SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 233, dragonspawn wrote:This whole ozgin push feels completely wrong. Haven't figured out why exactly. But I will.

Do you think he's town here? Who, among the Ozgin pushers don't you like?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 248, Titus wrote:
In post 245, dragonspawn wrote:Not so sure of that Titus. Wolf has gotten better a hiding her tells

Well, we'll see. I usually get in relatively soon. My way of reading people is usually considered "odd" anyway so, we'll see. Right now, I'm leaning scum due to her hedges and overdefensiveness. Mostly the hedges though.

What hedges are those? I think lala ducks is scummy for fluff posting and "fake" looking bravado about the votes on her. I think you are scummy. I don't get your Ozgin push. I think you are misrepping him and me quite a bit, are over defensive and apologetic yourself, and are using AtE especially on me which is scummy. I'm not a big fan of dragon right now either. I think Ozgin might actually be town here. So about those hedges?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Titus »

@Egg, I was Wolf and Dragonspawn's IC on another site. I'll sometimes refer to Dragonspawn as Avatar (because that's what his name was on that site). Most of them kinda followed me over here. I kinda wanted to have a legacy of decent players in case I had to leave mafiascum. You know, leave the community better than I found it type deal.

Again, if he said "townie" I'd buy it. No one says, I'm a
vanilla townie
out of the blue. Word choice is everything.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 251, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 245, dragonspawn wrote:Not so sure of that Titus. Wolf has gotten better a hiding her tells

Well, we'll see. I usually get in relatively soon. My way of reading people is usually considered "odd" anyway so, we'll see. Right now, I'm leaning scum due to her hedges and overdefensiveness. Mostly the hedges though.

What hedges are those? I think lala ducks is scummy for fluff posting and "fake" looking bravado about the votes on her. I think you are scummy. I don't get your Ozgin push. I think you are misrepping him and me quite a bit, are over defensive and apologetic yourself, and are using AtE especially on me which is scummy. I'm not a big fan of dragon right now either. I think Ozgin might actually be town here. So about those hedges?

The very "engaging" posts you quoted. You're leaving yourself open to vote Ozgin or not based on how the wind blew. You liked some things, but disapproved of others and came to no real conclusion.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Egg »

When did he say vanilla townie?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 250, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 233, dragonspawn wrote:This whole ozgin push feels completely wrong. Haven't figured out why exactly. But I will.

Do you think he's town here? Who, among the Ozgin pushers don't you like?

Not sure. If it wasn't multi team scum, I'd think he was town.

Titus seems alright. But Varsoon and then duck immediately jumping on just didn't feel right.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 254, Egg wrote:When did he say vanilla townie?

That's what a citizen is. A vanilla townie. That's what the setup says. So he basically said, he's not a PR out of the blue. People do not do that as town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Titus »

Setup
This game has a Day start.
'Citizen' will be used in place of 'Vanilla Townie.'

This is a Semi-Closed Setup.
14:3:3:1
Scum have Daytalk.
Deadline extensions may be permitted.
This setup does include two non-normal roles.
The game uses a specific version of Natural Action Resolution. It's outlined in 'Miscellaneous.'
There may be duplicate roles.
Any role may be Town or Scum.
Mod is NOT infallible. If you suspect a mistake, please let me know via PM right away.
Role assumptions are not advised.

Bolded for Egg.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 253, Titus wrote:
In post 251, SilverWolf wrote:

The very "engaging" posts you quoted. You're leaving yourself open to vote Ozgin or not based on how the wind blew. You liked some things, but disapproved of others and came to no real conclusion.

I was still reading him and trying to figure him out. I think he's town. He's invested in the game and comes off as sincere in his enthusiasm. I don't get your Citizen point despite how many times you explain it. I think that was bad play on his part but why is it scummy?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Titus »

What town says, oh by the way, I'm not a PR in casual unprovoked conversation if they have experience? Remember the game where I was iceproof townie. I claimed with a reason. The cop just willy nilly claimed to her hood. We all agreed that was bad play and not to be repeated. Any decent IC would have crushed that behavior saying do not claim your role unless necessary. Claiming Citizen here does nothing protown.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Oh, Wolfie, you find me scummy because of fluff? I'm always ~fluffy~fluffy~ in the beginning :mrgreen:
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 259, Titus wrote:What town says, oh by the way, I'm not a PR in casual unprovoked conversation if they have experience? Remember the game where I was iceproof townie. I claimed with a reason. The cop just willy nilly claimed to her hood. We all agreed that was bad play and not to be repeated. Any decent IC would have crushed that behavior saying do not claim your role unless necessary. Claiming Citizen here does nothing protown.

