THE WRONG WAGON
THE WRONG WAGON
Goon
THE WRONG WAGON
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by THE WRONG WAGON »

I wasn't liking the whole 'get off my ship' sets of posts. Something felt off about it, but D2 I was feeling that he could be town so that read changed a bit.

~WS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2282, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2270, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:Lots of votes on us but no real reasonings to dig into and have fun rebutting

So, you are claimng that you are town, if you believe that there's a current bandwagon on you with no or little reason I am confused as to why you aren't yelling and screaming about scum opportunistically hoping on you.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2276, Nikanor wrote:I hope WS is sthar8. It'd give me so much pleasure to lynch his whiny spoiled ass.

Can we not talk shit about people who AREN'T EVEN IN THE GAME?

In post 2282, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2270, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:Lots of votes on us but no real reasonings to dig into and have fun rebutting

So, you are claimng that you are town, if you believe that there's a current bandwagon on you with no or little reason I am confused as to why you aren't yelling and screaming about scum opportunistically hoping on you.

That's what you would be doing. Hell, thats what I might be doing. Its silly to expect this behavior from everybody though and even then I'd say something like this is pretty alignment neutral most of the time.

In post 2285, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 2096, sangres wrote:
In post 2093, Nero Cain wrote:not to me, he had a town read on Kitty, Kitty got screened and he said it was a waste. I'm not seeing whats so scummy.

You're coming very close to getting directly into my line of questioning. I'd like for you to not do that for a bit plz.

why was that? if you were suspicious of his quote, why put it off?

I'm not seeing it. I read that Sangres post and it reminded me how town they are and you are here doubtcasting their intentions. Sorry, but I don't get it. Still mott though since they are getting screened.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

moot*
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I might be ok with lynching LLD I guess. My read on her isn't something I feel strongly about. Enough people think shes scummy + her awful push on me is pretty good reason.

Sangres, where are you guys with LLD read? I see you have her as light-town, but you haven't really talked about her.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2302, AngryPidgeon wrote:That's what you would be doing. Hell, thats what I might be doing. Its silly to expect this behavior from everybody though and even then I'd say something like this is pretty alignment neutral most of the time.

I'd expect this of most town, but then again, I have pretty high standards and most players are like "fuck playing pro-town". She IS calling for my head, which is super odd b/c Mala knows this is town Nero.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ValiliaRei
ValiliaRei
Goon
ValiliaRei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by ValiliaRei »

Would mafia be given so many investigative roles? RoleCop, Protective Tracker, Watcher? I think it's unlikely.

@NAA
- Why did you assume that I protected somebody last night before I even said I visited Toogeloo?

I don't think there are any benefits to me full-claiming what abilit(y/ies) I have left.

In post 2219, ValiliaRei wrote:@RIP - Why won't you explain any of your reads? I also want you to explain why your read on me seems to jump all over the place.

In post 2219, ValiliaRei wrote:@TWL - Which post of mine exactly did you get a gut scumread on? Can you show any posts from ooba that gave you your gut townread on him? Why did you think Brian was doing a fake guilty thing until he full claimed?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 2306, ValiliaRei wrote:Would mafia be given so many investigative roles? RoleCop, Protective Tracker, Watcher? I think it's unlikely.

I agree.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 2034, Bookitty wrote:We'll agree to disagree, but I think Andrius could wait anyway. I think he's town.

I'll join you on the Sangres thing at least for now:

screen: Sangres

Inadvertent Mountainous.

I am trying to work out if Peacebringer being scum could possibly work. I don't think a backup without a primary is, but the whole headsix thing kinds is already. (Hence feeling sorry for PB) I dont see PB being scum either.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:13 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2160, Toogeloo wrote:Once the screen is decided, I will be voting for either LLD or Snow personally.

I continue to believe that LLD's a bad lynch.
I don't see what the case on her is beside "she lurks, she lurks" and that doesn't excite/impress/make me feel like a woman.

In post 2164, Nero Cain wrote:I don't eat people bro though I do eats pigs and chickens and the occasional cow. If you eat people for lunch then that's your thing.

ok nero thank you for this

In post 2252, Bookitty wrote:CKD, what's your read on NotAnAxehole right now? You've probably been watching him closer than anyone.

He seems town as shit.
Do you disagree?

In post 2290, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 2168, AngryPidgeon wrote:Sangres, I'm getting cold feet about this lynch.

but then again I don't feel very strongly about any lynch right now other than a vague distaste for the popular options.

i would be wary of sangres if i were you....

that sounds weird and daunting and all... but i don't mean for it to come across that way.

just that i don't trust their push on snowstorm (over a word, and over some flavour stuff).
i'm not sure where your strong townread is coming from

This is strange considering the whole we're in the process of being screened thing. I really wouldn't call my side of the SnowStorm push "some flavor stuff". I don't think ffery would call her side of the SnowStorm push a word. Why do you think SS is town?

In post 2304, AngryPidgeon wrote:Sangres, where are you guys with LLD read? I see you have her as light-town, but you haven't really talked about her.

