You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:27 am

Post by You Got Schooled »

Solid wagon on ika = ika is a scum read.

Don't particularly care how you want to word that. That's what it means.

If one of your scum reads has a wagon, you should probably join it. That's how we lynch scum.

Watch. You're about to fall victim to it.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Newbie:

In post 72, Newbie wrote:It looks like scum knowing what ika will flip. If ika flips town, then lane can get town cred by not being on the lynch. If ika flips scum, then he can try and get town cred by saying he acknowledged that the lynch was solid.

This theory doesn't really match up with lane's play, though.

lane doesn't get any credit for a ika-town flip, as lane was cheerleading the ika wagon from the sidelines.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

UNVOTE: lane
VOTE: YGS

You're being completely non-responsive to my question, and instead are focusing on whether I used the word "suspicion" or "scummy" when they both mean the same damned thing. Which we appear to agree upon, but you nonetheless ignore the whole point of my question (of why, between two scum reads, it was suspicious for lane to vote one over the other).
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:34 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 72, Newbie wrote:I'm basically wondering why he didn't want to add on to the wagon of someone he thinks is scum (which was the lead wagon). There are reasons why a townie wouldn't: either they think the wagon is bad or they want to be cautious about a quick lynch. But he specifically stated that he thinks the ika wagon is solid and didn't mention anything about not wanting a quick lynch. He didn't even try to stall it.

It looks like scum knowing what ika will flip. If ika flips town, then lane can get town cred by not being on the lynch. If ika flips scum, then he can try and get town cred by saying he acknowledged that the lynch was solid.

You know what it looks like to me? Someone voting their strongest scum read
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:36 am

Post by lane0168 »

Hey newb, you jumped off the leading wagon onto me. Why would you do that?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:41 am

Post by lane0168 »

You look like scum knowing what ika will flip. If ika flips scum, you can be like oh yeah, that's why I started the wagon. If ika flips town you can be like oh yeah, that's why I got off the wagon

Your logic is flawless, considering I can say the exact same shit and it's just as true in reverse
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:41 am

Post by lane0168 »

^^^@newbie
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:42 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 79, lane0168 wrote:Hey newb, you jumped off the leading wagon onto me. Why would you do that?

Because I initially thought you could be scum avoiding a wagon that would flip townie.

Though, now that I think about it and read this post of GC's

In post 76, Green Crayons wrote:
@Newbie:

In post 72, Newbie wrote:It looks like scum knowing what ika will flip. If ika flips town, then lane can get town cred by not being on the lynch. If ika flips scum, then he can try and get town cred by saying he acknowledged that the lynch was solid.

This theory doesn't really match up with lane's play, though.

lane doesn't get any credit for a ika-town flip, as lane was cheerleading the ika wagon from the sidelines.

I see scum trying to avoid a scum partner's wagon while putting it out there that they support it (but not by vote!). :)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:43 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Hah, fair enough.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:44 am

In post 77, Green Crayons wrote:UNVOTE: lane
VOTE: YGS

You're being completely non-responsive to my question, and instead are focusing on whether I used the word "suspicion" or "scummy" when they both mean the same damned thing. Which we appear to agree upon, but you nonetheless ignore the whole point of my question (of why, between two scum reads, it was suspicious for lane to vote one over the other).

Hmm, are you scum GC? I had you as town but I'm not so sure now.

*Start Advertisement*
Is your bus going wrong? Does it look like your buddy might actually get lynched? Are you unsure what to do? Then look no further, simply call '0800 I-need-a-really-bad-reason-to-get-off-this-wagon-I'm-on' and we'll provide that bad reason you're looking for to stop bussing your buddy!
*End Advertisement*

I answered your bad question. You're either not reading or 'see above'.

You can be suspicious of somebody without thinking they're scum. This is obvious. I feel you should know this.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:53 am

Post by lane0168 »

Hahaha! Yes! Someone throws in some logic and they're all of a sudden my scum buddy!

And I couldn't possibly have voted ygs cause he my biggest scum read and not voted ika because I'm not convinced of scum.

I'll be glad to hammer ika if they don't get better. Oh wait. But since I'm scum I'll just be bussing my partner. But if indeed ika is town, I'm just an opportunistic scum.

