West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:11 am

Post by West9 »

In post 585, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:WE do hope that the person you want to be shot is on the left.
WE already know who WE will shoot if WE get the gun.

Who?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I kind of like our gun bearer. He's a psycho.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 617, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Sorry TTH, that was inappropriate.

Go fuck yourself Antihero.

There you go. :D

Anyway, considering you have the most posts of any living player, it may shock you to hear that your
not
one of the people I wish to hear more from before I move the game on. So if you wish to prodge until I use my shot, feel free to.

I have to shoot within two weeks of getting the gun, and I have had it for less than 48 hours (so short some people haven't even posted since I got the gun) so I don't feel remotely guilty about not rushing to take my shot.

Sure, give scum more time to come up with compelling cases or defenses.

Anyway, how about you check up on some reads on day 1 and ask us questions about that? Much of it appears to still stand, or getting sheeped. How do you feel about that? Who do you trust more? Who less? Actually, don't say who less, they might stop posting.
You can't just sit around waiting for us to feed you cases. The cases are here already. Not much has changed. Nacho shot you, you became the GB, and that's that. Nothing else happened, there was no night, there were no NK's to discuss. What do you want?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Heartless »

@.@

In post 623, VictorDeAngelo wrote:I'll try to regain some civility for the sake of the game. In return I hope people start playing properly.

It's really not that they're not "playing properly." The problem is likely that the "hurry up and shoot" crowd's reads have already matured. As a result, they're getting antsy and that's putting you on the defensive since you think they're trying to rush you. They are. But telling them to fuck off is not likely to have the desired effect. Since I'm not a "people person" myself, I don't have good advice for how to deal with it and that's where my usefulness will end. :S

But if it helps anyone, this friction isn't anybody's fault. It's just a consequence of Victor getting a little bit of a late start.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Heartless »

Unfortunately, I don't really have anything substantive to add. :S

West9
might
be hiding in our scumhunting blind spot. The tracking on West9's julien read isn't all there and it feels like he leans heavily on the same reasoning Antihero's using, citing as "bad" but not going into further detail. I guess I'm just sensitive to things like this because now that it's become cool to scum read julien, I have doubts about the accuracy of the read. :S
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 597, pablito wrote:I'm voting you to pressure you to vote. Honestly, if you don't start voting, I'd propose to never shooting you just to torture you in this game for not having anything to do.

In post 597, pablito wrote:I would like to nominate enomis, julien, lucky, and vonflare as potential shots for today.

yea. Bro. I don't feel any pressure from your vote to be honest. Not from anymore votes too. This is why voting is useless. You would say it's a good way to keep track of who you scumread. But we don't even get VC. Then what's the point.

You can propose whatever you want.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by enomis »

@Wanderer: I simply decided my earlier townread was better and stronger.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by CB »

In post 592, CB wrote:
-I have added Julien. I kind of liked his opening posts but that catch up post was really underwhelming to me. I don't like how he seemed very apathetic towards the game.

I have thought about this and I think I misspoke when I called that post apathetic. It is more of a feeling that he felt the need to appear to be putting out content that I find scummy.

In post 592, CB wrote:
-I have added Pablito to my town list. He has pushed on people who he would never have pushed on if he were scum. (sheeping Nacho some here)

I have rescinded by town read here. I think that mafia goon ideally would be throwing scum on unpushed targets so I cannot clear him for doing that without knowing the alignment of the people he is pushing on. I have pablito as a town lean for suggesting the referendum system but I don't think that is enough to put him in my town list. Townreads are the key to winning this setup so I need to be certain of the player. I mean it is only three correct town reads for an auto win.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 631, enomis wrote:@Wanderer: I simply decided my earlier townread was better and stronger.

But is that townread harder and faster?

Victor, who is it specifically that you want to hear from? You said no to Heartless, so who is it you want to talk to/answer questions? (Besides Vonflare)

Besides Von, a Heartless shot would make me happy, because I kinda don't know how to feel about him and that uncertainty is better dealt with now, when we have a buffer, than later. Also if they're town I think they'll make a good GB. But Von is better than a read I'm unsure about.

I'm kinda bleh on the active-shooting only thing now. Endgame is where we'll need the best GB, and we'll need to deal with lurking scum at some point.

