Mini 1671 - Eclipse Mafia - Total Eclipse (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 12:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Spoiler: My notes for replacing in... don't need to read if you don't want to
BBT 15 wrote:I wish you would stop this. RVS wagons are good.

BBT, I think we have a very easy-going relationship on this site. We either know one another as town, or we fight to the death. This is a bad start for you, friend. Not speaking to the accuracy of the comment, but there was no reason to attack PB over his vote here, imo.

Same with Sotty in . I do not like these PB attacks. It's doubly bad knowing that PB is town. I wonder which of you two knew his alignment before he flipped?

is another bad BBT post. Overly abrasive. Especially since after saying it he gets lovey-dovey with Scarab (the person that left the ABR wagon).

---

Juls 35 wrote:Why ABR as an RVS wagon? Do we really think someone as experienced as ABR is going to crack under the pressure of RVS? He's a bit of a veteran. I think the ABR wagon is a waste of time.

Odd comment. I don't like this getting close to ABR so early, especially given that ABR hasn't posted yet.

---

Sotty 48 wrote:Right now I'm feeling flexible.

Or maybe charitable is the right word.

What is this? Am I in the twilight zone? All these posts sound scummy to me. Sotty-BBT-Juls team.

What are you addressing here, Sotty? Flexible how? This just doesn't read like a determined townie. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I don't like it.

---

Skold 60 wrote:Bloody kiljoys...Oh yeah, in past games I've heard of something called ''crumbing'' and there wasn't a mafwiki article on it. Hlep?

Y'all think this is fake?

I like the interactions between Clusk and Skold, and . Townpoints to Clusk and scumpoints to Skold.

---

Scarab's is scummy. I don't like him smacking down two wagons without explaining why. His calling out PB is bad for two big reasons: 1) PB is town. 2) He's just sheeping ABR. The same ABR that he was voting earlier and who BBT tried to get him to be more firm about.

---

BBT 88 wrote:Not really a fan of jumping off wagons when they're just getting started.

Now we can start saying that. Townpoints for BBT, scumpoints for Scarab.

---

I like Zoronos so far: , .

Juls' is heartfelt and I think it comes from town.

---

Peace 132 wrote:skold is low hanging fruit, Juls jumped on the low hanging fruit to the point of trying to push it to a wagon...

Justify Skold as town.

Peace 142 wrote:you know there are certain experiences that cannot be discussed, right? I don't know for a fact in this game that he is, but I can make a conclusion based on my limited knowledge..

lolwut

---

Skold's reads very town.

---

Sotty 161 wrote:Don't really like Garmr chiding the IC outage, I really don't think it is such a huge deal honestly. Not overly sure why he does. Seems out of place.

Agreed. I also love the point about Peace. Townpoints for Sotty.

---

Juls 169 wrote:@Peacebringer - Can you please explain the following sequence of events for me:

1) vote for Juls (no reason)
2) unvote Juls (cause low hanging fruit?)
3) made aware that I have been around awhile
4) doesn't return vote to Juls

This. This. Thisssss.

---

In post 201, Jeanne11 wrote:VOTE: Prolapsed Brain

L-1

Goodness this is horrible. No wonder the game has stagnated. I pity the town that is saddled with this person as an IC.

---

Sotty's is so on point. After a bumpy start, I'm comfortable calling her town.

---

In post 223, Jeanne11 wrote:But....we weren't the ones who hammered.

This is so bad. I don't even want to waste time talking about it, but it's hard to resist. I hope anyone that reads this game either now or in the future hears me when I say this is absolutely how NOT to play as an Innocent Child.

"But... I didn't hammer... I only put him at L-1 because I was doing what everyone else was doing!"

Jeanne, I do not recommend that you continue playing Mafia until you actually want to contribute and be your own person. If you don't want to commit or take the time to think for yourself, then please just do not sign up.

---

Scarab 226 wrote: Well

I'm happy that Garmr's dead but now I have no one to be frustrated at and it feels hollow but ABR's post to open the day was beautiful.

I dislike this post because there's no vote. There no passion. ABR's initial post struck me as town because at least there's some passion. Sotty's initial post and she tries to prod Jeanne.

This one sticks out. Juls' opening post is pretty poor, too.

---

Juls 232 wrote:Also, why exactly am I being blamed for his lynch? There were 2 votes after mine and a few before.

