Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

zabing12
zabing12
Townie
zabing12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:26 am

Post by zabing12 »

The other party doesn't have to be active for you to tunnel.

VOTE: davesaz
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:32 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 123, Hostile Intent wrote:1. Accusations of role fishing.
2. Inquiries of policy lynching.
3. Posts are all sizzle, no steak.

1. It was not strong accusation and if it was an accusation I was more curious about the possibility of it being so. Did you even pay attention the dichotomy of the post?
2. And why does that merit a vote?
3. what does this even mean? I do a lot of weird stuff to see how people read me/vote me and that gives me info on a lot of things. If your expecting me to be completely linear and systematic and base what I do on observation alone you are sorely mistaken. And this does not mean I am scum whatsoever.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Delibird's post was a vote. You called it role fishing. There's nothing to misinterpret there.

Policy lynching isn't exactly a pro-town thing to advocate. And it came out of nowhere.

Your posts have no town motivation. You're saying random shit with fancy sauce.

You're probably scum, so.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:36 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Lickety, I didn't vote you because of word choice, I voted you because you asked what I found to be a ridiculous question. The fact that you felt the need to ask for clarification on something so obvious is sus. I'll keep my vote where it is.

For now I believe Archmage about their post restriction, but obviously I'll be keeping an eye on their actual play as well.

Edit: Hostile is saying with that last point, that you look like someone who is using a lot of big words and roundabout ways of talking to look like you're contributing. I'm beginning to see that this behavior is kind of just par for the course for you. You sound like a puffed-up waffle, and please know I mean that in a humorous, teasing way, and I don't actually mean to off end.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:40 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: zabing12, BTW.

Don't like your vote. Pushing inactive players is a waste of time of you're looking for interactions, so pushing actives makes sense. I don't think your vote is justified if that's your only reasoning.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:41 am

Post by davesaz »

I actually have some difficulty making stuff up and a very strong affinity for truth with regard to RL, which several people in this game can attest to.
We're obviously both active right now. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:45 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 124, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 121, davesaz wrote:We both happened to be active, nothing more.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you have no problem lying. Not because I think you have lied in this thread yet necessarily.

Way to accuse him of lying without properly accusing him. You quoted a post and said he's a liar, but you haven't said whether he's *necessarily* lying in that post. Do you think he is or don't you, why the quiffling?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:49 am

In post 127, Hostile Intent wrote:Delibird's post was a vote. You called it role fishing. There's nothing to misinterpret there.

Policy lynching isn't exactly a pro-town thing to advocate. And it came out of nowhere.

Your posts have no town motivation. You're saying random shit with fancy sauce.

You're probably scum, so.

His vote was a direct result of what was said by that player almost immediately after he said it. I didn't see the vote to be without reasoning whatsoever and I made guesses as to what that reason was. I still maintain that not everyone is strictly logical in their approach the game.

I never once advocated that a player be policy lynched. I was curious if/when that player has been policy lynched in the past and one way to find that out is to ask if there is a posibility for them to be policy lynched in this game. Care to explain why this makes me look like scum?

LOL I have
NO
town motivation. That's a new one. I will admit to be rather spontaneous, but only so I can explain later. You shot first and didn't ask questions. Noted. You're the type of player who would want to policy lynch me every game because you have not idea how to read me accurately at this point in time.

You are assuming way too much about me and I thrive off of that. If you are convinced I am scum by day 3, you will never be able to read me accurately. You are both overestimating me and underestimating me at the same time which is really weird if you ask me. You are assuming all I am doing is coming up with BS answers that are not true and are not at all seeing how I am playing a tactical strategic game rather than a systematic game based on observation.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:51 am

In post 131, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 124, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 121, davesaz wrote:We both happened to be active, nothing more.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you have no problem lying. Not because I think you have lied in this thread yet necessarily.

Way to accuse him of lying without properly accusing him. You quoted a post and said he's a liar, but you haven't said whether he's *necessarily* lying in that post. Do you think he is or don't you, why the quiffling?

I'm trying to get info and that is all. Why can't you people understand this strategy???
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:00 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 125, zabing12 wrote:The other party doesn't have to be active for you to tunnel.

Umm, evidently you aren't reading the same thread as I am. First off, a half dozen or so posts is in no way a tunnel. Secondly, I'm interacting with plenty of other people.

