Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #6178 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:09 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I just told myself that I had to go to bed to ignore this, but apparently I can't. UT, I'm impressed by how quickly you've got me from zero to furious.

Titus
, it's not that I'm trying to create the impression that you aren't reading, it's that you asked why I thought his case was bad when I'd made a post at the top of this page explaining why I thought his case was bad. You could have said "I thought #6151 was unconvincing" but you acted as if I hadn't made an argument at all, and that was why I could only assume that you hadn't been reading. Your thing about behavioural vs logic there has actually left me speechless, though, so that's it for me on this one. Enjoy your scum-driven blind alley. There is only so far that I can go in trying to connect our two wavelengths, because you see mafia, as a game, so utterly differently to me.

UT
, 6159/6170 seem like another example of this classic thing that I keep coming back to of you not addressing obvious things. Here's the ETL one, and the other one that I'm coming back to for, I believe, the fifth time now:

On ETL: Having just successfully fought to have ETLscum lynched in Twin Trap, for exhibiting said behaviour, why
wouldn't
town-me see you exhibiting similar behaviour and draw a parallel? I know you're different people, but I've seen you as town be better than this. Instead, you're doing things for which my team just got somebody else dead as scum.
That's
individual and relevant to you. That you leap from zero to outrage here doesn't make sense to me.

On your claim:
I cannot understand how you have gone so long without giving me a straight answer on this (other than that there isn't a good one):
Why did you say "there's no way scum claims [Alquin]", even though I have argued clearly and concisely, on multiple occasions, that this is categorically not the case? Why, if you're town, do you not try to show me that I'm wrong to react this way to you by addressing my concerns? You're not an idiot. The statement doesn't make any sense, and the truth of that, coupled with your steadfast refusal to ever address the point, is a fundamental part of why I think you're lying about being Alquin.
#greenshirtthursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6179 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:12 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I don't have to respond to your bullshit because I am going to flip Alquin when your team kills me tonight and you're just going to look like a fool grasping at straws

and GO AHEAD and keep pushing one game of meta on a different player. it's not terrible and pathetic.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6180 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

guys

make sure you lynch the fuck out of CDB when I'm gone
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #6181 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:13 am

UT, as you said to me earlier in this game, this isn't personal. This is an honest read, rooted in my experience with you as a rational person whom I remember as being willing to talk to me about why I'm wrong when I'm wrong about you. I could yet be wrong on you (and don't think I'm not wondering about this, despite everything) but so far it's hard not to add everything up to me being right.

Anyway, I just wanted to say this to you primarily as a way to try to calm myself down before bed. Really looking forward to hanging out with you in a couple of weeks. You're great. Die scum die die suck.
#greenshirtthursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6182 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

okay CDB

I will respond to your points in a civil manner

sorry for being a dick

hold please
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6183 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Titus »

@CDB, I will try again. 6151 isn't about showing Gamma is town or how IT's case sucks. It just attacks the messenger. It also reads that you never considered UT bussing for cred. I don't think UT is, but you never considered it.

If UT is scum, that doesn't mean you ignore his case. Scum bussing is a thing, particularly on lynched that would not go through or are inevitable.

Your post merely attacks UT is scum therefore do not follow. The thing is if Singer makes an awesome case on her buddy, we should vote it.

I don't want to hear about UT scum. I want you to look at his case and tell me how IT's wrong and Gamma is town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #6184 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 am

Gamma's town in strict opposition to UT's case because the evolution of his UT read is totally legit, as I explained in 6151. Also, y'know, the other times when I've said why I think Gamma is town. UT's case has to change my mind on that, and it emphatically doesn't.
#greenshirtthursdays
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #6185 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 6150, Oversoul wrote:Sure. I thought I developed the Vezok read in substantially in my iso.
What are you curious about

Let me look back and I will revisit this.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6186 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

@CDB:
Re ETL: "you're better than this as town" is not a real argument, and you know it. You can pull examples of me being better than this as scum. My skill level/effort level being less than it has been in the past is completely alignment irrelevant. What's MORE LIKELY to be the thing causing what you consider to be a lackluster performance here is this bonkers setup and the fact that I basically rolled innocent child. It sort of saps my will to do anything when I know you can just pull an ace out of my back pocket.

