LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 11:20 am

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 539, House wrote:Yeah, I'm going back to Soren.

VOTE: Soren

After everything Suzune has said in the thread, and after you pushed her for sometime, why do you unvote now?
I'm not exactly seeing the connection.

I'll review some of Suzu's reads and her misplaced vote in posts to come. There's no shortage of content from her slot, that's for certain.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 11:22 am

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 574, Soren wrote:
In post 573, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 522, Soren wrote:Isn't he on VLA

Wait a minute, you knew that anyway, yet you still hounded Kat for not doing anything a couple pages back. Why go after someone who say they can't be active?

Enh, it's not really a big deal, but it still shouldn't be a jab.

Still catching up. Got distracted oss.

Strawman detected.

How did I hound at Kats?

I just found it ironic that he was sarcastically complaining about the activity when he has done literally nothing in the game.

He said he was V/La and I thought it was weird how you were going after him even though you knew that.
Hound isn't the best word, "Chastise" would've fit better.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 11:24 am

Post by LucianRoy »

Oh crap, I gotta go, it's about to rain and I've got to walk my dog.

I'll be back to review Suz in 20-30 minutes.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Soren »

1 hour later...
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by grapes »

More soren votes please.

Hey dex I see you pushing lala for fluff and all that but I implore you to ISO soren and tell me that it's not 10x worse.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

VOTE: Soren

Stop trolling please :]

You look very scummy :/
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

I'll read the posts and respond after Survivor~
:mrgreen:
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Soren »

In post 580, lalaladucks wrote:VOTE: Soren

Stop trolling please :]

You look very scummy :/

How am I trolling and point out why you think I am scummy.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Aeronaut has been prodded.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 1, Vote Count #12

Current Vote Count:

(1)
Bookitty -- Aeronaut
(0)
d3x
(0)
House
(3)
Soren -- grapes, House, lalaladucks
(0)
LucianRoy
(0)
Suzune
(0)
BlankFace
(0)
farside22
(1)
PeregrineV -- BlankFace
(1)
lalaladucks -- d3x
(0)
Katsuki
(3)
Aeronaut -- farside22, Bookitty, Soren
(2)
grapes -- Katsuki, PeregrineV

Not Voting:
LucianRoy, Suzune

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

Katsuki is V/LA until 5/13.

Day 1 Will End on Thursday, May 14th, at 7 p.m. eastern time.
Countdown: (expired on 2015-05-14 19:00:00)

Spoiler:

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 579, grapes wrote:More soren votes please.

Hey dex I see you pushing lala for fluff and all that but I implore you to ISO soren and tell me that it's not 10x worse.
I'll take a peek later tonight, I just ordered some pizza and am heading out to pick it up soon. In the meantime, what are your thoughts on ducky?

Of note- I also plan to take a closer look at Boo & Suz's recent posting when I'm back later.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

So I'll go in reverse chronological order just because (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
In post 582, Soren wrote:
How am I trolling and point out why you think I am scummy.

You may not have been intentionally trolling in all of these instances, but it's fluff even if you didn't start it.

In post 494, Soren wrote:
In post 493, farside22 wrote:I'm trying hard not to roll my eyes.

You should probably roll it instead.

In post 516, Soren wrote:
In post 513, Suzune wrote:Soren, this will sound strange but I am going to say it anyway. I appreciate out friendship loads, but I have never seen it as a factor in a mafia game before. I apologise if I am being too sensitive. However, in a weird way, I want to prove myself here and if I was going to walk away I would have already done so. Since I am in for the long hall, in a weird way it is grating on me. In all the games I have ever played with someone, I have never had someone so actively, what is the right word? defend? me. I also tend to notice things with my name in them more, so my eye catches them.

I am aware that I am an emotional person and that my feelings and fears leak out all over the place sometimes. I will try not to remark on it again. Just something I noticed and something new, that I dislike I guess. It runs high on the list of my pet peeves right next to, "If i am wrong about this lynch me." Which is by far my number one.

I guess, I would want you to be critical of me like everyone else. So I find it strange that you are not. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Two letters for all those paragraphs.

In post 553, Soren wrote:Post next if you are scum.

Bridge troll.

In post 555, Soren wrote:Caught the scum.

VOTE: House

Troll doll.

In post 567, Soren wrote:Let's lynch pikachu

VOTE: Aeronaut

Yes I'm sheeping.

