farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 9:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Oh Soren: the reason I hold a big issue with kitty's read on you is the last mini game I called her out for that Titus defend dgb in a recent game for pretty bad reasons and Titus was town that game. So I don't see why she is calling you out as scum for wking suz
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 9:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 349, Aeronaut wrote:I think that town-boo is usually much more active and bubbly, and scum-boo is a bit more like this.

:igmeou:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 1, Vote Count #5

Current Vote Count:

(0)
Bookitty
(0)
d3x
(0)
House
(2)
Soren -- BlankFace, Bookitty
(1)
LucianRoy -- grapes
(1)
Suzune -- farside22
(1)
BlankFace -- PeregrineV
(1)
farside22 -- Suzune
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
lalaladucks
(0)
Katsuki
(0)
Aeronaut
(3)
grapes -- Soren, lalaladucks, Katsuki

Not Voting:
d3x, Aeronaut, House, LucianRoy

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

d3x is V/LA until 5/4

Day 1 Will End on Thursday, May 14th, at 7 p.m. eastern time.
Countdown: (expired on 2015-05-14 19:00:00)

Spoiler:

LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Sorry I've been busy this weekend and couldn't find the time to read all of this sooner. RL stuff and parties I needed to go to.

I'm catching up at the current moment.
In post 284, BlankFace wrote: Soren soft-defends Suzune. I already commented on this, I don't like it or understand it. Lucian, you said that you can read Soren like a book. Something about a PSI wavelength or something. Is Soren the kind of person who'd manipulate a friend to get ahead as scum?

He would never do this. To put it bluntly, Soren's the kind of guy who would out himself as scum to avoid a counter-claim battle with a player he was good friends with. In a logical sense, he doesn't put his values in life aside for the sake of a game.
Tricking your friends every now and then is funny, and fine imo, but consistently using them as tools to win the game is not cool.
Questions such as that one throw me off as well, as I wouldn't have had the slightest idea of where
he
would be going with
that
individual question.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by BlankFace »

My question threw you off? Just to be clear.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

No, the one Soren asked Farside.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Aside from Soren being a great guy n' all...

In post 291, grapes wrote:
In post 222, LucianRoy wrote:It seemed like a decent way to insert myself into the game since everyone's vote during that stage was kind of jokish/silly. If I could present reasons why I find someone town, and look at the votes on people voting them, deeming them to be on a town player, I voted the person voting that town player. It's mostly to see what they do/ how they react to it. Scum would make a big deal about it, deny it, but not really take action against it, as they want to "lay low." House just OMGUS'd me right away, but later I figured out it was mostly a reactional jab from him going at players who jabbed him. It was a semi-RVS vote that served its purpose, and I'm reading house as town right now.

As for Soren, he's still pretty town in my opinion from what he's presented in-game so far.
Except for his read on house. I just think house screwed up by placing that one game there. Soren is still going after it.

The back pedaling commences.

So here's the big question. Was it a 'jokish' rvs vote or a reaction test? I mean I guess it could be both. But that's also tough to buy because you backed it with a lot of words - and it looked like a serious vote, at least to me.

I kind of missed the stage where I could have a funny joke paired with a vote, so I went a more serious route. (Even though I was still joking around a bit). I should've specified, "everyone else's vote" was seemingly jokish/silly. I was trying to get out of RVS, some way or another.

I actually like soren calling that out. I only asked house to provide meta to see if he was bullshitting about having anything convincing or not. He didn't.

I asked for him to provide parallels - what I got was 'I know how aero thinks because I played scum with him.'

Do you think claiming to have incriminating meta on someone when you actually don't is town motivated?

It really sounded like a mistake to me, mostly because he admitted it by basically implying he forgot.

In post 129, House wrote:
In post 128, Aeronaut wrote:
If you really want to see my recent scum games, you can look on my Wiki page; it's all there.

Also, about the games you linked: In the first one, you replaced in long after I was lynched, so you really couldn't know my thought processes. In the second one, I'm not even scum

so I don't really get it.

I'll be damned, you're right. You were a Town Room Owner.

Looks to me like he forgot he wasn't scum in that game.

If it was just a mistake then why didn't he fix it by providing the actual meta that he claimed to have later?

I would say laziness, but I like to faith in people's ability to carry things out. Also, Aero himself said anyone could just find all his scumgames on his wiki.
To be perfectly honest, I never really cared about the meta in the first place. It's not really a tool I go and seek-out to use. I'm not going to devote time to reading countless games in order to analyze a player's style. If I've happened to have a game/ many games with a player in the past, then I might use it for a basis of my reads, but it shouldn't stop stone cold from there. Reads can involve meta, but they shouldn't really be based around them. I digress, if you really want House to fix his mistake, you should probably ask him yourself.

In post 292, grapes wrote:
In post 245, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 244, BlankFace wrote:I think Soren's read is bullshit. I wouldn't count him as having a good read, if that's what you are doing. If other players were concerned enough with House's scum play to pile on him in RVS, I doubt that scum House would make a mistake like that. It doesn't fit the image that's forming of him. The constant push seems too easy to make, his defense of Suzune is worrying but I can't make out if it's just over protective or buddying and WKing. I like House for town. I like Farside's line of questioning and I dont like the people who've used Soren's "friendliness meta". I'll pull the quotes when I'm home. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop questioning though, I disagree about questions becoming circular.

i don't really think his read is that substantial as well, for it's not really a read at all. I think House just made that one mistake when he tried to bring up Aero's meta. I'm not too worried about his slight defense of Suzu. They've played a lot of games with each other as well. Your town read on house is mutual, but I'd have to look at farside more.

Alright, this is some actual stuff. This is good, I like this. More of this. Please.
UNVOTE: Blankface

Ps. Soren and Suzu are friends as well.

