vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by vonflare »

Ok then.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

No, I agree with some of them. I think you're town, wanderer, as well as RC and CB.

I'm saying that just staying with those reads 'because Nacho said so' is a bad idea, and ignores new information. I didn't ever say they were bad reads.

So Wanderer, does that mean you also think we should never, ever shoot anyone on that list?
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 689, pablito wrote:First matter of business. Nacho proposed a short list of "do not shoot" people. I want to see those on the list to comment on whether they agree with this plan or not. I also want those not on the list to comment on whether they think following Nacho's idea of a "do not shoot" list.

The theory itself is ironclad. If there's a town bloc of 4, it's mathematically impossible to lose.

I'm not so sure if CB should be on the list. Antihero thinks so, though. :S
I'm also not so sure if RC should be on the list, unless julien flips vengeful.

Side note to CB: I'm going to go ahead and brag
a little bit
OK, I'm going to brag a lot and say you don't get a record like ours by being hopelessly dissonant. Click into our wiki sometime to see what I mean.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Sure, if you get 4 people to treat as town for the whole game, and they're town, we're golden. But declaring those four before any flips? Not gonna work. You can win almost any mafia game if you can pick a group of people as 'for sure town'. It's just too difficult to actually do effectively, and if scum is one of those four, we're done. Well, not done, I think you can still win in that case, but only because you would realize that the numbers were off once it got to end-game.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@Maxwell: The people on the town-list are not to be shot too soon. All us on there are talkative and that will be more helpful later in the game than lurkers. And what no flips? Pablito was there and he flipped town so I don't know what you're talking about. Do you mean scum-flips? Well instead of talking about not trusting the townbloc how about finding actual scum? You have townreads on all those on the list except Heartless. Make your case on him then instead.

Day 1 I wanted to go for active. I have changed my mind about that. I want to go shoot lurkers. And I want everybody to make a list of the order in which they want the lurkers to be shot. I'll go make mine right now. Oh, this is in addition to the referendum, of which I hope Pablito can make a couple for us to respond to as well.

The lurkers are: millar, vonflare, Lucky, Feirei, Flubber, and Jeanne. Is there anyone else that should be added to this list? I have put people on the list that didn't post actual content, I'm not counting vonflare's readslist and his defense thereof because he hasn't done anything since then.

My order of preference to shoot (most to least): vonfalre - Lucky - millar - jeanne - Flubber - Feirei
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 1:57 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 702, Heartless wrote:OK, I'm going to brag a lot and say you don't get a record like ours...

a record you almost lost in my game :lol:
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Heartless »

We lynched scum Day 1 and died Night 1. I think we did quite a bit to further our win condition under the circumstances.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 704, Wanderer-nl wrote:My order of preference to shoot (most to least): vonfalre - Lucky - millar - jeanne - Flubber - Feirei

Why is Flubber so far down on this list?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 689, pablito wrote:I want to see those on the list to comment on whether they agree with this plan or not.

To reiterate, I agree and have pledged to follow that "do not shoot" list for this game. I encourage you to do the same now that you're the gunbearer, pablito.

To expound a bit, we'll quite probably be losing pablito at some point (if we don't, he'll definitely get a scummy nomination from me). It disappoints me that Wanderer and Heartless still see me as scummy (or potentially scummy based on X person's flip), but that's their cross to bear. I've made peace with the fact that I will not be shooting CB, Wanderer or Heartless, and it's actually very emancipating. I don't feel overwhelmed by the game at all and see a clear path to victory.

---

Max 692 wrote:Anyways, about Nacho's idea of a Do Not Shoot list... I just think it's a bad idea. Especially one made that early in the game. Nacho made that list with zero flips, so he had the least information out of any GBs. Declaring some people 'town forever' and just leaving it at that is lazy, and disregards later information, or flips, that could come up.

It's a fair point you make, Max, but people can just as easily townhunt as they can scumhunt. Additionally, the first person to receive the gun immediately went against Nacho's wishes and... he shot a townie. Of course this doesn't prove Nacho's list as infallible, but there's a lesson there. Further, I still maintain that Nacho, at least as it's provable rhetorically, has put far and away the most effort in trying to pick that very specific group of people that he called his "untouchables". Another thing I like about our group is how we're a diverse crowd (relative to this game) in our approaches to D1.

