Micro 474: Over the Garden Wall Mafia (GAME OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 5:33 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

I'm an NK immune miller vig IC
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Hey! Jokeclaims are my schtick! :(
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 6:02 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Also, you underestimate Gaiden lurk styles.
This is clearly the "front load style" where i post "a lot" early then coast on my obvtown aura.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I don't think you're obvTown.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 6:52 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

that's cause your clearly scum
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:02 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

you're**
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

And I suppose all the players who don't think you're obvTown either are my scumbuddies.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:43 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

how'd you guess?
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:44 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

wait, i've played this game before...
VOTE: conspiracy
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

:igmeou:
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Kagami »

Official Vote Count

Metal Sonic
(3): ActionDan, pieguyn, Doduo
Doduo
(2): Nachomamma8, Metal Sonic
SXTLHGaiden
(1): Alchemist21
9/11 was an Inside Job
(1): SXTLHGaiden
pieguyn
(1): Honey bee

Not Voting
(1): Lia

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-05-19 07:01:02)
Doduo
Doduo
Goon
Doduo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Doduo »

VOTE: cheney

"The brains in its two heads appear to communicate emotions to each other with a telepathic power."

Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 186, Doduo wrote:VOTE: cheney

Thesp's votecounter says this is a vote for Doduo, so we'll just go with that (Gaiden's was for actionDan).
Doduo
Doduo
Goon
Doduo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Doduo »

VOTE: Doduo

Funtime over. No more silly votes

"The brains in its two heads appear to communicate emotions to each other with a telepathic power."

Doduo
Doduo
Goon
Doduo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Doduo »

VOTE: ms : [

Doduo
Doduo
Goon
Doduo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Doduo »

i honestly thought it could be an actual mechanic tho

just silliness.

Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Honey bee »

In post 51, pieguyn wrote:I'm about 99% sure he could post it as either alignment. faking confusion about smth it's publicly known scum has is an easy way to appear as town-ish in some ppl's eyes (it actually strikes me as something he'd specifically go out of his way to do as scum, but I don't feel that strongly about it).

either way when he jokes around early game I don't see it looking like this. he usually just fluff posts about stuff that's not game-relevant.

some people is mostly just me, and in this game it's just me saying this too. It almost never pays off for scum. I guess I could see ways he'd just say that as scum, but I don't see it as pandering.

Do you have an example of what you're talking about tho? I haven't gone on a meta crunch yet so these arguments seem distant from me.

I'm going to let go of whatevers bothering me about pie. Rest of her play doesn't really support it. VOTE: lia because I don't my vote idle and most of the active players aren't troubling me. Did you not have anyone better you wanted to vote?
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Lia »

All I've really got so far is a scum read on MS and possibly on Honey bee. I'm going to give Nacho and Alchemist a tentative town read for now for the point that Nacho raised on that, and that Alch queried. They both feel town for that. Everything else seems to be just sparring based on meta. Still getting a slight twinge about Pie from her early posts but can't quite put my finger on it.

Preview edit:

In post 191, Honey bee wrote:
I'm going to let go of whatevers bothering me about pie. Rest of her play doesn't really support it. VOTE: lia because I don't my vote idle and most of the active players aren't troubling me. Did you not have anyone better you wanted to vote?

My vote would be on MS but I don't want to put him at L-1 yet which is why I'm not voting. Do you have any scum reads yet? Your read on Pie seems similar to mine. Is that from a meta read or just from this thread?
Doduo
Doduo
Goon
Doduo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Doduo »

that is a really big time gap for a pedit

Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Lia »

I was looking back over the thread while writing my post so didn't see that post till I previewed before submitting.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Post by Honey bee »

In post 192, Lia wrote:
My vote would be on MS but I don't want to put him at L-1 yet which is why I'm not voting. Do you have any scum reads yet? Your read on Pie seems similar to mine. Is that from a meta read or just from this thread?

nah, I don't know pie's meta, so from the thread. My reads are varying from townie feeling to slightly scumish.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 1:07 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 145, Doduo wrote:I smell butthurt

:)

this notsci? you support Marquis' scum read on MS?

In post 155, Doduo wrote:like i'm pretty sure you would still make that flavor claim as scum because you have the balls to do so. and i'd imagine in this scum mechanic it'd be a great way to fly in the face of the obvious suspicion if you were scum

disagree. I didn't think about this before, but I don't think he'd go out of his way to claim flavor as scum from a strategic POV for a few reasons: 1. since scum have a flavor NK (which in this case is a strongman kill that can't be affected by anything) it naturally opens up paranoia as to why he's still alive in LYLO, which is something I'm pretty fucking sure he'd want to avoid if possible, 2. there is a nonzero chance there exists a town investigative role that acts on flavor and if he's the only one who's flavor claimed he's the obvious target for it (I'm not sure how strong this is bc I incorrectly townread zmuffin for something like this in a previous game, although in his case it was bc he just didn't think about it).

I thought it also looked town for other reasons, which I don't really want to elaborate on. either way I'm fairly sure this is just Nacho's town game
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 1:22 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 191, Honey bee wrote:Do you have an example of what you're talking about tho? I haven't gone on a meta crunch yet so these arguments seem distant from me.

MS is known for essentially being a huge derp, and afiact he abuses this as scum to make a bunch of pointless posts and have it all be written off as "lol, derp". I don't have any specific examples of his scum play, but I've loosely followed a few games he was in where he was scum and I generally got that impression off the posts of his that I saw. the 2 most recent town games I had with him were

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=61111 (Endless Possibilities hydra) - he just fluff posts and has fun early game until he starts pushing Om. there were only I think 3 or 4 posts before that, the rest of them were me.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60046 (mental somnic hydra) - he just ignores everything (and says as much) until he starts getting reads. all the other posts that were about stuff were Om.

it might be difficult to tell individual posts apart bc both of those are hydra games. most of his games he does the former as opposed to lurking the game out, but regardless (I can link more games if you want).

I didn't mind his response to my initial push, but it's not enough to make me drop the scum read by itself. more recently, I don't like his Gaiden read either for the same reason - I don't get the impression he actually believed Gaiden is "conftown" off anything he did, and if he does, he shouldn't go back and immediately think he might be scum for meta reasons. it feels more like he's just coming up with shit for the sake of it without any internal consistency anywhere.

In post 192, Lia wrote:All I've really got so far is a scum read on MS and possibly on Honey bee. I'm going to give Nacho and Alchemist a tentative town read for now for the point that Nacho raised on that, and that Alch queried. They both feel town for that. Everything else seems to be just sparring based on meta. Still getting a slight twinge about Pie from her early posts but can't quite put my finger on it.

elaborate on both of these? (in MS' case, I don't disagree, but I want to know your specific reasoning)
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 2:07 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

someone let me know how good is pie's scumgame

The above seems too good to be true
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!