sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 154, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 153, NotAnAxehole wrote:If anyone gets to L-1 and stays there for more than 5 hours, I'm slam dunking them because I think it's hilarious... And I don't think it's good to leave someone at L-1.

Just a warning.

I just saw scum do this in a game, his reasoning for hammering people at -1 was something like he "was just crazy" or a "wildcard".

fuuuuuckkk,

can I insist (now) a little more strongly that we screen notanaxehole please.

ika?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 158, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 157, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 153, NotAnAxehole wrote:
VOTE: Nero Cain

Primarily because I don't understand how his voting condition could fit into the game, unless it requires 1 less to lynch him per time he votes on a given day. That just sounds like a scum role to me, so unless someone has a better idea as to what the consequences of him voting are (probably not a hard limit) (Maybe he only gets one per day?)... I'm not sure, but it seems like a scum restriction more than a town restriction.

Why would it be a scum restriction? It's a much bigger punishment for scum than town as town have more votes.

That would be assuming that you know how many scum/town there are.

Also, if he's town, it's not much of a restriction at all is it?

how many scum would you expect in a game this size?
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Battlestar Galactica »

“The scrolls tell us a thirteenth tribe left Kobol in the early days. They travelled far and made their home upon a planet called Earth, which circled a distant and unknown star.” –
Elosha

VOTE COUNT 1.07

Andrius (3)
- BROseidon, SnowStorm, ValiliaRei
sangres (3)
- Tammy, Andrius, Brian Skies
Toogeloo (2)
- Porochaz, NotAnAxehole
BROseidon (1)
- ooba
NotAnAxehole (1)
- sangres
curiouskarmadog (1)
- Nikanor
ooba (1)
- curiouskarmadog

Not voting (5)
- Lady Lambdadelta, Nero Cain, Toogeloo, Bookitty, RIP

SCREEN COUNT

NotAnAxehole (4)
- curiouskarmadog, Toogeloo, BROseidon, Nero Cain
BROseidon (4)
- ValiliaRei, Bookitty, Porochaz, Brian Skies
Andrius (3)
- Tammy, ooba, Andrius
Bookitty (2)
- Nikanor, RIP
RIP (1)
- SnowStorm,
Tammy (1)
- NotAnAxehole

Not voting (2)
- sangres, Lady Lambdadelta

With 17 in play, it will take 9 votes to lynch or screen.

Deadline:
(expired on 2015-05-08 00:19:00)
All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

Nexus/CDB modding hydra. Battlestar Galactica Mafia is in Day 4.
ValiliaRei
ValiliaRei
Goon
ValiliaRei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by ValiliaRei »

Okay, I still don't understand how some people don't see the BRO claim as scummy:

1. He claimed Cylon.

2. My win condition is to kill all Cylons.

"But show flavor!"

No - he says he's only played the board game once.

"But flavor =/= alignment!"

Then why did Nikanor's Ellen Tigh role PM not mention anywhere that she was a Cylon on the show?

"But race =/= alignment!"

Wrong (at least when it comes to the Cylons). My wincon says to kill all Cylons, not evil Cylons, not some Cylons - ALL Cylons. There may be an evil human, but there is no such thing as a good Cylon in this game.

"But screening him isn't useful!"

Wrong. If the screening results in Cylon, then yay! we caught scum! If it results in human, then we know that there's something weird with the role PM's.

I had Toogeloo as town until #511, and now I'm not sure since he said that things didn't make sense to him until after the sample PM was posted.

Bookitty is looking like they're trying to solve what's going on, explaining their thought process and trying to understand the thought processes of others, so town.

Brian Skies confuses me. One minute he's defending BRO and the next he's voting to screen him.

I like Andrius, he actually gets his wincon! I was concerned at first that he didn't since for a minute there he was going on about how race =/= alignment, but he seems to get it now.

I don't understand why Nikanor is against screening BRO or why he thinks it would be useless.

NAA is trying to figure things out. I got a kick out of him not recognizing the alt. But it shows that he's actually combing though the game to find stuff.

I can't get a read on Tammy. My gut says town but I can't explain it.

