Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

Suisun, you're running with the assumption that's we're guaranteed to hit a PR. We're not. We're far more likely to hit a vanilla town, which isn't that big a loss and, again, affords us more information when we're late in the game.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Saint »

I'm marritza but I'm really not
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

Elaborate.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Saint »

I said all I know
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Saint »

I'm a guy surgically altered
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Saint »

In post 212, Saint wrote:I'm a pencil pusher who isn't important who had himself kris jennered to look like a heinous war criminal relating to the keeping up with the cardassians because I feel guilty about how they treated the bajorans...
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

You don't have the name of the person you're meant to look like?
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by Saint »

I said it ... Marritzan
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Saint »

I don't know my real name tho and I haven't seen the episode I'm more into original or tng
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Wait, your role PM doesn't include your character's actual name?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:20 pm

STAND DOWN. I forgot he didn't get a real name on the show.
#greenshirtthursdays
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Saint »

It says I'm an unimportant low ranking clerk and implies my name is trivial other than the name of who I am impersonatin
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Saint »

This is making me want to watch ds9
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 210, LittleGumball wrote:kk so I'm trying to find literally any conversation without Lick in it (bc I want to try to read other people) and it's the hardest thing ever. From what I can see I like Hostile, I think they're probably town so far. As far as I know I'm okay with Maxwell. I'm wary of Sinsun because I find no lynches on Day One to be a complete waste of time (reading back, the immediate 3rd party assumption is a bit sketchy but I can see where he's coming from). I'm in agreement with Channel, I'd rather Lick be Vig'd than lynched, I was just thinking that earlier.

That's about all I can get a read for at this point.

I would really prefer to be lynched over vig killed. I am strong about that and I not going to give my reason now.

In post 216, Sinsun1 wrote:
In post 162, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Way to make a 180 on you 1st day policy on lynches.

Really?

In post 150, Sinsun1 wrote:
I may change my vote if something comes up that cannot be ignored,

Skim much?

As far as the third party assumption, it really is not that far of a stretch. What happens if we didn't guess his name by Day 3 or he got killed before then? Do any of you stop and think the dangers of something so obvious? I am wary of his role as that is an oddity. What benefit does town get from guessing his role? Or better yet, what disadvantage does it put us at?

CDB quotes the question with a "I can see myself voting sinsun soon". Because nobody else actually thought about it? A game THIS size to not have some sort of 3rd party in play would be insane. Your guess is as good as mine as to which 3rd parties are in play and the host has even stated himself, a game this size, he may create his own roles separate from the wiki. So noted as not wanting anyone to analyze the fact that a 3rd party most likely exists.

All this talk about a vig and people hopping off so quickly. The point of votes is to initially get a CLAIM from a scummy player. Then if we deem their playing to be scummy compared to their claim then we go in for the lynch/vig.

Saint claiming Miller this early on with no real pressure? Noted and questioning motives there.

Also LQ... "failsafe vote to keep others from voting him". Your logic is so flawed it's almost a policy lynch at this point on you unless your claim is good I am staying on with my vote.

Those hoping off the LQ voting, obviously their reasons are not the same as mine. At this point LQ is either going to be a useful town PR or a dead man walking with his poor threats towards others.

FP'd 5 times: No Lynches Day 1 provides the max usage of PRs in the night. My question is, out of ALL of the games you've ever played, what is the percentage you've lynched mafia during Day 1 while being town? I assume it's under 50%. The chance of killing off a Town PR Day 1 in a game this size is much higher than 6-10 player games.

I find people who push Day 1 lynches turn out to be scum more often than not. Pressuring for a claim or 2 or if someone is SUPER scummy throughout the day (or town would be better off without them) then voting someone is fine. But to just random vote and hope to get mafia when you have no clue what sort of roles are in play, ha. I don't know how many times I've witnessed Doctor, Cop, Tracker, Watcher, Vig, Mason, etc being taken out Day 1 due to poor "reads". I'd prefer them getting some info in the night to use when they are being put up on the block the next day so we get at least SOME information to work with instead of complete WIFOM Day 1.