One, take responsibility for your vote. Just because you weren't the hammer doesn't mean you get to blame everyone else on the wagon (as this post attempts to do). Two, you are way too defensive-minded in your opening posts today. Where's the offense? Why are you not pissed at others on your wagon? Or those that ignored it? Where's the fire?

ABR summed it up real well, actually. In a way it seems like he's the only one actually emoting genuinely as well as trying to get the game going. Juls and Scarab almost seem like they forgot that the town was supposed to be upset coming into D2.

Juls 236 wrote:As for who is scum, it's hard to scum hunt when most of the attention is pointed at you.

Nope, don't buy it, Juls. I was with you on the IC thing. That was indeed bogus. Now you are sounding like Jeanne. You had two votes on you. Half the game hadn't even checked in yet. The best time to scumhunt is when the pressure is on, frankly. I won't let you get away with this self-pity thing.

---

BBT's - strikes me as town, but I wish it was organized a bit better.

Yeah, I like BBT's start to this day as well. I'm going to put Sotty and BBT in my town pile as of .

---

Scarab 264 wrote:I don't like this. Using my emotional response to Garmr to call me town on the basis that he "doesn't see a good scum strategy there" reeks of ascribing motivation based on knowing my alignment. Or...let me put that another way: I think looking at emotion and thinking "that looks genuine" makes sense, but looking at emotion that looks genuine and thinking "hmmm...what scum strategy might there be for this?" seems a bit ridiculous and I don't think that's something someone would be likely to post if they actually thought about why I did what I did.

Huh? I don't follow this at all. I think it's perfectly rational for a player to consider whether or not someone would say "X" as scum or not. I also don't like that you're ducking the Juls wagon. You should be on record whether you support it or not. This post seems out of left field and as though your are cherry-picking what to respond to and what not to.

---

Sotty's is so townie it hurts.

---

Scarab 283 wrote:I saw your question when you posted it the first time and I'm choosing not to answer it. We both know you're asking me things about clusk to skate around the point that you noticed his strange question earlier and didn't push it and I'm not interested in letting you do that.

So you don't want to talk about Clusk... you don't want to talk about Juls... you don't want to talk about ABR/BBT... You attempting to shut down all discussion that you don't deem worthy is anti-town.

---

Zoronos 284 wrote:You're likely town because killing the dude (thus confirming his alignment) who called you scum and that you got into a fight with (without responding to his allegation), and then posting that you were glad he's dead is not good scum strategy. It's completely unnecessary attention, especially reveling in the death of a PR (normally I see scum just ignore it or ham up 'oh that's terrible that they're dead'). I would hope I'm not the only person that reread the dead town to see what their perspectives were, and that fight is hard to miss in his ISO.
Unnecessarily painting a bullseye on yourself strikes me as unlikely.

You do realize that there's a 99.999999% chance that scum didn't deliberately kill "the dude" (that dude being Garmr).

That said, this is a townslip more than anything.

---

Scarab 288 wrote:
Vote: BBT

Oh, this is priceless. You vote the only person taking the time to go back and actually try to solve this game.

---

ABR 290 wrote:Whatever man, your logic is extremely roundabout and dubious "Albert is scum because he's voting Juls who is town because Skold is scum and he's voting for her". Oh yeah, lest we forget, you also pointed out that you think Juls is town because of the post she made D2 where she says you are one of her two townreads. This I rub your back you rub mine dynamic is unsettling.

I agree to an extent, but, as an outside party, I think y'all are butting heads out of pride. ABR sees no need to elaborate on his Juls vote because he thinks it's getting some good reactions. BBT sees no need to elaborate on his ABR attack because ABR isn't giving in and fulfilling BBT's need for analysis.

Town on town.

---

Sotty 298 wrote:No. You said ABR was playing badly. You also seem to have a scum read on him.

Or did I miss read that?

Sotty, I think you mixed up your names in unless I am misreading it. That's why BBT was confused, I think.

---

BBT 300 wrote: I know ABR is a good player, I can only assume this is his scum play.

Stop it. You're acting too proud and it's going to get you into trouble. I'm not saying ABR is town necessarily, but he certainly isn't scum based on this.

I don't mean for this to sound like I'm lecturing, but you need to understand this is a playstyle thing. ABR is clearly trying to provoke reactions.