I don't understand why people were thinking the ABR slot was scummy, especially since there were so few posts. I'm assuming it's a meta thing that I don't get.
ValiliaRei
ValiliaRei
Goon
ValiliaRei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Post by ValiliaRei »

Forgot to unvote

UNVOTE: Andrius
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Tammy is very definitely a she by the way NAA.

I know its early on in the day, but I would like player not voting to at least give a preference.

And I'd like these people -

In post 552, Battlestar Galactica wrote:Bookitty (2) - Nikanor, RIP
RIP (1) - SnowStorm,
Tammy (1) - NotAnAxehole

Not voting (2) - sangres, Lady Lambdadelta

To either shit or get off the pot.

Make a case or get on a better one.

Lets get this screening out of the road, and start discussing the lynch.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 219, Battlestar Galactica wrote:
In post 184, BROseidon wrote:
@Mods, can we have confirmation that the "Cylon" in the win con refers to an alignment, not a component of flavor

"Cylon players", as mentioned in the town win condition posted in post 2, refers to the scum faction of that name.

I'm just going to keep quoting this until people understand THAT CYLON AS A FACTION NAME DOESN'T NECESSARILY LINE UP WITH WHETHER THE CHARACTER IS/WAS A CYLON ON THE SHOW.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:05 am

Post by BROseidon »

Valila's pivots are also really disgusting.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:28 am

Post by Nikanor »

Axehole, if you don't understand Toog's actions then why do you have him as scum? I see you throwing a lot of accusations of inscrutibility at Toogeloo but not a lot of actually scummy things. Why not ask Toog about the stuff you don't understand instead?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:35 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 549, sangres wrote:
In post 153, NotAnAxehole wrote:If anyone gets to L-1 and stays there for more than 5 hours, I'm slam dunking them because I think it's hilarious... And I don't think it's good to leave someone at L-1.

Just a warning.

I'm currently reading Nikanor as slight town, Nero as slight scum

Primarily because I don't understand how his voting condition could fit into the game, unless it requires 1 less to lynch him per time he votes on a given day. That just sounds like a scum role to me, so unless someone has a better idea as to what the consequences of him voting are (probably not a hard limit) (Maybe he only gets one per day?)... I'm not sure, but it seems like a scum restriction more than a town restriction.

Why does it seem like a scum restriction?

I honestly just didn't think it was that restrictive as town, maybe it's too restrictive as scum though? I also thought it was odd that he started with that, not too worried about it at the moment.

In post 551, sangres wrote:
In post 158, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 157, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 153, NotAnAxehole wrote:

Why would it be a scum restriction? It's a much bigger punishment for scum than town as town have more votes.

That would be assuming that you know how many scum/town there are.

Also, if he's town, it's not much of a restriction at all is it?

how many scum would you expect in a game this size?

I actually don't know what the balance is.. 5 or 6?
This team is ruining my life!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:44 am

Post by Nikanor »

Voting modifiers are semi-common in theme games. It's usually better to out it early than have to explain a weird voting pattern later on.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:45 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 555, Porochaz wrote:Tammy is very definitely a she by the way NAA.

I know its early on in the day, but I would like player not voting to at least give a preference.

And I'd like these people -

In post 552, Battlestar Galactica wrote:Bookitty (2) - Nikanor, RIP
RIP (1) - SnowStorm,
Tammy (1) - NotAnAxehole

Not voting (2) - sangres, Lady Lambdadelta

To either shit or get off the pot.

Make a case or get on a better one.

Lets get this screening out of the road, and start discussing the lynch.

lol

In post 556, BROseidon wrote:
In post 219, Battlestar Galactica wrote:
In post 184, BROseidon wrote:
@Mods, can we have confirmation that the "Cylon" in the win con refers to an alignment, not a component of flavor

"Cylon players", as mentioned in the town win condition posted in post 2, refers to the scum faction of that name.

I'm just going to keep quoting this until people understand THAT CYLON AS A FACTION NAME DOESN'T NECESSARILY LINE UP WITH WHETHER THE CHARACTER IS/WAS A CYLON ON THE SHOW.

I think people are still harping on the fact that it wasn't especially clear that your claim was to the show and not the game. It's an understandable mistake, but not a forgivable mistake. I wish this bandwagon would disappear until something else from BRO came up and proves more conclusive.

