Micro 474: Over the Garden Wall Mafia (GAME OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 11:07 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 323, Metal Sonic wrote:what do you think of doduo?

town?

I have some markers for what I look for in Marquis' scum game and I haven't been seeing them here, although I haven't thought anything specific they did was extremely town. notsci's posting so far is not telling either way (I have no intention of town reading him solely bc "engagement = town"). I still haven't minded their posts nor do I think "their read on me" is a good reason for scum reading them.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

pieguy I swear I have never seen 199 before lol
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

I don't know what to defend myself against because pretty much everything against me is pretty baseless

I have answered all your questions though pie <3
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

how should I show you I'm town? Show you my role pm? Give you a hug? Post sonic GIFs? what?
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

oopsies! haha!

Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Kagami »

Official Vote Count

Metal Sonic
(3): ActionDan, pieguyn, Doduo
Doduo
(2): Metal Sonic, Lia
Lia
(1): Honey bee
Alchemist21
(1): Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
(1): Alchemist21

Not Voting
(1):
SXTLHGaiden

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-05-19 07:01:02)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 7:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

show me what you've done this game that comes from a town mindset
explain how my posts are so great when if you're town I've been blatantly wrong all game
explain your read on Gaiden and why you went from him being "conftown" to him being possibly scum so quickly
etc.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Lol when the heck did I have gaiden as possible scum so quickly?? Pretty sure I'm townreading him the whole time
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

You are not wrong until you lynch me <3

There is always hope bae
oopsies! haha!

Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:51 am

Post by Lia »

In post 309, Doduo wrote:Please, do share with the class what you find townie about MS's latest posts.

I'm not townreading him. I'm still ok with lynching him but I just think you've got a higher chance of flipping scum than he has.

In post 325, pieguyn wrote:I have some markers for what I look for in Marquis' scum game and I haven't been seeing them here, although I haven't thought anything specific they did was extremely town. notsci's posting so far is not telling either way (I have no intention of town reading him solely bc "engagement = town"). I still haven't minded their posts nor do I think "their read on me" is a good reason for scum reading them.

Is there a way of telling which posts come from one and which from the other? I'm guessing the majority are ns but it's not clear.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 324, pieguyn wrote:
In post 231, Metal Sonic wrote:Specifically, 196 and 197

this response is interesting.

Spoiler:
In post 199, Endless Possibilities wrote:
In post 198, Bookitty wrote:I did that. I didn't glean a lot from it, because it's pretty obviously one of the first games he played here. It's pretty jam-packed with newbie questions or questions intended to look newbie, which I agree is not the same situation as in this game.

Soren claims he has over 40 games completed. I don't think that's what he was going for there; I think he was just asking as much stuff as he could to look busy and not realizing nothing he was asking had any town motivation.

In post 198, Bookitty wrote:@Endless Possibilities: Do you think that Soren is typically pretty wishy-washy on his own opinions or generally easily led? Do you have experience of him as town in a completed game? I read this:

Mini 1650: Greatest Idea Mafia

and Soren seemed a lot more forceful in that as town. His questions were much more pointed toward alignment and less busy-seeming. I don't see much other meta, but if you have it, I'll read it.

mm, I looked through this and the first thing I noticed is that in that game, he wasn't following closely at the start of the game (he says this in 268). it's usually easier to step back and take a fully objective view of the game when you already have a body of work of content to go off of, as opposed to seeing everything unfold firsthand.

also in that game, his opening (and his play in general) hardly consisted of any questions, as opposed to him primarily commenting on stuff. it's possible he just took a different approach here, or is having an off game

there's also some other things that I think might be different but haven't looked into it yet: for example, it's possible a lot of people were acting obviously scummy/town in that game, compared to this game which is rather slow (with at least 3 people having practically no content at all). I suppose what I'm saying here is that I don't find a lack of strong scum reads scummy, given my 2nd strongest scum read is fucking Anti just for not doing anything at all besides one somewhat-off-looking push.

besides that, I don't have any experience with town Soren, but I think the differences from his ISO here to the ISO in his scum game are a lot greater than the differences from his ISOs here/this game. I usually don't agree with calling someone scum because of minor differences to their town game, in no small part because I used to (and still am, to some extent) be known for being extremely obvious town as town and I would have that pushed on me a lot whenever I did so much as one thing that was different from any of my town games. this is moreso my method of reading people so make of it what you will.