It's frustrating me because I think the most likely scenario is that y'all are both town and getting into a scrap that is drawing attention away from my most likely scum candidates.

---

Scarab 311 wrote:tbh my day 1 scum team of choice was brain-garmr-BBT where BBT was kind of a filler gut read and then brain flipped town and garmr died night 1 and was town and i'm basically mirroring BBT this game and i don't fucking know why and i don't have any goddamn idea who's scum anymore :(

So your reaction to two of your scumreads flipping town is to vote the third one and not reassess anything at all? :/

---

ABR 314 wrote:Do you realize how you're coming across? You're in some weird tunnel vision place. I'm not mad at you bro. I'm letting you work it out. I'm going to retract back and let you sort your emotions out and take a first look at the big picture. Once you're done and good, then I'll talk to you. Go do your thing. I'm logging off for the day.

Yeah, okay, I'm good with ABR, I think.

Man, I'm going to try my best to get a BBT-RC-Sotty-ABR bloc going. I'm telling you guys, we have this game in the bag if we all get to that spot this game.

ABR 332 wrote:I guess I could swing a vote Skold's way if there's momentum. If everyone in the game voted, that would be a start.

Skold would not be a bad lynch, but I'd like to hear more from him.

---

Zoro 343 wrote:Yes, I want to vote him. No, I don't want to put him at L-2 after yesterday's hammer shenanigans.
My vote is symbolically present. I want to talk to him and get answers before I put him into hammer range.

This seems town. I don't like how non-committal you are on Juls though.

---

I will say that I do like Scarab's . This may be the first post I liked from him all game. Unfortunately my mind is already moving toward confirmation bias and seeing that his Skold defense is an effort to dissuade that very pro-town Skold quickwagon.

---

BBT 353 wrote:Are you interested in joining a Skold wagon?

I'm not opposed to it. I'm not sure about joining it just yet.

That said, given the makeup of the wagon, I'd be hardpressed not to support it.

The main issue I have with it is that I just don't know enough about Skold. His posts are a mixed bag. I like some and I dislike some. Whereas I have very clear scumreads on Scarab and Juls. I also think Peace is more scummy.

---

sns 367 wrote:Couldn't handle the pressure. Everyone pile on!

Lol, I like playing with sns.

---

Sotty 371 wrote:Why did you vote Juls then?

Great question. Hi, Sotty! :]

---

sns 372 wrote:That was a joke. You took that awfully serious. You wanted to vote her, and then when someone makes a "bad reason" you unvote them? Are the reasons you voted Juls in the first place suddenly gone?

Great point.

---

Scarab 373 wrote:I was voting Juls because I wanted a counterwagon and tbh I didn't notice that she said she might replace out :s

I think this is untrue, but even if it's true, you're dodging the question. What does Juls replacing out have to do with her alignment anyway? The slot is scummy or it isn't.

I suspect the real reason is because you wanted to take the pressure off of Skold based on . I'm curious why you didn't just say that.

Alright, I have a few major takeaways from catching up.

The first big thing is I have a strong townread on
Sotty
. , and are really noteworthy. This is someone that is actively asking the right questions and drawing the same conclusions as I am for the most part. She's officially my mason this game and I don't see how anything short of a cop report will get me to change my mind.

I also have a strong townread on
ABR
. Having just played on a scumteam with ABR, I feel comfortable in my ability to read him. The three major points in ABR's favor: 1) I love him coming into D2 with passion and immediately putting his sights on Juls. Whether Juls is scum or town, he made an earnest attempt to stir the pot. 2) Despite some bickering with BBT, he knew enough to lay off when appropriate. I think scum ABR may have antagonized BBT. is money. That screams town mentality. He sees a player he thinks that is town (I'm assuming) but going the wrong direction, and he takes the time to tell him straight up that he's off base and needs to cool off. 3) Starting the Skold wagon is a good townplay in the sense that, like the Juls wagon, we're trying to get the town pumped up again.

I have a third strong townread on
BBT
. BBT's reread of the game from - would be hard to fake, I think. Maybe BBT is capable of it, but my best guess is that it is genuine. BBT is so analytical that him and the much more cerebral ABR are butting heads, but I hope these two achieve some sort of equillibrium that will get them on the same page. I see that hope in the Skold wagon. Additionally, I like BBT's being hard on everyone. I like that he went straight up to Sotty and got in her grill over supporting ABR too easily. That reads town.

