¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:45 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 101 (Minor Day 2, VC 3)

Bane:
Target player may not submit actions this Major Night.

(3)
Espeonage:
ActionDan, Cheetory6, Espeonage
(vezokpiraka)
[L-6]
(2)
singersigner:
Titus, mastin2
(2)
mastin2:
Gammagooey, vezokpiraka
(1)
Titus:
singersigner
(1)
Aronis:
Shadoweh

(8)
No Bane Vote:
Aronis, Bulbazak, ChannelDelibird, Deasvail, Formerfish, Oversoul, TellTaleHeart, Untrod Tripod
(Gammagooey, mastin2, Shadoweh,)

With 17 players alive it's 9 to Bane. Minor Day One ends on Monday, May 4th at 8:00 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-05-04 20:00:00)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:58 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Bane: mastin2
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Espeonage

In post 1389, Espeonage wrote:I am against a TTH lynch because of reasons.

Now that the cat's out of the bag with regards to my role, I'd kind of like to know these reasons now.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm indecisive on who I want to bane and who I want to lynch
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

TTH, can you talk at/with me about mastin?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:05 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Yes, she's scum, what about her?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Is there something specific that makes you feel particularly strongly about her being scum?
Or a post where you've given thoughts on her before that I could read over?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why would we waste the bane on someone you are going to lynch TTH?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:09 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Because I can't "lynch" anyone on my own.

If I could, CDB's rotting corpse would be decomposing in the gutter as we speak.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think with this particular Bane if the town chooses Mastin it presumably would be okay with lynching her.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:14 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

This Bane feels like it'd at least be less of a waste to use it on someone we're actively intending to lynch immediately, but since we know from Viktor that scum have at least one player with a non-factional ability, it seems strictly more efficient to try to use them separately.
#greenshirtthursdays
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

Um, sure CDB.
Why isn't it safe to assume that multiple scum have non-factional abilities?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:20 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 4260, ChannelDelibird wrote:This Bane feels like it'd at least be less of a waste to use it on someone we're actively intending to lynch immediately, but since we know from Viktor that scum have at least one player with a non-factional ability, it seems strictly more efficient to try to use them separately.

I'm not sure if roleblocking someone we don't really feel like lynching is helpful. I mean it's a roleblock. The chance of hitting scum is small and it's also low impact. The boon should be cooler.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:24 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 4261, Oversoul wrote:Um, sure CDB.
Why isn't it safe to assume that multiple scum have non-factional abilities?

Obviously they have one - Viktor - which the Bane could inhibit, but I don't know if they have more than that and there's currently no explicit evidence that they do. I see no need to make unnecessary assumptions, though I suspect that it's likelier than not that more than one has a non-factional ability.

PEDIT: Sure, vezok, its effectiveness assumes we Bane scum. It is a pretty awkward one to talk around, really, because we don't want to bring out unnecessary claims.
#greenshirtthursdays
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 4244, Cheetory6 wrote:@shadow, were you scumreading Espeonage at the end of majorD1 or just sheeping the wagon?

The second part, it was a safe wagon that might work that wasn't the claimed tracker PR.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:30 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 4242, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 4241, singersigner wrote:Can you direct me to where you thought it was universally understood/believed that GiF was unlynchable?

My first reaction to that statement was "whuh?" but, actually, I totally believe that town-Titus would think GiF unlynchable by that logic. While that
might
also sound like a reason for scum-Titus to kill GiF, that post feels like it's coming from a town perspective (if Titus thinks this would be the obvious consequence of how she interacted with GiF, I don't know why she'd align herself so closely with him as scum, both to make him more "lynchable" in her head and to mean that a GiF kill doesn't immediately point to her).
In post 4243, ChannelDelibird wrote:something I meant to say in that post but forgot is that Titus would believably think that
everyone
would see GiF as unlynchable as she does even if I don't think it could be more obvious that a bunch of people think very very differently to her about a lot of things.

Please don't excuse her play as "that's just what Titus does" or "that's just how Titus thinks." She's made a VERY big deal about how she's trying to better her play but you're just making excuses for her to keep playing poorly with her particular logick train if she's town. And if you don't mind, I need to hear it from her. I don't like
scum
people being spoon fed excuses. Feel free to interpret her answer as you wish, though.

Also, we're (me/Mina) on the TTH train now, though a lot of Regfan's case on Shadoweh was contingent on them being scum together so I will ask for updated feedback where that's concerned.

Also, also mental note not to forget about looking back at DV/Marquis.

Also, also, also...I guess I could get on board with a mastin bane? I don't think Regfan would object strongly to that. I actually don't know that there are many people I'd object to baning at this point because of Gamma's logick train.

