Newbie 1608: Snow Cones (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

votecount 1.02
Bulbazoor (1):
Rosen
Rosen (2):
Reubus Swagrid (SE), Bulbazoor
Reubus Swagrid (1):
enomis (IC)
Keyser Söze (2):
Fraggernaut, superbowl9

Not Voting:
MiteyMouse (SE), Mantisdreamz (SE), Keyser Söze

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch

The deadline is June 1st, 9:50 PM EST.
Countdown:
(expired on 2015-06-01 21:50:00)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Lots of null reads, and I'm your single scum read, that's helpful! :shifty: I'd recommend looking closer at others. Otherwise, when/if you find out I'm town you'll be lost at sea, with only your 100 page-essays about me to reminiscence with, and zero reads on the actual blood-thirsty scum.

"I disagree with 96" - come on, do you honestly think the only 2 mafia would both vote for someone this early. IMO, one or none. (I don't think even newb mafia would do this).

"I can barely make sense of his posts" - I think Bulbazoorus' first language is not English - either way, I can feel his passion and emotion emanating from his posts.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

@GuyInFreezer
, didn't I unvote properly?

You have, but usually votes at the end of the side or in middle of the sentence are easy to miss. Fixed.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

3 pages so far, what would you be expecting? Null reads are pretty much what you'd expect with like 5-10 posts per user average.
I don't think it's implausible. It'd definitely be something I'd at least take into consideration, if there were more evidence to back up said team.
"I can feel his passion and emotion emanating from his posts."
So I guess we're even in the "embarrassing things said" category then.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 99, superbowl9 wrote:I figure since I asked keyser for a reads list, mahz well make one of my own. It's only courteous. This post might be a long one though, but if you couldn't tell that's kinda my style.

Keyser: Scummy, I've said a lot about him already and I'm sure there'll be more to come.
Bulbazoor: I can barely make sense of his posts, nor do I have any idea what he's thinking, so I'm gonna have to go with noob-null. I'll look into him more later probably.
Frag: Null-town, majority of what he's said has been pretty logical IMO
Mitey: Null-town, pretty much same as Frag. Also my mafia experience is a couple games on epicmafia and like half a game here. So near none.
Reubus: Null scummish: Something about his posts kind of feels off to me, want to hear more from him.
Rosen: Town. All his posts seem really sincere to me.
Enomis: Ugh IC play is tough to judge. When he answers my question I think I'll be able to make a read on him but I guess null for now.
Mantis: Null

Woah it was kinda short
Oh wait another keyser post

I disagree with . I think it's a bit early for thinking about teams, I'd want one pegged scum first or at least some more developed reads. I don't think it's entirely unlikely, especially in a newbie game, that someone could use an odd strategy or make some sort of early gambit. However yes I agree wtf was with that soft post that apparently wasn't a soft? This is what I mean by bulba's play being confusing, not to mention the surplus of spelling and grammar errors.

Ohp one more

The only thing I want to respond to here is the second point, which I think is logical to a degree, but it's really dependent upon the style of the player. Personally I don't think I'd be the talkative scum type (uh oh self meta), but others may very well be this way.

I believe your Keyser read to be solid, but solid enough to give me a reason to shift my vote. What I don't agree with is your reasoning for a town read on Rosen; sincerity can easily be feigned and it shouldn't be used as a sole reason to townread someone, it's more just icing on top of the towncake.

In post 91, Bulbazoor wrote:I coukd clear myself if I wanted to.

I find this post surprising, I know of no way to clear yourself D1 other than being an Innocent Child, a role that isn't in this setup

@super #67 you talk about Keyser over analysing Bulba, what's your take on that? I'd rather have more content to work with than less for sure but what do you think the trajectory of his Bulba analysis was aimed toward? Misguided or scummy?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

*not* solid enough that should say
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 95, Bulbazoor wrote:I really feel a vote count can help us at this stage. My rosen vote will not be changing as she still hasnt gotten that scum vibe off my back and i feel she still isnt defending agains my position. All she says is " oh his reason changed." I never changed reason and I never said anything to indicate i did. Rosen seems to not understand how as time passes, you notice things about their posts that werent there since the beginning. As they post new things, their style changes. You see the different style in their play besides the useless rvs at the beginning of play.