That does it for my strong townreads. I have two weak townreads. The first one is on
Zoro
. and are good catches, 100 especially. Although I do think Sotty is town, I think Zoro is giving her a good faith grilling this early on. His is pretty close to townslipping in that it seems like he didn't realize that the BG was killed over the IC. Or that he forgot. Either way it's more likely to come from town than scum. is okay. Additionally
Clusk/sns
has just now moved up to a weak townread. I didn't have a lot to say about Clusk. I didn't think he was very bad or very good. sns' pivot to Juls was commendable though. I don't want to buy sns for town too early based on that, but is a solid point as well. I can still be convinced that Clusk may have been worse than I remember, but sns is starting well.

I have two weak scumreads. The first is
PeaceBringer
. and rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see where the Skold townread is coming from. This also ties into what's going on right now as his recent Skold vote is rather weak. I'd like him to have passion one way or the other. His lurking as of late seemed to contribute to stagnating the game and also letting ABR/BBT fight it out (two townreads of mine). The second weak scumread is
Juls
. She starts the game off by attaching herself to ABR early on for no good reason in . The reason is that he is too pro to let an early wagon rile him, but she doesn't really give a helpful alternative. I did like her pressuring PeaceBringer early on, but she inexplicably let up on that for the poor alternative in PB (Brain). Then we have the start of D2 where, ironically, she falls into ABR's trap. and are all sorts of bad. She's way too focused on the votes on her. She opens the day with seemingly nothing to add despite the poor D1 performance. Sotty has to tell her to scumhunt because she apparently doesn't realize on her own that that would be a good move. Since this, she has been lurking and the slot is just not one I support as town.

I have one strong scumread that I think has since outweighed both of these though.
Scarab
has been skating by this game and ignoring big, important events in this game. He's almost like the worst of both PeaceBringer and Juls combined. Check out and where he is selling a Skold wagon early on. Before Skold has a chance to even gain any steam, he undercuts it in and votes townie PB (Brain) with a comment that the Skold and Juls wagons are bad. He doesn't explain why they are bad, even when asked to do so. This hurts the town's chances at getting multiple wagons during D1 as Brain is inevitably lynched a short while after. I'm ignoring his spat with Garmr as it has no bearing on his alignment. His is pretty bad for an opening post to D2. No vote. No passion. Same as Juls in that it's just not someone that is interested in figuring out what went wrong. is continuing in Scarab's tradition of ignoring important things (Juls wagon, ABR vs BBT) in favor of something out of left field. He criticizes Zoro in this backwards way that I still don't fully understand. In we see Scarab dodging BBT's questions. This wouldn't be so bad except that BBT is one of the few players trying to get the game going and Scarab would rather stand in the way and prevent scumhunting from taking place. He then, strangely, votes BBT in . Neither Zoro nor BBT was on the Brain wagon yesterday, and we already know two of the players on the wagon were town. When you look at , you see that he admits to scumreading Brain, Garmr and BBT. Well, Brain and Garmr flipped town so the town thing to do is vote BBT on D2? For me, I think town would want to rethink their reads in the game. In general I strongly dislike his approach to finding scum so far, and it seems to be limited to doing it on his terms and not helping others or supporting much of anyone else. Go look for anything resembling a townread from Scarab. You won't find much of one. The closest thing is his odd where he kind of supports Skold as a townread, but isn't confident enough to come right out and say so. Lastly, we have what just happened now with the sns' Juls vote. Scarab votes Juls instead of Skold at sns' request, but almost immediately unvotes when Juls replaces out. In he assumes that only town Juls would replace out, but I disagree with that. Now he isn't voting anyone.

I'm torn on
Skold
. He could go either way. I only made note of a couple of his posts. I think Clusk's point against him in is good and Skold's response in isn't. On the other hand, I liked his attack of PeaceBringer in after PeaceBringer buddyed up to him. That really gives me town vibes.

tl;dr = [
Town
]----Sotty--ABR-BBT---Clusk/sns--Zoro---Skold[
]--Peace--Juls---Scarab--------[
Scum
]

I didn't bother with Jeanne, of course. I hope we get a replacement that, if they don't read the thread, at least takes the time to read this post and makes an educated vote.

