Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 12:48 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1647, Regfan wrote:So yeah, what am I missing; why do you think Anen-BBT or Anen-Ank work as a team and can you think of anyone that works as a third in an Anen-Elk scum-team?

I felt Anen and BBT were playing pretty nice to each other Today up until Anen's recent BBTvote. I think scum should have much clearer motivations, so that's what I feel is most informative w.r.t. interactions. But I'm leaning towards BBT-elk-Ank right now. Do you agree with my reasoning on the ikawagon?

In post 1647, Regfan wrote:Also uh, you don't really think my play here even remotely resembles how I lurk as scum do you? You're going to have to explain that bit to me (Even if just to shut Mina up as Mina messaged me saying she thinks your stance on me as of late kind of comes across as you attempting to spin me as being scummy and thinks I might be getting primed for a mslynch), I don't think that's so likely since I don't think you'd think you can even mslynch me even on a bad town game of mine. I've only been gone 3-4 days max over something that was sadly unavoidable, think it's fairly obvious that I'm dedicating whatever time I can in-thread and spending as much time out of it trying to analyse the game - level of depth/detail in my town v scum play is p obvious really.

I feel very comfortable with my town read on you whenever you post. It probably is just paranoia and not being 100% with any of my theories that makes me worry whenever you disappear and aren't being a force of good in this good (and if your partners were elk and Anen, this is awkward situation for you as scum).

What are the asterisks for by the bye? Have to go now for lunch now.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:13 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1647, Regfan wrote:@Anti - In Post 1472 you stated that scum were the constant pushers of the wagons that flipped town (ie. that it was "scum driven"), the largest pushers of Aero were myself and Llama and the largest pushers of CD were myself and CES; last read you stated on me was a town-read so stating that the wagons were bad and scum driven doesn't add up here. You're going to have to explain the disconnect for me since it doesn't read like genuine scumhunting*.

you can quit the little jabs and you can also go screw yourself since EVERY push you've made has flipped town now. is that what "genuine scumhunting" is doing for you?

usually, that's not what it does for me when i'm town.

you're scum, regfan.

there, i said it.

happy?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:15 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1631, Zachrulez wrote:You're the 2nd counterwagon which has been heavily pushed by the same two guys that pushed the previous counter wagon to anen, with anen setting up a push for BBT.

I don't think that points to Anen town...

oh my god

THANK YOU
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:16 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1651, Antihero wrote:
In post 1647, Regfan wrote:@Anti - In Post 1472 you stated that scum were the constant pushers of the wagons that flipped town (ie. that it was "scum driven"), the largest pushers of Aero were myself and Llama and the largest pushers of CD were myself and CES; last read you stated on me was a town-read so stating that the wagons were bad and scum driven doesn't add up here. You're going to have to explain the disconnect for me since it doesn't read like genuine scumhunting*.

you can quit the little jabs and you can also go screw yourself since EVERY push you've made has flipped town now. is that what "genuine scumhunting" is doing for you?

usually, that's not what it does for me when i'm town.

you're scum, regfan.

there, i said it.

happy?

also, "last i had you" was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on day 1, so you might wanna' check the expiration date on that read, bud
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:19 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1650, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I felt Anen and BBT were playing pretty nice to each other Today up until Anen's recent BBTvote. I think scum should have much clearer motivations, so that's what I feel is most informative w.r.t. interactions. But I'm leaning towards BBT-elk-Ank right now. Do you agree with my reasoning on the ikawagon?