My best shot choice right now is Jeanne. Post now, or forever hold your peace. "There is no cops" is my second choice because that post of his was just so endearing.

And finally, about Julien: My intial scumread was misguided, as I've said. About their , specifically their comment on Victor.. I don't think that's reason for a scumread. I also missed that 'scumslip' that was pointed out, and only realized it after two people had commented. The fact that Victor didn't see it immediately either, but agreed with it after, seems totally feasible to me. Null here, I'd put him at Heartless-level in terms of how much I want him shot, I guess.

Not enthusiastic about either of those shots anyways, I think Jeanne is the best one here for her award in 'Posting Literally Nothing, Ever'.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:08 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 605, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Apologies for trying to make you scumhunt in a mafia game.

In post 619, Feirei wrote:
In post 574, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 573, vonflare wrote:ok victor is the new king.

Who are your scumreads?

Better question, who are yours?

The fact vonflare ain't done shit since this exchange pisses me off.

The fact vonflare
was posting after this question was asked
pisses me off more.

Hi feirei!

Sorry for not responding to this question.

That guy with Hobbes as his avatar is tunnelling me, but I have no idea what his case is against me.

I'm going to ISO him brb
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:10 am

Post by vonflare »

Lol his entire case against me is "he said 'stop saying shoot me and get down to scumhunting' too late"

Phone post so I can't quote him but I'll assemble a case once I get to a computer.

For now I'll VOTE: hobbes avatar guy
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:24 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

At this point idc whether Victor shoots Vonflare or enomis.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 3:19 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

In post 625, West9 wrote:
In post 585, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:WE do hope that the person you want to be shot is on the left.

Who?

Right now, WE would shoot CB.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:19 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Jeanne11 have been prodded.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 637, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:

Who?

this is your daily reminder that pn is still scum
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:52 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

And why would you shoot CB? Seriously. Anyone is better than CB.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:00 am

Post by West9 »

In post 635, vonflare wrote:Lol his entire case against me is "he said 'stop saying shoot me and get down to scumhunting' too late"

Phone post so I can't quote him but I'll assemble a case once I get to a computer.

For now I'll VOTE: hobbes avatar guy

That's not the whole case:
Readlist was worthless and contributed to the "scum faking useless activity" vibe.
Your response to me asking you a question was an immediate scumread.
Your excuses for that "hey town let's get to work" post were terrible.
Youve clearly been strategically lurking since early D1.

Perpetual Nonsense wrote:

Who?

Why? (pedit - ninjad)
And the first quote says a different thing than the latest one. You already know not only that you WOULD shoot him, but also that you WILL shoot him?
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

In post 640, MaxwellPuckett wrote:And why would you shoot CB? Seriously. Anyone is better than CB.

In post 592, CB wrote:
Nachomamma8, gun-bearer, shot himself on Day1

:(

So, what about Wanderer's idea that all players should make their own referendum?

That probably wouldn't work. Scum have an easier time ignoring the person without the gun. Although I think her point about hiding stuff in walls has merit. If you suspect someone it would make sense to have it in a separate post. It would have more impact that way.

I pledge, here and now, that I won't shoot anyone on this list should I have the gun. I encourage the others on this list to do the same. Anyone on this list can quote me on that.

Nacho seems like a strong player but his reads were made without any flips. I don't think it is good town play to not reconsider at all as the game goes on. Nachos reads seemed to change quite a lot in a couple of pages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scum:Enomis, Vonflare, Jeanne, Julien
Town:Wanderer, Pablito

-I have removed Perpetual Nonsense from my town list. I gave them a weak town read on their posting style but I don't think I can keep that read at this stage of the game. They need to start providing serious content.
-I have added Jeanne too much lurking and the posts she had made seem a bit off to me.
-I have added Julien. I kind of liked his opening posts but that catch up post was really underwhelming to me. I don't like how he seemed very apathetic towards the game.
-I have added Pablito to my town list. He has pushed on people who he would never have pushed on if he were scum. (sheeping Nacho some here)

of his 13 posts this game, this one is clearly a scumpost.
English is OUR first language. As such, WE aren't good at it.
If WE were to get the gun right now, WE will shoot CB.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:56 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Victor 613 wrote:Since you haven't said much on the subject since advocating shooting me, I assumed that perhaps you might some new thoughts on the matter.

