Newbie 1608: Snow Cones (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 8, Rosen wrote:Charmander and Bulbasaur, but no Squirtle? I guess I'll take the grass-type.
VOTE: Bulbazoor

My time zone is PST, my posts will usually be in the evening unless I'm having a slow day at work.

Last time I played, RQS was fairly common. Has that fallen out of favor, and if so, why?

What a pokist. Hey guys!
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 16, Fraggernaut wrote:
In post 15, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 10, Fraggernaut wrote:My Timezone is EST & I work night shift, so if I'm off work a lot of my posts will come early evening on through the night. If I'm working it'll most likely be afternoon or early morning when I'm going to or coming home from work.

In post 8, Rosen wrote:My time zone is PST, my posts will usually be in the evening unless I'm having a slow day at work.

Fraggernaut and Rosen already making excuses :shifty:
Noted.

In post 11, Reubus Swagrid wrote:VOTE: Rosen

I always choose fire over grass or water. Fire is always the best

I don't really see why timezones matter but mine is UTC +8 if anyone cares

I sense a feeling of
'trying-to-fit-in'
here. Why post that if you don't personally care...

VOTE: Reubus Swagrid

Trying to make excuses? Far from it. Was simply stating what time zone I was in & when to expect me to post.

Noted.

VOTE: Vote Keyser

Fragger? What?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Let me explain. That post seems like you are trying to defend yourself and Rosen?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Btw guys. My fos now is

VOTE: Rosen

Reason is her intro seems forced to me. Idk if anyone else agrees.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Ive never played with anyone here btw and I like vanilla ice cream. Peace out dudz
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 28, Bulbazoor wrote:Btw guys. My fos now is

VOTE: Rosen

Reason is her intro seems forced to me. Idk if anyone else agrees.

I liked your post until this part: "
Idk if anyone else agrees
" - are you looking for approval from everyone... :?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 11:55 am

Post by enomis »

@Rosen:

RQS vs RVS is mainly a trend thing. But i feel that RQS is useless. I copied paste something which reflects my thoughts:
Spoiler: Albert B Rampage
This is my personal opinion. Votes generate pressure, pressure generates real information. Random questions generate misunderstandings, bias, and irrelevence, more times than not. I recommend not trying anything fancy in your first game. I'd like you to get a solid experience for your first game, especially if we can get a decent start. Random votes, competing bandwagons, these things will show you the pacing of the game, how you feel when you're voted arbitrarily or for bad reasons, how defensive you get, if you're prone to OMGUS, what your playstyle is. Are you patient and analytical, or agressive and intuitive? Do you post walls or are you concise? How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote? They are interesting starting points, but not everyone can get an emotional investment from forum mafia.

In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:No, I just don't really care about other peoples TZ but on the chance that these people likely care about my TZ if they cared enough about theirs to post it I'll post mine. To me TZ doesn't seem relevant, I post when I post, as does everyone else.

This sentence Seems insincere.

In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:This could be applied to countless instances across the site but this is a fairly weak reason in itself. Would you say that trying to fit in is more often than not a scum based motive? Hardly indicative imo

This defense looks a bit scummy to me.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

enomis, you took the words right out of my mouth:
"How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote?"

RE: Bulbazoor's post: "Reason is her intro seems forced to me.
Idk if anyone else agrees
."

IMO, it felt like Bulbazoor was laying the seeds for a wagon :shifty:
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by enomis »

@Keyser:
Everybody have different ways of presenting. There are people who makes Long cases on the scum. There are people who take one crucial scum slip they think they found and harp on that all day to convince people. How you convince people is basically your style, there's no fix way.

I think you are over-analyzing things on bulbazoor.

Besides, having a wagon now is actually beneficial for town.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 16, Fraggernaut wrote:Trying to make excuses? Far from it. Was simply stating what time zone I was in & when to expect me to post.

Noted.

Going to flag this too - it sounds like Fraggernaut wasn't too comfortable being scum-read :mrgreen: He even repeated my "noted" comment and ended it with a vote :facepalm:

I think a relaxed townie wouldn't have been so irritable - I'm glad I provoked this reaction, whether it be real or forced.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 33, enomis wrote:I think you are over-analyzing things on bulbazoor.