In post 198, Bookitty wrote:I didn't like this because Antihero hasn't actually posted much in this game. No one has explained their vote on him very well. His vote is on LucianRoy, whom Soren was voting earlier for "meta" reasons that apparently both of them now agree were not very strong. LucianRoy is clearly not immune to OMGUS since he is scumreading two people currently on his wagon and one who was; it seems a little out of place for him to resolutely resist the same OMGUS urge where Soren is concerned.

I'm still not particularly seeing why this is scummy, explicitly because Anti hasn't posted much. it makes sense to poke at a lurker in order to get them to do shit. there were better questions he could have asked, but I could easily enough see it coming from town.

LR had also declared a town read on me after I started pushing on him (although I never voted him) so I'm not sure what to make of the second point. either way, I don't really think it makes sense as a scum strategy to OMGUS every town player who pressures you, so I don't think it makes sense him not OMGUS'ing Soren would be indicative of Soren scum, either.

In post 198, Bookitty wrote:This was interesting because I was voting LucianRoy at the time. It's like Soren is only interested in asking questions among the people who were voting LucianRoy. Soren also says he just wanted to see what I would say -- again, not owning the suspicion that is pretty clear in the question imo.

It's not just the questions for me, though I watch for that more since Farside pointed out it is one of her scumhunting tools. (Yes, I shamelessly borrow from other players.) Soren hasn't had any strong views -- in fact, he sheeped me onto LucianRoy and then immediately backed off his own vote without unvoting.

IMO a lack of strong stances isn't particularly scummy. it's either indicative of scum who don't want to fake reads, or town who legitimately don't have any reads and don't see it fit to pretend like they have reads that they really don't. what I find scummy is when people act like they have strong stances, but then don't actually do anything to follow through with them (ex. Aris WK'ing a lot of people who are under pressure but not doing anything to explain why).

in Soren's case, I think it's plausible enough he just doesn't have any strong reads yet. he's either scum who made a push and then didn't feel like continuing with it, or he's town telling the truth about not having a strong read on you and backed off for exactly the reason he said - that he asked the question to see what you would say as opposed to feeling strongly you were scum. either way, I don't think it's inconsistent.

one thing that I noticed when I played with him as scum was that there were basically no stances *at all*, which is kind of similar. I suppose it's not too unreasonable he's stepped up his game as scum to some extent and is more capable of taking stances but is not yet comfortable faking the strong pushes he made in his town game. however, I still think there's more stuff that points to him being town.

^ this was a post FROM MY LATEST TOWN GAME WITH MS. he was in THIS HYDRA with me for this game.

his angle here is that he's paranoid of me bc I'm supposedly making long/effortful posts early in the game. this is blatantly disingenuous. while long posts are not a tell either way for me, he has directly seen that it's something I do as town and that I'm more than capable of walling early game if I want to elaborate on or deconstruct posts in depth.

so him thinking I might be scum for it doesn't make any sense. I think he's going for a fake paranoia angle here, as in he pretends to be paranoid of someone bc ppl will hopefully see it and think something along the lines of "look at that paranoia, so town".

I'm aware this is supposedly just paranoia, but regardless, it doesn't make sense from a town POV. he knows it's not a scum tell yet supposedly is pushing it as one anyway.

In post 312, Alchemist21 wrote:If there's any indication he's scum from the way he's reacting to pie's posts, it's that it's easy to call Town Town and he knows this, and he's being pretty liberal with handing out the confTown statuses.

except this isn't what he's doing. what he's doing is calling me town, but then going back and saying he's paranoid of me for supposedly making long posts. that isn't committing to a town read on me.

rather than an actual town reaction - such as deconstructing my posts and trying to show me why he's not scum (which in this case is something I think he should be particularly likely to do here bc we have a pretty long history with each other), or committing to a firm read on me either way - we're seeing him do the "fake paranoia and start second guessing myself" routine.

How often has MS seen you make long posts as Town? If that was the only time I could see him forgetting you could do that.

