Micro 475: Instant Lylo Mafia!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Prodding BRantz
2023 W/L | 1-0
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by BRantz »

Sorry everybody, was away at a wedding yesterday into today, will catch up and post tomorrow morning.
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by KittenLicks »

In post 20, enomis wrote:Hmm, I guess i see what u mean. But i don't think that cat's post was a towntell. I could totally see cat doing that as scum.

Quick question, is 'cat' referring to me?

I do not support an SW town read, I'm actually leaning more on a slight scumread.

In post 22, SilverWolf wrote:All I know for sure is I'm town and I think kittenlicks might be and if I can figure out the third, I've got it made here. Brantz needs to post.

I have posted 2 posts and that is enough information for you to write me off as town? This feels more like an early attempt to pocket a bad/new player than anything. Also, you went from "slightly townish" to "knowing I am town" without me actually posting anything inbetween. o.O If I was scum I'm sure I could fake town in
2 posts.

Enomis' reaction to SW's insta-read seemed towny to me.

@Jeanne Why do you townread SW?

@BRantz How was the wedding? :3
Also, what do you think of SW?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I said I think you might be. I said it was gut. It wasn't an insta town read. I have no clue what type of player you are. It was just a general read of your posts so far. Way to exaggerate things and scumpaint me right away.

Are you trying to lynch me already based on that?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Nope, I re-read and I never said I know you are town. You majorly misrepped me in several ways with your response which is over the top. You don't seem like you are approaching this in a town lylo be careful type manner but more of a type of manner rushing a scumread and trying to get everyone on your side to get me lynched right away. You think enomis is towny-he's probably your partner if you are scum.

And why immediately try to get Jeanne and BRantz to help you scumread me? Your quick reaction to me here is not making me feel good about you any further. I don't see you even trying to sort alignments so you don't lynch wrong.

Boy was I wrong about you.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by KittenLicks »

In all honesty, I think I mixed you up with Jeanne when I made that "knowing they are town" quote. It was them that said:

Jeanne11 wrote:@SW Well, the only thing I can say for sure is that you [SW] are town and that I am town.

My apologies.

What I meant by "insta-read" was what you said about wanting to find the third town player, implying you had 2 already. I know nothing of you either, but if you can honestly solve the game that quickly I'd be very surprised.

Not at all. I'm not trying to lynch anyone as of yet. I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I said you were insta-reading people then replied with an insta-scumread on you.

And again, I'm not trying to request anyone scumread anyone else. I'm merely asking Jeanne to explain their read and trying to get BRantz to participate.

I'm glad you responded like that, now I just need to figure out if it was a town or scum response.
SW: Are you usually townread or scumread by others early in the game?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Because if I can get a sort of town read on a third player, then the chances are higher that one of the other 2 are scum and we only have to lynch one of them. I'm basically trying to crowd out the scum in a way by figuring out who is town first rather than who is scum. I can't see a better way to do this but if you have one, I'd like to hear it.

I was just surprised you wanted to scumread me right away without knowing anything or saying anything at least about Jeanne or BRantz. Jeanne saying she knows I am town doesn't sit well with me either which is why I didn't return the townread.

As far as being scumread early game as town, yep that has happened more often than not. Especially if I'm in a game with people who haven't played with me before. Usually that gets a lot better the longer I am in the game.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:09 am

Post by BRantz »

The wedding was great thanks!

SW looks somewhat town to me, but mostly because he has posted more than anyone else, and I agree that lurking is a great way to try and slide through this game for scum. Enomis can be a light town read for now as well for trying to start discussion.

@Kitten: What are your thoughts on players besides SW?

@Jeanne: How do you know SW is town? What are your thoughts on the rest of us?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:05 am

Post by enomis »

In post 28, SilverWolf wrote:I said I think you might be. I said it was gut. It wasn't an insta town read. I have no clue what type of player you are. It was just a general read of your posts so far. Way to exaggerate things and scumpaint me right away.

It's post like this that screams over-defensiveness. I know it's weird to ask you this but do you usually play over-defensively? I don't really have the mood to meta you now.

And your post 29 is reaching bro. She asking other people for reads on you = try to get them to scumread you?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 11:07 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I'm a she and yeah, I'm not going to self meta. I felt like she came into the thread singling me out for a scumread and trying to get Jeanne (who she shouldn't know the alignment of) and BRantz (who hadn't even posted yet) to join her in scumreading me. It's not reaching. It's how her posting made me feel when I read it. I think the fact that you two appear to be somewhat working together (you defending her and her townreading you, both of you singling me out while ignoring others) is a valid observation in a set-up where scum have daytalk and are likely to coordinate. The fact that both of you are asking me self meta questions is another sign you are possibly communicating with each other. I have zero information to go on besides what is in this thread but I am going to make note of what I see when I see it. That said, I don't like Jeanne's lurking and quick townread (buddying) of me either and I'm leaning scum there which means I could just be being paranoid about the two of you. BRantz is null so far. I have zero townreads which sucks.
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by KittenLicks »

In post 32, BRantz wrote:
@Kitten: What are your thoughts on players besides SW?

