Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Narninian »

1) I'm having a hard to buying your claim --- I'm not discounting it either but I could easily see it being a scum ploy
2) It was *Really* dumb to get to the point where you had to claim that role this early. I wasn't pushing for it admittedly but you were hinting at hidden knowledge
3) if dying at night doesn't prevent the day skip its probably better to 'get it over' with than spend all town resources trying to protect you.
The extra in is for /in
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Narninian »

*was pushing
The extra in is for /in
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Going to reread the thread tomorrow and give some things I have observed... I think. Not sure what the post is going to look like exactly, but going to make a post about it.
Right now I have to go to bed and I didn't get a chance to reread the thread becasuse my girl friend called
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Gene Roddenberry sounds like a made-up claim from scum without fakeclaims.

If Senator is claiming supersaint, we should have Lickety hammer him Today. That's clearly the best move here.

Also, vomit. Everywhere.

VOTE: Senator

I'm now going V/LA for Orlandomeet and Raleigh. Will be on the iPad 'til the 6th.
#greenshirtthursdays
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by Saint »

im going to catch up on this when i wakeup. im gonna watch SKT and have a late late late meal and then go to bed. had to league it up when i got out of the hospital
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Senator »

Im not actually SS you tard.
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Senator »

But I like how you're lining up like a scum in a PL buffet.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Senator »

vote: CDB
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:50 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Lickety is going to be the nightkill if he's actually Beloved so... no point in using our lynch on him now, really.

Also echoing Senator, Delibird, Senator's claim was very obviously a joke. He prefaced it with "let's all claim negative town roles!".
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:59 am

Post by The Archmage Ludicrous »

In post 404, Sinsun1 wrote:That is only half a claim LQ. What's the name as well? Can't forget that part.

Anyway, I just refreshed my mind on what that role is and obviously there are no VT's. With 3 roles now that are weaker than a VT and actually HINDER town, we have to have a bunch of PRs. This is why I am not comfortable with Day 1 lynches. Right now if we were to lynch anyone besides myself, LQ or Saint, chances are, we'd hit one of our PRs.

I see no one has answered my question yet. So I will re-ask it this time with hopes of answers.

Does everyone's characters give them their role flavour?

Mine has a flavor. It is purpleberry flavored. Delicious.

Look at your character and role and figure it out.

In post 408, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Lmao sorry. That bolded part was just a joke. Like when you go to a fortune teller and they tell you all this vague stuff?

Also, goof point. LQ, what's your role name?

I think all of the roles have flavour, but the fact that you're asking at all is weird. Sinsun. Of course they do. This is a large theme run by someone who is a big fan of that theme. Why are you asking?

Do you think I should finish watching the first season of Deep Space 9 for this game? I watched the first twoish episodes, but haven't touched it in ages. It started off a bit slow, IMO. Is it worth?

In post 423, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 385, LicketyQuickety wrote:

i BELIEVE THERE TO BE NO VT IN THIS GAME

I AM A BELOVED PRINCE

See how easy it is to remove all the unnecessary quotes.

There are almost certainly VT/Citizens in this game.

Beloved Prince. :facepalm: Crap, why did you have to get that role?

I can kind of see where that suspicion is coming from. In a game with heavy flavor, it makes sense to have a set of pseudo-townies rather than actual VTs. Roles like mine, that are mostly vanilla town, but not actually.

In post 428, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 426, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 424, Nero Cain wrote:that LQ wagon is scummy as shit and everyone on it needs to die.

LQ annoys and disrupts Town. He's be an excellent policy lynch.

However, since he decided to claim, he'll probably be tonight's NK.

Oy, this Day... :(

Please explain why you are still advocating for my lynch?

I don't think she is. I think she's saying that she thinks its a good policy lynch, but not a good actual lynch. If you follow? It's a terrible play as town to lynch you. In fact, we shouldn't lynch you at all, off of this claim. If scum doesn't use a night kill at some point to kill you, and you're telling the truth, it's an awful play on their part. The only reason I see for them not to NK you is if they're going for some bullshit mindgames play or they're afraid of a doctor.

So we leave you alive 'till the end of the game. If we win before we get to lylo, then we win. If we get to lylo then we lynch you. If you live until lylo, you're scum, because scum could kill you and cause a double kill and win the night before lylo if you were town in that case. If you're scum, you're making a stupid gambit with that claim: you have just engineered a situation in which you are 100% confirmed scum, and because of the nature of the game, you have to create that situation in order to win.

So, town doesn't lynch you unless it's Lylo. The only time it's not worth is if you're some impossibly powerful mafia role, like Lawyer-Strongman-Ninja-Godfather-Robot-Cyborg-Pirate or something.

The only people who have any motivation to lynch you at this point in time are scum, who can get a double kill on potentially two PRs by getting you lynched instead of NK'd. Anyone still voting you is either scum or a ninny. That's
Marcrell, Sinsun1, Saint, Zabing12, and Narninian—get off of the LQ wagon ASAP. It's 100% pro-town to leave LQ alive.

In post 429, Nero Cain wrote:On
this
site, you claim early (like he did) but its been abused by scum lately.

That's what I meant, thanks.