This back down off of blankface was too easy.

Some wifom bullshit about house to justify a town read - likes farsides questions - doesn't like people using soren's 'friendlyness meta' (aka you lucian) and sorens not alignment indicitve defense of suzune having her reads being called shit is 'worrying'

Your push and everything in is looking kinda fake because there's nothing compelling at all in blankface's 244 to really justify it.

In post 293, grapes wrote:EBWOP: to really justify the unvote.

I mostly unvoted because I got what I wanted. Him actually being attracted/ involved with the game. My vote in it's entirety basically said, "this guy is doing literally nothing other than sitting on the sidelines; asking questions." After I saw some posting I could sink my teeth into, I backed off. I saw what I wanted to see, and that was analysis/reads/ actual participation. It turned out to be a vote that catalyzed an even stronger town-read from me after I saw his slew of posts on page twelve. In that set of posts he literally analyzes/ pursues everything he didn't initially approach earlier in the game. He was saving it for when he had time to make it legitimately thorough.

Some of the stuff in his post I agreed with, some of it I was meh. But I'd rather see more analysis than him popping up to question random things.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Bookitty should be more specific in her reads. They weren't the greatest I've ever seen.
They lack good examples, and some of them lack reasoning. It's kind of a mix.

Bookitty should really be more involved in this game than occasionally dropping a bunch of reads and skipping discussion.
Let's drag her in.
Bookitty, your read on Suzune is really neutral, is there anything in the thread that would lead you to believe otherwise and have a more solid read on her? Disregarding her interactions with farside, (which accounts for a majority of it), how do you think she's performed in the game so far?
Also, in your post, you say you find Suzune to be noobish. What exactly is your interpretation of noobishness, and what have you found in the thread to indicate this occuring?
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Whoops, ^that was mostly in reference to post 298.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Soren »

In post 353, LucianRoy wrote:Sorry I've been busy this weekend and couldn't find the time to read all of this sooner. RL stuff and parties I needed to go to.

In post 284, BlankFace wrote: Soren soft-defends Suzune. I already commented on this, I don't like it or understand it. Lucian, you said that you can read Soren like a book. Something about a PSI wavelength or something. Is Soren the kind of person who'd manipulate a friend to get ahead as scum?

He would never do this. To put it bluntly, Soren's the kind of guy who would out himself as scum to avoid a counter-claim battle with a player he was good friends with. In a logical sense, he doesn't put his values in life aside for the sake of a game.
Tricking your friends every now and then is funny, and fine imo, but consistently using them as tools to win the game is not cool.
Questions such as that one throw me off as well, as I wouldn't have had the slightest idea of where
he
would be going with
that
individual question.

1. I would never claim scum unless I'm 100% caught scum.

2. I don't purposely trick friends to win a game. If by that, you mean manipulating someone using external means of influence such as being friends (that are brought into the game) with them. If you ever see me having a friendly chat with someone in game, consider that null.

3. And I don't like how you're implicitly saying that I'm using friends as a tool to win the game.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Soren »

Bookitty when will you have more time to play? I want to play with you more :)
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 6:44 am

Post by LucianRoy »

My post should've
not
implied you doing any of those things in this current game.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:02 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 359, Soren wrote:
In post 353, LucianRoy wrote:Sorry I've been busy this weekend and couldn't find the time to read all of this sooner. RL stuff and parties I needed to go to.

he
would be going with
that
individual question.

2. I don't purposely trick friends to win a game. If by that, you mean manipulating someone using external means of influence such as being friends (that are brought into the game) with them. If you ever see me having a friendly chat with someone in game, consider that null.

3. And I don't like how you're implicitly saying that I'm using friends as a tool to win the game.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about me.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Soren »

In post 362, BlankFace wrote:

he
would be going with
that
individual question.

Then why is he mentioning my name.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:19 am

Post by BlankFace »

The quote shouldn't have been there. I was going to reply to you and ask if about what you said in parenthesis but I answered my own question and backed out of the reply. Is there a way to turn off the saving quotes thing? Or is that just cookies?
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:20 am

Post by BlankFace »

To be clear, you were talking about/to me in your three points, correct? That's what I was saying to Lucian.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Soren »

I was talking to Lucian because he was the one making those comments.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Soren »

When you say that the quote shouldn't be there, which quote are you talking about exactly?
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:55 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 362, BlankFace wrote:

he
would be going with
that
individual question.

The quote in this post. I was going to reply to you but answered my own question while I was typing it out and back out. When I did a quick reply, it posted the quote too.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Soren »

Soren is confused.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 8:09 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm confused too
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 am

Post by BlankFace »

I was going to ask Soren what he meant by what he wrote in parenthesis in that quote. Mainly if he thought if I was asking if he would get a friend to come into the game and go against site rules. As I typed it out, I realized that is not what he meant and backed out of that post. When I went to tell Lucian that I thought Soren was talking about me, I did a quick reply and the quote from the post that I had backed out of popped up. I think it's something to do with my cookies saving the form that I was typing in. It's not the first time I've had that happen.

So my shouldn't have had that quote. It should've said that I thought Soren was talking to/about me when he said that he didn't like the implications of my question. The quote just made it a lot more confusing and I tried to clarify what should have been there.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Katsuki »

@Soren:

I was nominated for Don Corleone 2014 for this game.

I was nominated for Don Corleone 2013 between numerous games, but the one most worth mentioning is this game.
I'm also a bit too lazy to go dig out a ton of links, but if you want them PM me and I can refer you to those games
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Katsuki »

Oh I also had my scum role PM as my avatar in Alice, which makes for a better read but alas.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Soren »

Thank you katsuki, I'll have fun going through some of them.

But other than responding to me do you have anything to add to the game? What's your read on farside, Lucian and house? Or any other reads that you may have.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”