In post 568, Soren wrote:Bookitty are you swimming in scum?

Qué es esto.

In post 578, Soren wrote:1 hour later...

I think you're scummy because your behaviour indicates you aren't very interested in scum hunting...
Like, whatcha doing?

Would you be able to give a reads list Soren? (ᵔᴥᵔ)
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 565, LucianRoy wrote:
grapes stuff

What do you think about his vote on Soren?

Hmmm, well...
In post 447, grapes wrote: looks like role fishing to me

VOTE: soren

Which is somewhat valid. Although I don't find said "role fishing" as suspicious as grapes seems to. Soren said he "can't help but point things out. Even if it's anti-town." This doesn't make a whole lot of sense imo. If you're town and you think you've spotted a crumb, why not just keep quiet about it? It's not like the crumber is going to admit to the act, anyway.

And then grapes also says here Soren's fluff is worse than my fluff, which seems to be another contributing factor to grapes' scumread of Soren. I think this reason is okay, I can't objectively compare the fluffiness of ducks vs. Soren, though.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 569, d3x wrote:
@ducks- Was this directed at Suz or P5?

Ehhh, it was more in general. Just my thoughts on Suz's weird disappearance for everyone to consider.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 570, d3x wrote:Forgot this...
In post 547, lalaladucks wrote:(still in post 435) And why in the Milky Way am I, "sure to be [Suz's] partner"?
This is in reference to page12 {particularly your p}. Suz was starting to come under fire {justifiably, imo} from farside. You came out with another middle of the road post calling farside's questioing of Suz TvT and trying to diffuse the situation. If Suz flips Scum, I can easily see this as a NewbScumBuddy trying to break up a line of inquiry early on.

This one,
In post 276, lalaladucks wrote:Suzune comes across as genuine to me and I believe her so I have a nulltownish read on her atm.
I think farside is town but I don't think the continued pushing on this one issue will achieve much.

Okay, I can actually see your point. I do tend to fence-sit in the early game stages. It did nothing to halt the inquiry though, which wasn't my intention. I just thought farside's pushing on Suz was a little over the top, and didn't agree with the degree of suspicion of Suz, that's all.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 569, d3x wrote:

In post 512, lalaladucks wrote:rapes is looking like a towniefruit currently. Vibes from grapes' posts are okay. So I thought I'd unvote grapes
Specifically, plz. He hadn't posted that recently and you'd been consistently posting since his last. What made you UnVote at the time you did?

Erm, you cut out a 'g' in an awkward place :\

So when I unvoted I was at the end of a three day camp and extremely tired. Hard to remember exactly what I was thinking. I guess it was something like, "ahh, may as well take off the random vote cause grapes doesn't seem like a demon this time..."

I went searching for grapes' most recent post before I unvoted, and it was actually AGES before! Didn't even realise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Okay, d3x, you justified your vote on me quite well. You can keep it there if you like.
I really do want to figure out the game but I find it kinda impossible without any flips.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by d3x »

Looking at Soren...

Loads of fluff, yeah. Of particular note, I hate the following bits...

In post 313, Soren wrote:Certainly there are scum tells. And perhaps white knighting is one of them, which you seem to be suggesting. But scum tells are null unless you can explain the motivation behind them. And as you stated, you don't know my motivations.
WKing is very much a ScumTell. The purpose of WKing as Scum is being able to stand back after a MisLynch and saying "I told you so" while at the same time, not being a part of said MisLynch.

My "apparent WKing" in post 194 was not a defense against Suzune as a player, but as a friend. Friends stick up for each other so I didn't exactly appreciate such comments towards Suzune. Especially when I invited Suzune to play on this site, I didn't want her to feel unwelcomed.
Defending a friend against a player ScumHunting them serves no purpose and is actually rather AntiTown. Suz coming to this site has absolutely no bearing on her alignment in this game and not everyone will be able to magically know her alignment without having to sort her out. If you've played Mafia for any length of time, this shouldn't be news.

My post 213 is a genuine concern with farside's tunneling. Because Suzune is saying things that she normally does, so I'm not getting any scum vibes from her. So I didn't really see where farside was going with her line of questioning. In my perspective at least.
It's like he's saying that Suz is playing to her Town game based on extensive meta experience that he has with her and farside should somehow know that.

is another pretty lackluster response to the meta/friendship question. It feels like a 'shame on you' moment, when that doesn't seem to be the issue in question.