On the other hand, what he's doing with his Townread on you sounds like what he's doing with his Nacho read too.

On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that

A) Nacho is Town?

B) MS is scum?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

sooooo
what's up?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 331, pieguyn wrote:show me what you've done this game that comes from a town mindset

literally everything probably
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 336, SXTLHGaiden wrote:sooooo
what's up?

天使!!!
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

pieguy why are you beginning to misrep me
oopsies! haha!

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 332, Metal Sonic wrote:Lol when the heck did I have gaiden as possible scum so quickly?? Pretty sure I'm townreading him the whole time

In post 174, Metal Sonic wrote:true on that fact, i remember gaiden as the most useless lurker around

maybe he jus got a good role

this seemed to imply you were open to the possibility of Gaiden being scum. I'm asking how this makes sense when you had just said he was "conftown" - it felt more like you were just agreeing for the sake of it as opposed to actually believing it

In post 333, Metal Sonic wrote:You are not wrong until you lynch me <3

There is always hope bae

even if I suddenly start thinking you're town, how does that change the fact that all my posting *up to* that point would have been blatantly wrong?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 337, Metal Sonic wrote:literally everything probably

this doesn't answer my question :/

as I said, I'm not just asking this for no reason
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 334, Lia wrote:Is there a way of telling which posts come from one and which from the other? I'm guessing the majority are ns but it's not clear.

marquis uses all lowercase (except for ALLCAPS)
there are some exceptions to this but you can usually tell based on the timestamps

In post 335, Alchemist21 wrote:How often has MS seen you make long posts as Town? If that was the only time I could see him forgetting you could do that.

On the other hand, what he's doing with his Townread on you sounds like what he's doing with his Nacho read too.

On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that

A) Nacho is Town?

B) MS is scum?

I'm fairly sure he knows that I usually put effort into games as town and can write extremely long posts when I want to deconstruct/respond to posts in-depth. I'm not sure if there was another instance where I specifically wrote a long post that early in the game, but due to the first sentence I would assume he would know it's not out of place for me.

I don't really like ranking ppl based on numbers like that , but if I had to answer: 9 for Nacho-town (the only thing giving me pause is that he keeps going inactive, but he does this as town and what he did while he *was* here was strongly town enough that I don't really have a problem with it), 8 or so for MS-scum (bc he's blatantly BS'ing here. the only thing giving me pause here is, as you said, the possibility that he is actually this much of a derp and went amnesic recently - but while he can be a derp as town, it's never this fucking ridiculous).
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

ok that is a terrible score

I had. No idea
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

now that I am out of that Marquis large theme

I will pay attention to this game

But more importantly that chunk of homework I left aside because of mafia
oopsies! haha!

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 339, Metal Sonic wrote:pieguy why are you beginning to misrep me

Where is Pie beginning to misrep you? I don't see it at all.

Do know that I still prefer my Nacho vote, but I think pie makes some good points and I will lynch you if deadline requires it (which is 19 hours after I'm typing this post).
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Holy shit, deadline is 19 hours? time passes fast. I was taking 3 hours to write 1/4 of that report that i need to submit by next week.

ok, i am town, i am going to take just half an hour to deconstruct pie's posts as he wishes then just let me be pls

i need a watcher on me if i survive the day
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

fuck, its 12 mn

maybe 15 minutes
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:19 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 55, pieguyn wrote:
In post 54, Metal Sonic wrote:ok so pieguy is my first townread

anyone else?

what have I done so far this game that I would be less likely to do as scum?

Dude, I don't know how you play as scum. If I do, it was veeeeery long ago, and I vaguely remember you suck as scum. I've only seen your towngames and I haven't played much with you recently (I was flaking in the taylor swift game and you know it; you caught AH and I caught Ika, but apart from spot-on reads I didn't do much)

In post 73, SXTLHGaiden wrote:I am actually quite paranoid of pie after i played against him as scum.
he is quite terrifying when he knows the flavor.

This comment here made me pretty nervous because then I will have to calibrate my scumhunting sense appropriately. A recent game (Twin Trap) showed me my scumhunting folly when I applied too high a standard for a player's scumgame that was utterly weak -- I overestimated his scumgame. If I underestimate your scumgame, it won't be great either.