In post 558, Nikanor wrote:Axehole, if you don't understand Toog's actions then why do you have him as scum? I see you throwing a lot of accusations of inscrutibility at Toogeloo but not a lot of actually scummy things. Why not ask Toog about the stuff you don't understand instead?

I think you're misreading my posts and I disagree about just about everything you're saying, he looks pretty scummy overall. I don't know how I can better explain it...

He doesn't know what is going on at the start of day 1 (setup wise)

Then boom! Enlightenment... I think the role PM gave him a lot of information as stated above.

I think there are so many other things about his posts that say scum right now (which I've been naming as they come up). I'm not tunneling him by any means at this point, I just don't see a better bandwagon right now.

I also think Ooba could easily be scum.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:15 am

Post by sangres »

In post 358, Brian Skies wrote:You're right!

Vote: Sangres

Screen: Rip

This seems fairly backwards to me, little butterfly.

In post 361, NotAnAxehole wrote:BROseidon
~ Seems like his role is scum and he assumed certain possibilities were in the game that actually weren't. If you're asking why he didn't wait till he got screened, or was in danger... Probably because he would get lynched anyway, no one would know if it's possible. I still want to see more of his play unfold before going on him because there isn't enough to read him. If I can get a read on him + the slip, then that's enough to lynch, but I think the potential slip on it's own is risky and unecessary

So my understanding of the BRO situation is that he scumslipped in a hilarious way because no one else has "you are a Cylon" mentioned in their role PM. I understand that the faction-scum is actually Cylons, but I don't see why BRO's character would be an good guy Cylon hater while other Cylons were just humans.

In post 384, Andrius wrote:I am claiming that ABR is scum for replacing out due to a combination of:
1) not being able to invest in the game himself
2) not being able to work with his scumbuddies
3) being on tilt wherein he merely does not have the energy to play scum

I think that this case is almost as gorgeous as you, my dear friend! In this circumstance, however, it seems like ABR replaced out because far more because of 1 as opposed to those other two reasons, so you're going to find a dissatisfying and empty conclusion in your quest to lynch Scum!Nacho, I'm afraid.

In post 390, Andrius wrote:Vote: ABR/sangres
Screen: Andrius
Win: Game

You are quite possibly the worst screen option in the entire game.
Versus yours truly, which is quite possibly one of the best!

In post 402, Brian Skies wrote:ffery has weaker entrances. I think Nacho would do more than softly poke at Nero's softclaim and my RVS vote and I think he would actually reach out to me at some point.

I actually think the only productive point that I have from this game so far is that BRO maybe scumslipped and I think that I'd make a lovely confirmed town, which means that I might be on track to disappoint you and I don't want that to happen :(

In post 403, Porochaz wrote:
unscreen, screen LLD

I have a lot of other posts to get through. It seems a lot was posted as I was finihing off an episode of the good wife.

^this is the only other acceptable screen.

In post 413, BROseidon wrote:Fyi most of the posting out of sangres is probably going to be ffery b/c Nacho doesn't have computer access right now.

I have a computer now!!
That's why I'm coming in flexing these gorgeous, gorgeous quote stripes.

In post 424, Nikanor wrote:@Tammy: Why are you townreading me in this game? I realize that this is a scummy question but I have a reason for asking it.

I have no idea what your reasons are for asking that not that scummy question but I bet they're probably townie ones.

In post 426, NotAnAxehole wrote:I think that's a terrible idea, BROseidon is probably town.

Is your reason for that townread still "because his posting style"? Because that reason didn't exactly excite me the first time I heard it and I don't think it's going to perform any better in the second round :/

In post 449, Bookitty wrote:@BRO: Do you object to being screened today? If you do have a town win condition, this gives us a handle on the weird Cylon-flavour town wincon you're claiming and stops the arguments over whether you should be lynched outright. If we only have the one shot, this would be a good thing to know, I think.

It would make sense to screen BRO for informational purposes on the weird Cylon thing if he wasn't the only person claiming a weird Cylon thing, but he is the only person claiming it so it's probably better just to lynch.

In post 462, Bookitty wrote:If BRO is an innocent human, I don't want to lynch him today. I prefer to screen him because I believe he as a player can be an asset to town alive.

