the ones that he had... don't like my votes, vote me, I don't care. I am not sheeping anyone. I see folks i think town voting. Stop pretending that folks know crap on day 1. Only ones who do are mafia. Go back and look to what I responded to, it is there.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”