Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 10:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4223, shos wrote:You can let MS' input go, his comments are practically irrelevant by now, they were posted for pages 130-something and we've passed that. I deem it unworthy~

And Ceph Tier has been playing to his town meta so far, and I haven't had a reason to vote him until now. this wagon on him grew with no resistance and no reasoning, so it is suspicious. I'll analyze his role claim in a moment.

I literally could not be more sick of hearing things like this.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 10:55 am

Post by shos »

So. Assuming this table is complete and correct:
PlayerRole FlavorRoleAdditional roleAdditional info
Katsuki
"When the mod forgets to lock the thread"1-shot Thread UnlockerMillerLynched D1
Bins
"When the mod ties alignment to flavor"Conditional CopKilled N1
Cabd
"When the mod doesn't replace lurkers"Limited Vote MoverLynched D2.
Could control the votes of players who haven't posted in 48 hours
Rhinox
When the mod plays favorites"Loud DoctorKilled N2
LIVING PLAYERS:
Cephrir
"When the mod messes up the VC"Vote SwitcherMillerSwitched shos and NS' votes on N2
GreyICE
"When the mod doesn't replace players before the night ends"Night-Action CopN1: Tbone has a night ability
N2: notscience does not have a night ability
Iecerint
"When the mod gives results to the wrong player"Amnesiac TrackerChooses both the tracked person and who gets the result.
N1 tracked Ceph, gave to Tbone
N2 tracked Reck, gave to Rhinox
notscience
HatedGreyICE says he has no night actions
shos
"When the mod confirms the action to the wrong player"Modified Self-WatcherThe ability counts as active.
Not targetted N1.
Not targetted N2.
T-Bone
"When the mod forgets a night action"RoleblockerBlocked Eddie N1
Blocked Rhinox N2
Claimed to have received Iecerint's Track result - Ceph went nowhere.
TierShift
"When the mod forgets to send a role PM"1-shot self-inventor1s ability has yet to be invented
Wisdom
"When the mod just has to comment"MessengerMessaged Reck D1
Messaged shos D2
xRECKONERx
"When the mod keeps score"Points AwarderControlled the 'score' thingie

let's see; deal with the dead first:
1. Bins, dead cop. He's conditional - we don't know the condition - and we also know that Katsuki was a Miller, so that makes him less powerful than a normal cop.
2. Cabd and Katsuki's roles are practically stupid-non-vanillas that are completely useless.
3. Rhinox was a loud doctor. That is superior to a doctor in the fashion that it's both a doctor, AND confirms itself as one to the target. However, it may also let scum know about it if the target is scum. Still stronger than a regular doctor IMO.

1+3 *may* create a follow the cop strategy- depending on the condition...Howeverrrrr

living players:
1. Tbone: roleblocker.
This fits perfectly imo as scum counter to the above. if this is town, then it makes town *really* fucking strong, even without regarding to other roles.

2. Iecerint: Modified Amnesiac Tracker.
a super strong investigative, no questions asked. a full tracker, can confirm itself to others by sending them the result, and can bypass this mechanic by sending result to self if needed. there has to be *AT LEAST* oen scum in these two roles I have just mentioned; if both are town, scum have to have some super extra strongman ninja godfather or something.

3. GreyICE: Night-action cop.
This is a meh-but-still probably strong PR just as well. positive result means absolutely nothing, negative result is powerful. So this cannot catch scum, but it can confirm town. I'd argue that of the three roles I've just wrote down, 2 are scum.

These are three roles that make town super duper strong, even if only 2 are town, arguably even if only 1 is town. All three roles fit as scum roles, too.

4. Cephrir, notscience, shos ,wisdom, reck: useless
All these roles are again practically useless, and seem to just be there to make the person not-vanilla. This seems to be a trend, I can buy these claims.
Reck
's role can be used to decieve town. Wisdom's cannot, no, reck, stop saying that. My role is pretty stupid imo, I dunno, at first I thought it is really awesome but then I realized it's just...not. Ceph's extra part of the role which is being
miller
hinders the cop(s) and possibly the tracker too, so this can be a part of the balancing shit if only 1 is scum of the three roles mentioned above.

5. Tiershift: TBD
I would agree that waiting two nights to invent is not optimal, but I would also agree that inventing on N1 is probably not what the mod planned to happen. if that were the case, it'd just be an even-night role or 1-shot even-night, with no need to invent. The self-targetting theme fits my own role, so I'm also inclined to believe that claim. it may be scum too though, maybe there's a hidden part that says it gets stronger the longer he waits and he's just scum and not saying it. dunno.