Your post, however, would make a fine chainsaw if Lickety turned up mafia. Noted for future reference.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:06 am

In post 134, davesaz wrote:
In post 125, zabing12 wrote:The other party doesn't have to be active for you to tunnel.

Umm, evidently you aren't reading the same thread as I am. First off, a half dozen or so posts is in no way a tunnel. Secondly, I'm interacting with plenty of other people.

Your post, however, would make a fine chainsaw if Lickety turned up mafia. Noted for future reference.

I'm not even close to voting for you at this point fwiw.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Senator »

You're town.
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:13 am

In post 136, Senator wrote:

You're town.

ROFL.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:18 am

In post 129, MaxwellPuckett wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: zabing12, BTW.

Don't like your vote. Pushing inactive players is a waste of time of you're looking for interactions, so pushing actives makes sense. I don't think your vote is justified if that's your only reasoning.

I have to ask if you have a FoS on me as well.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Narninian »

WTF is with all this policy lynching Narninian nonsense.
No, I've never been policy lynched before not has it ever been suggested before this game.
Also, there is absolutely no reason to policy lynch me this game.

About LicketyQuickety:

Things I like:
Calling out HI on BS 'try hard' line
Trying to get conversation started and leave RVS out of the game

Things I don't like:
Calling a vote a Rolefish
Asking if I should be policy lynched for absolutely no reason
Talking about policy lynching him for no reason.
saying anything he does is fine because it gets information.
Constantly talking about how he is tactical and strategic.
The extra in is for /in
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Your guess is inflammatory and a misrepresentation. Its an accusation to something it couldn't possibly have been, probably in an attempt to tread the waters of voting Delibird.

You didn't ask if he'd been PL'd. You simply asked if you could PL them. That's incredibly anti-town at best. There should be zero reason for "hey I wonder if he's ever been policy lynched before" much less "hey, who's up for policy lynching this guy?" before we even hit ten pages in a twenty-one player game.

I don't need to ask you a Goddamn thing. You wear your intentions on your sleeve and those intentions aren't great. You're scum.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:38 am

In post 139, Narninian wrote:WTF is with all this policy lynching Narninian nonsense.
No, I've never been policy lynched before not has it ever been suggested before this game.
Also, there is absolutely no reason to policy lynch me this game.

About LicketyQuickety:

Things I like:
Calling out HI on BS 'try hard' line
Trying to get conversation started and leave RVS out of the game

Things I don't like:
Calling a vote a Rolefish
Asking if I should be policy lynched for absolutely no reason
Talking about policy lynching him for no reason.
saying anything he does is fine because it gets information.
Constantly talking about how he is tactical and strategic.

The policy lynch idea comes from how you said you are very poor at trying to convince people you are not scum regardless of alignment. I had to inquire about this to get an idea of what that means exactly.

Why don't you like the idea that a Vote can be a Rolefish, its certainly possible isn't it? CDB hinted they don't always disclose all their reasoning for things and I thought what better way to find out what the vote meant by
doing
something.
I never asked if you
should
be policy lynched. I inquired if that was a possibility and that is all.
Policy lynching "Him." who is him? I think its just an accidental word mistake but still have to ask.
What if I were to say that i would provide my reasoning later if asked about it?
I meantioned my playstyle twice, I am hardly constantly mentioning it. I am a hard player to read so I take liberties to tell about my playstyle so people can read me better as town.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:48 am

In post 140, Hostile Intent wrote:Your guess is inflammatory and a misrepresentation. Its an accusation to something it couldn't possibly have been, probably in an attempt to tread the waters of voting Delibird.

You didn't ask if he'd been PL'd. You simply asked if you could PL them. That's incredibly anti-town at best. There should be zero reason for "hey I wonder if he's ever been policy lynched before" much less "hey, who's up for policy lynching this guy?" before we even hit ten pages in a twenty-one player game.

I don't need to ask you a Goddamn thing. You wear your intentions on your sleeve and those intentions aren't great. You're scum.

You really need to learn how to quote people so its easier to follow who/what you are talking to/about.

I'm thinking its likely your scum at this point for being so sure I am scum

And yes, inflammatory and misdirection is my playstyle, thanks for noticing. I think I explained that I was trying to find info on the "I can't convince people I'm not scum" comment by Narn.

Ok, so what does PL mean again? I've never seen that before this game. I don't know anything about policy lynches or how often it happens which is another reason I asked about it.