I dont see why everyone is on me because of one sentence. I suggest you start reading my other lines also.

I've read your other lines and I'm not convinced that it's just one sentence that is drawing attention to you.

In post 58, Bulbazoor wrote:Ill anwer all your concerns with me.

I would like to start out with reu and that "idk" comment. By that comment I just wanted to see everyone elses foses. Im not following the crowd, as you see in votes. Reu, why is it you are looking so much into me and enomis and are not even looking at the other players.

Bulba, why is it you are looking so much into Rosen and not even looking at the other players?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

@Mitey & Enomis
Do you have any reads as of yet?

@GIF
Requesting replacement for Mantisdreamz
Rosen
Rosen
Townie
Rosen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Rosen »

In post 75, Keyser Söze wrote:@Rosen: "How'd Enomis take the words out of your mouth about Bulba when his post 31 was about Reubus?"

Sorry, will try to explain as clearly as possible:

Enomis said "How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote?"

I ISO'd Enomis and ctrl-f didn't bring that up. Either I'm bad at ctrl-f, or you're paraphrasing a post. Which number post would I find it in?
---
Mitey 82: I've played one game of mafia total. Prior to playing mafia, I read along a few of them on another forum.
---
Bulb 89: In 55, you say "I fos rosen because of how se seems to ignore my vote on her", which seems like it's meant to explain the fos you put down. Maybe you're missing some words. Keyser brings up a possibly mitigating point in 101 though: Is English a secondary language for you?
---
In post 90, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 72, Rosen wrote:Enomis 37 and 69: Twice you've asked us to say you're scum. Is there a guilty conscience at play?

There she goes agin. Asking little useless questions. Saying " am i scum to you" and being scum are two different things.

Wow, total dismissal right after you ask in 89: "But, can you atleast see things from my Pov?".

Either you're unwilling to practice what you preach, or you have unique information that makes this question seem useless to you.

If you don't see the point of that line of inquiry, I'll explain: sometimes scum players feel bad about being scum. I find it peculiar that Enomis would posit himself as you as scum in his hypotheticals, instead of just saying that you're hypothetically scum. He adds an unnecessary complication to the example by self-inserting as scum, and I think that can indicate guilt. But you flatly dismiss it as useless, so perhaps you know better?
---
In post 93, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 92, Fraggernaut wrote:My experience in Mafia is very minimum. I've played one game of video Mafia, & the terms are different.

Bulb was that a soft?

Well, please hit me if you want to. Spank me please.

What? Does not follow.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

VOTE: fraggernaut
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

"I ISO'd Enomis and ctrl-f didn't bring that up." - yeah, check post 31. He was quoting some Rampage textbook or something, so wouldn't appear on his ISO [topic was RVS vs RQS, I believe.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by enomis »

@keyer:

I don't understand your post 73. I don't udnerstand the first part of your post 74 too.
keyer wrote:It was quite clear I was being sarcastic. Idk if anyone else agrees. I was waiting for someone to naively bite on that... :lol:

And what's your conclusion on people who naively bite on it? Seems to me you are doing a lot of pointless reaction testing and they don't even give any information.

@superbowl:

I got the feeling that he was trying to use textbook to defend himself. I find it mroe likely for scum to do that, although it wasn't a particular strong read, it is a place to start.

@rosen:

I do analogy using me as an example all the time. You can go meta me.

--------------

I will go reread the thread soon.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

"naive biters" - opportunistic scum, in this case, mafia.

"Seems to me you are doing a lot of pointless reaction testing and they don't even give any information."

