Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

how so?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:42 am

Post by sangres »

In post 679, Tammy wrote:Will you tell me what you guys think about Andrius? I gather town, but. Flowery.

I gather from his posts that nacho probably thinks andrius is town, but we haven't talked about him yet. I texted him about the game but we haven't crossed paths outside of the game thread. My own read feels kinda wishful. I want a reality check.

In post 698, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 628, sangres wrote:And it was the part where you said he misread you horribly that I thought indicated you were townreading him.

I see what you are saying but it still feels incredibly nitpicky. Like all I was doing was pointing out the irony there.

I tend to pick at nits when I'm trying to discern mindset.

There was something nacho said about you in fantasy team 2 game that resonates here, but circumstances are pretty different. If it's relevant I guess time will tell.
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Battlestar Galactica »

“Yeah, you point fingers back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two.” –
Saul Tigh

VOTE COUNT 1.09

Toogeloo (3)
- Porochaz, NotAnAxehole, Lady Lambdadelta
BROseidon (3)
- ooba, sangres, Brian Skies
Andrius (2)
- BROseidon, SnowStorm
sangres (2)
- Tammy, Andrius
curiouskarmadog (1)
- Nikanor

Not voting (6)
- Nero Cain, Toogeloo, Bookitty, RIP, ValiliaRei, curiouskarmadog

SCREEN COUNT

Lady Lambdadelta (4)
- Brian Skies, Lady Lambdadelta, Nikanor, Nero Cain
NotAnAxehole (3)
- curiouskarmadog, Toogeloo, BROseidon
Andrius (3)
- Tammy, Andrius, SnowStorm
BROseidon (2)
- ValiliaRei, Bookitty
sangres (2)
- sangres, NotAnAxehole
Bookitty (1)
- RIP
Toogeloo (1)
- ooba

Not voting (1)
- Porochaz

With 17 in play, it will take 9 votes to lynch or screen.

Deadline:
(expired on 2015-05-08 00:19:00)
All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

Nexus/CDB modding hydra. Battlestar Galactica Mafia is in Day 4.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:08 am

Post by RIP »

VOTE: Toogeloo

I feel better about ppl pushing his wagon
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:12 am

Post by RIP »

In post 701, Nero Cain wrote:how so?

@nero
Reading her post in last pages.
I think that's a town, I looked at her cuz u voted to screen lld and I wanted to follow u.
Then I saw her post and wasn't so sure
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:18 am

Post by RIP »

In post 652, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 650, Tammy wrote:I mean I guess you can feel that way. You're wrong, and I feel like my alignment is really obvious by this point, so I don't know what to tell you.

Here's the deal.

Your alignment is obvious to you no matter what the scenario is, because you've read your own role PM.

You have to stop assuming that just because you wrote something and you feel that yes, yes I think this properly conveys how obviously town I am, that other people won't hold different opinions of your play.

In addition, you use this neutrally across all alignments, from my experience with you, as a catch all, and it makes you extremely hard to interact with. If you want know know why games involving you often have page long fights about whether you are town or scum, and you get frustrated with those games, it's because instead of just letting your actions dictate how you are town, and performing in that manner, and answering questions, you have this self defense streak where you get upset at anyone who disagrees with your assertion that your posting isn't the most obvious town thing anyone has ever seen.

It needs to stop. You have decent capability to read games, and your ability to read certain players that you have a ton of experience with is very high. Use this, and don't turn this game into somehting it doesn't need to be. I'm trying to pre-empt this now, because I just got myself motivated for this game, and if I have to sift through 20 pages of this I'm going to consider hanging myself.

Please, even if you still believe that everything you post is a beacon of town light that no one should ever be confused by, and that your motivations are always transparent, keep it to yourself and let your reads and your play do the talking. Public service, if you will.

Thanks.

This reads as town only to me idk.

In post 669, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:(something something only room enough for one cat in this town something something)

The more pussies the better
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 638, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 633, sangres wrote:
In post 625, Brian Skies wrote:I'm a player that prefers to separate flavor and alignment and I don't understand why being referred to as a Cylon in the flavor is scummy except for what you quoted here.

Also, Bro mentioned early on that he thought the screening process was likely to be a flavor cop, which I did point out.

I do also separate flavor and alignment because flavor analysis is really only for terrible people, but when it looks like a scumslip and also a hilarious reason to lynch BROseidon, I'm usually willing to bite. That reason is the only reason why the Cylon thing is scummy: there's also presumably more than two show Cylon game humans in the game and none have mentioned being called a Cylon yet, so grits for the mill or something like that.