I don't think this is how she approaches a scum game. Her scum games have more posturing, more effort into maintaining an image, more attempts at driving mislynches. This is most definitely and obviously not that, for example, the push on you is
really
not something I can see LLD doing as scum.

The reasons people want to lynch her are basically because she lurked and that's a terrible reason to lynch someone when that's actually just all you have.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:30 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

sangres, I understand your stance on the LLD lynch (you perceive the only case on her is that she is lurking). Do you have a meta on how she plays as scum? If she is scum, wouldnt her play be benefiting her for just THIS reason. People are going to rail against a lurking case. But lets take her lurking out of the picture for a second.

has she done anything town? scum hunt? what about her votes and timing of her votes? Sell me on why you think she is town....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:45 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2310, curiouskarmadog wrote:sangres, I understand your stance on the LLD lynch (you perceive the only case on her is that she is lurking). Do you have a meta on how she plays as scum? If she is scum, wouldnt her play be benefiting her for just THIS reason. People are going to rail against a lurking case. But lets take her lurking out of the picture for a second.

I do have meta on how she plays as scum. The Team Mafia Mod Error game is a great example of why she isn't scum here.

It doesn't benefit strong scum players to just lurk for no reason. If you have the capability to post and the willingness to post, then there's very very rarely a reason why you don't post because lurking will always get you more enemies than it will friends or even people who feel "meh" on you. Your scumbuddies can't defend you because there's nothing to defend. Townies will always compromise on you because they can't see a town mindset from your posts.

LLD understands this. She enjoys playing scum. This is not how you approach a game when you understand this and you enjoy playing scum.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:47 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2310, curiouskarmadog wrote:has she done anything town? scum hunt? what about her votes and timing of her votes? Sell me on why you think she is town....

This requires time that I don't currently have, but will get to it tomorrow.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:32 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2306, ValiliaRei wrote:Would mafia be given so many investigative roles? RoleCop, Protective Tracker, Watcher? I think it's unlikely.

@NAA
- Why did you assume that I protected somebody last night before I even said I visited Toogeloo?

I don't think there are any benefits to me full-claiming what abilit(y/ies) I have left.

In post 2219, ValiliaRei wrote:@RIP - Why won't you explain any of your reads? I also want you to explain why your read on me seems to jump all over the place.

In post 2219, ValiliaRei wrote:@TWL - Which post of mine exactly did you get a gut scumread on? Can you show any posts from ooba that gave you your gut townread on him? Why did you think Brian was doing a fake guilty thing until he full claimed?

JOAT generally have a 1-shot doctor.

When you came up voteless, I immediately assumed you either blocked someone or got blocked. But I figured if you got blocked, someone would have claimed. So, I know for sure you're town and for sure you used some kind of ability. The rest of my thought process is pretty self-explanatory.
This team is ruining my life!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nacho, your case on LLD is essentially that no effort = town. I'm the kind of player you are describing LLD as and I'm not immune to lurking as scum.. it happens.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:31 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I think SS is town and believe me when I say that comes with having seen what you are saying about him feeling different and a general dagger of paranoia. LLD looks like the best viable lynch option to me right now. I certainly prefer her to the wrong lynch slot.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:19 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Is it possible that Ooba tracked Tammy and/or ValliliaRei night 1?
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:26 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2300, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:I wasn't liking the whole 'get off my ship' sets of posts. Something felt off about it, but D2 I was feeling that he could be town so that read changed a bit.

~WS

I have to agree that Andrius' posts day 1 felt pretty disingenuous.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:28 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I don't think either LLD or TWL are optimal lynches today, I will have to review the thread a bit to form some ideas on who could be scum. I think we have to accept given 2 scum are dead and 2 town, that we have a very high chance of hitting town regardless of our reads and who we target.

If it came down to one of them, LLD is a better lynch than TWL.

I will look into it more after work.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2311, sangres wrote:I do have meta on how she plays as scum.
I have meta on how she plays as town, and this isn't it either.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2311, sangres wrote:I do have meta on how she plays as scum.
I have meta on how she plays as town, and this isn't it either.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2316, NotAnAxehole wrote:Is it possible that Ooba tracked Tammy and/or ValliliaRei night 1?
ooba would have tracked Tammy. A tracker doesn't follow one target to another target and get subsequently watched themselves.

However, it makes no sense to track a player that you were going to kill anyways.

It's more likely that all the scum have Power Roles, so they can use their abilities and still submit a kill too. Chances are that ooba either didn't track and submitted the kill, or tracked someone else and committed murder on our poor Tammy.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

And if we are going for true speculation of game... I think it might be more likely that an actual protection role, like a Doctor, protected Brian Skies last night and the Scum Kill targeted him.

Brian is the key to catching another scum if I ever get murdered, therefore, he would need to be killed first. A smart doctor would actually protect him before me.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

And if we are going for true speculation of game... I think it might be more likely that an actual protection role, like a Doctor, protected Brian Skies last night and the Scum Kill targeted him.

Brian is the key to catching another scum if I ever get murdered, therefore, he would need to be killed first. A smart doctor would actually protect him before me.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Toogeloo »

holy effing sextupal (septupal if this post doubles) posting. This site needs a post flood prevention for accidental resubmits of posts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”