And another thing, there are many, many worse strategies to approach a game on this site than putting your trust in townNacho (sure beats townVictor). It bears repeating that, to my knowledge, he has more experience on this site than virtually any other scummer I can think of. Past performance does not guarantee future results, but that's something you can consider positively nonetheless.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:59 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 707, Heartless wrote:
In post 704, Wanderer-nl wrote:My order of preference to shoot (most to least): vonfalre - Lucky - millar - jeanne - Flubber - Feirei

Why is Flubber so far down on this list?

Mostly gut, really. I just rather see the 4 before him shot first right now.
What order would you prefer?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Heartless »

jeanne - Flubber - vonflare - millar - Lucky - Feirei
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 685, Heartless wrote:
In post 683, Flubbernugget wrote:Maybe vic crumbled under pressure and wanted the gun in good hands?

do you agree with pablito about... anything?

Are you implying I should scum read everyone I disagree with?

Are you expecting poor leadership from pablito? Why?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:51 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I really, really do not want a Jeanne shot. She's very likely town and will undoubtedly shoot someone at random if she ever comes back.

I don't consider Flubber or PN to be lurkers, really.

Also, Wanderer, Victor was more or less a lurker when Nacho shot him. That didn't turn out so well.

enomis would be the closest person to a lurker that I'd be fine with shooting right now.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:05 am

Post by enomis »

In post 712, RedCoyote wrote:I really, really do not want a Jeanne shot. She's very likely town and will undoubtedly shoot someone at random if she ever comes back.

Why?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:08 am

Post by enomis »

You seem to have excluded me seeing how you rant about me all days.

And about your townread:
It was your cluelessness in the early game. Scum would prolly know something due to their day chat.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 713, enomis wrote:
In post 712, RedCoyote wrote:I really, really do not want a Jeanne shot. She's very likely town and will undoubtedly shoot someone at random if she ever comes back.

Why?

I no longer get the sense that she's scum, nor do I now think the scum came into this game with the strategy to have the goons actively bait for a shot. Jeanne and Lucky seem only interested in pestering for a shot to fulfill their vigilante fantasies. Jeanne especially I see no town or scum motivation behind her posts. Further, she may be replaced with someone useful soon, so I would recommend laying off of her until we see if that happens or not.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 am

Post by enomis »

I mean why is she likely town?

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 am

Post by enomis »

In post 715, RedCoyote wrote:Jeanne and Lucky seem only interested in pestering for a shot to fulfill their vigilante fantasie

This is false about Jeanne btw..

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Because the only read I can get off of her posts is that she wants someone to shoot her so she gets to "do something". Ergo, she's probably just a bored townie.

enomis 717 wrote:This is false about Jeanne btw..

In post 84, Jeanne11 wrote:Shoot me!

I am a resident masochist
In post 87, Jeanne11 wrote:C'mon, shoot me. I am the Pope. Everyone hates the Pope.
In post 89, Jeanne11 wrote:Shoot meeeee......^_^
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:20 am

Post by enomis »

Oh she had that. I thought all she posted was hello.

BTW, if you want to know, she lurks in all of the games i have with her. And she site-flakked.

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 711, Flubbernugget wrote:Are you implying I should scum read everyone I disagree with?

No, he's implying that your current ass-kissing about how he's such a great leader is just that: ass-kissing.

If you don't agree with any of his reads, it doesn't logically follow that you think he's going to be a great gunbearer.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@enomis: I don't see you as a real lurker because you do post your thoughts, whereas the others do not. And I was just talking about the (currently alive) lurkers. I was thinking of adding julien and PN inthere but they too sometimes make posts with actual thoughts.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 719, enomis wrote:Oh she had that. I thought all she posted was hello.

BTW, if you want to know, she lurks in all of the games i have with her. And she site-flakked.

I realize that she lurks, but she hasn't site-flaked. Check it out yourself.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 7:23 am

Post by pablito »

Good discussion so far. Thanks guys.

Also, what are your guys' expectations of a gunbearer? I have my own ideas, but I think it's also good to get a clear idea.

I currently have an idea of certain players I won't shoot, but that's all I have for now. I will explain my rationale for those later once I reveal them.
Sup, later.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 718, RedCoyote wrote:Because the only read I can get off of her posts is that she wants someone to shoot her so she gets to "do something". Ergo, she's probably just a bored townie.

It's a wash. Optimal goon strategy is to lurk to not give away associatives. Asking for the shot is shrug-worthy at best. With roughly half the playerlist being scum, I'm not as optimistic of Jeanne being town as you are.

Nevertheless, I think a Flubber or a julien shot is best right now.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Completed Open Games”