Goon
deep-city-lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:26 am

Post by deep-city-lights »

In post 145, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 143, deep-city-lights wrote:
In post 135, Nachomamma8 wrote:also, is there a reason you haven't talked about why you think heartless is vengeful or no

I assumed you were just being obstinately oblivious. But I hate all the people immediately shouting "SHOOT ME" - you obviously can't shoot them all, and I'm pretty sure there's actual scum calling your bluff in Heartless, Jeanne, and whoever else was doing that.

I was more interested in why you specifically called scum in Heartless: while I'm not necessarily sure on his alignment, I think his response was fairly reasonable if he believed I genuinely suspected their slot because his hydra partner posted a picture of a cat.

If I'm right about you being inclined to think they're town off of that, then that's also illogical.

And maybe I just trust the innocent-looking ones too much (I'll try to ignore this, but seriously I think this might be a problem for me), but Jeanne's obnoxiousness without ill will reads town a lot more strongly than Heartless's anger. I think it makes sense for them to be scum who don't want to be shot for silly reasons.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 148, millar13 wrote:
In post 147, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 144, millar13 wrote:
In post 141, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 137, deep-city-lights wrote:I only signed up for this game because I thought it would be quick and fun. If you're serious about your over a week-long plan, then that's just stupid.

6 days isn't a long time
it's generally a good idea to generate a lot of content and interactions before death starts happening
18 player games really are very rarely "quick and fun"

not for day 1 though.

Hmmm?

day 1 that lasts long, is normally an rvs of pointlessness.
unless someone looks reaally scummy, ;like dlc

Last time we played this, we let D1 last until we had okay to solid reads on the entirety of the playerlist: the RVS/not-seriousness bit ends when we begin to get reads we are significantly more confident about.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 150, deep-city-lights wrote:If I'm right about you being inclined to think they're town off of that, then that's also illogical.

And maybe I just trust the innocent-looking ones too much (I'll try to ignore this, but seriously I think this might be a problem for me), but Jeanne's obnoxiousness without ill will reads town a lot more strongly than Heartless's anger. I think it makes sense for them to be scum who don't want to be shot for silly reasons.

I'm not inclined to find it town simply because the reaction makes sense if that's a genuine belief regardless of their alignment.
Your explanation makes sense, thanks.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

deep-city-lights
deep-city-lights
Goon
deep-city-lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:31 am

Post by deep-city-lights »

In post 141, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 137, deep-city-lights wrote:I only signed up for this game because I thought it would be quick and fun. If you're serious about your over a week-long plan, then that's just stupid.

6 days isn't a long time
it's generally a good idea to generate a lot of content and interactions before death starts happening
18 player games really are very rarely "quick and fun"

As for this, I can (reluctantly) see your point. But at this level of activity or something close to it, I think shooting in only half that time will be just as productive, if not more because then there'll be less apathy. Long first phases are really draining and as I said, I joined for a fun game with a fun setup.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:35 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Nacho didn't say they thought they were town. They just said that their response was not scum-indicative.

But anyways: Heartless is scum who doesn't want to be shot for silly reasons? If you say that's the reason for their post, (the original, angry one about the cat) then I disagree. Nacho's original posts were not a case against Heartless, even a silly one. There would be no need for scum to be afraid of being shot from those. Maybe overly-paranoid scum, but seriously, I just don't see it.

PEDIT: I think a flexible deadline would be fine. If, after three days or so, the thread stagnates, Nacho could easily threaten a shot to get talks back up.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 153, deep-city-lights wrote:But at this level of activity or something close to it, I think shooting in only half that time will be just as productive, if not more because then there'll be less apathy.

I agree.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

vonflare :(

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 114, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 103, Flubbernugget wrote:Can we get tth in here

Why?

To end the drama
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:41 am

Post by CB »

Wow a lot of activity already. Is there bad blood between Nacho and Heartless? Mafia may have gunned him to get him to shoot Heartless.

I thought Nacho was just joking around but Heartless's reaction seemed like they had a history.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:43 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Who's tth?

And I don't think there's any drama. Well, drama that needs to be ended. We did need material for talks.

PEDIT: I don't think they have a history. Heartless reaction just seemed like he'd seen similar situations before and wanted to stop things before they started. Nacho or Heartless could confirm.

Also, their interactions don't seem very confrontational.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 158, CB wrote:I thought Nacho was just joking around but Heartless's reaction seemed like they had a history.

we have a "history" but not a history like talking about an ex girlfriend to a new girlfriend "we have history" but more i know him and i play games with him and we have a good time.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and i'm likely out for the night, be good while I'm gone!!

Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

In post 81, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:odd. We would have thought that We would get the gun.
Perhaps scum Fear the Collective's sharpshooting.

looking at the tools we have to work with
We can't read people
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:00 pm

can someone give Us the ability?
i have no idea why i didn't ask this sooner
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:04 pm

In post 158, CB wrote:Wow a lot of activity already. Is there bad blood between Nacho and Heartless? Mafia may have gunned him to get him to shoot Heartless.

I thought Nacho was just joking around but Heartless's reaction seemed like they had a history.

Hey CB, wanna lynch CB?
It seems you already want to.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Did people want anything from Us? We may have missed stuff.
Gaiden has this habit of being nerdy when he is not confident in what he is saying.
There is only Us
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 131, deep-city-lights wrote:Do we even have a deadline?

Mod, is there a punishment for taking too long to shoot?

Each day has a two week deadline, if the gun-bearer doesn't shoot before the deadline, he/she will die and mafia picks a new gun-bearer.

In post 149, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Nacho, what's that game plan you were talking about? Or is it just the 'wait six days for discussion until I start killing".

I agree that Nacho should wait, though. Asking him to shoot now because you want to be the gunbearer or whatever isn't going to work. I'm pretty sure he'd like to play a bit before making what could be his final post.

Mod, question: I know you can't post when you're dead. Does that mean that the shooter is prohibited from posting after they've taken their shot, as they don't know if they are alive or dead until their target flips? A Schrodinger's gunbearer situation, if you will.

Both gun-bearer and the person who got shot can continue to make posts until I confirm the dead.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 164, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 158, CB wrote:Wow a lot of activity already. Is there bad blood between Nacho and Heartless? Mafia may have gunned him to get him to shoot Heartless.

Hey CB, wanna lynch CB?

Hey Berty!
Does this post mean you're scum reading CB?

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: nonsense
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by CB »

In post 164, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:

Hey CB, wanna lynch CB?

I don't want to OMGUS him
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Jesus, this is what posting cat pictures can lead to, it seems.

I'm wondering at Nacho's being chosen to be gunbearer. Is this because Nacho is a strong player and scum want him to make a shot based on the least amount of info possible (ie. on day one)? I haven't played in a while so I don't know. On the other hand is it because scum were hoping he'd shoot Heartless because of the cat picture thing? That seems like a weird idea to me because it only makes sense as a play if Heartless is town. Heartless could be vengeful I guess but it would be a waste for scum to invite a shot like that as there are only a few of them. It's possible that Heartless is scum and that this is the reasoning that scum want us to follow, but at the moment I'm choosing to think that's less likely, as it seems more high-risk than the alternative of, you know, not posting a cat picture.

I don't have as many thoughts yet on other players. A couple of gut reads, a couple of 'hmmm' moments, but nothing worth posting just yet.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by West9 »

Hi. I'm here. I don't know people except for Victor kind of.

Why is 168 the first vote? Are we not doing the whole "fake voting" thing?

In post 127, vonflare wrote:Can we stop the 'shoot meeeeee' shenanigans and get down to scumhunting?

There was a while between the last "shoot me" post and this one. Why did you feel like saying this?

In post 150, deep-city-lights wrote:And maybe I just trust the innocent-looking ones too much (I'll try to ignore this, but seriously I think this might be a problem for me), but Jeanne's obnoxiousness without ill will reads town a lot more strongly than Heartless's anger. I think it makes sense for them to be scum who don't want to be shot for silly reasons.

Why Vengeful specifically, then?

In post 165, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Did people want anything from Us? We may have missed stuff.

How come you're not mad at people breaking your unspoken rule #1?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 149, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Nacho, what's that game plan you were talking about? Or is it just the 'wait six days for discussion until I start killing".

I agree that Nacho should wait, though. Asking him to shoot now because you want to be the gunbearer or whatever isn't going to work. I'm pretty sure he'd like to play a bit before making what could be his final post.

Mod, question: I know you can't post when you're dead. Does that mean that the shooter is prohibited from posting after they've taken their shot, as they don't know if they are alive or dead until their target flips? A Schrodinger's gunbearer situation, if you will.

I like this for town. Also, it made me smile.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

@julien: I really, really doubt it was the cat picture thing.

That is a great sentence to say though.

@West9: There was a little bit of RVS. But now it looks like we have actual discussion going on, so it's not really necessary. Also, votes will be simply cosmetic throughout the whole game.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by pablito »

I vote that we use votes, despite the cosmetic nature.

When I read the set-up, I thought about something that happened in a Lights Out 1 (completed theme park game in 2006) where Pooky created a referendum-based voting system to create a papertrail to ensure that there was always something to look back at. And in a game with "cosmetic votes", I think we need to do something specific to ensure that everyone can be held to some standard. Thoughts?

I also remember Kingmaker (and the subsequent other versions...I think there was a consulmaker too?) where there were several other voting methods in a game where a small number had power to decide the "lynch".
Sup, later.

Return to “Completed Open Games”