Yeah yeah yeah. I'm already voting him. But this would make it only the second time I've seen someone scumslip, the first one being you in Event Card Mafia, which, if you remember, required a hell of a push from Muffin to get you lynched.

I do agree finding and pushing a scum slip to a lynch is pretty ridiculously rare, but it's not like it doesn't happen: I remember scumslipping on about 5? separate occasions other than Event Card and Event Card is the ounly one that was actually picked up on.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 641, Tammy wrote:
In post 613, sangres wrote:Like, regardless of your opinion of me as a person or my alignment in this game or whatever, please do not compare my ISO to grits or any other strange southern people food thing. My posts this game are actual poetry.

I was comparing it to the sticky too-sweetness of maple syrup.

In post 629, sangres wrote:I'm probably going to disappear in a minute unless Tammy turns up. I was hoping to dazzle her in a different way than I usually do: I know these aren't exactly jazz hands, but sometimes you're not trying to play your saxophone and go dancing at swanky bars late at night. Sometimes you just need a night staring at the stars and basking in the moonlight with an old fashioned love song, and this definitely feels like one of those nights.

Those are some of my favorite kinds of nights. I'm listening.

Being the only good thing Canada ever brought into the world is acceptable.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 679, Tammy wrote:Will you tell me what you guys think about Andrius? I gather town, but. Flowery.

I'm still waiting for him to show up and whisper sweet nothings in my ear about how he got it all wrong and about how we can lynch BRO together like the big happy family we are. I am reading him as town, but I won't be that comfortable with that read until he does some posting while I'm around.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 685, Porochaz wrote:
In post 683, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 677, Porochaz wrote:The whole thing is a distraction and I'm trying to kill 2 distractions with one stone.

How is screening Bro killing two birds with one stone? If he's scum, we're essentially using two stones to kill one bird. If he comes up as Cylon, regardless of his alignment, we have to deal with the argument of whether it's a flavor or alignment check and we're back to where we started. If you want to test the screening process, I think Nik is a fine alternative.

If he is a cylon, then the lynch was a process lynch not an informational one. It means that any analysis of the lynch wagon pretty much goes out the window. I am also suspecting that there has been an error made somewhere along the lines. Either way, I don't think this is an issue, by lynching him as town we make a mistake and we have very little information based off that lynch to go on day 2. If he is scum, then yay! But still little info. If we screen now, we get that info but we also get info on another lynch. Leaving us in a better position day 2.

Look at this point, Im starting to get tired of this. I think overall its better to screen him but at the same time, I think there is a significant proportion of town here who are caught up in flavour/alignment/show/game talk at the expense of everything else and would be happy if we just lynched/screen randomly.

Bro was also an easy choice because of the mistakes he made, if we choose someone else, like Nik, for instance, I've become happier with Nik in more recent posts, so I'd be against that, and we are spending more time discussing something that I believe, be it from mod meta if you like, or thinking about balance or the show itself, or the game, is going to be a lot weaker than some people are saying. But heaven forbid I've been saying that for posts now and noone gives a shit.

I don't understand how lynching BRO tomorrow as opposed to lynching him today gets us any useful information: he can do things outside of defend himself, he could do protown things like scumhunt or post analysis, but he's not. I don't understand why lynching a player I find scummy is bad just because we have a screen available, especially when we don't know whether that screen is alignment cop or flavor cop. I don't understand why screening bro is going to help anything when we don't know whether its an alignment cop or a flavor cop and it's infinitely frustrating to me that you haven't started addressing these points in your posts at all and instead just say that everyone is caught up in flavour and continue to talk past us.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 686, Porochaz wrote:Wait, we are considering Nik because of the Ellen claim? For fuck sake, really? At this point, replacing out and spending the time I would posting grinding my face against a wall would be a better use of my time.

Nik is town. He is a show cylon. Screening him would give us more information on whether the screen is flavor or alignment.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by sangres »

Screen: LLD

Ooba, why doesn't Toogeloo look like a BRO buddy to you?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 711, sangres wrote:
In post 686, Porochaz wrote:Wait, we are considering Nik because of the Ellen claim? For fuck sake, really? At this point, replacing out and spending the time I would posting grinding my face against a wall would be a better use of my time.

Nik is town. He is a show cylon. Screening him would give us more information on whether the screen is flavor or alignment.

Not sure how.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ah right because you are assuming he is town. :roll:
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 714, Porochaz wrote:Ah right because you are assuming he is town. :roll:

Whenever I say "Player X is town" or "Player X is scum", I generally mean that I'm reading a player as either alignment: I don't use precise language for everything all the time.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by sangres »

But sure, continue to ignore the points and nitpick on wording, that's absolutely fabulous too.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Tammy »

...not even an attempt at jazz hands.