I disagree with that statement, as Heartless has attested to (though Antihero put it much more harshly than I would've). Immediately after the shot, , , and were my big takeaways. I think I laid out pretty clearly that I no longer advocate a Heartless shot (as I have in the past), and in fact I've gone as far as to advocate suggest that Heartless, pablito, CB, Wanderer and myself all commit to not shooting one another this game. This is a far cry from my positions prior to Nacho shooting you and revealing you as town, as CB was my only huge townread and Heartless and Wanderer were in my sights.

The shots I would like to see at this very moment would be either enomis, Flubber, julien or PN.

I'm going to retract my previous call for a Jeanne shot. I no longer get the sense that she's scum, nor do I now think the scum came into this game with the strategy to have the goons actively bait for a shot. Jeanne and Lucky seem only interested in pestering for a shot to fulfill their vigilante fantasies. Jeanne especially I see no town or scum motivation behind her posts. Further, she may be replaced with someone useful soon, so I would recommend laying off of her until we see if that happens or not.

---

Flubber 618 wrote:From what I've read of your wallpost it looked like you had good points for heartless being scum and then rejected those to sheep nacho. From pablito's most recent post it looks like I missed something Nacho suggested that I'm going to have to ISO later to get back on track

Well, I encourage you to skim over my new position on shooting Heartless and give me a better argument than "if you can make a scum case then you should shoot them". This reads like all sorts of bad to me, Flubber. It reads like you're trying to unduly influence my shot. If you think Heartless is scum, then I encourage you to convince me (and others) that that's the case. I don't like your "behind-the-scenes" attempt at trying to tug at my consciousness and more or less whisper in my ear. strikes me as all sorts of slimy, even if it's out in the open.

Another thing, it reads like you know my alignment. I don't recall you ever making any big sweeping statements that you think I am so town that you know I would get the gun if ever shot.

---

Heartless 628 wrote:But if it helps anyone, this friction isn't anybody's fault. It's just a consequence of Victor getting a little bit of a late start.

And I can respect that, but what I don't like is him seemingly coming in after the fact (of Nacho's death) and saying, "Okay everyone, let's start again! ;)" as though nothing took place before the shot.

Eh, I mean, it's not as big of a deal as Antihero is making it, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm cooler now and I am ultimately confident that Victor will make a thoughtful decision in the end in any case. I just think he could've approached it with a little more couth.

Heartless 629 wrote:West9 might be hiding in our scumhunting blind spot.

You know, I got a similar vibe. I didn't want to say anything yet though. I was also a bit skeptical when he made a big song and dance about wanting more answers from me (he asked me a question and brought it back up no less than 3 times before I responded), which was fine, but as soon as I answered he completely dropped the issue altogether.

---

CB 632 wrote:Townreads are the key to winning this setup so I need to be certain of the player.

I agree with this 100%. How do you feel about Heartless as of late?

---

PN 642 wrote:If WE were to get the gun right now, WE will shoot CB.

I think PN has started recently advocating a CB shot because maybe he thinks that will dissuade others from shooting him. However, in my mind, I'd kind of welcome PN attempting to shoot CB because it would remove an anti-town element and put the gun in good hands. That said, I'm happy with the gun in Victor's hands as well.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Feirei »

I threw up this morning and I'm not in any shape to play right now. I'll be around tomorrow or Saturday.
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 643, RedCoyote wrote:Jeanne and Lucky seem only interested in pestering for a shot to fulfill their vigilante fantasies.

That is kind of why I joined the game. It's surprisingly freeing. I can wait a few days while the player list is whittled down and not worry about being accused of lurking because what can anyone do about it? Shoot me? Goal accomplished. I can't lose.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Lucky is so cute. :3
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 646, RedCoyote wrote:Lucky is so cute. :3

:wink:
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by enomis »

Hey.

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

@rc So sheeping a town read is now the same as telling a non-gunbearer to shoot someone?

Like even if I missed your reasoning behind sheeping nacho's read ths misrep is bad

Return to “Completed Open Games”