A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Throne Books. Spoilers)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Has she even gotten to Winterfell? I thought she was still in Moat Cailin?

As far as Jeyne-Sansa, I think there'll be some of that, and I'm dreading it. I expect it won't be as bad as the books, and I think this is where we see Sansa start to act as Littlefinger's protege, doing some manipulation. You saw it already in her interaction with Roose Bolton.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 800, hasdgfas wrote:Has she even gotten to Winterfell? I thought she was still in Moat Cailin?

As far as Jeyne-Sansa, I think there'll be some of that, and I'm dreading it. I expect it won't be as bad as the books, and I think this is where we see Sansa start to act as Littlefinger's protege, doing some manipulation. You saw it already in her interaction with Roose Bolton.

I am like 99% sure that they were in Winterfell. They went THROUGH Moat Cailin, I thought?

I thought that was like the whole significance of Sansa being put in the room...she recognized it as her old room (or maybe her parents').
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:38 am

Post by quadz08 »

It has been specifically stated by multiple actors currently sitting in winterfell (ramsay, sansa, theon, among others) that 'the most disturbing scene' thus far will be taking place this season

soooooo yeah, not looking forward to that
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:38 am

Post by quadz08 »

and yes they were definitely in winterfell - why would roose and ramsay be at moat cailin? They'd probably get murdered at Moat Cailin, tbh
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I dunno. The way Ramsay's previous squeeze (hunting companion girl) glared at Sansa makes me think she may try something with Sansa and that Sansa manipulates Ramsay into killing her in some brutal fashion. Especially since show!Ramsay seems to be actually infatuated with Sansa and is doing his best to make daddy proud, and Papa Roose knows how valuable Sansa is.

I can't see them putting Sophie Turner through a rape scene, especially after the flak they caught for the NOT REALLY RAPE rape scene with Jamie/Cersei.

Re: distrubing scene: My bet is on either Sansa controlling Ramsay's urges by pushing them off onto someone else (I.E., Margaery/Joffrey with the crossbow way back in S3)... or... Theon brutalizes someone to save Sansa.

I think Littlefinger is pretty smart, by the way... he brings a Stark to Winterfell and leaves her in the hand of a psychopath? I think not... I think, more likely, Littlefinger parlays with Stannis and baits him into assaulting Winterfell. It resolves the building Boltons vs Stannis scenario, and no matter who wins, he is sure he has a pawn setup in Winterfell where Sansa can unit the North behind Littlefinger's power.
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:56 am

Post by quadz08 »

the ramsay's girltoy drama would be an interesting turn, definitely

FWIW, littlefinger makes a point of letting the audience know that he
doesn't
know that ramsay is a psycho

also, littlefinger parlaying with stannis to have him bring down winterfell sounds lovely except that A) stannis is already going to do that
without
littlefinger's urging and B) Littlefinger legitimately gives a shit about Sansa, I think, and her potentially getting murderated by stannis' troops would be Bad News.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Stannis was going to do that with plans to have Jon be a Stark so he could rally the north.

Jon declined. He no longer has a Stark... but LF does!
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 804, xRECKONERx wrote:I dunno. The way Ramsay's previous squeeze (hunting companion girl) glared at Sansa makes me think she may try something with Sansa and that Sansa manipulates Ramsay into killing her in some brutal fashion. Especially since show!Ramsay seems to be actually infatuated with Sansa and is doing his best to make daddy proud, and Papa Roose knows how valuable Sansa is.

I can't see them putting Sophie Turner through a rape scene, especially after the flak they caught for the NOT REALLY RAPE rape scene with Jamie/Cersei.

Re: distrubing scene: My bet is on either Sansa controlling Ramsay's urges by pushing them off onto someone else (I.E., Margaery/Joffrey with the crossbow way back in S3)... or... Theon brutalizes someone to save Sansa.