Re Scum Claiming Alquin: I claimed it at literally the worst possible time for scum: the second lynch of an early day. It buys me EXACTLY one phase to live and would remove the ability of my teammates to counterclaim it later to possibly get the real Alquin lynched. Seriously, and I've made this point before, if I am alive at the beginning of the next day I NEED TO BE LYNCHED. Scum leaving me alive would be an extremely cute and bad play, so I'm willing to play around it. I'm macho, remember?

also, I'm extremely slippery. You know this. I'm good at avoiding a lynch. If I were scum I wouldn't have made a claim that absolutely ensured my lynch tomorrow if I'm alive. I don't make dumb ballsy swing-for-the-fences plays, I make smart plays. I would have tried to wring as many possible days alive as possible out of my fakeclaim. Alquin just is a terrible claim for scum if they intend to live past the immediately proceeding night.

also, I'm not an idiot so I wouldn't try to claim Alquin to get the real Alquin to come out of the woodwork. No one here is that dumb.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #6187 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:40 am

Fucking
finally
. Thanks for actually doing that. I'm not going to do much more than acknowledge it right now because I really do need to go to bed, and you're still not getting my vote on Gamma, but I'll go and sleep on this, think about it, let my team talk it out a bit, and we'll see. I mean, it's likely to be academic anyway but I'm not convinced that scum leaving you alive as town is as completely ridiculous an idea as you suggest that it is. My team and I have been talking about whether such a thing could happen and, if scum have the signs (as they probably do) to get in two kills Tonight then nigh-guarantee one of Tomorrow's two lynches is a mislynch on you, that seems mathematically good for them in that scenario. Is that not something that's come up in your team's PT if you're actually Alquin?
#greenshirtthursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6188 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

no my team has pretty ignored this game until the last couple of RL days

also I think it is for the best to eliminate me tonight because I'm a one-shot-one-kill-no-shenanigans situation

I'm assuming that the scum will make the smart play rather than the cute play
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6189 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm so damn conflicted
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6190 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oversoul

you know this lynch is so much better than a lurker wagon or dumb setup spec stuff
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6191 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

also 4NX

you are pretty likely going to be on the table if we can't get this Gamma wagon through, so you might want to hop onboard
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6192 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I'm sure there are other questions I missed but these seemed liked the important ones

nightchoices:

DV was unsure about who to trace n1, ceph suggested empire. n2 he mentioned something about maybe he was the one reading espe wrong and others were right, and something about if espe is actually lynchbait this game proving not viktor might help

flavour:
informed trace is called Scry

I'm obsessed with searching for the shadowy figure that appears in my crystalball.

sign change is Mist

something about clashing with other merchants of prophecy row causing poor vision for myself and others

2 people target (who targeted me btw, skimmed past it?):
I assume it's based on like natural action resolution, sign changes to last person in the order, e.g. detect obv happens before trace. If two actions of the same type prolly a coinflip.

tbh I think town is fucked
and I know I'm part of the reason it's fucked cause I didn't do enough to show that I am town. Feel like I was just starting to get my feet wet and now I'm drowning. Well whatevs if I'm lynched sorry about my crap play.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6193 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 6191, Untrod Tripod wrote:also 4NX

you are pretty likely going to be on the table if we can't get this Gamma wagon through, so you might want to hop onboard
i'll pop back in before deadline to switch to whoever

(tho i think gamma might be town and if he flips town and i just end up being bait again tomorrow then... blehh)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6194 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Oversoul »

My teammates have abandoned me in my time of need
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #6195 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 6192, 4nxi3ty wrote:I'm sure there are other questions I missed but these seemed liked the important ones

nightchoices:

DV was unsure about who to trace n1, ceph suggested empire. n2 he mentioned something about maybe he was the one reading espe wrong and others were right, and something about if espe is actually lynchbait this game proving not viktor might help

flavour:
informed trace is called Scry

I'm obsessed with searching for the shadowy figure that appears in my crystalball.

sign change is Mist

something about clashing with other merchants of prophecy row causing poor vision for myself and others

2 people target (who targeted me btw, skimmed past it?):
I assume it's based on like natural action resolution, sign changes to last person in the order, e.g. detect obv happens before trace. If two actions of the same type prolly a coinflip.

tbh I think town is fucked
and I know I'm part of the reason it's fucked cause I didn't do enough to show that I am town. Feel like I was just starting to get my feet wet and now I'm drowning. Well whatevs if I'm lynched sorry about my crap play.

Hey.

Hey.

Instead of speculating.

Why not ask the mod.

And confirm.

Unless there's nothing to confirm.

Die scum die.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #6196 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by singersigner »

I also like how Titus didn't really comment on the Gamma case, but just, like, you know, checked to see the interest in it, and then voted anyway hoping it would catch on cuz YAY MORE MISLYNCHES.

(oh wait but both Gamma and Aronis must be my scum buddies, right??)
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #6197 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Espeonage »

More on this, this evening.
Don't @ me.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6198 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I have a hard time seeing RNG playing a role in role mechanics.
I'm also probably being dumb for wanting to call 4nx scum because of that.

DVISO didn't really yield much.
4nxISO yielded less.

mastin or TTH should come in and like.. fix how much I don't know what I want to do right now.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6199 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I hate this game on so many levels

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”