Are you suggesting I stop looking at bulbazoor... or stop reading into his posts too much? :shifty:

Interesting.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 34, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 16, Fraggernaut wrote:Trying to make excuses? Far from it. Was simply stating what time zone I was in & when to expect me to post.

Noted.

Going to flag this too - it sounds like Fraggernaut wasn't too comfortable being scum-read :mrgreen: He even repeated my "noted" comment and ended it with a vote :facepalm:

I think a relaxed townie wouldn't have been so irritable - I'm glad I provoked this reaction, whether it be real or forced.

Think what you want to believe good sir. Doesn't always mean it's right.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 35, Keyser Söze wrote:Are you suggesting I stop looking at bulbazoor... or stop reading into his posts too much?

Interesting.

Ermmm.. Basically see it like this.

Let's say i am a newbie scum joining in.
Why would i need to lay a seed for a wagon on some random dude page 2 of the game. It totally doesn't make sense you see.

In post 34, Keyser Söze wrote:I think a relaxed townie wouldn't have been so irritable - I'm glad I provoked this reaction, whether it be real or forced.

DO YOU THINK
it's real or forced?

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 37, enomis wrote:
DO YOU THINK
it's real or forced?

At the moment... real. I think it's too late for him to say it was reaction-testing :mrgreen: But admittedly, a better response from him the second time round.

In post 37, enomis wrote:Let's say i am a newbie scum joining in. Why would i need to lay a seed for a wagon on some random dude page 2 of the game. It totally doesn't make sense you see.

Interesting use of the phrase: '
'random dude
''. Your 'newbie scum' would already know who is town-aligned and who is not, so not so 'random' afterall! I'm not dropping this now :P
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

If us "newbies" have a question or want to ask a question about gameplay ect. Do we send it via PM or bold it here? Still trying to learn about the game.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 38, Keyser Söze wrote:At the moment... real. I think it's too late for him to say it was reaction-testing But admittedly, a better response from him the second time round.

Why do you mean at the moment. Does him being scum/town change your view on that reaction? Why can't he be real at that post as scum.

In post 38, Keyser Söze wrote:Interesting use of the phrase: ''random dude''. Your 'newbie scum' would already know who is town-aligned and who is not, so not so 'random' afterall! I'm not dropping this now

7people is still some random dude. Then tell me, what's the scum motivation for laying a wagon this early. Do you think that motivation is likely?

@Fraggernaut
:
You can ask me here. I will try to answer it to the best of my knowledge.

Please remember that it is against the rules to pm anyone playing in the same game even if it's just for asking gameplay.

Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 31, enomis wrote:@Rosen:

RQS vs RVS is mainly a trend thing. But i feel that RQS is useless. I copied paste something which reflects my thoughts:
Spoiler: Albert B Rampage
This is my personal opinion. Votes generate pressure, pressure generates real information. Random questions generate misunderstandings, bias, and irrelevence, more times than not. I recommend not trying anything fancy in your first game. I'd like you to get a solid experience for your first game, especially if we can get a decent start. Random votes, competing bandwagons, these things will show you the pacing of the game, how you feel when you're voted arbitrarily or for bad reasons, how defensive you get, if you're prone to OMGUS, what your playstyle is. Are you patient and analytical, or agressive and intuitive? Do you post walls or are you concise? How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote? They are interesting starting points, but not everyone can get an emotional investment from forum mafia.

In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:No, I just don't really care about other peoples TZ but on the chance that these people likely care about my TZ if they cared enough about theirs to post it I'll post mine. To me TZ doesn't seem relevant, I post when I post, as does everyone else.

This sentence Seems insincere.

In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:This could be applied to countless instances across the site but this is a fairly weak reason in itself. Would you say that trying to fit in is more often than not a scum based motive? Hardly indicative imo

This defense looks a bit scummy to me.