False. Nothing is ever pointless. Whatever you post is in black and white to be analyzed later.
Current reads from one-on-one:

town-read: fragg, Super
Scum-read: enomis

I find it interesting that you voted Reubus when he was at L-2, and now you say all my work has been "pointless"... I believe you keep focusing on the players under heat and not concerned with the passengers. My earlier posts: I was wondering why you wanted me to stop over-analyzing on bulba: I think you already know his alignment, so if he flipped, you'd gain town cred.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 111, enomis wrote:
@keyer:

I don't understand your post 73. I don't udnerstand the first part of your post 74 too.

Post 73 in simple summary: My understanding on Fragg changed from scum reaction to town reaction.

Post 74 in simple summary: You spoke from the perspective of scum again.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Mantisdreamz' two posts so far:

In post 7, Mantisdreamz wrote:good evening

In post 109, Mantisdreamz wrote:VOTE: fraggernaut

Mantis is a "Semi-experienced [SE] player" so I would imagine if she was scum she wouldn't dare let these be her only two contributions so far.
I'll town-read her for this.

Too busy to contribute for the first 48 hours, but not too busy to vote for Fragganator! :lol:

VOTE: enomis
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 96, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 92, Fraggernaut wrote:My experience in Mafia is very minimum. I've played one game of video Mafia, & the terms are different.

Fraggs, evening. Would you agree with this scenario:

I realise your vote is on me right now... but imagine that I'm "town" for one moment :D
I believe there are only two votes on me at the moment, you and Super (two townies I trust for now).
Would you agree that your two votes on me, makes it
unlikely
that both of you are the two mafia?
It's either one of you are, or none.
i.e I believe it would be foolish for the 2 mafia to wagon the same person. It would either be 1 or none.
Agree?
[Maybe something to look at later if I'm NK'd/lynched]

In post 92, Fraggernaut wrote:

Bulb was that a soft?

Yes, a roleclaim was not needed this early under no pressure :shifty:

MOD
, where are you? - vote count please.
PRAYING
MANTIS
, where are you? - please contribute.

I would agree that, that scenario would be one or none out of the two votes that were placed on you. Only thing I saw about this post honestly, was that you invited me to agree with your opinion, which you spent quite a bit of harping Bulb for. I'm reading Keyser more town for now, but I could also just be niave & being pocketed really hard.

Also Bulb is slowly climbing into my scum circle, for his soft but wasn't really a soft. Seemed like a really odd thing to do, & stating that you could clear yourself if you wanted to leads me to believe that you're privy to some info others aren't.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 109, Mantisdreamz wrote:VOTE: fraggernaut

Mantis I would like to hear some reasoning or reads behind your vote please.

Also
Unvote Keyser
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:21 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 115, Fraggernaut wrote:Only thing I saw about this post honestly, was that you invited me to agree with your opinion, which you spent quite a bit of harping Bulb for

That is true, I was asking for your agreement, but it was directed at only you (it wasn't a mass plea for approval to everyone).

In post 115, Fraggernaut wrote:Also Bulb is slowly climbing into my scum circle, for his soft but wasn't really a soft. Seemed like a really odd thing to do, & stating that you could clear yourself if you wanted to leads me to believe that you're privy to some info others aren't.

I felt it was unnecessary. But judging by his vulnerable/defensive disposition: "Well, please hit me if you want to. Spank me please" - I feel like if someone pushed him, he would roleclaim. The fact he said "I coukd clear myself if I wanted to" means only one thing in my eyes, and it would be anti-town to broadcast it.

Bulbazoor now has the dilemna of living up to that
promise
when the time comes :mrgreen: - but I don't think that time should be now.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:39 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Seems like Bulb may be attempting to save face after being pushed on by softing. He softs then denies he softed.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:11 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 25, Bulbazoor wrote:What a pokist. Hey guys!