I think Psyche (Anen) - BBT are pretty clear non-partners just based on their early game interaction though especially instnaces like to ect, in that exchange they both are shing the other in a negative light / drawing attention to each other and in a game where scum have daytalk I don't think scum wanting or doing something like that at all. BBT-Elk I could maybe see (It's not something I've focused enough looking into though) but I can't see Elk-Ank, Elks vote on Ank in that situation when the counterwagon (Anen) being town in that scenario doesn't make much sense as scum unless he was going for distancing but that's a p large risk to take and not something I think a scum-team of Ank-Elk would do there if they've got an easy ML lined up in Anen at the time. I can kind of see where you're coming from with the "Ika wagon coming up means that Anen has a decent chance of being town" but I don't really agree? I think BBT votes on Ika is something he's forced into doing regardless of his alignment given the sheer amount of times he's stated he's got a scum-read on Ika and wants a wagon there, the Anen vote and I can see a situation where a scum-team of Elk-Anen think their best chance of a ML is using someone like BBTs vote on Ika to drag up a wagon there.

Astericks were a linking between the Zach/Anti point.

In post 1651, Antihero wrote:you can quit the little jabs and you can also go screw yourself since EVERY push you've made has flipped town now. is that what "genuine scumhunting" is doing for you?

usually, that's not what it does for me when i'm town. you're scum, regfan. there, i said it. happy?

"Little jabs" is hardly what I was doing at all; I still don't understand the comment of "scum were pushing the mslynches", if that's what you thought and if you think I'm scum why not just state that you think I'm scum before; beating around the bushes with reads doesn't make sense and the manner you did it really didn't and still doesn't read genuine to me. And "every push you made has flipped town" is hardly something that should be completely surprising from you given that we just played Josh Wheldan Mafia where I strongly town-read one scum and weakly town-read the other albeit I did swing a deadline lynch on the third but I was leading on town (Marquis's alt) throughout the entirely of the day.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1653, Antihero wrote:also, "last i had you" was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on day 1, so you might wanna' check the expiration date on that read, bud

This is EXACTLY my point though; you stating you had me as town, then changing to stating the wagons were led by scum without actually stating that you're reading me as scum reads as you attempting to soft-state/push a FoS on me without actually coming out and saying it. THAT's what I don't like about it.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:23 am

Post by Antihero »

it's reg/ces/anen
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:23 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1655, Regfan wrote:
In post 1653, Antihero wrote:also, "last i had you" was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on day 1, so you might wanna' check the expiration date on that read, bud

This is EXACTLY my point though; you stating you had me as town, then changing to stating the wagons were led by scum without actually stating that you're reading me as scum reads as you attempting to soft-state/push a FoS on me without actually coming out and saying it. THAT's what I don't like about it.

YOU'RE SCUM
YOU'RE SCUM
YOU'RE SCUM
YOU'RE SCUMYOU'RE SCUM
YOU'RE SCUMYOU'RE SCUM
YOU'RE SCUMYOU'RE SCUM
YOU'RE SCUMYOU'RE SCUM
YOU'RE SCUM

THERE, loud enough for ya'?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:24 am

Post by Antihero »

your walls notwithstanding, your reads have produced exactly NOTHING of value this game and IT HAS SHOWN IN THE FLIPS
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:25 am

Post by Regfan »

Again, THATs not my issue, it's the way you phrased it before. Instead of large-font spamming why not just answer my motherfucking question; if your read changed from having me as town to scum that was pushing mslynches why not outright state that you have me as scum.

Holy fuck just answer the question.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1658, Antihero wrote:your walls notwithstanding, your reads have produced exactly NOTHING of value this game and IT HAS SHOWN IN THE FLIPS

This is complete bullshit. I stand by my town-reads on Ika and Zach, I'll eat a hat if they're scum. I don't see a world where either of them are. I still think CES is town, as annoying as it is I still think you're town. I'd just rather make 100% fucking sure on two you since we've got time and I'd rather not mslynch again here.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:27 am

Post by Antihero »

ok, if that's how it's gonna' be.