6. notscience: hated+???
The fact NS hasn't claimed yet looks wierd to me. he has a confirmation from GICE so he lives either way, but....what would you guys think about this slot if GICE ever flips scum?

~~~

course of actions.

1. I think that we should be focusing on the {T-bone, GreyICE, Iecerint} trio, as there's likely a really good chance of hitting scum there. The tracker claim is reaaaally off imo and I'd lynch it first. Not going to say what later because we'll reevaluate after we see a flip.

2. Choosing from that pool would also allow Tier to be resolved. We'll then know what his role is and see how it works. he will have to work shitloads if he needs to make ANOTHER fakeclaim if scum, not to mention setup balance and flavor.

~~~
Update on reads.
1. Cephrir: probably town. the miller-hinders-town theme looks fitting, he claimed gamestart and his proven switch of me and NS' votes seems to me like he's this game's vanillalike role. Many people seem to have scumread him but nobody voted - that is correct - it's *still* true - but I probably wouldn't support such a lynch.
2. GreyICE: LLD's replaceout was remarkably town, and his townclaim on NS has -no- scum motivation behind it - no cred, no benefits - unless he's scum with NS. The role is odd, but the flavor fits perfectly. I've townread and still am townreading this slot.
3. Iece: I'm like, 95% sure this slot is scum because of the role and the above analysis. The flavor matches very lightly, because he claimed to CHOOSE the "wrong player", and someone said that he knows of a game from whence this fakeclaim may have been taken in which Iece played. In actual gameplay, this slot didn't do shit in serious stuff, the only things I realy remember from it is against *me*, which was bullshit. This is where my vote is, and where I think everyone's vote should be.
4. NS: town by GICE. unlynchable unless GICE flips scum - this is not to be touched, probably getting NKed anyway...
5. shos: superubertown of ultratowniness
6. T-bone: I've been consistently scumreading this slot and it hasn't given me a single reason to change my mind. The claim and horrible actions claimed, with horrible reasoning and coincidences, was shitty enough for me to vote; the analysis I did above is just another straw to this haystack.
7. Tier: flavor fits very well, but the claim is iffy and the way it has been used is worse. I've been townreading this slot due to meta until now, but now that this wagon is on L-1 for ages, and it seems no reasons have been put together by any one of the voters, and the wagon just rose so quickly and without resistance.......I have a bad feeling about this. it's like, 4000 posts into the game I'm calling a "gut" and say this is town. If this lynch goes through, and Tier flips town, there *HAVE* to be 1-2 scums on the wagon. NS is out of question, most preferred is probably Reck so far.
8. Wisdom: town. if anyone is actually scumreading this slot I'll elaborate, but in general - this is town wisdom. I played with him a billion times.
9. Reck: seems very fitting to my theory of {tbone, Iece} scum as the third partner. His input this game seems negligible apart from loads and loads of fluff if memory serves right - but that's like reck always is. I always scumread reck, I may be off here. wouldn't want to lynch him anytime soon, I think, but I wouldn't be, like, OPPOSED to him being dead.

I think that's about it.
if there's anything I should talk about tell me.
also
please comment on this post. THOROUGHLY.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 10:56 am

Post by shos »

In post 4226, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4223, shos wrote:You can let MS' input go, his comments are practically irrelevant by now, they were posted for pages 130-something and we've passed that. I deem it unworthy~

And Ceph Tier has been playing to his town meta so far, and I haven't had a reason to vote him until now. this wagon on him grew with no resistance and no reasoning, so it is suspicious. I'll analyze his role claim in a moment.

I literally could not be more sick of hearing things like this.

does that mean you disagree? with what?
can you tell me why you are voting Tier, without using the confbiasing argument "cuz he's scum"?

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4227, shos wrote:what would you guys think about this slot if GICE ever flips scum?

He would still be town for his grey push. And his Tier push. Because both are scum.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Cephrir »

We've had about 15 wagons today none of them with any resistance that wasn't from Wisdom. They can't all be on town.

Because he doesn't have the same win condition as me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4227, shos wrote:1. I think that we should be focusing on the {T-bone, GreyICE, Iecerint} trio, as there's likely a really good chance of hitting scum there. The tracker claim is reaaaally off imo and I'd lynch it first.