:(
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

Sangres - Why are you arguing that screening Nik would give us more information on the screen while voting to screen LLD and calling Nik town?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I hope your headache's gone.

I think Nacho was arguing that if you want a screen target that could tell us whether the screen is for alignment or for flavor, that Nik is a better target than Bro. But, he still prefers screening someone who could be a stake in the ground if town.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 719, fferyllt wrote:I hope your headache's gone.

I think Nacho was arguing that if you want a screen target that could tell us whether the screen is for alignment or for flavor, that Nik is a better target than Bro. But, he still prefers screening someone who could be a stake in the ground if town.

mine
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 647, sangres wrote:It's not a trick question, though I was thinking a bit about fantasy camp 2 when I asked it.

I don't feel like you're making any effort at reading me.

In post 649, sangres wrote:I was ok with that because you're sick, but you *have* been talking to nacho.

I'm going to reread at least day 1 of that game.

In post 658, sangres wrote:
In post 655, Tammy wrote:
In post 653, sangres wrote:
In post 650, Tammy wrote:I mean I guess you can feel that way. You're wrong, and I feel like my alignment is really obvious by this point, so I don't know what to tell you.

What am I wrong about?

That I'm not trying to sort you. I think there's a very clear trend in what I've been doing this game and that's been not really interacting with many people, judging by gut reactions and gauging tone.

Just because I'm being observant and waiting to see the things you respond to when you've just replaced in doesn't mean I'm not sorting you or trying. I'm also working under the assumption that if you guys are scum, nacho will be making posts as you, so that makes it even more difficult to sort you hence watching the kinds of things you respond to.

LLD: Thanks, but I'm not going to get into a fight over this with them. It's that there are a few indicators that I think both of their heads should have picked up on.

There are some indicators, but I have seen you hit some of what I look for in town-you when you're scum, so it's not completely cut and dried.

If you're town (and I think nacho is leaning town re you, so there's that) then that's something we both get to deal with.

Mostly I'm just surprised you aren't interacting with me because there have been so many games where you have been quite active about trying to sort me.

I was thinking about this today and I have a couple problems with it. You say that Nacho is leaning town on me, but if only leaning town on me why this post?

In post 629, sangres wrote:I'm probably going to disappear in a minute unless Tammy turns up. I was hoping to dazzle her in a different way than I usually do: I know these aren't exactly jazz hands, but sometimes you're not trying to play your saxophone and go dancing at swanky bars late at night. Sometimes you just need a night staring at the stars and basking in the moonlight with an old fashioned love song, and this definitely feels like one of those nights.

which would suggest to me that he wants me to town read him, not actually poke at my alignment. And I think that early game if he were slightly concerned about me he'd poke there, and not point out a way that he would get me to read him as town.

The stuff about fantasy camp feels fake though. In that game I started off purposefully joking around, part of it was a pre-roll joke, but the rest was me trying to look comfortable beginning game because I was trying to fool nacho as we had talked about how my initial game was one of my downfalls to any who knows me. I didn't try to sort either of you and when I came back to the game I decided to call you guys town because oh whatever and then ended up leaving the game when I got yelled at for having fun. That's pretty much the entirety of my early day one.

You asked me how I read you two, which I told you, and then you got after me for not doing something which I didn't even list in how I feel like I can read you. I pointed out that I feel like I read Nacho better through interaction and can read you through observation, and then you were like but you weren't actively sorting me.

Quite frankly I thought the focus on Nero Cain was a little odd as it seemed like an odd thing to pick up on, but I was more interested in watching how it played out than picking at you about it.

And now that Pathfinder is over I can point to that game as one of the recent games which I know as evidence of a demotivated scum ABR. I'm going to guess that's why both Andrius and Nero jumped on that as well. So, yeah.

Pedit:

Headache really isn't much better but I was actually able to eat soup today, so yay somewhat real food!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 721, Tammy wrote:And now that Pathfinder is over I can point to that game as one of the recent games which I know as evidence of a demotivated scum ABR. I'm going to guess that's why both Andrius and Nero jumped on that as well. So, yeah.

A WINNER IS YOU!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 721, Tammy wrote:which would suggest to me that he wants me to town read him, not actually poke at my alignment. And I think that early game if he were slightly concerned about me he'd poke there, and not point out a way that he would get me to read him as town.

I wasn't concerned about your alignment: your opening was town, but it wasn't town in a way where it was unfakeabke because all of the posts I read of yours was from a Tammy who wasn't really engaged in the game yet.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”