VOTE: regfan

ika, zach, this is a call to arms
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1660, Regfan wrote:
In post 1658, Antihero wrote:your walls notwithstanding, your reads have produced exactly NOTHING of value this game and IT HAS SHOWN IN THE FLIPS

This is complete bullshit. I stand by my town-reads on Ika and Zach, I'll eat a hat if they're scum. I don't see a world where either of them are. I still think CES is town, as annoying as it is I still think you're town. I'd just rather make 100% fucking sure on two you since we've got time and I'd rather not mslynch again here.

no, it's not complete bullshit and "townreads" are cheap

ika's been town on "no shit, sherlock" levels for a while now and so has zach, i didn't need anyone to tell me that
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 am

Post by Regfan »

You're in-fucking-suffer-able.

a) If you strongly believe in meta which you claim you do - then read through any of my scum/town games, my metas just as obvious as ikas, if not more.
b) Again you can state that I was wrong on Aero and CD, that's fine (Though tbf I'd probably lynch them again in the same situation) but don't even dare bother saying that I've put no effort in and added nothing to the game. I'm p fucking confident in some of my town reads and want to get more confident in the others to PoE this shit. And again; you should remember Wheldan where I was actually wrong so you going "hurr durr led on town = scum" is nonsensical here.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:31 am

Post by Regfan »

And seriously it'll take you 10 fucking seconds. So please for the love of god answer the question; if you had a scum-read on me before why not state it?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 am

Post by Antihero »

educational experience for everyone.

go double iso tammy and llamamarble and control+f "regfan"

you'll see some interesting things.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 am

Post by Regfan »

Also your whole "You've just led on town, you've done nothing, you've been useless" shit doesn't work when you read someone that's as easy as a book to read incorrectly; There is a reason I spent two town tokens- I'm fucking awful as scum.

Worst part of it is I'm actually growing more confident you're town from your most recent posts but it's not stopping my blood from boiling.

I need to walk away from the computer I think. And FUCK YOU, this was time I was going to carve out to re-reading and ISOing people with a level head.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:36 am

Post by Regfan »

What that both of them (Who are two people that can read me very very well) could work out that I was town? SHOCK HORROR!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 am

Post by Antihero »

Regfan wrote:And seriously it'll take you 10 fucking seconds. So please for the love of god answer the question; if you had a scum-read on me before why not state it?

i was mainly focusing my tunneling efforts on the psyche slot b/c that scum flip would be sweet vindication. now that you've pissed me off you can party with me though.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:41 am

Post by Antihero »

well, no. llama kept wanting to "remove all doubt" from his read on you and then we got this gem.

In post 486, Llamarble wrote:The biggest problem I had with Oversoul early is that he wasn't really doing the work; even if you don't like his content much he is at least putting some effort into the game now. I don't subscribe to 'effort is a null tell.' It is at the very least a good sign for him. You're right that I need to read it more closely as soon as possible though.

This is the post where I go into the things that could go wrong so we keep them in mind.
It will be pretty difficult to convince me that any of BBT Elk (and probably Zach) are scum.

#1 The biggest problem we could have right now is if CES and/or Regfan are scum. Regfan finding CES town for "reclaiming my glory days" comments seems strange to me; if there is ONE statement I could easily fake as scum it's the "here's what I was hoping to do as town" statement: "please let me do my thing; I really want to play a spectacular town game here to start a new streak of crushing town wins and contend for a paragon repeat." Regfan and CES can both play very well as scum; even if it's not Regfan's favorite he will certainly at least provide reads / reasons / expected content (I would expect him to townread me on cue there as either alignment). I wish I had more secondary towntells from Regfan. Regfan's primary targets so far (Elk / Aero) are both people I would see as good targets if I were scum and they were town. Regfan + Cheery or Ank and Psyche or TTH are believable, or CES with Regfan / lurkers. Regfan's treatment of AH is also worrisome (happy to townread him while everyone else is but aware he's not doing anything). I have a hard time believing this game won't be an easy town win if CES + Regfan + me are all town and all agree, so please please don't give total control to Regfan / CES if we haven't lynched scum by D3 and BBT / me eat the first 2 NKs.