But if you're some superb scum hunter and have lynched mafia over 50% of your games Day 1, please link them all to me. I'd be glad to have such a pro scum hunter pushing for a Day 1 lynch. If you cannot produce that request, then kindly bugger off and realise we both have our own opinions on Day 1 lynches.

FP'd once more.

Excellent post minus the "Really" comment. What purpose does that serve? I also have problem with the huge appearent contradiction which was not explained one bit about how you are against 1st day lynches but vote me without being strong about how I did something all the sudden to warrant an exception to your view on first day lynches.

In post 224, Narninian wrote:day 1 lynches (at least here) don't just randomly happen.
It takes pressure to get to the point where somebody is actually in danger of being lynched.
If there are multiple wagons then it takes pressure for one to be picked over the other.
Mafia will be involved at some point and we get information.

No lynch is not something I'd agree to.

I see pretty much nothing wrong with this post. It is a very good way to show why 1st day lynches are a good thing.

In post 225, Hostile Intent wrote:Suisun, you're running with the assumption that's we're guaranteed to hit a PR. We're not. We're far more likely to hit a vanilla town, which isn't that big a loss and, again, affords us more information when we're late in the game.

And your under the assumption that we have VT in this game.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Wait, no, Jesus, I can't even read Memory Alpha coherently.

Saint, explicit yes or no answer: Is Marritza the person whom you are pretending to be?

PEDIT: You really should watch it, Saint. Although season 1 has its teething problems, your character's episode is fantastic and it grows to be the best Trek, IMO. This is the last time I will go on about how much I love the show, though. Promise.
#greenshirtthursdays
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Saint »

Yes
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm

LQ, if you are quoting a particularly long post, could you please in future either snip out the parts of it that you're not directly addressing or just link to it instead?
#greenshirtthursdays
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 241, ChannelDelibird wrote:LQ, if you are quoting a particularly long post, could you please in future either snip out the parts of it that you're not directly addressing or just link to it instead?

I'll be linking posts if I make a long response from now on granted I figure out the right way to do it.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:32 pm

In post 240, Saint wrote:Yes

OK. In the context of the show, this is factually inaccurate. Aamin Marritza, the office clerk, was impersonating Gul Darhe'el, a Cardassian war criminal.

Very tempted just to straight vote you right here. I feel like Monkeyman, a huge fan of the show who just recently rewatched season one before starting this game, should know well enough to get the names right here. However, due to the somewhat slapdash nature of the role PMs in this game, I can just ever so slightly buy that maybe something got mixed up.

I'm trying to go through all the possibilities here. If you're scum whose flavour has nothing to do with Gul Darhe'el or anything about that episode, then Marritza the miller is a pretty great fakeclaim to have dug out of nowhere when you didn't have to, especially if no safeclaims were provided (I don't know about that - anyone got links to Monkey's previous theme games? - but the nature of the PMs again makes me want to guess that they possibly don't). If safeclaims were provided, Marritza's far from an impossible one and that might explain why you botched the flavour.

Conflicted. Would appreciate others' thoughts.
#greenshirtthursdays
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by Saint »

vote: davesaz
he doesn't know he's voting me so this isn't your ordinary omgus. I actually have a minor case on him I'll explain. His interaction with lq feels weird to me like there is scum in there . I also don't like the train of thought he was going down regarding the claim. It felt like he was looking for a reason to build a wagon for the sake of waiting on town to mess up and get a mislynch. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but I hope I'm not and we lynch here

Ok I got p ninja let me go to my damn role hold on god
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Saint »

No I am surgically altered to be appearing marritza the war criminal so check your facts cdb
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:37 pm

#greenshirtthursdays
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Saint »

Well I don't know you might be right but it says I'm marritza then it says I'm impersonating marritza so that's the only name I am provided
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Saint »

I feel like it's mod error and given the timing of my claim it supports me as town. No pressure. If you want to vote me go ahead but you'll be sad
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Do I seriously have to be the one who tells you to PM the mod about it?
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”