@hitomod...does the bane affect passive abilities or only active abilities/actions?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Okay, fair enough.
I'm curious as to what you think of ffery's metacase for Aronis being town this game? Do you disagree with it?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4260, ChannelDelibird wrote:This Bane feels like it'd at least be less of a waste to use it on someone we're actively intending to lynch immediately, but since we know from Viktor that scum have at least one player with a non-factional ability, it seems strictly more efficient to try to use them separately.

I agree with the logic of this post, but not necessarily the premise.

I think it would be a waste of the Bane to choose the same person to lynch. I think the bane should probably be something like this...

Everyone has multiple lynch choices.

Lynch choice 1 is the first lynch
Lynch choice 2 is the second lynch
Lynch choice 3 is the bane.

But then again, this assumes a lot of things. Mainly that the town will be able to come to a consensus on several different players.

In post 4262, vezokpiraka wrote:

I'm not sure if roleblocking someone we don't really feel like lynching is helpful. I mean it's a roleblock. The chance of hitting scum is small and it's also low impact. The boon should be cooler.

I think roleblocking a scum is very useful. There might be some caveats with it, but it limits scum potential greatly during this night. Hopefully, 1/4 of the scum team tonight will not be able to submit a kill/any ability.

You bring up a point that I had speculated. I think Banes + Boons are going to get progressively stronger as the game goes on.

Hito, does the Bane prohibit factional abilities AND active abilities? If so, would a strongman passive allow either factional/active abilities to go through, despite the bane?

I'm not entirely sure I want to bane Mastin mainly because I want to lynch her.

Mastin
, why do you think Fferyllt and Nacho would be okay with a bane on Singer?

pedit: Singer read my mind!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

How many different signs are there in this game? 3?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

*twitch*
Yes. There are three.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:37 am

Post by ActionDan »

Just bane espeonage. No one seems to actually want to lynch him anyway for some reason
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:39 am

Post by singersigner »

@CDB...did you ask hito what a track would return as a result to any actions that didn't go through because of sign shenanigans? No result? Or no response?

We could always bane a lurker that probably wouldn't be using their theoretical abilities anyway!

I agree with Cheetory, I see no reason why this Minor Day should last very long except to clarify any residual issues from the end of Major Day One and bring everyone to the current gamestate (talking about replacements and people who are behind).

Preview Edit:
"for some reason"...do you think your reason is good enough to lynch him?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:42 am

Post by ActionDan »

Yes. And I perfer "reasons"
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4168, Titus wrote:
In post 4165, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4163, Titus wrote:GiF thought his role meant doctor.

Where did he say anything like this, because I don't remember it?

He crumbed it to me. He said he was Lichtmann. That's our way of saying doctor. So I drew a shitton of attention to myself to try and protect GiF and let GiF lurk.

This literally seems like a trust tell and is very disconcerting coming from a Listmod.

In post 4137, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4135, singersigner wrote:Why would the choice make a difference of who to bane?

Because if we choose locked, then any VTs will likely be VTs forever. This makes Esp a safe bane, as if he's town, nothing happens, and if he's scum, he can't use night actions. If we choose to unlock, then a random VT becomes a PR, and that makes baning Esp a little more risky.

In post 4135, singersigner wrote:
Why would TTH's confirmed towniness happen before the end of the Minor Day?

Because she'll either be confirmed by the mod or another player. Either way, it's most likely to happen before the end of the minor day. Unless you're planning on ending the day before everyone chimes in...

Noting this.

In post 4144, Cheetory6 wrote:I think I like the idea of being quick with this minor day.

I greatly disagree with this. We have a lot of powerful tools at our disposal now and a better head collectively about this game. I do not think we should let this day drag on, but I think we should try to avoid rushing through things.

In post 4269, Cheetory6 wrote:*twitch*
Yes. There are three.

Why the twitch?

Ok. I think we should probably be trying to neuter the scum heavily during Minor nights, seeing as that is how most active/factional abilities seem to rely on?

Scum with all its members alive can definitely discern the signs of two players each minor night, as long as none of them are traced.

In post 4126, singersigner wrote:I felt like he and CDB were copout wagons to Titus and AD. That's how I would answer if I had to make up an answer. Otherwise, I really didn't feel like it at the time and then I was trying to hold out to see if there was anyone else willing to vote (I was literally hiding from Gamma and Reck in the kitchen) and there apparently wasn't.

What does this even mean? This seems extremely anti-town to purposefully withhold your vote from going to a lynch.

TTH
, do you think the scum had the knowledge that you did about the Lock mechanic coming up to a vote?

CDB
, can members of your team run an analysis to see how many actual days we have left? I'm worried that once another day or so has passed this game is going to thin out very quickly and we may be at death's doorstep quicker than we think.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4270, ActionDan wrote:Just bane espeonage. No one seems to actually want to lynch him anyway for some reason

I want to lynch him.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”