Enomis I read as town, their thoughts on SW are the exact same thoughts I had, which come from a town perspective. Jeanne is either lurker-town or lurker scum that knows we cannot afford to policy-lynch a lurker. Hard to read that. You, Brantz, I'm fairly iffy on for various reasons.

Scum teams I can see:

SW-Brantz or SW-Jeanne
If SW is town it would have to be either Enomis-Jeanne or Brantz-Jeanne, neither of which sit well with me. Neither does Enomis-Brantz.

The fact that both of you are asking me self meta questions is another sign you are possibly communicating with each other.

Imagine a situation where both Enomis and I are scum and have daytalk. Your are implying that we went into our daychat thread and decided we should both question you about slightly different parts of your meta. How does that help us?

I asked you a meta question because I want to know how to read your reaction to a simple scum-lean. I was a little torn between 'outraged at being called scum because you are town' and 'panicked because you are scum'. That was why I asked you if you are usually scumread early game, thinking that if you are usually townread it may explain your overdefensiveness at being scumread for a change. I don't know whether that answer is true or not, but you gave the answer that not only didn't explain your overdefensiveness but also conveniently explained why you were getting scumread.

Enomis asked a similar question, though less subtly, which is why I felt it came from a similar mindset.

It is still possible you are town though, so I'll ask you directly, SW, why did you get so overdefensive from a simple scum-lean?

I do not support an SW town read, I'm actually leaning more on a slight scumread.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I don't even care any more. If you lynch me, I'll flip VT and town will lose. The fact that I put an effort here when BRantz and Jeanne have said nothing and you have seemed determined to paint me as scum from the start and twist everything I say as scum is something I just don't even care to deal with. I gave you an honest answer to how I get read in games and you paint that as scum. I'm done with this. I hate being scumread for stupid shit by players who can't read me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Please feel free to paint that as AtE and call me scum for it and call me defensive and stupidly say that's a scumtell. I know you will anyway. You've made zero effort to work with me and I don't see town winning a game where the players are playing like this.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:03 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 35, KittenLicks wrote:
SW-Brantz or SW-Jeanne
If SW is town it would have to be either Enomis-Jeanne or Brantz-Jeanne, neither of which sit well with me. Neither does Enomis-Brantz.

Have you ever considered Jeanne/BRantz?

Nope, you haven't even listed them. The fact that you can see me as scum with Jeanne or BRantz is ridiculous. Do you have a reason for that at all?

You are townclearing enomis way too quickly.

How long have you been playing mafia?

Are you scum?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Meh, you listed BRantz Jeanne I guess. I'm very tired and missed that. Why on Earth doesn't that sit well with you? You don't think scum is going to lurk this one out for the win?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:07 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Anyway, I don't even know what else to say here. I don't care for this set-up. It's very scum-sided because they have daytalk and we have zero info. to go on and dumb town is throwing the game or smart scum is taking advantage of lurk town is going to frustrate me to now end.

So, don't expect much more from me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 am

Post by SilverWolf »

BTW-If you are town calling someone town for saying things you are thinking, then I don't know what to tell you. Scum isn't going to be disagreeable in a set-up where they have to do very little to win.

The fact that you aren't even really looking at BRantz or Jeanne is insane to me.

I want some town players I can work with here, not ones who think defensiveness is a scum indicator.

*sign*
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:42 am

Post by KittenLicks »

Wow, Silver... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you away from the game. o.o

If you are scum faking that, whatever, but I genuinely feel really awful that I've discouraged you from continuing.

I don't care for this set-up. It's very scum-sided because they have daytalk and we have zero info. to go on and dumb town is throwing the game or smart scum is taking advantage of lurk town is going to frustrate me to now end.

Mathematically it is fair, seeing as if you are town you have a 50% chance of voting correctly. Though even if you do it is then another 50% chance for the rest of town to choose to vote for the other person over you. Honestly, my heart's now just not in the game anymore, and I'd take that 50% chance right now if it wouldn't be hugely disrespectful to the mod and the rest of you that want to play.

How long have you been playing mafia?

This is my first/second game outside of two newbies, though I've been playing on EpicMafia and other chat-mafia places for much longer.

Are you scum?

No. I'm also a little hurt that you called me dumb-town and I don't usually approve of name-calling of other players.

Meh, you listed BRantz Jeanne I guess. I'm very tired and missed that. Why on Earth doesn't that sit well with you? You don't think scum is going to lurk this one out for the win?