There seems to be a general lack of ScumHunting {not to mention a few spots where he's fighting against others ScumHunt}, an overall lack of Scum Reads, and the issue of him riding his grapes RVS.

Summation- I could go for a Soren Lynch.I like my Vote where it's at for the nonce and implore others to take a look, but I'll gladly see Soren Swing.

It's late and I'll look into Boo and Suz later {tomorrow?}.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

I have 5 scum reads this game and 2 null reads That really freeking sucks.

Suz: why no vote? I liked your most recent post.

Boo: you still read as scum to me.

Soren: points I see that made me think. You seem to be wking suz and doing very little as far as looking for scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

Happy Mother's Day to moms in the thread.
Make sure to give your mom a break today.
I know I'm going to relax today.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:47 am

Post by Soren »

You guys should reverse scum read me.

It's because
I'm not
acting
town by contributing but posting fluff instead
that you should be town reading me and
not
scum read me. Only mafia needs to act as town in order to appear town. So you should reverse town read people. It's because you town read someone (since scum needs to act town) that you should be scum reading them instead. Town doesn't exactly have to worry about acting scummy, since they have nothing to be afraid of, and being town would follow naturally. But of course, not all town reads should be scum reads.

So the whole you're scummy for fluff and not posting content argument isn't exactly true for my case.

But of course, it is common scum strategy to do what I do. But I'd like to think that I'm experienced enough of a player to not resort to such shitty tactics.

Also if I were scum wouldn't you think that I would think twice before posting fluff? Wouldn't you think that if I were scum I would at least
try
to scum hunt? Wouldn't you think that I would at least
try to appear town
? Well I guess you could argue that some people just don't like playing as scum and some people have terrible meta as scum in the sense that they are completely different to when they are town. And since no one here knows my meta other than Lucian and Suzune, maybe they can vouch for me that I would at least try to scum hunt if I were scum. Well, maybe not Suzune since she doesn't like meta.

In fact here's some scum meta from me.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1352976

That game was terribly inactive, you would think that the easy way to play as scum in that game would be to just be completely inactive and hide amongst the inactives right? No, I was pretty much the only one trying to scum hunt. Since I was scum, so I
needed to act town.

Of course, it's only a single piece of meta. And a single piece of meta is not enough to generalise. And considering that this game is different from that one, there's circumstantial differences that would change the way I act. And of course, I'm also different as a player now. So take what you will from that. Wouldn't be surprised if you just discarded that piece of meta.

Anyways, the point is. Posting fluff and not really contributing =/= scum. In some cases probably, and this is probably a scum tell. But like I said before, all scum tells are null unless you can explain the motivation behind it.

I've already explained why I haven't contributed as much as I would have liked in 514. I haven't been able to get my head in the game and I'm sorry for that. I chose a wrong time to play, it's exam period for me and I'm actually taking a break from mafia from where I usually play mafia (Suzune can vouch for me on that). And I planned to take a break from playing mafia here as well, but I've always admired Suzune as a player so I wanted to see how she would perform on a site that is a lot more serious about mafia so I invited her to play. And so I couldn't help myself but play in the same games as her. I love playing mafia so when I can't/don't contribute and do what I do then it's also quite frustrating for me too.

I've also got an exam tomorrow so I need to revise. But I should be able to respond to most of the recent things said about me in a few hours or so.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Yea I'm calling that bs.
If you felt that way you wouldn't be signing up for more games.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 1:14 am

Post by lalaladucks »

So Soren, you're saying you're too scummy to be scum? Having this opinion screwed me over in my previous game with House (▰˘︹˘▰)
Thus, I'm hesitant to completely believe this.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 2:13 am

Post by Soren »

In post 596, farside22 wrote:Yea I'm calling that bs.
If you felt that way you wouldn't be signing up for more games.

Felt like what?
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 2:14 am

Post by Soren »

In post 597, lalaladucks wrote:So Soren, you're saying you're too scummy to be scum? Having this opinion screwed me over in my previous game with House (▰˘︹˘▰)
Thus, I'm hesitant to completely believe this.

I am too scummy to be scum.

My play as town is poor in this game and I'll admit that. But I'm not scum.

I see why you would be hesitant to believe it due to recent experience. Nevertheless, it is a valid point.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”