VOTE: Scarab
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 1:41 am

Post by Kalimar »

Vote Count 2.7

Skold
(4): Sotty7, BlueBloodedToffee, Albert B. Rampage, PeaceBringer
Scarab
(1): RedCoyote
Albert B. Rampage
(1): Skold
Juls
(1): snscompt1

Not Voting
(4): Scarab, Jeanne11, Juls, Zoronos

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-05-27 18:15:00)

Seeking a replacement for Juls.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 1:52 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Welcome to the game, Red! Nice having you here brother.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:07 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Red, welcome, you have experience with me as sharpest-knife-on-tree

On day one I thought Skold was just low hanging fruit based on quick run up. So I took to defend him at that point. The interactions with him then and current play put him suspect mode for me. You are right, as of now, I don't have anything that is igniting passion in this game. And I really hadn't noted a BBT/ABR fight... It is a week one if it is a fight.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I pretty much have the same reads as Red expect I would switch BBT and Peace probably. That's based mostly on a gut read of Peace and the fact BBT didn't seem to be paying as much attention as I would expect. That's probably being too hard on BBT but I haven't really picked off any town posts from him yet so it kind of falls under a default weak scum read.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 am

In post 379, Sotty7 wrote:I pretty much have the same reads as Red expect I would switch BBT and Peace probably. That's based mostly on a gut read of Peace and the fact BBT didn't seem to be paying as much attention as I would expect. That's probably being too hard on BBT but I haven't really picked off any town posts from him yet so it kind of falls under a default weak scum read.

I sense a town frustration from him. I'm not surprised given the snail's pace of this game, but I don't mind it, I'm busy elsewhere. I think he just needs to get used to the flow and he'll come off as less neurotic.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:59 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 375, RedCoyote wrote:I have one strong scumread that I think has since outweighed both of these though.
Scarab
has been skating by this game and ignoring big, important events in this game. He's almost like the worst of both PeaceBringer and Juls combined. Check out and where he is selling a Skold wagon early on. Before Skold has a chance to even gain any steam, he undercuts it in and votes townie PB (Brain) with a comment that the Skold and Juls wagons are bad. He doesn't explain why they are bad, even when asked to do so. This hurts the town's chances at getting multiple wagons during D1 as Brain is inevitably lynched a short while after. I'm ignoring his spat with Garmr as it has no bearing on his alignment. His is pretty bad for an opening post to D2. No vote. No passion. Same as Juls in that it's just not someone that is interested in figuring out what went wrong. is continuing in Scarab's tradition of ignoring important things (Juls wagon, ABR vs BBT) in favor of something out of left field. He criticizes Zoro in this backwards way that I still don't fully understand. In we see Scarab dodging BBT's questions. This wouldn't be so bad except that BBT is one of the few players trying to get the game going and Scarab would rather stand in the way and prevent scumhunting from taking place. He then, strangely, votes BBT in . Neither Zoro nor BBT was on the Brain wagon yesterday, and we already know two of the players on the wagon were town. When you look at , you see that he admits to scumreading Brain, Garmr and BBT. Well, Brain and Garmr flipped town so the town thing to do is vote BBT on D2? For me, I think town would want to rethink their reads in the game. In general I strongly dislike his approach to finding scum so far, and it seems to be limited to doing it on his terms and not helping others or supporting much of anyone else. Go look for anything resembling a townread from Scarab. You won't find much of one. The closest thing is his odd where he kind of supports Skold as a townread, but isn't confident enough to come right out and say so. Lastly, we have what just happened now with the sns' Juls vote. Scarab votes Juls instead of Skold at sns' request, but almost immediately unvotes when Juls replaces out. In he assumes that only town Juls would replace out, but I disagree with that. Now he isn't voting anyone.
I only have 10ish minutes now but I want to address some of this in probably reverse-ish order.