OK, I now understand what he and the others were on about. They're all pokemon fans. Image

In post 28, Bulbazoor wrote:Btw guys. My fos now is

VOTE: Rosen

Reason is her intro seems forced to me. Idk if anyone else agrees.

Ok, so post 28 is when Bulbazoor announces his FINGEROFSUSPICION and posts his VOTE on Rosen. Reason? "her intro seems forced to me". Simple.

But here is when things get muddied:

In post 55, Bulbazoor wrote:I fos rosen because of how se seems to ignore my vote on her. She i not even responding to me and the vote. If you are going to do so, please respond. To my vote Rosen. I would like some input from super and mantis also

Obviously, Rosen now flags Bulbazoor's post 55, when he now announces his FINGEROFSUSPICION was "how [she] seems to ignore my vote on her. She [is] not even responding to me and the vote".

Therefore, Rosen is confused about the two different reasons for his SUSPICION:

1) "her intro seems forced to me"

vs

2) "how [she] seems to ignore my vote on her. She [is] not even responding to me and the vote".

Therefore, Bulbazoor has either:

- had two seperate reasons for his FOS on Rosen
- he has changed his FOS and reasons, but not acknowledged it yet
- or he is confused
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 106, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
In post 95, Bulbazoor wrote:I really feel a vote count can help us at this stage. My rosen vote will not be changing as she still hasnt gotten that scum vibe off my back and i feel she still isnt defending agains my position. All she says is " oh his reason changed." I never changed reason and I never said anything to indicate i did. Rosen seems to not understand how as time passes, you notice things about their posts that werent there since the beginning. As they post new things, their style changes. You see the different style in their play besides the useless rvs at the beginning of play.

I dont see why everyone is on me because of one sentence. I suggest you start reading my other lines also.

I've read your other lines and I'm not convinced that it's just one sentence that is drawing attention to you.

In post 58, Bulbazoor wrote:Ill anwer all your concerns with me.

I would like to start out with reu and that "idk" comment. By that comment I just wanted to see everyone elses foses. Im not following the crowd, as you see in votes. Reu, why is it you are looking so much into me and enomis and are not even looking at the other players.

Bulba, why is it you are looking so much into Rosen and not even looking at the other players?

Did you even see my post. You and rose are my top scums. Enomis nullish scummish lean. Key town. Mantis null. Super towny. Mitey towny. I only get on rose because they never answer my question. Ill ask it again.... Why arent you paying attention to me and seem to be ignoring me alot.

That post coukd have easily been a soft. Its up to your interpretation. Though
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

How is it scummy to soft frag? What if i was a special role softing then denying to remove scum trying to kill me.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Im feeling the need to swithc to reu or enomis. Ill consider unvoting, but dont say its guaranteed. Whoever said im confused about my reason, it is true. It is also true i have two reasons to scumread rosen. She seems forced and she completely ignores my reasoning. She just jumps on to " oh lets mark him as scum."
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 112, Keyser Söze wrote:"naive biters" - opportunistic scum, in this case, mafia.

"Seems to me you are doing a lot of pointless reaction testing and they don't even give any information."

False. Nothing is ever pointless. Whatever you post is in black and white to be analyzed later.
Current reads from one-on-one:

town-read: fragg, Super
Scum-read: enomis

I find it interesting that you voted Reubus when he was at L-2, and now you say all my work has been "pointless"... I believe you keep focusing on the players under heat and not concerned with the passengers. My earlier posts: I was wondering why you wanted me to stop over-analyzing on bulba:
My earlier posts: I was wondering why you wanted me to stop over-analyzing on bulba: I think you already know his alignment, so if he flipped, you'd gain town cred.

What do you mean? Are you hopping onto the Bulbazoor bw? It seems now everyone is getting unto me for my soft. If it was a soft, what would be your reaction if you got me lynched and soft was true?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Guys I feel im going to unvote because, well, im giving rosen more time to answer her questions and im giving more time for me to scumhunt.

UNVOTE:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”