In post 439, Hostile Intent wrote:Getting rid of LQ before we lose a day over him actually sounds like a good idea.

I know its anti-town, but seriously. We're losing twice the amount of roles and having twice as long a night phase.

Lynching him is better for our longevity and sanity, really.

Let's look at this from three perspectives:

If you're town, this is like saying "I know this sticks a giant spiked rod up my rectum, but I think we should do it anyways. It will make me feel more comfortable." I see no reason why town should stick with the LQ lynch.

If you're independent, this is like saying "I know that this harms town. We should do it." If you're independent, you're either someone who benefits from seeing a lot of people dead (SK—double benefit if LQ is telling the truth), or someone who benefits from an early game end (Survivalist).

If you're scum, you're saying, "I know it's scummy for me to say, but we should kill LQ. It would be good for me." I'm uncertain with the idea that scum would say something like this.

I won't withhold the possibility of HostileIntent being scum, but I'm getting a bit of an Independent read from HI.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:08 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I think Hostile was under the impression that the Beloved Prince effect wouldn't activate if LQ were lynched. That's one of the variations, but LQ just explained that the day will be skipped whether or not they are lynched or shot at night.

See: "Getting rid of LQ before we lose a day over him actually sounds like a good idea." Hostile wasn't sure which kind of Beloved Prince was being used at that time, so I don't think that this post of their is anti-town with that in mind.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 424, Nero Cain wrote:that LQ wagon is scummy as shit and everyone on it needs to die.

this
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Narninian »

I still think he's scum and that it'd be better to get the day skip out of the way earlier.
The extra in is for /in
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Senator »

Who is LQ? who is his character?
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Narninian »

dunno, but gene roddenberry sounds like a bullshit claim.
The extra in is for /in
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Er, no, getting the day skip 'out of the way' does not mean wasting our lynch on him ourselves. It's already been explained very concisely by Archmage that you'll be able to lynch him if he's scum. Scum are very likely to NK him tonight anyways, and if they don't, I can understand you wanting to lynch him yourself. Not today, though. Today is a terrible day to lynch LQ.

So get off the wagon you donut.

Senator: LQ is the Beloved Prince apparently, and his character is the creator of the show, whatever-his-name-is.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:19 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Maybe it IS bullshit, but it's still not in our best interests to lynch LQ today. At LEAST, if you have to get the rope ready, kill him tomorrow when there is a bit more evidence that he's scum. I want to use the D1 lynch on something useful.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 408, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Lmao sorry. That bolded part was just a joke. Like when you go to a fortune teller and they tell you all this vague stuff?

Also, goof point. LQ, what's your role name?

I think all of the roles have flavour, but the fact that you're asking at all is weird. Sinsun. Of course they do. This is a large theme run by someone who is a big fan of that theme. Why are you asking?

Please read the last time I posted asking that question. It's only seen now because I made it large, bold and coloured. I am starting the first season tonight and want to be on the lookout for possible cult faction in this game which would be the biggest danger we face if we don't catch it early on.

UNVOTE: LQ

I do not believe his role one bit, but TAL has a point. One flaw in TAL's statement however. How do we know when we are at LYLO? That requires knowledge that town does not have.

Anyway, I am gong to start the series now and try to figure out the type of powers we may have and the type of enemies/3rd parties that we may face. Not saying I will be perfect, but it's good to do with nothing else on the table. That being said, we have 4 claims/partial claims on the table.

LQ ~ Beloved Prince ~ (Forgot name)
Saint ~ Miller ~ (Forgot name)
TAL ~ ??? ~ Rumplestiltskin
Sinsun ~ (Weaker than VT) ~ ???

The only reason I have said what I have said is to further my point in my belief that VTs do not exist in this game. Otherwise town would be easily overpowered if there are only 2-3 PRs with 3 NEGATIVE roles (when compared to a normal VT).

FP'd like 8-10 times. XD
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:30 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Just want to clarify, Sinsun, you mean that town would be //underpowered// with all those neagtive roles, yes?

At least you unvoted LQ.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:48 am

Post by LittleGumball »

who's going to lynch sinsun and/or zabing with me
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:56 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Zabing is a better lynch imo. I want to see more of Sinsun before I decide. At least, unlike Narninian, he's finally unvoted LQ.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:03 am

Post by LittleGumball »

Zabing hasn't either. But I do think that anyone that stayed on the Lickety lynch for so long is very suspicious.
zabing12
zabing12
Townie
zabing12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:09 am

Post by zabing12 »

Oops, sorry about that. I've been off the internet for a while.

UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:10 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Alright, zabing, do you have any other thoughts about the game? Do you believe the claims that have been made so far? What do you think of Gumball and I voting for you?
zabing12
zabing12
Townie
zabing12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:23 am

Post by zabing12 »

I think that I haven't contributed to the game enough for either of you to call an alignment on me, and I think that the claim the Lickety makes could just be bullshit to save his ass from the lynch we were going for. I think that mafia wouldn't kill lickety tonight, since he's disruptive and very confusing to others, creating more chaos for the mafia to rule over. They would probably kill a more level headed player, one who was spitting out facts and making sense of things. That said, If there are bodygaurds

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”