#2 The fact that ika / Psyche are doing nothing but getting totally ignored sucks for town and could cause problems down the road (scum can lynch them easily or if they're scum they may manage to coast further). Psyche, ika, AH, Aero, Cheery - Whichever of you are town need to get in here and do things. We MUST lynch scum early or else half our townleaders will be dead and the other half will be untrustworthy (or trusted scumz with lynch-control). If you do nothing D1, you make it harder to lynch scum D1 and those bad scenarios become much more likely. I think this game is decided before D3 starts so if you want to win, you should play now. Are we making a mistake lynching Aeronaut today? Is Ankamius town or is he a buddy Regfan is protecting? Are Regfan and / or CES just agreeing with me and voting whichever of my scumreads are town? Am I as obviously town as I say I am (correct answer: yes)? Is there actual substance behind all the weird AH townreads? Why is everyone content to table ika for later; is he just always worthless to town? Are Oversoul's walls good? Who was the scum voting for Elk? Is the Aero wagon an all-town wagon? There are so many interesting questions in this game - wtf is the point of you being here if you're not going to try to figure the game out?

I guess those two are the biggest risks I can think of right now. I really do think we have this in the bag if CES and Regfan do turn out to be town and we're not "This game is so easy har har har" laughing our way into a terrible situation D3 because half the town isn't playing the game.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:44 am

Post by Antihero »

tth just threatened to kick me in the nuts so

VOTE: aneninen

seriously, this slot is flipping scum

i'll go requote posts later this morning
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:46 am

Post by Regfan »

Here, take a read of my most recent (I don't think I'm forgetting any) scum games Popcorn Mafia, Survivor Mafia and Mafia In Space (My best scum game ever). If you still think I'm mafia after reading those then you can't even give me an ounce of shit for voting Aero or CD.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:47 am

Post by Antihero »

if anen flips scum and tth and i turn out to have been right this whole time, i'm going to give you a mountain of shit
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 1:51 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1672, Antihero wrote:if anen flips scum and tth and i turn out to have been right this whole time, i'm going to give you a mountain of shit

I've never had a town read on him, Psyches never gone above null in my reads list, heck I'm more than likely joining you there (I think Anen+Elk make a lot of sense as a scum-team, which is y'know something I elaborated on in my last proper post but nope I've def not added anything to this game!. I also think Anens case and push on both Ank and BBT read as bad and him fabricating reasons to push people) and was going to devote time to go over him and the others tonight but you've pissed me right off right now and out of the mood for mafia. And you can't give me any shit about "being bad" if you think I'm mafia here, none, nope.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 2:20 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1654, Regfan wrote:Elks vote on Ank in that situation when the counterwagon (Anen) being town in that scenario doesn't make much sense as scum unless he was going for distancing but that's a p large risk to take and not something I think a scum-team of Ank-Elk would do there if they've got an easy ML lined up in Anen at the time

I feel like this point isn't as strong given that if elk is scum, his attack on Ank was definitely prepared ahead of time. I don't think Today's wagon on Anen would've been obvious during the Night.

In post 1654, Regfan wrote:I can kind of see where you're coming from with the "Ika wagon coming up means that Anen has a decent chance of being town" but I don't really agree? I think BBT votes on Ika is something he's forced into doing regardless of his alignment given the sheer amount of times he's stated he's got a scum-read on Ika and wants a wagon there, the Anen vote and I can see a situation where a scum-team of Elk-Anen think their best chance of a ML is using someone like BBTs vote on Ika to drag up a wagon there.

If Elk-Anen were the only scum, then it'd make a good amount of sense. But it feels pretty weird if BBT's the third (even weirder now that Anen is voting BBT). I guess Elk-Anen-Ank is still a fair possibility. A pre-planned Ank-Anen fight to start the Day, based on the presumption that they'd both be lynch suspects, that then sort of dissipated as no wagon on Ank turned up. Elk's vote for Ank does slot very neatly into that narrative.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”