I think Littlefinger is pretty smart, by the way... he brings a Stark to Winterfell and leaves her in the hand of a psychopath? I think not... I think, more likely, Littlefinger parlays with Stannis and baits him into assaulting Winterfell. It resolves the building Boltons vs Stannis scenario, and no matter who wins, he is sure he has a pawn setup in Winterfell where Sansa can unit the North behind Littlefinger's power.

I love the idea of Sansa using Ramsay as an attack dog.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 807, Iecerint wrote:
In post 804, xRECKONERx wrote:I dunno. The way Ramsay's previous squeeze (hunting companion girl) glared at Sansa makes me think she may try something with Sansa and that Sansa manipulates Ramsay into killing her in some brutal fashion. Especially since show!Ramsay seems to be actually infatuated with Sansa and is doing his best to make daddy proud, and Papa Roose knows how valuable Sansa is.

I love the idea of Sansa using Ramsay as an attack dog.

I think Theon might say a thing or two about the idea of using Ramsay for anything.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

It will be interesting to see what Theon does.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sansa has to have agency in her story. She
has to
... it has been far too long with her as a helpless bystander. They had a bit of that at the Vale, but here, Littlefinger is giving her to the Boltons. Now, this will either be another OH GOD HELPLESS DAMSEL situation, similar to the first 4 seasons... or, it'll mirror that situation, but let us see how far she has come. I'm super excited to see what Sansa pulls off, because I think we'll finally get to see just how much she has learned from LF
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 am

Post by quadz08 »

In post 806, xRECKONERx wrote:Stannis was going to do that with plans to have Jon be a Stark so he could rally the north.

Jon declined. He no longer has a Stark... but LF does!

Stannis and Davos literally told Jon they were going to march on winterfell anyway in this episode

plus, Jon is basically kicking them out of Castle Black because not enough supplies
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:18 am

Post by inte »

i'm sad they are leaving out euron. i'm sad that it seems they are leaving out deepwood motte
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I mean I get why they cut the Ironborn. This season is already all over the place... we haven't even had time to get Dorne rolling at all, the Ironborn would've been a disaster
green shirt thursdays
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

Any theories on how the series wraps up? I'm thinking its a song about how Jon and Danaerys meet and rule. There's been plenty of hints that's where it's going.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

How does the "Jon Rules" theory accord with
Jon getting stabbed to death at the end of the last book?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

1. The last book didn't say he died, just that he was stabbed. 2. GRRM already spoiled that Jon lives in one of the interviews he gave concerning Winds of Winter.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm gonna need a source for your point 2
green shirt thursdays
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

Martin could just as well have said "what Ned Stark's arc is gonna be," and that wouldn't mean Ned was coming back. It wouldn't mean anything. A character's story arc can still be spoken of in the present tense even when they are dead -- just as they can be spoken of in the past tense when alive, as GRRM does for Tyrion and Arya above.
This means nothing, and if you think it means Jon Snow is definitely still alive, then you know nothing.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 6:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah what
green shirt thursdays
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

When Arya was tasked with killing the Insurance Man (when she got her face changed the first time) I don't understand how she killed him? She gave another man a coin of the House of Black and White and that killed the Insurance Man?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 7:17 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 821, Oversoul wrote:When Arya was tasked with killing the Insurance Man (when she got her face changed the first time) I don't understand how she killed him? She gave another man a coin of the House of Black and White and that killed the Insurance Man?

He bit every coin he got, so she slipped a poisoned one in, and he died after biting down on that one.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Empire »

In post 821, Oversoul wrote:When Arya was tasked with killing the Insurance Man (when she got her face changed the first time) I don't understand how she killed him? She gave another man a coin of the House of Black and White and that killed the Insurance Man?

It's implied that the coin was laced with poison, since she notes the insurance man makes a habit of biting into any coin he receives.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 7:29 am

Post by inte »

how yall know grrm and think jon snow aint ded
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.

Return to “General Discussion”