OK, he's anti-town I agree. But why would scum do this?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 260, lalaladucks wrote:Oh, Wolfie, you find me scummy because of fluff? I'm always ~fluffy~fluffy~ in the beginning :mrgreen:

Well, and I don't mind fluff posting in the beginning, I do the same thing. Do you have better reasons for voting for House and Ozgin than you've given so far?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by Aneninen »

11 pages? WTF has been happening here?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 261, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 259, Titus wrote:What town says, oh by the way, I'm not a PR in casual unprovoked conversation if they have experience? Remember the game where I was iceproof townie. I claimed with a reason. The cop just willy nilly claimed to her hood. We all agreed that was bad play and not to be repeated. Any decent IC would have crushed that behavior saying do not claim your role unless necessary. Claiming Citizen here does nothing protown.

OK, he's anti-town I agree. But why would scum do this?

Appear non threatening, avoid cross kills, and that's for starters not being aware of the roles scum have.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by House »

11 freakin' pages, people?

Screw that. This game starts on page 11.

I think.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 262, SilverWolf wrote:
Well, and I don't mind fluff posting in the beginning, I do the same thing. Do you have better reasons for voting for House and Ozgin than you've given so far?

Mmm, kinda just wanted House to show up if he's town, Ozgin's behaviour gave me weirdscummy vibes but seeing how he reacted appeased these vibes somewhat.

House, you have to read those 11 pages sometime, they're filled with *majestic sparkly sorcery*
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Post by Kitz »

In post 185, Ozgin wrote:This game is heating up, and I kinda like it. This is the most excited I've been ever to play a normal game as a citizen.

Scummy to claim VT / Citizen this early in any context.

In post 191, Varsoon wrote:You wanna talk rhetoric, I think it's awkward that you're referring to yourself as a citizen rather than town.
In most games, you're gonna be town. In this game specifically, you'd be a citizen if you were town-aligned.
So this speaks towards specific attention payed towards a claimed alignment flavor.
Which, to me, feels stilted, like you double-checked the OP to make sure you were calling yourself the right thing.

I catch this as quite scummy. TLDR : "You claim Citizen. Citizen is not normal. You have to read the setup to read it. Thus, scum."
Why is it scummy to claim Citizen based on the flavor, leading to someone having read the setup multiple times for accuracy?
It's actually quite obvious. I feel you're pulling this one from nowhere.
Yes, the claim itself is scummy, but this made no sense in my eyes. Am I catching you for not reading the setup, hmm? :roll:

1. Role PM's include flavor.

2. This quote. It encourages to actually read the rules not only once, but twice.
In post 0, Wake1 wrote:
Please read these rules one more time.
Especially
Miscellaneous.

3. This sample.

In post 0, Wake1 wrote:
Sample Role PM:

Citizen

Welcome,
[Player Name]
. You are a
Citizen

Abilities:
Your weapons are your voice and your vote. You have no night actions.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
[/area]

4. It's in the Rules, bolded.

In post 0, Wake1 wrote:
'Citizen' will be used in place of 'Vanilla Townie.'
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Post by Kitz »

As for the discussions...
Imagine having a baby. It is the most beautiful baby that you could imagine. It grew up to be the most gentle, beautiful and pretty person. All thanks to you, for being such a great parrent.

#end
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Kitz are you scum?

I mean, that was a wonderful story and all, but...
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by Kitz »

In post 269, lalaladucks wrote:Kitz are you scum?

I mean, that was a wonderful story and all, but...

If I say no, will you say I'm scum for saying obv-no?
If I say yes, will you tunnel me all the way to planet jupiter?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

I knew I wasn't going to get a straight answer, but you're pretty suss.
Probably to Neptune, ya know, those blue gas clouds are more inviting than stripy ones.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 11:01 pm

Post by Kitz »

Is that another of those fancy acronyms that's not part of the acronym list?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Oh, nope just short for suspicious :S
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 177, Drixx wrote:Fish pictures are awesome.

As for RVS votes; sometimes I vote, sometimes I don't. It mostly depends on my mood. Since I am sort of plodding and deliberate with my voting, when I do RVS vote it tends to just sit there forever until I find someone scummy enough to get a real vote.

I'm a bit surprised by the pace thus far. I have a little less time than usual until Sunday night, but I'll try not to be a total lurksack.

For Egg, who apparently missed the post or wanted to pretend he did so he could see if I would ignore him or answer again or whatever.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”