If your so sure I wear my intentions on my sleeve, why are you wrong about your read on me?

Someone who is sure I am scum when I am town and they are town is not at all something that is new to me. I willing to guess that the person who made that same mitake has about 10+ years more experience than you in mafia, just fyi.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:50 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Lickety: At this stage you're my second FoS, not a great one though. I'm trying to figure out how to read you atm, so I wouldn't advocate for your lynch right now.

I don't like your answer about the lying thing, though. I still think that post sounds like you're trying to set yourself up to accuse him of lying later. There's poking to provoke a reaction, yes, but you poked at a personal trait of his. "You have no problem lying." That doesn't have anything to do with one specific game, that was a general statement about his play, or his personality, that I don't think has any place here. I also don't really agree with it, but that isn't the point I'm trying to make.

I don't know how much this will mean, as I've played exactly one game with Hostile before this, but their play is very similar to that last game. When they accuse people, they really accuse people. And I do agree with them about the lying guess, as I just said.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 am

In post 143, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Lickety: At this stage you're my second FoS, not a great one though. I'm trying to figure out how to read you atm, so I wouldn't advocate for your lynch right now.

I don't like your answer about the lying thing, though. I still think that post sounds like you're trying to set yourself up to accuse him of lying later. There's poking to provoke a reaction, yes, but you poked at a personal trait of his. "You have no problem lying." That doesn't have anything to do with one specific game, that was a general statement about his play, or his personality, that I don't think has any place here. I also don't really agree with it, but that isn't the point I'm trying to make.

I don't know how much this will mean, as I've played exactly one game with Hostile before this, but their play is very similar to that last game. When they accuse people, they really accuse people. And I do agree with them about the lying guess, as I just said.

Much like the way glasses girl here accuses people relentlessly, it is similar in approach to my style to some extent. I will sometimes make weird claims to get a read on if that claim has merit and is worth exploring or not. Sorry Narn, I have to tell people about my playstyle because otherwise people will never know what the heck I am doing and this speeds up the process for people trusting my town game.

Thanks for the info on whats her face. that's exactly the kind of stuff that I need to know to get a more accurate read on someone.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

I don't need to learn to do anything because clearly you're keeping up. Thanks, though.

You're scum-reading me... for scum-reading you. OMGUS before the vote noted. So you're a ten-year veteran... but you don't know what PL means. Your pompous nature isn't going to drop my scum read on your slot. Actual scum hunting and providing content that isn't insipidly convoluted will. I've no qualms with being wrong. Thing is, though, that your LAMIST attitude doesn't convince me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:03 am

He will not be reacting to your pressure in the way you think, just fyi.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:13 am

In post 145, Hostile Intent wrote:I don't need to learn to do anything because clearly you're keeping up. Thanks, though.

You're scum-reading me... for scum-reading you. OMGUS before the vote noted. So you're a ten-year veteran... but you don't know what PL means. Your pompous nature isn't going to drop my scum read on your slot. Actual scum hunting and providing content that isn't insipidly convoluted will. I've no qualms with being wrong. Thing is, though, that your LAMIST attitude doesn't convince me.

What OMGUS are you talking about? I am not a ten year veteran, I said there was a player who was an 18 year veteran who read me as mafia when they were town and I was town and they were willing to have one of us for sure get lynched for it and I mean she put herself on the line and put me on the line as well. It was a weird mechanic in the game that I played with her in that situation. I have only completed 6 games of forum mafia and my face-to-face experience is next to none. And yes, I have no idea what PL mean. Could you please tell me what it means? I guess you could say that in my total experience of being in mafia games, my scum hunting comes for myself looking suspicions. *shrug* And what the heck does "LAMIST" mean or stand for?

Would really like to hear from CDB right now.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Ah, I misintepreted that last bit. Duh me.

PL is short for policy lynch.

LAMIST is short for Look At Me I'm So Town.

You said you're scum-reading me for scum-reading you. You said that. That's OMGUS without the vote.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:25 am

In post 148, Hostile Intent wrote:Ah, I misintepreted that last bit. Duh me.

PL is short for policy lynch.

LAMIST is short for Look At Me I'm So Town.

You said you're scum-reading me for scum-reading you. You said that. That's OMGUS without the vote.

I'm waiting to see what others have to say about our interaction before I throw a vote in your direction. If you've been paying attention, I threatened a vote on someone else with my Unvote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”