Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, none of you are voting that person right now, so it's fine I guess.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

sheep me, Brian
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2063, sangres wrote:
In post 2062, Bookitty wrote:@Sangres: In Post 1859 you chimed in with Brian to say basically the same thing about me as you're now saying about Snowstorm.

How come the comment is so similar?

Nacho posted 1859. I'll ask him what specifically he was concerned about then.

If you look at the sangres iso in the Sabotage large theme game, you'll see that I (ffery) had as strong townread on SnowStorm on day 1 of that game. As the game progressedf I started to see posts especially at the end of game days and start of game days that really pinged for me in an objectively scummy way. I'm feeling like there's a much higher ping to content ratio here than town-Snowstorm put into the Sabotage game especially early on.

there's more but phoneposting is annoying.

This is my town play. Not the the same town play as when I catch scum in my second post, but it's still my town play. I'd say it's closer to my play in X-Men, where I played more passively up until someone tried to drag me to the lynch block. In fact that's how most of my town games go.

On another note, someone tell me why we're screening sangres?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Porochaz »

:roll:
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Porochaz »

vote snowstorm

screen sangres
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

LLD/TWL are the only acceptable lynches today.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by sangres »

Screen: LLD

Sorry Nero, but neither of those players are getting lynched when Ffery has a strong scum read.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If you are ok with getting screened why are you wanting to screen not you?

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by sangres »

Ffery's okay with getting screened because she's tired of putting up with bullshit. I'm not okay with getting screened because there are people who might actually get mislynched who make much better screens.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2062, Bookitty wrote:@Sangres: In you chimed in with Brian to say basically the same thing about me as you're now saying about Snowstorm.

@AngryPidgeon: What's your read on Nikanor, please?

One comment was mine, the other was Ffery's. When I say something like that, it's usually coming from a paranoid place but I don't think screening you was a bad option at all because your play this game hasn't felt at all like the past few games I've played with you where you've been intensely intensely intensely town, and this game is very decidedly not that.

When Ffery says something like that, it means something else entirely and is closer to what I mean when I say "this player is going to flip scum".
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

meh, neither LLD or TWL are doing anything so I think there's a decent chance we see scum in those two.

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1955, SnowStorm wrote:It was a waste because we could have screened someone whose result would be more useful. Kitty already looked town. Sure she's conftown now, good, but we could have conftowned someone more suspicious and eliminate them from the mislynch pool (where Kitty was never in), or caught scum.

This post caught my eye immediately because it's not a lynch pool - it's a mislynch pool. curiouskarmadog questioned the post, but it looks like for the wrong reasons, since SnowStorm's explanation in post .

The "waste of a screen" post also pinged, but not as hard. It was more in the vein of the posts in the Sabotage game I mentioned. There are some more things I want to find.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2085, Nero Cain wrote:meh, neither LLD or TWL are doing anything so I think there's a decent chance we see scum in those two.

we could lynch "not doing anything" or we could lynch scum
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

scum often "don't do anything" are you scum and know they are town or something?

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2084, sangres wrote:
In post 2062, Bookitty wrote:@Sangres: In you chimed in with Brian to say basically the same thing about me as you're now saying about Snowstorm.

@AngryPidgeon: What's your read on Nikanor, please?

One comment was mine, the other was Ffery's. When I say something like that, it's usually coming from a paranoid place but I don't think screening you was a bad option at all because your play this game hasn't felt at all like the past few games I've played with you where you've been intensely intensely intensely town, and this game is very decidedly not that.

When Ffery says something like that, it means something else entirely and is closer to what I mean when I say "this player is going to flip scum".

meh. not exactly. It's definitely not how I interact with someone I'm paranoid about, though.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by sangres »

Lynching people for not doing anything is a crapshoot. Lynching people because they are posting scummy shit is not.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2086, sangres wrote:
In post 1955, SnowStorm wrote:It was a waste because we could have screened someone whose result would be more useful. Kitty already looked town. Sure she's conftown now, good, but we could have conftowned someone more suspicious and eliminate them from the mislynch pool (where Kitty was never in), or caught scum.

This post caught my eye immediately because it's not a lynch pool - it's a mislynch pool. curiouskarmadog questioned the post, but it looks like for the wrong reasons, since SnowStorm's explanation in post .

The "waste of a screen" post also pinged, but not as hard. It was more in the vein of the posts in the Sabotage game I mentioned. There are some more things I want to find.

And 1957 looks like he caught himself when ckd questioned him and finessed his explanation to include scum in the mislynch pool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

town players post scummy shit all the time, its not this super duper scumtell that you think it is.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not to me, he had a town read on Kitty, Kitty got screened and he said it was a waste. I'm not seeing whats so scummy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Also Snow is a TWL counterwagon so it makes me :igmeou:

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1972, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1968, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1963, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1961, Porochaz wrote:
In post 1953, SnowStorm wrote:That was a waste of a screen.

You would have said that regardless.

Would I?

you disagree? explain.

He's saying I came into this day with a predetermined opinion on the screen,
of course disagree with him

This is a pretty dumb question btw. What else did you expect me to answer?

What did you disagree about specifically? That you had a predetermined opinion?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2093, Nero Cain wrote:not to me, he had a town read on Kitty, Kitty got screened and he said it was a waste. I'm not seeing whats so scummy.

You're coming very close to getting directly into my line of questioning. I'd like for you to not do that for a bit plz.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2092, Nero Cain wrote:town players post scummy shit all the time, its not this super duper scumtell that you think it is.

You don't think being scummy is scummy?
I respectfully disagree.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2086, sangres wrote:

What's your issue with my use of the words "mislynch pool"?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1179, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1175, ooba wrote:
Scum group consisting of people from numbers 1 through 7
http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Cylon_Models

Plus one human sleeper.

Hm, I wouldn't have been so reticent to vote BRO if I had known I was a show Cylon... I could never tell it from my role PM.

This post and the ensuing back and forth still gives me hives. In part because the post completely glosses over the stark difference in what Nikanor claimed about his role PM and what Bro claimed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”