Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:30 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

None of that is wrong. It also doesn't preclude my being blocked, but then I might get blocked anyway but that still shouldn't stop me from thinking about how best to use my role for a chance of getting useful info. There's also the possibility that, if there is a blocker (something that's still not been established, anyway, beyond a vague assumption that scum blockers are probably a thing), somebody else becomes a higher priority block than me before the Major Night.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Then why would they not just kill you if there's a higher priority roleblock target?
Why aren't these thoughts that you've worked out?
Because to me, it's coming across like this is the first time you're thinking about any of this. Which makes me think that we fucked up by not burying you D1.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Like, you taking Aronis off the table is dependent on you feeling like your track is going to be useful for keeping him under watch as scum.
Why in the world would you think that?
That makes no fucking sense at all.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:34 am

In post 4426, Cheetory6 wrote:Then why would they not just kill you if there's a higher priority roleblock target?

What part of "I might as well act as if there's a way to wring out information from my outed role" didn't you read? Of course I might die. That's pretty much permanently on the table from now on. Doesn't mean I shouldn't look to maximise any potential that I have left.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Why would you care more about getting information out of your role than you would about finding scum?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Or at least pretending like you're getting information out of your role.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:36 am

In post 4427, Cheetory6 wrote:Like, you taking Aronis off the table is dependent on you feeling like your track is going to be useful for keeping him under watch as scum.
Why in the world would you think that?

It is maybe not likely that my track could yet expose him, but possible. Do you disagree with that? Because, if you do, I'm just going to log off now until you wake up.

PEDIT: What are you even talking about?
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

CDB wrote:I might as well act as if there's a way to wring out information from my outed role
"I'm going to pretend like my role is useful instead of actually trying to find scum". Is basically what this comes across as, and it doesn't come across as being real.

CDB wrote:It is maybe not likely that my track could yet expose him, but possible. Do you disagree with that?
Maybe if Aronis was scum with no roleblocker on his team and if he was a complete idiot considering you've telegraphed to the world that you were going to target him both nights which I also seriously question in hindsight why you'd do this in either case. Then yes. I agree with you.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Cheetory6 wrote:Maybe if Aronis was scum with no roleblocker on his team and if he was a complete idiot considering you've telegraphed to the world that you were going to target him both nights which I also seriously question in hindsight why you'd do this in either case. Then yes. I agree with you.
What I'm having a hard time believing is that you believe this fucking stupidly unlikely possibility is worth keeping Aronis off the table for lynching or baneing.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:44 am

In post 4432, Cheetory6 wrote:
CDB wrote:I might as well act as if there's a way to wring out information from my outed role
"I'm going to pretend like my role is useful instead of actually trying to find scum". Is basically what this comes across as, and it doesn't come across as being real.

Except no part of that quote there talks about not trying to find scum, or even implies it, and I think you ought to come back to it in a few hours at which point you'll probably realise it's a dumb assertion in the heat of the moment.

CDB wrote:It is maybe not likely that my track could yet expose him, but possible. Do you disagree with that?
Maybe if Aronis was scum with no roleblocker on his team and if he was a complete idiot considering you've telegraphed to the world that you were going to target him both nights which I also seriously question in hindsight why you'd do this in either case. Then yes. I agree with you.

I haven't even committed to targeting him on Major Night 2, at all. All I am saying is that leaving open the possibility is a decent idea. I am actually leaning towards targeting someone else but let's say I detect someone correctly again this Minor Night, then that person gets lynched before the Major Night. I'm left with a choice between targeting someone whose sign the scum know that I know (Aronis or Bulba) or taking a 33% shot on targeting someone else. Options are good and, if Aronis is scum, it forces scum not to discount the possibility of me targeting him.

PEDIT: Again, not even saying he should be off the table as a lynch. You've put that in my mouth.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

CDB wrote:PEDIT: Again, not even saying he should be off the table as a lynch. You've put that in my mouth.
How is it not implied that you would be against baneing him but not lynching him on the merit of him being able to be kept under wraps by you? That makes no sense to me.

CDB wrote:Except no part of that quote there talks about not trying to find scum, or even implies it, and I think you ought to come back to it in a few hours at which point you'll probably realise it's a dumb assertion in the heat of the moment.
Lol okay.