In post 123, pieguyn wrote:Doduo's opinion of MS basically sums up where I'm at.

I don't see any kind of town approach in the way MS is playing this game so far. all of his reads have felt half-hearted - as if he's just making them up - and it feels like he's just posting a fuckton of stuff to look useful without actually putting any thought into the game. in my experience with MS, even his town reads have more to them and are more relevant to what people are actually doing than "xxx is cute".

This is baseless. Have you actually not seen me give the reason for townreading someone as "xxx is cute" before? Because it is a valid reason and you know it. Besides, I can hardly see you disagreeing with the Honey Bee read, his posts have come from a town mindset and are attempting to figure out the game. It's a shame that you are unable to detect the nuance in his posts.

In post 125, pieguyn wrote:how does "doduo wasn't in my game" make him scum? even discounting the fact it was possible (given you knew Marquis was in another game) he was following along with the other team mafia games - why, specifically, do you think him referencing the game you were in is more likely to come from scum than town?

Because I thought that he was lying. I was duly corrected when I figured out which game he was referring to, and even though town-marquis has every right to fear my scumgame, I don't see them approaching from a town mindset. They aren't trying to get a read on me or interact with me, instead they are trolling on a level even greater than I am (I'm not even trolling, or at least I don't consider myself to be doing so at this stage). If you do a quick ISO on them, you can't see any of their attempt to figure out the game, no townreads, only 1 <implicit> scumread "MS is scum" -- why? Not explained.

In post 127, pieguyn wrote:*why* is Bee obvtown and can you walk me through the Doduo read?

I'm not just asking you these questions for no reason.

Of course, I understand. You're attempting to get a read on me and to understand my thought process. Now take a look at what Doduo has been doing, can you say that they have been trying to do the same?

In post 140, pieguyn wrote:I'm looking through it again and I still have no idea what you're seeing here. I think his read on you is a really shit reason for scum reading him (I'm aware you have a lot of experience with each other, but I'm pretty sure I've read you right in every game we've had (?) - so I don't have a problem with him scum reading you for the same reason), and I don't mind the rest of his posts, either.

needless to say this doesn't make him town, but if I scum read him it will likely be for other reasons

Well, it's not so much the read on me rather than the LACK OF READ on anybody else. They're scumtunnelling so as to avoid providing opinions on other players in the game. That's what I think.

In post 340, pieguyn wrote:this seemed to imply you were open to the possibility of Gaiden being scum. I'm asking how this makes sense when you had just said he was "conftown" - it felt more like you were just agreeing for the sake of it as opposed to actually believing it

That's misrepresentative. Alchemist stated an observation about Gaiden and I corroborated it. I'm not sure how you inferred that it amounted to a scumread on him, especially when I've posted my reads list like 3 times in the game already.

Also, please don't be serious that you took my "gaiden conftown" thing literally. I mean, I've made the point, but seriously?

In post 340, pieguyn wrote:even if I suddenly start thinking you're town, how does that change the fact that all my posting *up to* that point would have been blatantly wrong?

It's fine to be wrong if you're being obvtown in the process :)

In post 342, pieguyn wrote:8 or so for MS-scum (bc he's blatantly BS'ing here. the only thing giving me pause here is, as you said, the possibility that he is actually this much of a derp and went amnesic recently - but while he can be a derp as town, it's never this fucking ridiculous).

I did get
amnesic
more derpy recently; lack of sleep and the stress of unfinished homework that was procrastinated from a lost Team Mafia. However, though that is a fact, I can't believe that you think that my play has been remotely ridiculous, I think I've been playing OK from my own standards. Not as good a game as Team Mafia, but better than a couple.
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 342, pieguyn wrote:marquis uses all lowercase (except for ALLCAPS)

Is this a fact? Because I disagree, I've seen him use uppercase more often, and when he goes supreme modding mode, his grammar is perfect. I have the belief that notty is the one using nocaps. They'd normally sign with squawk and quack, but I don't know why they aren't doing that here.

Tinfoil theory says that they are trying to obfuscate their posts from whichever heads.
oopsies! haha!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”