If Jeanne is scum they are a wildcard that could be with anyone, seeing as they are lurking. I cannot read their lurking either way. Brantz is my second scumread, which was why I suggested a you-Brantz pairing. Enomis is my most town read. Brantz-Jeanne doesn't sit well with me simply because it is a wildcard paired with my second highest scumread. It is definitely possible and I did consider it, but I felt that you and Brantz was more likely.

Nobody is cleared. Nobody is confirmed. We are on like day 3 or something, the game is far from over and I don't pretend to have solved it. The way you are speaking makes it sound like you are about to be lynched.

The fact that you aren't even really looking at BRantz or Jeanne is insane to me.

We are 3 days in. Can I not look at one person at a time?

I want some town players I can work with here, not ones who think defensiveness is a scum indicator.

I apologize for not being a town player you can work with. If you are town and honestly believe I am that awful of a player, I would be willing to replace out.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:13 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Ugh-KIttenLicks, I apologize.

dumbtown is a term I used to describe town that isn't making smart decisions and I am including myself in that because I'm talking about town as a whole this game

I do not think you are a bad player because I don't know you as a player. That was unfair of me to imply and I am sorry about that. I'm usually not this crabby in games and the last thing I want to do is give it to scum by discouraging other players from wanting to play.

What really got to me is I gave you an honest answer about how I get scumread in early game as town usually by people who don't know me and you said I gave you the one answer that would explain my behavior which to me, made me feel like I was in a no-win situation where no matter what I say, it's wrong or scum in this case. You have to admit you and enomis have been implying that with your posts so far.

It would be a fantastic scum strategy to pick out one person and scumpaint every move they make to get a mislynch. That's what it felt like either you or enomis was doing because you seemed to be singling me out.

I do not feel like anyone has been under scrutiny but me.

I feel like you are townclearing enomis (who may or may not be town) because he's thinking like you when I feel like scum would not try to cause waves here.

Anyway, No I don't want you to replace out.

I'm tired and shouldn't of posted until I woke up some.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:15 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Anyway, KittenLicks is likely town here due to her response to my frustration. enomis MAY be town but Jeanne and BRantz are wildcards so I don't know.

I think if one of more people lurk and don't post, town isn't going to win. That's another reason I don't feel like putting much effort in here.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:37 am

Post by SilverWolf »

KittenLicks-Explain your scumread on BRantz. Is it PoE or something else? I'm null on him and Jeanne completely.
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:12 am

Post by KittenLicks »

In post 44, SilverWolf wrote:I think if one of more people lurk and don't post, town isn't going to win. That's another reason I don't feel like putting much effort in here.

Well, yeah, I mean, if a single townie does not vote we auto-lose.

SilverWolf wrote:KittenLicks-Explain your scumread on BRantz. Is it PoE or something else? I'm null on him and Jeanne completely.

It was PoE combined with their townread on you, making me think you could be partners. It was a bit more likely than You-Jeanne anyway.

I'm back to square one now though, pretty sure you are town. If you are scum and faked that frustration I'd really see it as incredibly underhanded.

Just a random side note:
If Jeanne is scum I feel bad for Brantz/Enomis. Daytalk must be absolutely barren.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:42 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 46, KittenLicks wrote:
In post 44, SilverWolf wrote:I think if one of more people lurk and don't post, town isn't going to win. That's another reason I don't feel like putting much effort in here.

Well, yeah, I mean, if a single townie does not vote we auto-lose.

What I mean is people like BRantz and Jeanne making it to lylo as town can very easily lose the game for town because they can't be read easy. As scum, it's a strategy that might work here if we let it.

enomis ISO doesn't look like something scum couldn't do, Jeanne's one post is worthless, and BRantz agreeing lurking is scummy but continues to lurk

I feel o.k. with KittenLicks townread or enough of one not to lynch there but I need to figure out who is at least one scum of the other 3 and I need to see more posts because there is nothing else to go by as this game is instant lylo which, quite frankly, is a losing think for town IMO.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 8:25 am

Post by BRantz »

Sorry I have a life and can't be here at your beck and call, every minute of every day? I caught up, was around for a while and nothing was happening. Singling me out when the only people who have been posting in the roughly 24 hours since my last post are you and Kitten is extremely disingenuous.

Whats up Kitten? Talk to me, ask me questions, do something to try and sort me instead of just saying "oh he must be scum." That kind of lazy shit is exactly what will lose this game.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 8:29 am

Post by BRantz »

Also SW, comparing my play and Jeanne's play, if you have done meta at all on either of us, is complete shit, all you are doing is slinging mud. If you have a problem with what I have said, or have questions about what else I might think, then ask, don't just complain about me for no reason.

Also I apologize if my posts come off a bit snarky, I'm not in the best of moods, and generally I try to remain more even keeled than this.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”