My unvote of Juls wasn't because I think her replace-out would only come from town. While I honestly would have stayed on a Juls wagon that somehow eventually led to lynch, it's not because I have any useful read on her - it's because I thought that was a better wagon than anything else that had a plausible shot of popping up. I unvoted because I didn't care to be a part of a wagon on her that hypothetically would have popped up based off of her replacing out and then I looked back and saw that she'd said she might replace out and if I'd seen that earlier I wouldn't have bothered voting her at all until either she or her replacement were able to say something. My day 2 play..honestly yeah, my reads are pretty much non-existent at this point. You mentioned I haven't been giving townreads but if you look more closely I'm pretty sure you won't find me having given any scumreads day 2 other than BBT and Zoro, the latter of which I retracted back to null. I have no idea what's going on in this game since day 1 and the thought of reading day 1 is repulsive to me (though I've read small parts of pages of day 1 for context) - though I really should do it and I will at some point. I gave about as many townreads day 1 as I did scumreads if you count implicit things like "x wagon is bad" which I guess don't actually say that someone is town but...

I've avoided engaging with the major events of this game because they've generally been thoroughly uninteresting to me. There was the Skold wagon and the Juls wagon day 1. I gave my opinion on them (very) briefly but had no interest in joining either of them and no interest in making any sort of real defense of either of them at that point in the game. The fact that PBrain was "inevitably lynched a short while after" is something I couldn't possibly have anticipated and I wouldn't have left my vote on him if I'd expected that to happen. His lynch happened while I was afk and it happened pretty damn fast. I was ready to go aggro on Garmr day 2 for hammering so early on someone he didn't even seem to think was scum, but then he died and was town and at that point I was just like WELL WHAT NOW. Which is pretty much where I'm at now.

out of time-ish so tl;dr: I have no idea what's going on
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Prodge.

Sorry guys, will try and get to this later today.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by Skold »

Same as above.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:20 am

me three
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Kalimar »

Prodding Zoronos.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:01 am

Post by Zoronos »

Sorry, prodded received.
Still waiting on Skold to answer questions / post.
RedCoyote seems towny. I see his point on Scarab, but I still like my reasoning for my town read, so I'm not liable to vote that way without something more.
His point on Juls is pretty well made. I was leaning neutral on her out of sympathy for her "It's hard to scum hunt while being attacked" line, because I've felt that posting-exhaustion before as town when under attack. I didn't look at it from a vote-perception angle, and that was a good insight. Juls isn't my first choice right now, but the case seems reasonable. Want to hear more from her replacement.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 8:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

ABR 377 wrote:Welcome to the game, Red! Nice having you here brother.

Howdy, ABR!

What are your thoughts about looking for scum on the Brain wagon yesterday?

---

Peace 378 wrote:Red, welcome, you have experience with me as sharpest-knife-on-tree

On day one I thought Skold was just low hanging fruit based on quick run up. So I took to defend him at that point. The interactions with him then and current play put him suspect mode for me. You are right, as of now, I don't have anything that is igniting passion in this game. And I really hadn't noted a BBT/ABR fight... It is a week one if it is a fight.

Hey there, I remember you now.

Well, see, that's the thing. Politically, I don't believe in the concept of "low hanging fruit" or "easy lynches". Namely because it's the same odds for one of these players to draw scum as it is for them to draw town. So, you know, I'm a proponent that if a player acts scummy, then they should be called out on that regardless. Especially early on when there's less to go on anyway. So, you know, anyone that uses that argument is null to me at best and scummy at worst. In your case it was more the latter than the former given that the alternative player that was lynched, one, flipped town, and two, was arguably more of a "low hanging fruit" than Skold was at the time.

The BBT/ABR fight happened not very long ago and it's my opinion that it stems from two very different playstyles butting heads. I would like to know your take when you have the time to check out the past few pages. You don't have to write a wall, but just look over it and see if anything sticks out.

---

Sotty 379 wrote:BBT didn't seem to be paying as much attention as I would expect

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Unless you mean not paying attention during D1. My main contention for BBT town is I'm sold on his reread of the game. Do you think it was all flash and no substance? It read to me like he was making an honest-to-goodness effort to catch up for a poor start the town had. I especially was turned on by the idea that he was getting so much resistance from Scarab for it. I think it would be hard to fake that level of needing to play catchup.

---

Scarab 381 wrote:While I honestly would have stayed on a Juls wagon that somehow eventually led to lynch, it's not because I have any useful read on her

Sorry, let me stop you there. See, as town, that should worry you. And, for me, if I actually thought that as town in this situation, I would be fixing it immediately. You don't just go with the flow, Scarab. Not every townie has to be a leader, but every townie has to stand for something and explain it.

This reads like you're saying, "I don't have a scumread on Juls but whatever as long as I don't get lynched, amirite?"