Nope, we're lynching Tier.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4227, shos wrote:and his townclaim on NS has -no- scum motivation behind it - no cred, no benefits - unless he's scum with NS.

lolwat

Are you telling me you've never seen scum claim innos on town?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4227, shos wrote:but now that this wagon is on L-1 for ages, and it seems no reasons have been put together by any one of the voters, and the wagon just rose so quickly and without resistance.......I have a bad feeling about this. it's like, 4000 posts into the game I'm calling a "gut" and say this is town. If this lynch goes through, and Tier flips town, there *HAVE* to be 1-2 scums on the wagon. NS is out of question, most preferred is probably Reck so far.

Wagon speed is not alignment indicative.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Wisdom »

Still Tier/Grey/Reck, still needs hammer.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:09 am

Post by shos »

In post 4229, Wisdom wrote:
In post 4227, shos wrote:what would you guys think about this slot if GICE ever flips scum?

He would still be town for his grey push. And his Tier push. Because both are scum.
What push? link me?

In post 4230, Cephrir wrote:We've had about 15 wagons today none of them with any resistance that wasn't from Wisdom. They can't all be on town.

Because he doesn't have the same win condition as me.
They were simultaneous; as in, counterwagons. This one has none. there was one point - between VCs 3.28 and 3.29 - that everyone just left their wagons and voted Tier to L-1 while he was V/LA, and it happened in like, 10 posts.

In post 4231, Wisdom wrote:
In post 4227, shos wrote:1. I think that we should be focusing on the {T-bone, GreyICE, Iecerint} trio, as there's likely a really good chance of hitting scum there. The tracker claim is reaaaally off imo and I'd lynch it first.

Nope, we're lynching Tier.
Wis, I know it's not like you, but I want you to tell me why. Rather, tell me what's wrong in my analysis of thats trio.
In post 4232, Wisdom wrote:
In post 4227, shos wrote:and his townclaim on NS has -no- scum motivation behind it - no cred, no benefits - unless he's scum with NS.

lolwat

Are you telling me you've never seen scum claim innos on town?

of course I have; but here? that was completely useless if scum-on-town. NS is the least active player in the game, has no influence on anyone (I think). why would scum do that on HIM?

pedit:
wisdom, tell me what's wrong in my trio analysis.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Iecerint »

I can't send the result to myself.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

shos we are not lynching based on setup spec. Tier is not town.

iso ns if you dont remember his pushes
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 4227, shos wrote:3. Iece: I'm like, 95% sure this slot is scum because of the role and the above analysis. The flavor matches very lightly, because he claimed to CHOOSE the "wrong player", and someone said that he knows of a game from whence this fakeclaim may have been taken in which Iece played. In actual gameplay, this slot didn't do shit in serious stuff, the only things I realy remember from it is against *me*, which was bullshit. This is where my vote is, and where I think everyone's vote should be.

1. My flavor fits so well that T-Bone literally guessed it D2.

2. I never claimed to choose the "wrong player."

3. The fact that you are unaware of things I have done honestly says more about you than it does about me.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by shos »

In post 4237, Wisdom wrote:Tier is not town.

In post 4228, shos wrote:
can you tell me why you are voting Tier, without using the confbiasing argument "cuz he's scum"?

:roll: :lol: :roll:

off to sleep

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

He said it was because of his claim and his impression after an iso.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i generally agree with shos's post
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Iecerint »

GreyICE did not weigh in on TS.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:55 am

Post by shos »

In post 4241, xRECKONERx wrote:i generally agree with shos's post

So vote Iece with me?

I am still waiting for any input against TS, guys. Iece and Wisdom and Reck, you're all active and on the wagon - please answer.

Currently the only reason I can think of for Tierscum is his stupid push on me, where he seems to give faulty meta which he should correctly read the other way around (like wisdom does).

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:22 am

Post by shos »

for the record, I'm ignoring like a thousand posts by MS that call me to hammer.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

Please listen to him
Bartleby the Scrivener
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4245, Cephrir wrote:Please listen to him
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4243, shos wrote:Currently the only reason I can think of for Tierscum is his stupid push on me, where he seems to give faulty meta which he should correctly read the other way around (like wisdom does).

dude...

You have this 1-shot Inventing thing. You decide, for some unworldly reason, that you will get a better action the later you use it. And you risk not getting to use it at all? How the fuck is this a believable course of action?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

This means that either things are exactly like he says, except he is scum with this role and therefore doesn't fear the game ending,

or that this all was made up bullshit.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 am

Post by shos »

Yes it's fucked up.
But if we lynch based on claims, we have.much.bigger fish...

Bah, whagever. intent.to.hammer; waiting.for.GICE.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”