Does being insincere have connotations with being scummy? What particularly do you find a bit scummy in my post?
Rosen
Rosen
Townie
Rosen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Rosen »

Keyser 14: My favorite ice cream flavor is rose, actually.
So what's the point of this question? Seems very low information out of other possible "random" questions.

Keyser 20: I haven't played with anyone in this game before.

Fragger 16: Why did you opt to not answer the ice cream question initially?

Keyser 32: Confused by the first part here. "enomis, you took the words right out of my mouth: "How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote?"
If that's in reference to Reubus, please elaborate.
---
Fraggernaut, you've made a few posts now but there's no scumhunting in them, just defense. Why is that?
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Enomis- As to my newbie question about gameplay. Can you explain what exactly "meta" is.

Rosen- I answered it as soon as I saw the question, & I don't feel I was being defensive at all. I don't really know. Im new so I guess I don't exactly understand what you mean by scum hunting or how to ask questions to scum hunt.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

votecount 1.01
Bulbazoor (1):
Rosen
Rosen (2):
Reubus Swagrid (SE), Bulbazoor
Reubus Swagrid (3):
superbowl9, Keyser Söze, enomis (IC)
Keyser Söze (1):
Fraggernaut

Not Voting:
MiteyMouse (SE), Mantisdreamz (SE)

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch

The deadline is June 1st, 9:50 PM EST.
Countdown:
(expired on 2015-06-01 21:50:00)

Those who haven't confirmed has 48 hours to confirm or be replaced.
Countdown: (expired on 2015-05-20 21:48:40)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 40, enomis wrote:Why do you mean at the moment. Does him being scum/town change your view on that reaction? Why can't he be real at that post as scum.

At the moment I think he's scum, thus, I believe that reaction was real. Am I allowed to change my mind later? :mrgreen:

In post 40, enomis wrote:7people is still some random dude.

Only "random" if he was town - it's seems like you
know
Bulbazoor is town then.

Were all your points on Reubus Swagrid
sincere
, or a reaction test to put him on three votes?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 42, Rosen wrote:Keyser 14: My favorite ice cream flavor is rose, actually.
So what's the point of this question? Seems very low information out of other possible "random" questions.

It was an ice-breaker: giving someone a chance for an easy contribution, to see who was relaxed, who would attack it and to see who would ignore it completely.

In post 42, Rosen wrote:Keyser 32: Confused by the first part here. "enomis, you took the words right out of my mouth: "How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote?"
If that's in reference to Reubus, please elaborate.

That was in reference to Bulbazoor: he said your intro was fake, then asked everyone whether they agreed,
inviting anyone to agree
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Ugh I can't even post anything thoughtful rite now even tho I have stuff to say. I'll probably get something down when I'm in school tho, so expect something from me soon.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:03 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Okay to be frank I'm thinking that Keyser is acting pretty scummy here, so I'll get this out of the way.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Keyser

To start off he was the only one to let people know what his playing style was; not something anyone else did and kind of strikes me as odd. Then he votes Reubus for conforming, only to turn around and say that he himself is guilty of it? Interesting.
Post also piqued my interest, but that may be just me.
I think all of his arguments are really weak and he seems like he's latching onto everything that could look scummy, in the hopes that it may look scummy to the rest of the town, too.

@enomis IC guy: in are you saying that the alignment indicative argument itself is scummy?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 48, superbowl9 wrote:
I think all of his arguments are really weak
and he seems like he's latching onto everything that could look scummy, in the hopes that it may look scummy to the rest of the town, too.

Not going to disagree with the part in
bold
:D Yep, all of it is very weak, it's Day One. I'm looking at small details here, but once we see a flip on someone, all those small details could add up to something helpful.

Disagree with this part though:
"in the hopes that it may look scummy to the rest of the town"

- I think everyone has a mind/opinion of their own, they can choose to disagree, ignore or to talk about it.
- I won't respect anyone who accepts my posts as 'fact' this early.
- Neither do I like someone pointing out the obvious fact that my observations aren't strong conclusive arguments/reads for D1 :igmeou:

Currently I'm looking at:
- enomis' third vote on Reubus Swagrid
- Bulbazoor's "Idk if anyone else agrees" comment

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”