CDB wrote:I haven't even committed to targeting him on Major Night 2, at all. All I am saying is that leaving open the possibility is a decent idea. I am actually leaning towards targeting someone else but let's say I detect someone correctly again this Minor Night, then that person gets lynched before the Major Night. I'm left with a choice between targeting someone whose sign the scum know that I know (Aronis or Bulba) or taking a 33% shot on targeting someone else. Options are good and, if Aronis is scum, it forces scum not to discount the possibility of me targeting him.
Right.
So, we should keep Aronis alive and unblocked, who you're scumreading to some degree, because scum may have to be worried about you potentially targeting him.

I'm literally feeling so confident right now.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:49 am

Think of it like this:

For as long as the possibility exists that I can track Aronis with perfect sign knowledge, a scumteam including Aronis has to do something to cover for that every Major Night, whether it be blocking me or killing me or whatever else they get to do. That is a scum action used on me, an outed role, that isn't being used on somebody else. Just the possibility of me doing that forces them to respond if Aronis is on their team. I don't even know if Aronis is on their team and, frankly, have more reason to think that he's town Today than I did Yesterday, even if only a little, but it still doesn't make sense to shut down that advantage for no reason when there are four scum in the game.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

And maybe if that's what you'd originally been saying, I'd be just a little bit wary of you right now.
But what you just said is a far-fucking-cry from this:
CDB wrote:Better off Baning one of his buddies, if he is scum, so that he's likelier to have to risk getting caught doing something.

Which feels like it's 100% coming from scum faking a PR.
End of story.
pceout.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:56 am

In post 4435, Cheetory6 wrote:
CDB wrote:PEDIT: Again, not even saying he should be off the table as a lynch. You've put that in my mouth.
How is it not implied that you would be against baneing him but not lynching him on the merit of him being able to be kept under wraps by you? That makes no sense to me.

When I made the post, I wasn't thinking about who was going to get lynched. I was thinking about who was going to get Baned. I've been very clear about the fact that I really, really, really want to see where people's votes are going to inform my feelings on who we should lynch. I was looking at the Bane votes because I wanted to hurry up with that and it occurred to me that Shadoweh's vote was suboptimal from my POV. I agree that the logic probably extends to lynching other suspects instead (and, hey, you note the parts where I've gone on record as saying that I'd probably start with a UT vote, and the fact that without knowing whether or not there's a scum blocker who may or may not have got my sign right, my no result on Aronis is a slight reason to mitigate suspicion from Yesterday?) but, at the same time, I'm not going to turn down an Aronis lynch if he's scummy enough just because of my role. But Baning is lower stakes than lynching, and Baning's what we're talking about right now.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:58 am

In post 4437, Cheetory6 wrote:And maybe if that's what you'd originally been saying, I'd be just a little bit wary of you right now.
But what you just said is a far-fucking-cry from this:
CDB wrote:Better off Baning one of his buddies, if he is scum, so that he's likelier to have to risk getting caught doing something.

WHAT PART OF 'LIKELIER TO HAVE TO RISK' MEANS 'DEFINITELY WOULD BE A HELPLESS VICTIM OF MY 100% CERTAIN TRACKING SKILLZ'? Do I have to throw seven caveats about possible roleblockers into every post I make?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:04 am

If this bullshit could stop happening, that'd be great. At least last time I got to figure out that Gamma was town.
#greenshirtthursdays
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think that interaction solidified my CDB town read.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm just going to go with the wind now.
Bane: Mastin

Mastin would be playing anti-town if she outted her own role.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Oversoul, are you kidding me?
q.q
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Wow.
Wind out of my sails.

I actually think I might be done.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm stuck in a quagmire right now. I need people to die so I can get a better grasp of this game. I don't actually think Mastin will reveal her role.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Bane: mastin

Let's get this fucking over with then.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Looking forward to mastin screaming at me for voting at her for real this time.
Yay.
This game is actually a fucking barrel of fun.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:25 am

In post 4447, Cheetory6 wrote:This game is actually a fucking barrel of fun.

I'll give you that much. :neutral:
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

At least you're taking me seriously.
Appreciate it even if you're still probably scum.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”