Look at the facts you daft mofugears. I voted ygs for biggest scum read. That is what I did. I didn't not do anything for any other reason. I did that for a reason. I didn't not do anything for any particular reason. I VOTED YGS FOR A REASON! I DIDN'T NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER. I PURPOSELY VOTED YGS. I DIDN'T PURPOSELY NOT VOTE IKA.

Jesus
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:56 am

Post by lane0168 »

Newbie is scum, but got off scum partners ika wagon to avoid lynching a partner but putting it out there that they once supported it
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Newbie »

Dude, you said ika's wagon is solid. How is that uncertainty?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:03 am

Post by lane0168 »

What do you mean?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:05 am

Post by lane0168 »

Read this slowly. I have 1 vote that I can put on 1 person. I voted for my biggest scum read. End of story
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:14 am

In post 89, lane0168 wrote:Read this slowly. I have 1 vote that I can put on 1 person. I voted for my biggest scum read. End of story

And we were scummier than ika because...
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:15 am

In post 85, lane0168 wrote:Hahaha! Yes! Someone throws in some logic and they're all of a sudden my scum buddy!

And I couldn't possibly have voted ygs cause he my biggest scum read and not voted ika because I'm not convinced of scum.

I'll be glad to hammer ika if they don't get better. Oh wait. But since I'm scum I'll just be bussing my partner. But if indeed ika is town, I'm just an opportunistic scum.

Look at the facts you daft mofugears. I voted ygs for biggest scum read. That is what I did. I didn't not do anything for any other reason. I did that for a reason. I didn't not do anything for any particular reason. I VOTED YGS FOR A REASON! I DIDN'T NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER. I PURPOSELY VOTED YGS. I DIDN'T PURPOSELY NOT VOTE IKA.

Jesus

This post is using two views from two different people to try and discredit two separate arguments by presenting them as if they're coming from the same source.

This is weak.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:19 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hey I haven't read anything but

I believe optimal strategy is to plan out our visits tonight and to have two players visiting different people.

Player A and B visits Player X
Player C and D visits Player Y
Player E and F visits Player Z
Player G and H visits Player ?
Player I and J visits Player !

This prevents PGOs from activating without confirming them as scum and allows cop to get reports relatively safely.

It also may be optimal to no lynch and then do that twice?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:20 am

Post by BBmolla »

And in that scenario if Players B and C die, then we know one of X and Y is confirmed scum.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:24 am

Woop, strawman argument spotted. Lane, why would we wagon ika if we were scum? - Why is it not more obvious that we had a scum-read on him, and voted him?

@ GC: 'if you accept that lane thinks both ika and YGS are suspicious, but not necessarily buddies, why are you having a problem with lane voting YGS and simply vocally supporting ika votes (what actually happened) rather than voting ika and vocally supporting YGS votes (what you appear to be suggesting to be the non-suspicious thing to do)?'

I think you are asking why we have a problem with why lane's vote is bad WHILE he is scum-reading our slot? I think the question I just asked him explains that: he's not really established a reason behind his read on us, but would rather scum-read us than see our vote as town voting ika for the same reasons he 'suspects' them. Seems like he's reaching. Does that answer your question?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:25 am

Post by ZZZX »

I am really busy for 3 days but it shouldnt be a problem. will read up really soon (and i will have limitless free time !)
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:25 am

Sorry BBM, yours is not a strawman! Was talking to lane. Please get back to us with your thoughts while I think about your strategy: it looks good on the surface...
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:27 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 3, Persivul wrote:Good morning everyone!

Let the RVS commence.

VOTE: BBmolla

If you give a reasonable explanation for your username I'll remove the vote.

My old online name used to start with "BB" which was derived from the first letter of my name twice, and then "Molla" is my last name (Mollard) minus the rd.

Crayons is probably town.
In post 28, Green Crayons wrote:The "three votes in rapid succession" entrance reads like a forced attempt to not look rigid and scummy, but fluid and townie.

^Cause I thought the same thing.

If Lane is town, Newbie is the scum on that wagon though.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:28 am

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Newbie
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:31 am

Newbie seems town.

I don't like that vote.

I expressed similar doubt about Lane in Hydra QT and also thought GC could be town. Then he started playing badly and I thought he might be scum.

That is a bad vote though.

Do you think Lane is town?

Return to “Completed Open Games”