Scarab 381 wrote:I didn't care to be a part of a wagon on her that hypothetically would have popped up based off of her replacing out

In other words you jumped off because you didn't want to look scummy, not because you actually thought it was the right thing to do.

Scarab 381 wrote:You mentioned I haven't been giving townreads but if you look more closely I'm pretty sure you won't find me having given any scumreads day 2 other than BBT and Zoro

It's hard for me to believe no one has stuck out to you as, "Okay, only town would say or do X". Especially since it seems like there's a good mix of different personalities/playstyles here.

Scarab 381 wrote:I gave about as many townreads day 1 as I did scumreads if you count implicit things like "x wagon is bad" which I guess don't actually say that someone is town but...

No, really, I don't.

I actually almost want to cut you a little slack because I feel like I'm getting really on you, but I just don't buy that excuse at all. Even if I did accept you were townreading Juls and Skold on D1, you just completely undercut that by voting Juls in the past couple of days because "you didn't have any useful read on her".

So, I mean, you're tripping over your own positions at this point. :/
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 8:22 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Skold. have you considered replacing out? You may be a bit too busy to play this game right now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 387, RedCoyote wrote:
Sotty 379 wrote:BBT didn't seem to be paying as much attention as I would expect

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Unless you mean not paying attention during D1. My main contention for BBT town is I'm sold on his reread of the game. Do you think it was all flash and no substance? It read to me like he was making an honest-to-goodness effort to catch up for a poor start the town had. I especially was turned on by the idea that he was getting so much resistance from Scarab for it. I think it would be hard to fake that level of needing to play catchup.

When I say not paying attention I'm talking about having to hold his hand on both ABR's and my own reasoning for voting Juls despite the info already being in the thread. I can pretty much forgive him for missing the ABR reasoning because it was a little burried in there, but mine was pretty clear I would have thought. It felt like he was poking around to look like he was doing stuff. At this point I am willing to lean on yours and ABR's reasoning for finding him town, because I realize missing posts can happen as scum or town. I just haven't seen anything that screams town to me.

As for his catch up I wasn't wowed by his conclusions. The Clusk vote had little behind it and the protecting of Juls seemed out of place. So yeah, I can believe scum could fake his posts.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:35 am

Tomorrow, for sure.

I need time to read properly; priority (or close to) tomorrow.

Sotty, Clusk is probably scum (whoever replaced him is scum).

We should lynch Clusk/Skold to move this game forward.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 388, RedCoyote wrote:Skold. have you considered replacing out? You may be a bit too busy to play this game right now.

I would really hate it if Skold had to replace out, but we do need some action in this game. This day seems to consist of waiting around for whoever is being run up to actually come in and play the game. It's getting frustrating.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:37 am

I'll apologize for my part in the lurking/non contributing.

I don't usually do this and it's very unlike me, but I have pretty good reasoning that I can't expand on atm.

I normally hate lurkers, so, yeah...sorry!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BBT, I call dibs on your attention when you start giving this game some instead of your others. I think Clusk is a bad choice, especially in light of sns' replacement.

Sotty, I respect that. I'm willing to table Peace if you do the same for BBT until we get more from content from them both.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Sounds like a deal to me.

Now if we can get the other 3/4's of this game actually playing that would be awesome.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by snscompt1 »

Sounds good. Red, really liking your reads as I'm mostly on the same page as you. The fact that Scotty agrees too either means you guys are being blatantly obvious as scum, or imo both town. I always get paranoid when I read someone this townlike though, they always end up being scum. Ugh. #townproblems

BBT, Juls, and Peace are the ones that stuck out to me the most. BBT because iirc he's acting quite more laid back this game compared to when he's town. He's normally the vocal point of all conversations. Juls and Peace because of their seemingly fake interactions. I didn't really notice Scarab until you pointed it our Red and I iso'd him.

I'm against a Skold lynch as I really don't see why he's scum.

VOTE: Scarab
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Sns - Any chance I can get you to be more specific on which interactions you feel are fake and why?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

sns- please tell me what interaction seemed faked, tia...
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:25 am

Post by Skold »

In post 386, Zoronos wrote:Still waiting on Skold to answer questions / post.

What questions? I've tried picking about the game but I can't find these questions. Also I have a long-weekend starting today.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 3:32 am

PS we're not masons.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”