This makes sense thanks to the whole copping someone being objectively better than killing the shit out of them (although one is so much more satisfying than the other). Do you have a lynch candidate in mind that you want to kill and don't think can be a asset to town alive?

In post 476, Brian Skies wrote:^I'm sad no one responded to this.

My assumption is either that A) the screenings are going to be fairly limited, or B) the mods thought that it would be a good balance to the sleeper agent, in which case :(.

In post 486, Tammy wrote:
In post 483, sangres wrote:Porochaz seems town!

^nacho

...probably

~~~

Bro - Andy isn't the only one stuck on the cylon win condition thing. Why is he the only one you're focused on for it?

Nikanor - oh yeah I remember loosely following that game. My reasoning while following along in that game was that you were posting. :neutral:

you know me so well!

In post 522, Toogeloo wrote:If you had zero flavor knowledge, then the very mention of you being a Cylon in your flavor would only serve to confuse you

(btw)
(this is why i find the whole cylon = super scum bit pretty convincing. not mentioning cylons-characters are cylons in flavor and instead just calling them human seems to be specifically so confusion like "i'm cylon???" doesn't happen)

Vote: BROseidon

Screen: sangres
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:58 am

Post by ooba »

On page 17... Have to stop due to lack of time

a) Andrius is so town this game - it hurts.
Unvote: Screen?
In post 552, Battlestar Galactica wrote:Andrius (3) -
BROseidon
, SnowStorm, ValiliaRei

Not wrote:I feel like he hasn't been too invested in the game thus far...

My posting picks up Day 2/Day 3. That's when I'm most effective.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 563, ooba wrote:On page 17... Have to stop due to lack of time

BROseidon
, SnowStorm, ValiliaRei

Im not willing to wait that long.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Porochaz »

Also would everyone voting to screen themselves just piss off. You aren't helping.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:50 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 564, Porochaz wrote:
In post 563, ooba wrote:On page 17... Have to stop due to lack of time

BROseidon
, SnowStorm, ValiliaRei

Im not willing to wait that long.

Then... Screen him?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Porochaz »

I think I have been abundantly clear over what the best course of action is today. You need to get with the program.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 562, sangres wrote:
In post 358, Brian Skies wrote:You're right!

Vote: Sangres

Screen: Rip

This seems fairly backwards to me, little butterfly.

How so?

In post 562, sangres wrote:I actually think the only productive point that I have from this game so far is that BRO maybe scumslipped and I think that I'd make a lovely confirmed town, which means that I might be on track to disappoint you and I don't want that to happen

Bro may have scumslipped. It's confusing and I really have no idea because flavor spec isn't my thing and I welcome your opinion.

Why wouldn't you want to disappoint me if right now I'm itching to lynch Scum-Nacho? I'd like to think that you would if you were town.

In post 562, sangres wrote:
In post 403, Porochaz wrote:
unscreen, screen LLD

I have a lot of other posts to get through. It seems a lot was posted as I was finihing off an episode of the good wife.

^this is the only other acceptable screen.

I wouldn't say this is the only other acceptable screen, but I agree with you she's probably the best one for today.

In post 562, sangres wrote:My assumption is either that
A) the screenings are going to be fairly limited
, or B) the mods thought that it would be a good balance to the sleeper agent, in which case

I agree. Otherwise it's not an alignment-check or it has a special interaction with the Sleeper in some way.

Vote: Bro
Screen: LLD
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm perfectly fine being screened.

Screen: LLD
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 398, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 396, sangres wrote:
In post 64, Brian Skies wrote:VOTE: Boo

I'll hold my screen vote until later.

was this an rvs vote?

What else would it be?

This might actually be indicative of town-ffery now that I think about it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:56 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

what in the hell? i just popped in to skim a bit...and saw we are at page 23?!

I am still back at 11/12....it is like I am replacing into the game...I still wont be able to catch up until friday...

unvote.

until i know what is going on.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 569, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm perfectly fine being screened.

i much rather have you replace out if you aren't going to do anything.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean it IS kinda odd that you once the pressure on you to get screened grows you make an appearance but then again you lurked like crazy in mafia camp so...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

It's because you're such a wonderful person to play with, that I just have to savour my moments and pick and choose them carefully.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”